Page 112 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4013

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I chose UPS during the presale, which was $64.55. Maybe I'll get it changed to DHL (although at the time, when asked, they said DHL would not be available?)

Also, if they want a cheaper method, Mattel offers Purolator on their own website, which is cheaper than international post!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I chose UPS during the presale, which was $64.55. Maybe I'll get it changed to DHL (although at the time, when asked, they said DHL would not be available?)

Also, if they want a cheaper method, Mattel offers Purolator on their own website, which is cheaper than international post!
    Oh, maybe I did that too. How do I check?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Response from Matty VIP concerning shipping to Canada..

In other words, they aren't going to do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and just so you know.. if you ordered CG with International Shipping to Canada you will be paying $186 in shipping. However, the DHL method is $58.

I thought Canadian fans should be aware of this. Email Matty and they will change your shipping method for you. DHL ensures getting hit with customs fees, but I doubt they will total $128 (which is the difference) and even if they do, well at least you get your castle in a few days rather than a few months.
    I'm confused, I just looked at my original CG order and it quoted me at just under $38 for shipping, I know that was just an estimate at the time but now you're saying shipping is gonna be $186? Seriously?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    I'm confused, I just looked at my original CG order and it quoted me at just under $38 for shipping, I know that was just an estimate at the time but now you're saying shipping is gonna be $186? Seriously?
    Well if you go to the pre-order now and put it in your cart, watch what price it gives you. Outrageous!!

Yeah, mine must of been for just under $37 too, as my total preauthorization amount was $287 and change.

Hhmmmmmm.

Given the size and price on CG, DHL will destroy your wallet with customs. I would even guess it would rival International Shipping after custom charges.

I remember buying a Casio watch ($50) and was customed for over $90 by DHL. Once you get hit that hard, you never go back...

Heroic Warrior
    Well if you go to the pre-order now and put it in your cart, watch what price it gives you. Outrageous!!

Yeah, mine must of been for just under $37 too, as my total preauthorization amount was $287 and change.

Hhmmmmmm.
    I don't think they can charge us that much if we already have invoices from our pre-orders but I'll make sure and check once the date get's closer. $180+ for shipping is out of hand. I hope that's not what they are charging people.

Just went and tried to add one to my cart, shipping was $58.60 for DHL or International post. Weird it said that 180 number for you. Btw, I'm in Ontario.
    Last edited by cax16; February 19, 2013 at 12:21am.

Heroic Warrior
    Good point. I'm going to clarify with DR why it quoted me $38 and now they want $186.

Response from Matty VIP concerning shipping to Canada..

I also show that you have raised concerns in a previous e-mail over the
    cost of shipping figures to Canada via International Post. We are aware
    that the price increases this year have brought much concern to our
    International customers and we are always striving to bring the cheapest
    shipping costs to our customers. If we are able to locate a better
    shipping method, and find a way to pass those savings on to you we will.
    We are pleased to note that traceable shipping costs to Canada have been
    greatly reduced over last year. I would recomend that you do price out
    that shipping method anytime you order multiple figures.

That is not correct...it is actually wrong...UPS for one figure last year which is trackable was $23.16 and now with DHL it is $24.20. So that statement is absolutely wrong, and Toyguru said that last year as well - that the trackable method for shipping was gong down...it went up!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Good point. I'm going to clarify with DR why it quoted me $38 and now they want $186.
    I'm happy I chose USPS during the first pre-sale. They better not change my shipping method to DHL without my consent cause I hear the customs are brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    That is not correct...it is actually wrong...UPS for one figure last year which is trackable was $23.16 and now with DHL it is $24.20. So that statement is absolutely wrong, and Toyguru said that last year as well - that the trackable method for shipping was gong down...it went up!
    Did you respond to them?
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

DHL's customs charges on Netossa were 12 bucks. On Ram/Jitsu was 16 bucks.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, stuff still sucks. Don't let the thread die, keep posting guys.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Point is, they could care less about Canadian customers and are not going to do anything about this. What this means is that I'm done after this year's sub ends.

They don't care about Canada, so they can say goodbye to at least 10% of their customer base.

Ordered with DHL for the first time for RamMan/Jitsu because it was cheaper than USPS. I knew I would get charged customs but I figured it would still be less and I think it was, can't remember how much more USPS was, I think nearly double, which is insane.

Anyways, had to Pay about $16.50 for customs on two RamMan's and two Jitsu's. Not terrible, but when you factor in what shipping cost, that's an extra $53 above retail price for the figures, making them about $43 each. Back in the day I was paying about $23 each figure shipped. I know prices have to go up, it's how the world works, but $20 in a few years... Unacceptable. These were two key characters for me so I had to have them, but I will be passing on nearly every figure to come now. These prices are just absurd.

Also, really scared to see what happens with the shipping on grayskull. They should be honoring the $37 we were charged. To up it to $180 is insane, and the customs charges that will come from DHL would be bank breaking.

I don't wanna sound like a whiner but I have to admit the insane increase in final cost per figure has really put a damper on my enthusiasm for the line. MOTUC is my #1 and has been for years but when the standard figs are almost $40 each I'm nearing the point where I just want to finish the various teams and call it a day.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I ordered Castle Grayskull the very first day and they were charging $70! Then the very next day the shipping went down to $30+. Matty still hasn't gotten back to me if they will charge me $70 or the $30+ when the castle grayskull does come out.

BTW, anyone here got the filmation sub? I never got a confirmation email from then, went to the order history of MY SUBSCRIPTION, didn't see anything there. Do you think my order went in??

Wasn't there something in another thread that said that they would charge us what was shown on the invoice we received? I'll dig around on that.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ne-up-394-!!!!

Anyways, despite the overall increased shipping costs for this line I have to consider the following:

1) The line isnt available at your regular Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc.

2) Buying from resellers (BBTS, eBay etc) also often have high shipping costs normally depending where you live, but also charge higher for the figure itself as well.

Once I consider these two points alone I have to say to myself "Since I can't buy this line anywhere else and if I go elsewhere it's even more expensive. It comes down to paying what Matty charges and collecting the line or dropping altogether and having nothing.

It doesnt mean I like the higher shipping costs, because I don't (like everyone else here). But I put up with it because I enjoy the line and want to see it continue and get as many characters as possible before the line ends (whenever that may be).
    Last edited by Panthor; February 21, 2013 at 05:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthor View Post
    Wasn't there something in another thread that said that they would charge us what was shown on the invoice we received? I'll dig around on that.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ne-up-394-!!!!

Anyways, despite the overall increased shipping costs for this line I have to consider the following:

1) The line isnt available at your regular Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc.

2) Buying from resellers (BBTS, eBay etc) also often have high shipping costs normally depending where you live, but also charge higher for the figure itself as well.

Once I consider these two points alone I have to say to myself "Since I can't buy this line anywhere else and if I go elsewhere it's even more expensive. It comes down to paying what Matty charges and collecting the line or dropping altogether and having nothing.

It doesnt mean I like the higher shipping costs, because I don't (like everyone else here). But I put up with it because I enjoy the line and want to see it continue and get as many characters as possible before the line ends (whenever that may be).
    P!ss poor international shipping speed through international costs $13.75 ($40.75 total)
    DHL costs $24 + customs to the figure's total

Locally you can still buy MOTUCS through comicbook shops (like Silver Snail in Toronto). Funny thing is if you asked me 5 months ago I'd tell you their prices are highway robbery. Now, they're actually cheaper than Matty.
    At Comicon, there's a seller there that prices his MOTUCs at $30 - $40 depending on the figure.
    eBay now actually has competitive prices, and most sellers ship via USPS (way faster than whatever Matty uses).

The best way to ensure your figure is probably through Matty, but it's also one of the most expensive.

That's the tricky part for sure. Matty's own prices are neck and neck with secondary market sometimes.

But, on the flip side, you have stuff like Fang Man situations where it sucks to not be a subber.

It totally has ups and downs, but I also am in the boat that's paying the crazy prices simply because we kinda have to. And I think Matty is aware of that, which is part of why nothing changes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    P!ss poor international shipping speed through international costs $13.75 ($40.75 total)
    DHL costs $24 + customs to the figure's total

Locally you can still buy MOTUCS through comicbook shops (like Silver Snail in Toronto). Funny thing is if you asked me 5 months ago I'd tell you their prices are highway robbery. Now, they're actually cheaper than Matty.
    At Comicon, there's a seller there that prices his MOTUCs at $30 - $40 depending on the figure.
    eBay now actually has competitive prices, and most sellers ship via USPS (way faster than whatever Matty uses).

The best way to ensure your figure is probably through Matty, but it's also one of the most expensive.
    I'm in Barrie. We have a comic shop here locally that gets SOME of the figs in but not all. It's a bit of a hassle for me to go down to Toronto and once you factor in the price of gas, its more expensive than deal direct with Matty for me.

I agree though that you might be able to get it cheaper on the secondary market on some figures, but that doesn't apply for ALL of them. When you also factor in popular characters to high demand, then figure availability and price become an issue. Then there's the sub exclusives (Wun-Dar, Shadow Weaver etc) that can go quite high on the secondary market and be in high demand.

Again, I have peace of mind that since I have a sub, I get all the figures and I won't miss out. Yeah the shipping times suck, but it gives me something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    That's the tricky part for sure. Matty's own prices are neck and neck with secondary market sometimes.

But, on the flip side, you have stuff like Fang Man situations where it sucks to not be a subber.

It totally has ups and downs, but I also am in the boat that's paying the crazy prices simply because we kinda have to. And I think Matty is aware of that, which is part of why nothing changes.

Exactly. If I didn't have a sub and couldn't get Fang Man because of that, I'd be raging!

I think it's cool that some people can come to terms with the shipping price hike, and can outweigh it with the actual product.

I've never complained about the line, like ever. Frosta's face, reverse shoulders, Sorceress' design flaw, She-Ra's skirt, Fang Man exclusive to subs or even Castle Grayskull's size and all. But there's something very dishonest and unfriendly about the shipping rates. I don't like being ripped. I don't like my answers as a customer unanswered. I mean, they could at least try to justify it... Or include the shipping slip with the package as proof that the rates through Matty isn't THAT far off. SOMETHING, ANYTHING...

The whole situation stinks of poor customer service. I won't be settling down anytime soon. I hope the other Canadians unhappy with the current situation continue and not let up as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Did you respond to them?
    I am not sure who they are e-mailing with...just the response this VIP Matty person gave is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    I think it's cool that some people can come to terms with the shipping price hike, and can outweigh it with the actual product.

I've never complained about the line, like ever. Frosta's face, reverse shoulders, Sorceress' design flaw, She-Ra's skirt, Fang Man exclusive to subs or even Castle Grayskull's size and all. But there's something very dishonest and unfriendly about the shipping rates. I don't like being ripped. I don't like my answers as a customer unanswered. I mean, they could at least try to justify it... Or include the shipping slip with the package as proof that the rates through Matty isn't THAT far off. SOMETHING, ANYTHING...

The whole situation stinks of poor customer service. I won't be settling down anytime soon. I hope the other Canadians unhappy with the current situation continue and not let up as well..
    I do agree however that Canada should not be paying the same or similar amount of shipping to those collectors of lets say, overseas. We are right across the boarder on the same continent. Yes I outweigh the shipping costs to actual product, but it doesn't mean that I like the increase in shipping.

I tolerate it as if I go another route to get the figures then I'm not guaranteed to get the ones I want or at the cheapest price possible and ease of getting them.

Would I like cheaper shipping? Heck yes! And I really hope that the people complaining to Matty can get some results from all this!

I don't even need to justify the cost of the figure...I just picked up a recent release from another toy line "in a galaxy far far away" and the figure for 12.99 plus $15 first class shipping is absolute crap! It is tiny, flimsy and cannot stand on its own and the paint from the weapons in the hands came off leaving silver paint in the hand and the weapons have no silver paint on the handle of either weapon. GARBAGE. Now I see why the line has 'paused'.

These Masters figures may hurt when they come to the door, or the VISA bill arrives...but once they are opened and on the shelf....they are priceless. They are the best thing out there right now...silver hands down!

But Matty needs to look at a MAP...

Any Ram-Mans show up yet?
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

My Jitsu and Ram-Man haven't shown up yet, no.