Page 116 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3937

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    I'm waiting until I get my King He-Man before I cancel my credit card. I dont want to pay for figures I don't want.
    I didn't do anything....I still want my sub....4th call right now to try to get it back...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Court Magician
    Hey just wondering if they're any .org members from the maritimes and if they got their feb sub figs yet
    thyanks

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I didn't do anything....I still want my sub....4th call right now to try to get it back...
    Did you recently change your shipping method? Because if you did, your cancellation is probably completely normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    I'm waiting until I get my King He-Man before I cancel my credit card. I dont want to pay for figures I don't want.
    I'm usually a 'glass half full' kinda guy but I wouldn't be surprised if the Subscription customer count drops considerably after the March sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Did you recently change your shipping method? Because if you did, your cancellation is probably completely normal.
    I asked for the change in late FEB...and sub was cancelled this week...

So has anyone figured out this DHL business? I also have a sub with international post and got dinged for $10.05 COD when picking up my package.

It's very frustrating having to pay so much for shipping and shipping-related charges, especially when they mess up like this.....
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I asked for the change in late FEB...and sub was cancelled this week...
    Then you're in luck, because that's completely normal. The way it works is they cancel your sub and then reinstate it with the new shipping method. However, they don't actually do it until about a week before the following month's sale.

The exact same thing happened to me in February.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I've been buying the sub since 2010 but I did not buy the 2013 sub because 1) the cost per fig are now too high, 2) The shipping costs are too high & 3) I've got all the figs I care about. Also like many other fellow collectors I have higher priority costs and a wedding coming up and possibly a new home in the very near future so collecting MOTUC on a regular basis is out of the picture. I did order CG as it will be the "crown jewel" of my collection. I've budgeted out for $325 for it, which will cover product, shipping and HST (if i get hit by customs, which would be a first since NOT once since i jumped on MOTUC have i been charged duty).

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Am I ever ****** with Canada Post. I receive a notice for pick up for my Feb sub on Monday for a Tuesday pick up. I went on Tuesday and Wednesday and nothing. Apparently the mail delivery guy left my package in the truck and it was sent back to the processing center. I opened a file on it last night so hopefully I receive my figures soon. If they are lost I'm gonna flip out. Why couldn't this happen last month with Netossa. Damn!!!!!!!
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Court Magician
    Just got my ram-man and jitsu today. Frist time since last summer they came with no sweedish post stickers. But I got hit with a 10.05 COD charge because it shipped across borders using DHL.
    I never selected DHL for my shipping option I always use USPS and I never get hit with dutie fees this is the first time. ***.
    According to the stickers on the box it went from Mail on the move to DHL then to CP then to me. With the extra 10.05 COD the shipping per figure works out to be 16.00.
    I would of been better if it had gone to sweeden.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Its funny how you file a claim and the next day your package appears. I also had the DHL thing even though I chose IP but my fees were $14.45. Why did I pay more? This is so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by affleck13 View Post
    Just got my ram-man and jitsu today. Frist time since last summer they came with no sweedish post stickers. But I got hit with a 10.05 COD charge because it shipped across borders using DHL.
    I never selected DHL for my shipping option I always use USPS and I never get hit with dutie fees this is the first time. ***.
    According to the stickers on the box it went from Mail on the move to DHL then to CP then to me. With the extra 10.05 COD the shipping per figure works out to be 16.00.
    I would of been better if it had gone to sweeden.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Here is the DHL Global Mail answer - they are international post as well as Express. We will get hit with customs either way now if the order is expensive enough.

http://www.dhl.com/en/mail.html

That's so stupid. Wow. Might as well pick DHL every time then.

Are other international customers having the same experience as us??

I think we basically just finally caught up to other "International" countries where we're going to get dinged every time just like they do.

CS also got back to me and confirmed what others have already said: our Intl. post option is now also DHL, so we'll get customs on everything now. They said it was because Canada Post is getting tougher on customs and that it has nothing to do with DHL specifically but that's obviously not entirely true since we have all avoided customs easily in the past (including January of this year).

On the plus side, they'll no longer be going to Sweden, so we'll get them faster. But man, talk about bittersweet....
    Last edited by Balthus Dire; March 8, 2013 at 12:56pm.

Well on the months that there is only one figure...that is under the $40 amount for customs...we won't be charged any extra. Otherwise....$$$

Canada Post in not tougher on customs...I have had 3 100+ packages come through in the last 2-3 weeks, one over $240....all of them 0 customs! I had to sign for each one...but no customs! Ram / Jitsu is the only customs in a long time.

I only switched to DHL express this month because 3 items (KHM / FM / Map) ship cheaper than INT post...and they are here in a few days! I don't wanna waste any time selling off King He-Man and Fang Man.

Well, let us know how much your DHL charges are in March. I think we should all compare. I think you actually might pay more in customs when you pick the DHL option, which is bizarre. Maybe extra handling? I dunno.

For example, the majority of you paid $10 or something for Rammy and Jitsu. I picked the DHL option and my customs fees were $18.

Also, just so everyone knows, I've been informed that there is absolutely no limit to how many times we can change our shipping methods on our subs and they encourage us to change them as best fits our budgetary needs.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar

I only switched to DHL express this month because 3 items (KHM / FM / Map) ship cheaper than INT post...and they are here in a few days! I don't wanna waste any time selling off King He-Man and Fang Man.
    What's the price difference, and do I still have time to switch shipping like you did? I'm thinking of selling off King He-man too.

And, yeah that line about Canada Post being tougher on customs is total B.S. First off, Canada Post has nothing to do with it, it's all up to Canada Customs to inspect parcels and decide the amount of taxes to be collected...... and they still only have the manpower to inspect parcels randomly. DHL just assumes every one of their parcels will be inspected & pays up front..... the only thing I find troubling is the amounts should be the same within each province. Especially when someone like me in Smiths Falls is less than an hour away from Ottawa, but gets dinged with a slightly higher fee. Would be nice to know DHL's formula for calculating customs & handling....

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    What's the price difference, and do I still have time to switch shipping like you did? I'm thinking of selling off King He-man too.

And, yeah that line about Canada Post being tougher on customs is total B.S. First off, Canada Post has nothing to do with it, it's all up to Canada Customs to inspect parcels and decide the amount of taxes to be collected...... and they still only have the manpower to inspect parcels randomly. DHL just assumes every one of their parcels will be inspected & pays up front..... the only thing I find troubling is the amounts should be the same within each province. Especially when someone like me in Smiths Falls is less than an hour away from Ottawa, but gets dinged with a slightly higher fee. Would be nice to know DHL's formula for calculating customs & handling....
    They needed 5 days to complete the change...they will start shipping out Tuesday / Wednesday...they will probably not get it done in time. Since both shipping options seem to have customs on them, that is a 0 difference, but the DHL Express is 28 for 3 items this month and the DHL Global Mail is 30...only $2 difference, but...it will be delivered in 3 days, not 3 weeks.

I want to save as much $$ as possible...so for most of the year the DHL Global mail will be cheaper on a one and two figure month....but there will be a wait. AS soon as I get my shipping notice and see the tracking number is out of Matty's hands, I am calling to change the shipping back to INT postage for snake face and it looks like back to DHL express for May...large items cost more with INT post as well.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'd like to do the same as you. One question though, how did you find out the shipping difference w/ the map included ahead of time? (I have to confess my ignorance to this, as I try to avoid that wacky website except for sale days in fear of them somehow mucking up my sub).

How is it dealing with them over the phone?

I found out from Balthus Dire here in the Canada thread!

And as far as dealing with them...the 3 rd call I made I mentioned my subscription and that I looked on the my subscriptions page...and she did not know what that was...I explained it to her...she thanked me for the information. I love this line...but DR are brutal...I actually am starting to find dealing with them funny...I really am...

When I called, I used the Escalations number and the person was very helpful. My recommendation is to avoid the standard DR customer service reps as much as possible; go straight to the escalations or higher if you can.

Also, I noticed on Matty's forum someone from EU has posted about the map being full shipping price, so the awareness has started.

They may now notice...but it a little late...I am sure EVERYONE will notice...once they get charged...are we allowed to ask what the 'escataions number is?'

Yep it's public info. Courtesy of Fwoosh:

Escalation Department

952-253-1234. When you get to the menu, press 0

When I called, I used the Escalations number and the person was very helpful. My recommendation is to avoid the standard DR customer service reps as much as possible; go straight to the escalations or higher if you can.

Also, I noticed on Matty's forum someone from EU has posted about the map being full shipping price, so the awareness has started.
    So did that help at all though? Like a possible refund or something?