Page 45 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3962

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    lol thanks.... it's true though. Businesses can make like 5 billion in a year, like Wal-Mart, or Home Depot etc. and then a month goes by where they do less profit than expected and its TIME TO CUT HOURS! .... punishing the workers for something they have nothing to do with. Meanwhile your whole life is sold to this company for just barely enough to scrape by on .... it's disgusting and wrong.

There is a CEO in Japan that owns an airline, that sold his house, and lives in an appt., and gave himself a pay cut, a drastic one, because he wanted all of his workers to have comfy lives. He didnt think it was fair to live so well while those who made him the money struggle. He takes the bus to work .... and to me it was like HELL YA, that dude is amazing. That is one decent human being right there.

another one was a 70 year old Japanese man saying that they should send him and other seniors in to clean up the radiation from the nuclear plants that failed, because the effects of the radiation give you cancer and kill you in 30+ years ... and hes like "I dont have that long anyways" .... like OMG Japan ... you guys rock.

Then you type Japanese Anime into google and its like WHAT .... THE ... CRAP ... IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. lol
    That's it, I'm moving to Japan...

I work in retail and have been with the same company for almost 11 years. I've always worked full time hours (32-40 per week) even though I have part-time status. Because of this "recession" that hit a few years back, I'm now only scheduled for 10-15 hours per week. Thankfully my husband has a decent job, or we'd be homeless.

On another note (the whole reason I replied to this thread to begin with) I spoke to a postal worker today and got an update regarding the strike. Apparently negotiations are still in the works, and it doesn't look like the post office will be shut down just yet. Mail is still arriving but it may be a few days late. Just in case anyone here may have been concerned

Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    That's it, I'm moving to Japan...

I work in retail and have been with the same company for almost 11 years. I've always worked full time hours (32-40 per week) even though I have part-time status. Because of this "recession" that hit a few years back, I'm now only scheduled for 10-15 hours per week. Thankfully my husband has a decent job, or we'd be homeless.

On another note (the whole reason I replied to this thread to begin with) I spoke to a postal worker today and got an update regarding the strike. Apparently negotiations are still in the works, and it doesn't look like the post office will be shut down just yet. Mail is still arriving but it may be a few days late. Just in case anyone here may have been concerned
    See, this is exactly what I am talking about. You get 32-40 hours a week and that's PART TIME. Why? So they dont have to give you benefits, which saves them money. So every week, they bend every hard working employee over and have their way with them. If you complain, or have a bad attitude because you're being reamed, FIRED. It's rage educing and disgusting.... all we want to do it take care of our families, have a nice life, not have to struggle. I dont expect us all to be millionaires, but is expecting a life were you DONT struggle when you work 35-40 hours a week so much? ...

The thing is, is that I myself am not in this situation, Im not struggling at all, but it still makes me sick .... like I react the same emotionally to this as I would a snuff film .... it's just so wrong.

Also, on a happier note, thanks for the update! .... my mail lady told me the same thing ... and because I answer the door frequently wearing only my underwear, my mail lady LOVES to stand and chat lol!
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Have any other Canadians received their June renewal emails yet? No emails have come or charges gone through for me yet.
    Last edited by Spikewolfe; June 13, 2011 at 05:41pm. Reason: specify which month's renewal was being discussed

I got mine today...
    All caught up on figures...now what

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Less than 6 hours to go!

At least now that Canada Post has locked out their employees, there should be some type of resolution (probably back to work legislation) to all this mess well before today's sale items even reach the border and Canada Post takes over delivery from USPS.
    I feel a lot more comfortable about placing my order today, even with the lockout, than I did when there was more uncertainty...... as I can't imagine the lockout still being in effect when the figures are set to arrive in my mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Less than 6 hours to go!

At least now that Canada Post has locked out their employees, there should be some type of resolution (probably back to work legislation) to all this mess well before today's sale items even reach the border and Canada Post takes over delivery from USPS.
    I feel a lot more comfortable about placing my order today, even with the lockout, than I did when there was more uncertainty...... as I can't imagine the lockout still being in effect when the figures are set to arrive in my mailbox.
    Glad to see you're more optimistic than I am. I'm tempted to splurge on the UPS delivery today, but I might do the same as you.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Okay, has anyone out there still not received their sub renewal emails yet? Gettin' a little woried here....

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Got my shipment email the other day for my sub. Unfortunately with the Canada Post lockout who knows when I'll get them.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

I think we're all doomed to wait .... but if it goes on for a while, when they finally get it going again, it's gonna be like friggin christmas!
    Religion = The Horde

It will be about 10 days delay while the bill passes. If we didn't get a majority gvt this last election...the mail could have been out for months!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Okay, has anyone out there still not received their sub renewal emails yet? Gettin' a little woried here....
    You can check on your order on the matty website to see if its been processed, shipped etc. I changed my email before my sub even started and after multiple phone calls to Digital River they still haven't managed to get it right. So i get no notification emails at all and every month I check on Matty just to make sure everything goes through.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    i got my confirmation and shipment notice for my subs.... I"m not really pumped right now but in about 3 to 4 weeks I'll be a little more excited. if the postal workers get back at er!!

I'm guessing this thread will just die because of Canada Post
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Ahh, choosing different shipping options month-to-month...reason #759 not to own a sub.

I should receive my figures tomorrow. My shipment was stuck in Kentucky for over 24 hours! I've not seen that happen before...otherwise I should have had it today. I was wondering if UPS was maybe a bit backed up because of the lockout, so it got delayed a bit?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    They expect to pass the bill on Thursday! There's still hope.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

you think matty would be willing to tell us where our items sit in the US while the strike is on, and for those of us that live close enough, we could just drive and get them in the states?....

Cuz im imagining months and months of no mail ....
    Religion = The Horde

In your scenario, the packages would make it across the border and sit with Canada Customs, waiting to be released to Canada Post.

UPS just dropped off my shipment. He said they're crazy busy due to the lockout. But man, I had to pay $16.50 at the door! :facepalm:
    I haven't removed the figures from their cards yet, but they look great.

Anyone get anything yesterday from Canada Post?
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Monday got Green Man in the bubble pack in Winnipeg, the white mailer had 4 rounded corners, but the package wasn't so bad. Ripped it open right away though.
    I received mine in a brown box. Everything was perfect.

Why did they ship yours in the bubble mailer and mine in a box? I had assumed that they shipped mine in a box as the white mailer was larger than a MOTUC figure.

That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Not yet.

Nothing here either...and I'm waiting on one item sent BEFORE the strike. Non-Matty related, but I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Nothing here either...and I'm waiting on one item sent BEFORE the strike. Non-Matty related, but I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.
    Same here. So far all I've got is my phone bill. I made two purchases online at the end of May, so I'm starting to get concerned.

Rumor I heard is there is still 180+ eighteen-wheeler trailers jammed full of just parcels parked, waiting to be brought into the Mississauga Gateway plant that still need to be sorted since the end of the lockout.
    Sounds like our parcels are going to be experiencing a long delay if that's the case, especially with Canada Post not granting any overtime to help clear out the backlog. Maybe closer to a 2 month wait, like back around Christmas '09 with some of our Matty parcels?

Oh good lord! If that's true, we won't be getting our stuff until October!

i got some ebay stuff i ordered a while ago, but nothing MOTU related. Good to know the mail is up and running again though!
    Religion = The Horde