Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 4041

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

  1. #1
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532

    Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

    I ordered Egon and He-Ro from mattey collector over a month ago and i still haven't received them. I also purchased tri-clops and he isn't here either ... and we are coming upon the 15th again when webstor is available and i don't even have my aug. figures yet.

    And to top it off, there is no way to track them, that I can see anyways, because if i use the "findmyorder.com" thing they tell you in the confirmation e-mail you get, it wants your order # ... so i type it in, it then goes OH YA! Here it is! and it shows you a copy of the e-mail I JUST USED to get the information the website wanted .... it's a crazy logic loop.

    Am i the only one in this position? Am i freaking out early? .... should i just have patience?

    im not one to freak out .. but i cant track my package, i dont have my figures yet when i normally do by now, and i've dropped a decent amount of money on them ... anyone else worried?

    sorry if this has already been posted somewhere ....
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    167
    Same thing here, and I live in the Netherlands...it always took long, but never this long.....

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Urosinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I ordered Egon and He-Ro from mattey collector over a month ago and i still haven't received them. I also purchased tri-clops and he isn't here either ... and we are coming upon the 15th again when webstor is available and i don't even have my aug. figures yet.

    And to top it off, there is no way to track them, that I can see anyways, because if i use the "findmyorder.com" thing they tell you in the confirmation e-mail you get, it wants your order # ... so i type it in, it then goes OH YA! Here it is! and it shows you a copy of the e-mail I JUST USED to get the information the website wanted .... it's a crazy logic loop.

    Am i the only one in this position? Am i freaking out early? .... should i just have patience?

    im not one to freak out .. but i cant track my package, i dont have my figures yet when i normally do by now, and i've dropped a decent amount of money on them ... anyone else worried?

    sorry if this has already been posted somewhere ....
    Hi Stickfa,

    You do not have to worry!
    Since I cannot order motuc to Serbia (matty simply doesn't want to ship here, or digitalriver, whoever it is same for me)I have to order them to my friends all around globe.
    When ordered Mer-Man back in april to my friend in Toronto he was traveling more than month and a half. It has arrived around 5th of june!
    So eventually you will get the figures, plus you will have to pay approx 7 cad per figure as tax, or something else.

    cheers!

  4. #4
    GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,475
    I'm in Ottawa Canada and received my He-ro on Monday. What part of Canada do you live in? My guess is it's held up in customes cause you bought 2 figures.
    Ironmans Want List:

    MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

    Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Opticon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Posts
    203
    Stuff always takes at least a month to get to me, so I'm used to it by now.


    Not happy about it, but used to it.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior badmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    363
    Im from Japan and im keep waiting for my Try-Klops having the ship confirmation on 20. at the moment it's taking 14 days (T_T)

    how they ship it ? way it's take so loooong time to arrive?

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Nor-Cal
    Posts
    878
    to people in other countries...


    you guys should really find a way to hook up with a US California person... it would be so much less stressful to order and then get the figures because we could use USPS...(you can track a customs form)


    I would be willing to try it out.. if people were interested... for a slight fee...I get mine about 3-4 days after I order..

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    88
    To be honest, I've waited up to 6 weeks for a couple of fiugres, but usually it takes about 4. There is nothing to worry about, they send it ground International, takes a long time but they'll get there.
    Jay

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Saint John, NB, Canada
    Posts
    144
    It usually takes me over a month to get figures from matty. I got my He-Ro yesterday. I live in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.

  10. #10
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    You can read more about this here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166955

    It's been getting worse for every figure throughout the year. I've gone with UPS since Hordak.

  11. #11
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    509
    I began using UPS because the figures were taking up to 4 weeks to arrive, and often the customs charges brought the cost close to what it would cost to ship with UPS.

    UPS can be expensive, I pay about the cost of a figure and then some change every month. Bonus figures will be hellish, and I'm only going to use UPS for a few figures in 2010.

    I tried to buy the subscription with UPS, but it wouldn't let me, but I think that's better because I can just use UPS if I want to rush a bonus figure.

  12. #12
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,274
    I wouldn't blame Matty for this. They are offering you the cheap shipping, but it's First Class Mail International and that cannot be tracked. The Canadian postal service is very slow according to what I have been told by USPS.

    I know it's frustrating for international collectors to have to either pay very high shipping costs or to wait quite a few weeks for delivery with no tracking. Unfortunately Mattel is just passing along the shipping options that are available to them.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Zuff-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    158
    I wouldnt worry. The international Post option is painfully slow for us Canadian's. The figure tended to show up the day after I ordered the next one. I did the math for Customs andShipping and its only a couple dollars more to use UPS in the future. Frankly, do what I did and skip a couple Tim's and go for the UPS shipping.

    Cheers,
    Org-ers Ive dealth with:

    Big Country - traded MOTUC He-man MOC for MOTUC Merman MOC

  14. #14
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,277
    I live in Edmonton and it ALWAYS takes a month and a few days. Today is exactly a month,I expect my He Ro`s to arrive in the next day or 2. Is this your first order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberbratt View Post
    to people in other countries...


    you guys should really find a way to hook up with a US California person... it would be so much less stressful to order and then get the figures because we could use USPS...(you can track a customs form)


    I would be willing to try it out.. if people were interested... for a slight fee...I get mine about 3-4 days after I order..
    By time you order and charge for shipping to you, that`s the exact cost I would have to pay, then i have to pay you to ship it to me and the slight fee? To me that looks more expensive than waiting a month. Plus now that the sub will kick in theres not much use in offering.
    Last edited by adam03; September 3, 2009 at 02:57pm.

  15. #15
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The Canadian postal service is very slow according to what I have been told by USPS.
    LOL, that's hilarious, I've never had slow shipping like this ever. Not for anything, either within, or coming from out of the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    I began using UPS because the figures were taking up to 4 weeks to arrive, and often the customs charges brought the cost close to what it would cost to ship with UPS.
    Pretty much, figured I might as well throw in the few extra bucks. Even then it still takes a week b/c the shipping confirmation never comes until Friday/Saturday, but it's still better than waiting 5-6 weeks. I ordered MAA with UPS and got him before some people got Hordak. I might bite the bullet on a few figures here and there and do the long wait, but for now it's UPS until they get this sorted out.

  16. #16
    ORGER of the North™ Tuukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I live in Edmonton and it ALWAYS takes a month and a few days. Today is exactly a month,I expect my He Ro`s to arrive in the next day or 2.
    That's unbelievable..sorry to hear that. Even Europeans get faster (18-30 days).

    I think You guys have the worst scenario.. Matty shipping + Canada's postal service
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

    WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

  17. #17
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    Our postal service is fine. It's the people doing the shipping that are to blame.

  18. #18
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Our postal service is fine. It's the people doing the shipping that are to blame.
    Dont for get customsthey share in the blame

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior xBBestx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Our postal service is fine. It's the people doing the shipping that are to blame.
    I think it's pretty widely known that Canada Post is quite awful. Its not Matty at all. The Canadians here that order by UPS get them really quickly. It's us cheap skates that have to wait a while.

    While UPS will get the figures to you a lot faster for a slightly smaller fee (depending how many figures you order, once you pass 5 or 6 the fee almost doubles), you are guaranteed to pay a brokerage fee when UPS delivers the good to you. Through Canada Post there is a chance you wont have to pay any extra at all. I have gotten Canada Post shipping on all figures so far and only paid customs fees once.

    By the time you factor in the extra money for UPS, and the extra you pay in Brokerage fees or customs fees or whatever name they slap on it, you are paying considerably more for your figures.

    To me its worth it to just wait it out. I don't need these figures at all, so it doesn't really alter my life to have them slightly later. The only affect they have on my life is the money spent, so the less the better.

  20. #20
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    I have never had a problem or delay when using Canada post. Not to say that others don't, but in the Ontario/Quebec region I've never had trouble. With USPS...that's another story. They like to pass the buck sometimes and I've caught them doing it.
    Customs doesn't help, but nothing I've ever ordered from out of country has ever taken more than 2 weeks to get to me.
    But really, this is not any of their faults, it's Digital River or Matty or whoever.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; September 3, 2009 at 04:47pm.

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior JakeofEternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    698
    For me it usually takes 21 days to get figures. Only a couple times has this been the exception. I never use UPS either, in my experience it's been UPS that slows the shipment way down and has take over 2 months in the past as things seem to get stuck in customs far more.

    I've had far better luck using USPS where packages take at most, 21 days to arrive, but usually only 10 business days, though He-Ro was an exremely rare case, I got him just 2 days later!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior xBBestx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,384
    Where you from Jake. In Edmonton it seems to take almost exactly 1 month. Some time ill get the figures 1-2 days before the next goes on sale. Feels like forever ago that I ordered HeRo and Egon.

  23. #23
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Where you from Jake. In Edmonton it seems to take almost exactly 1 month. Some time ill get the figures 1-2 days before the next goes on sale. Feels like forever ago that I ordered HeRo and Egon.
    Me too Anytime now Bro! hopefully tomorrow for both of us!!

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Zuff-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Me too Anytime now Bro! hopefully tomorrow for both of us!!

    Im 45 minutes North of Edmonton and it takes the 30+ days for me. I wish it was considerably less....but its not.
    Org-ers Ive dealth with:

    Big Country - traded MOTUC He-man MOC for MOTUC Merman MOC

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior xBBestx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Me too Anytime now Bro! hopefully tomorrow for both of us!!
    HAHA thats what I was saying yesterday! Tomorrow would be a nice surprise for a pleasant TGIF though!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •