Page 120 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3938

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I'm so tired of his responses about shipping. He won't say anything or answer questions and says he has no power over shipping...unless there's a customer revolt, like what happened last week. Then he can and will, b/c he chooses what he wants to answer and have power over.
    lol @ 'I'd direct you to the shipping forum', yeah we already know about it Scott, and they deleted the thread. Thanks for nothing, as usual.

Heroic Warrior
    To be honest, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. They figure if they deleted it, we'll probably just shut up. Next, we'll start getting banned, first by ID and then by IP, but I'm not going to shut up about it. I'm not going to troll the boards and swear and make us look like idiots, but I will continue posting clean topical threads and posts supporting change in the current international shipping situation.

I find it funny as to what Scott considers brand questions. He is the brand manager, so when the sub sales drop again, alot due to shipping charges, doesn't that effect the brand that he manages? I know in my company, you go to whomever is under you on the hierarchy if there is an issue. Pretty sure if someone complained and my manger just said sorry not my problem he would be disciplined.

MOTUC is the brand, TG is the brand manager. Are not all questions associated with the brand his concern? When international fans complain about shipping he's pretty quick to point out how much shipping is from Japan for their toys, but doesn't even consider it for his brand? "The picture is worth 1000 words" thread should have made him question something, instead it's just brushed off as not my problem. It just makes no sense to me.

J

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeMan View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. They figure if they deleted it, we'll probably just shut up. Next, we'll start getting banned, first by ID and then by IP, but I'm not going to shut up about it. I'm not going to troll the boards and swear and make us look like idiots, but I will continue posting clean topical threads and posts supporting change in the current international shipping situation.
    That's the best thing we can do. I love the line as much as the next person but with shipping and customs charges the prices are just getting to be to much.

Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    That's the best thing we can do. I love the line as much as the next person but with shipping and customs charges the prices are just getting to be to much.
    yep. Its with a heavy heart that I admit I'm probably done. I will cherry pick from comic shops or private users. I still want that Mantenna and Shokti and Snakeface for sure. There will likely be other figures that I desire but it will have to be a matty free experience.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Looks like our entire 10 page thred over at the Matty forums has been removed. Why am I not surprised.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

The leader is good the leader is great we surrender our will as of this date.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hey guys,

For those who got their feb sub via dhl, even when you choose international shipping, do you still pay the brokerage fee, or just the tax??

I can't comment yet but I can tell you when my accidental extra Watchmen sub arrived it had a $14 customs charge on it even though it was only valued at $25. Keep in mind that his was using DHL not International Post, though.

If Strobo arrives via International Post and has the same hefty charge, I will likely cancel unless they go back to non-DHL.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Hey guys,

For those who got their feb sub via dhl, even when you choose international shipping, do you still pay the brokerage fee, or just the tax??
    On my Feb sub, I had International post but it was handled by DHL, I had a $14 charge, I believe it was a $8 handling fee and $7 in taxes. My March sub should be here soon and we'll see what joys come with that. I already got hit with a $22 fee for my EA purchases of Strobo's and clamshells.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    On my Feb sub, I had International post but it was handled by DHL, I had a $14 charge, I believe it was a $8 handling fee and $7 in taxes. My March sub should be here soon and we'll see what joys come with that. I already got hit with a $22 fee for my EA purchases of Strobo's and clamshells.
    My Feb sub also shipped IP and handled by DHL. DHL charged 2.80 for "Duty" then Canada post charged me 7.25 for a COD because they covered the 2.80 charge.
    I emailed DR about it and I'm still waiting for a reply

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by affleck13 View Post
    My Feb sub also shipped IP and handled by DHL. DHL charged 2.80 for "Duty" then Canada post charged me 7.25 for a COD because they covered the 2.80 charge.
    GL with that luck, hope it works out for you. This toy line is handled so poorly, especially with regards to shipping. We have a brand manager who says "we have little control over shipping", even though Mattel are the ones who chose the company who ships their products. How things changed so drastically in one year is beyond me, I know shipping rates have gone up, but not this much.

hi, forgive my ignorance, but what's the $2.80 supposed to be? tax? If so why is there a $7.25 charge from canada post??

Court Magician
    hi, forgive my ignorance, but what's the $2.80 supposed to be? tax? If so why is there a $7.25 charge from canada post??
    The 2.80 is a "so called" Duty fee because DHL was a middle man for International Post and Canada Post.
    DHL dropped my feb sub off at my local post office,charged them the 2.80 duty then the post office charged me 7.25 + 2.80 because they had to pay DHL the duty.
    Am I making any sense ? lol

Heroic Warrior
    I think it was my fault. I posted in the thread that I was in contact with the guy who was running the Bleeding Cool website about the possibility of running a story on the shipping charges Matty has been charging. Basically I wanted to ask you guys about to show link, jpegs, conversations, etc that's ben going on between us and Matty.....guess Matty didn't like what was happening. I still would want to collate information on this, if people can PM me about it. On the plus side, at least we know SOMEBODY is reading our post at Matty
    Yeah that's why I said that you should post that sort of thing on here and leave that thread clean. I said this before, one little thing is enough for them to delete it and sure enough it happened. I appreciate the effort but 1 step forward, 2 steps back in this case.
    Last edited by tHeMan; March 20, 2013 at 10:06pm.

Whatever, we can just reboot the thread if we so choose. Also, I always find it quite annoying when randoms pop in to offer no help or sympathy whatsoever, but it's probably better we ignore that nonsense, too.

If our single figures (Strobo, Snake Face, etc.) end up with customs and brokerage charges, I'll be starting a thread to change back to our standard Intl. Post option. If anyone feels like supporting or not supporting in that case, I'd be interested to hear either way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

So. . . scrolling through here I didn't see much talk about arrivals. Has anyone in Canada (Int. Post) actually gotten their Ram Man/Fang Man sub shipment yet? I'm -still- waiting for mine to arrive and getting very, very ****** off.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    So. . . scrolling through here I didn't see much talk about arrivals. Has anyone in Canada (Int. Post) actually gotten their Ram Man/Fang Man sub shipment yet? I'm -still- waiting for mine to arrive and getting very, very ****** off.
    I posted that I got my feb sub a couple weeks ago now few pages back I think.
    I'm in the maritimes so I feel like I'm always the last. It'll probably be a couple more weeks before I see march's figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine weeks ago now and I chose the crappiest shipping method.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeMan View Post
    Got mine weeks ago now and I chose the crappiest shipping method.
    same with me

- - - Updated - - -

YOu should be contacting DR by now, your order should of been here weeks ago.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Whatever, we can just reboot the thread if we so choose. Also, I always find it quite annoying when randoms pop in to offer no help or sympathy whatsoever, but it's probably better we ignore that nonsense, too.

If our single figures (Strobo, Snake Face, etc.) end up with customs and brokerage charges, I'll be starting a thread to change back to our standard Intl. Post option. If anyone feels like supporting or not supporting in that case, I'd be interested to hear either way.
    Yes we can, but that's still a big blow. Close to 10 pages of complaints, valid points and proof, all gone. They were just waiting for one of us to take it too far and by too far, I don't mean genuinely too far, just something they could pass off as too far.

The 2.80 is a "so called" Duty fee because DHL was a middle man for International Post and Canada Post.
    DHL dropped my feb sub off at my local post office,charged them the 2.80 duty then the post office charged me 7.25 + 2.80 because they had to pay DHL the duty.
    Am I making any sense ? lol
    hmmm, sort of makes sense. so is the $7.25 canadapost charge you for tax?? But yeah, I think you should ask for the $2.80 back....I mean we didnt sign up for DHL right?

Ram man and Jitsu yes, Fangman and king he-man not yet. Rammy and fangman shouldn't have shipped together.

Fear is faith in failure

So how many of you guys have or will cancel? I think this situation is gross incompetence at best and fraud at worst. I don't see anything morally wrong with canceling at this point
    On Twitter @DualHares

Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    So how many of you guys have or will cancel? I think this situation is gross incompetence at best and fraud at worst. I don't see anything morally wrong with canceling at this point
    I cancelled. I felt terrible doing it. I never break contracts. I try to be the most honest person I can be in this world but when I signed up for the 2013 Sub these added shipping/customs/other fees were not part of my overall budgeting. I could not financially justify being a sub holder any more. The annoyingly amusing thing is this is the first year I've ever been a 'cherry picker'. I've subbed from the beginning. And here I am, 2013, a cherry picker but Mattel is making it increasingly difficult to buy anything on Day Of Sale. Who knows, after a while I may have to get out of the line entirely. That will be a sad day since I've been a fan and collector of the toys since the 80s.