Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    you want to trade a purple stone for a green one I have a loose green staff as well as a mib green stone he-ro. LMK.

EDIT crap I read your follow up post after posting this
    Mine finally showed up today, I got 4 purple stones, seems wierd to have us Edmontonians get all purple stones. Doesn`t seem to random to me seems like they are take as many as they need from a single run of colors i`d trade a loose purple stone for a green stone, if you don`t make a deal elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Mine finally showed up today, I got 4 purple stones, seems wierd to have us Edmontonians get all purple stones. Doesn`t seem to random to me seems like they are take as many as they need from a single run of colors i`d trade a loose purple stone for a green stone, if you don`t make a deal elsewhere
    You got a deal with me! seems the later shipments to Canada are all purple

pm me your address and I'll send out the green staff on monday. and I'll pm my address to you. thanks so much.

Now a BIG favour from anyone living in or near toronto preferably but any canadian will do. I won't be able to order webstor this week, I'll have the $$ for him the following day but no credit card access, if someone can order one for me when they place their order I can paypal them the following day or when he arrives, if you live in TO I'd love to pick it up, but I'll pay for shipping if need be. I don't mind either way I just want to get old webby. let me know if anyone can help, thanks!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm in Toronto and my He-ro only arrived a week ago so, don't worry about it, should be arriving eventually.

Funny though that they don't just keep some figures in Canada for Canadian customers. If the small type of the packaging is any indication then all figures move through Canada at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I'm in Toronto and my He-ro only arrived a week ago so, don't worry about it, should be arriving eventually.

Funny though that they don't just keep some figures in Canada for Canadian customers. If the small type of the packaging is any indication then all figures move through Canada at some point.
    Mattel canada is in mississauga, that's their main warehouse they really should set up a distribution ctr for matty there.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

My He-Ro arrived last week.. beginning of September. I have had other figures take longer to arrive. For me the same day shipping would arrive about 3 days later.. and the delivery guy would come at weird times where if I happened to be at work that day I would miss him. Not sure what happens after they try to deliver it to you and you are not home. I was told.. they might send it back to the place where it was mailed out from. So with that fear I have since opted for economy shipping.

Oh not sure if it matter.. I am in B.C. and my stone was red.

Court Magician
    He-Ro and Egon finally showed up today, 10$ customs charge, but whatever. Very cool figures. I was kind of ho-hum on He-Ro when I saw him the first time but actually having him in hand makes him much more impressive. Got the green stone with mine.

You got a deal with me! seems the later shipments to Canada are all purple

pm me your address and I'll send out the green staff on monday. and I'll pm my address to you. thanks so much.

Now a BIG favour from anyone living in or near toronto preferably but any canadian will do. I won't be able to order webstor this week, I'll have the $$ for him the following day but no credit card access, if someone can order one for me when they place their order I can paypal them the following day or when he arrives, if you live in TO I'd love to pick it up, but I'll pay for shipping if need be. I don't mind either way I just want to get old webby. let me know if anyone can help, thanks!!
    I would help you out, but my webstor`s are coming with my sub. Sorry! but I did pm you about trading He ro`s staff`s

Widget
    I finally got me he-ro today - am in Vancouver. I find it always takes a month but as soon as a holiday or two are thrown in the the time jumps up dramatically.
    Also - today was the first time I ever had to pay duty ($10) on my figure - and I've got all the previous ones. Maybe because it was in a bigger box?

Quote Originally Posted by foov View Post
    I finally got me he-ro today - am in Vancouver. I find it always takes a month but as soon as a holiday or two are thrown in the the time jumps up dramatically.
    Also - today was the first time I ever had to pay duty ($10) on my figure - and I've got all the previous ones. Maybe because it was in a bigger box?
    I paid $9.40 for customs charges

I came in here because I was worried about my Tri-klops. Now I see how it is. :S

I wonder if it has to do with the location in the USA it's being shipped from, because I've had packages arrive in a week or two lately. Yes, even by First Class Mail. I remember back years ago, for the longest time it seemed to be standard that it would take 3 weeks. But lately it's just been really different.
    There's no reason it should take more than 4 weeks thought. Have you guys checked the delivery dates to see when they were first sent out? Maybe the shipping company is slacking off.

It's also too bad you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Order multiple items to save on shipping and you get nailed with taxes and fees. Order single items to try and avoid taxes, and get nailed with expensive shipping.
    The only solution is to order more than one figure, combine orders with other people in the USA, and have someone else ship them to you with a lower customs value. Single figures will not offer any savings.

I also wouldn't count on Mattel shipping them from a Canadian shipping center for Canadian destinations. I have a feeling Mattel's arrangement with their online reseller comes with NO flexibility. It's taken YEARS for Hasbro Toy Shop to offer Canadian shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
    Have you guys checked the delivery dates to see when they were first sent out? Maybe the shipping company is slacking off.
    You know, thats a damn good idea.

I just checked the box my He-ros came in, here's what I came up with.

Email Shipment notification - Aug 7
    Shipment label Ship date - Aug 17
    (Barcode also dated 0717)
    Canada Customs form - Aug 14
    Recieved - Sept 8

I'm thoroughly confused on how the customs form is dated before the shipment labels, but if the "Mail On The Move" shipping label is any indication, they're definitely slacking off...10 days between shipment notification and (theoretical) actual shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with the location in the USA it's being shipped from, because I've had packages arrive in a week or two lately. Yes, even by First Class Mail. I remember back years ago, for the longest time it seemed to be standard that it would take 3 weeks. But lately it's just been really different.
    There's no reason it should take more than 4 weeks thought. Have you guys checked the delivery dates to see when they were first sent out? Maybe the shipping company is slacking off.
    Just checked Hordak's dates.

Order date: 6/15
    Ship date: 6/17
    Canada Customs form: 7/13
    Received: 7/15

I live on the border btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Just checked Hordak's dates.

Order date: 6/15
    Ship date: 6/17
    Canada Customs form: 7/13
    Received: 7/15

I live on the border btw.
    What was the ship date on the shipping label itself?

So are there any canadians that can help me with a webstor this week? PLEASE!!!!! You can't pronounce Canadian without CAN AID

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    What was the ship date on the shipping label itself?
    That's straight from the shipping label.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    That's straight from the shipping label.
    Ah, ok. Then how bout the email shipping notification date?

So are there any canadians that can help me with a webstor this week? PLEASE!!!!! You can't pronounce Canadian without CAN AID
    nor can you spell it without "Nada" lol

I got my He-Ro's and Egon! .... from what i can tell with my flashlight, i got 2 greeen he-ro's ..... green is what i wanted! woo! .... now i kinda want to trade my other green for a purple or a red. = )

still waiting on triclops, and webstor is tomorrow!
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

I'm willing to trade my extra green staff for any other colour.

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't ordered from Matty yet, but being in Vancouver, Canada, I wanted to comment on the shipping concerns.

I never have problems receiving things from the US.. knock on wood. I've received items from the east coast in US in 2 weeks time, on a regular basis. And this is just the regular, cheap-o international air mail option and is usually only a few more bucks than shipping to the US.

Is Matty shipping ground?

The only 'carrier' I've had issues with is UPS. Some of their extra fees are complete ******** in my mind, and I refuse to use them. Their fees have been the source of heated conversation, including a few lawsuits. I refuse to use them.

Sorry to hear the wait is so long, I guess my wait for Adora will be extended a bit even after she's paid for!

Cyn

I got y Triclops today! a day after buying Webstor! that is the longest it has ever taken EVER!!!

normall it's 3-4 weeks to get them ... but this one was 7 weeks! thats crazy. Although things are looking good for webstor, because i bought it on the 15th and got a "Package shipped!" e-mail on the 16th .... thats way FASTER than normal ... so we'll see with this one.

If it's slow again, then it's Canada post and not matty.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I got y Triclops today! a day after buying Webstor! that is the longest it has ever taken EVER!!!

normall it's 3-4 weeks to get them ... but this one was 7 weeks! thats crazy. Although things are looking good for webstor, because i bought it on the 15th and got a "Package shipped!" e-mail on the 16th .... thats way FASTER than normal ... so we'll see with this one.

Got my Trike the same day as you, longest IO've had to wait as well, my figs ALWAYS arrived before the new one went on sale. and may I say big ups to Age for hooking me up with a webstor (getting him in another 7 weeks maybe unless age is luckier than the rest of us canucks. )
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 18, 2009 at 07:02am.

Fear is faith in failure

master of hiphop
    hahah..

glad to help bro!!

yeah i got shipping confirm so i'm hoping i get him before christman
    i tell ya.. customs dudes.. play with these toys its the only explanation

but i'll let you know when i get him and then we can settle up.

Peace!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post

Check your shipping label and customs form (although you didn't mention customs, so if you didn't get one then there's no way to tell).

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    Ah, ok. Then how bout the email shipping notification date?
    Yes, it was the same.

It took over a month for my Tri-Klops to arrive but only 2 & a half weeks for my JLU figures I think it has to do with customs(if the size of the box is too big they will hold it) for how long you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdaledude View Post
    It took over a month for my Tri-Klops to arrive but only 2 & a half weeks for my JLU figures I think it has to do with customs(if the size of the box is too big they will hold it) for how long you wait.
    I`m still waitng on Tri-Klops Hopefully Monday, it`s been a month and 3 days now