Page 122 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4040

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Doesn't mattel already have an F on BBB? Seem to recall this coming up before

J

Yup. The BBB is pretty useless. It's very clearly a Digital River issue, but the unfortunate part is it all falls on deaf ears with them. So, we then turn to ToyGuru because he's basically the face of the line, but again our concerns fall on deaf ears.

Glad to see Val chime in here, though. Appreciate the support.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Doesn't mattel already have an F on BBB? Seem to recall this coming up before

J
    I thought they did also, but I just looked and: Mattel has no rating, Digital River has an A+ rating, and Matty Collector/ Digital River has no rating.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Ps: that international sub question on the Matty forum was thankfully and justifiably deleted.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Ps: that international sub question on the Matty forum was thankfully and justifiably deleted.
    Great, reading that had me fuming. At least all he succeeded in doing was ******* off a few of us and making Matty look like evil divas with fanboy worshippers.

BleedingCool ran the article about it!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/22/shipping/

Very cool.
    Awesome exposé.
    I think that article is kind of worthy of it's own thread. It would give more attention to this.

I tried to register on their forum to comment, but I never got the validation email. But since I was quoted at the beginning of the article, I want to clarify something. Their use of online posts in the article is awesome, but I want to make it clear that the Matty representative quoted there investigated the situation after I posted the screencap of marndt's's tracking number. He contacted me, and was honestly told that our packages weren't going to Sweden.
    Unfortunately the solution to that problem was the DHL brokerage fees . Which the article doesn't mention--maybe the author didn't know b/c the thread about it on matty was deleted.

I worked for a rebate center about 10 years ago and they always told us to pass a call up to a supervisor when someone threatened with a BBB complaint. Too bad it appears they don't do much.

Has anybody gotten their march figures yet with cheap shipping? I'm really hoping the DHL thing does not persist. Can't afford 50 dollar figures....
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

no, the article was actually something I sent to bleeding cool after the matty thread was deleted (my fault). I basically screen grab all the relavant article from the last 20 or so pages from this thread, plus some of the ASK MATTY question that Toyguru answered and piece together the story. ANYBODY can contribute to the article, just contact Rich Johnston using the CONTACT link on the website. If I had gotten something wrong in the article, you can always correct it by contacting Rich.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    no, the article was actually something I sent to bleeding cool after the matty thread was deleted (my fault). I basically screen grab all the relavant article from the last 20 or so pages from this thread, plus some of the ASK MATTY question that Toyguru answered and piece together the story. ANYBODY can contribute to the article, just contact Rich Johnston using the CONTACT link on the website. If I had gotten something wrong in the article, you can always correct it by contacting Rich.
    Good job.

BleedingCool ran the article about it!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/22/shipping/

Very cool.
    Everyone with twitter should retweet it with @MattyCollector added at the end.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Has anybody gotten their march figures yet with cheap shipping? I'm really hoping the DHL thing does not persist. Can't afford 50 dollar figures....
    We have at least another week before they and Strobo could start arriving. I am very curious to see what happens to an individual figure (Strobo) with DHL GLOBAL Mail...we know what happens with 2 (RAM / Jitsu)
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Widget
    Has anyone received their overcharge/shipping refund yet?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I Re-Tweeted the articles. Still nothing in terms of slow shipping or refund on my part.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa1980 View Post
    Nope. Not me.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

master of hiphop
    great article...

i saw it had a few of my posts.. it's great too see we don't just roll over!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa1980 View Post
    I called DR on Friday, March 22 about it and later on Saturday the 23 I received an email saying that "Your refund on order 'number' is now complete". It was a total of a whopping $8.45. Also, while I had them on the phone, I demanded that my sub be cancelled. I claimed (and believe) that my sub purchase was a case of fraud due to the "bait and switch" shipping method that they are now using and it is not what I agreed to in the TOS when I purchased it in July. Since it was no longer being sent via international post that I selected and now it is in fact sent via DHL. Well, of course if you wanted to cancel your sub you could just change your expiration date or request a new card, but I felt up to the challenge and decided to argue with them about it. Checking my account this morning I see that when I log into my sub page the sub is no longer there. Seems to have worked. I am surprised they did not cancel my Castle G order while they were at it, but maybe that will come later. Seriously, this line has too much drama to enjoy anymore. I have all the core characters and feel no need to be taken advantage of with the shipping extortion that is occurring. Surprisingly, when I asked the rep if they knew where Canada was, they did know, I inquired then why we have to pay the same shipping as someone overseas? Of course no answer. Further, last night after inspecting my figures for damages I noticed a huge crack straight across the bottom of Procrustus' foot. It was not there when I originally opened him and it has only been on my shelf since January. Megator's feet are fine so far. Listen Canadians, you have to take a stand, we may be small in numbers but you have to stand up for yourself and show some solidarity on this matter of shipping extortion and bait and switch tactics that are costing you more than you agreed to when you bought your sub.
    Hope everyone receives their due refund soon! Happy collecting!

I don't understand we need to waste our time and call DR just to get our $8.45 refund. Shouldn't they already start refunding everybody???

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    I don't understand we need to waste our time and call DR just to get our $8.45 refund. Shouldn't they already start refunding everybody???
    Of course they should, that would be the "right" thing to do. However, we are talking about DR and you and I know that they could care less. I still have not received any update on the original overcharge for shipping on the Castle Grayskull and from what I have read they don't just go in and fix it, they cancel it and then charge you the new 2013 shipping. Is this true? I am not sure I want to head down that road with them. I would say that if anyone has not received their email this week regarding the refund for shipping on March's order to call them and complain.

March package just arrived. $12.50 custom/duty fee.

Really?? Frig sakes, man.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    How many figs? 1 or 2 or more?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    wow.. this line is getting much too expensive to continue on.. i think 2013 will be my last run it was fun while it lasted.. but man.. 25 for a fig, 13.75 for shipping plus 10 customs = 48.75 not including the conversion rates from US to Canadian.. so you're looking at 50.00 a fig.. and thats for a standard figure..

last year is was 28.75 + conversion = 30.00 an extra 20 bucks per FIG! Forget that noise.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by tuque74 View Post
    Of course they should, that would be the "right" thing to do. However, we are talking about DR and you and I know that they could care less. I still have not received any update on the original overcharge for shipping on the Castle Grayskull and from what I have read they don't just go in and fix it, they cancel it and then charge you the new 2013 shipping. Is this true? I am not sure I want to head down that road with them. I would say that if anyone has not received their email this week regarding the refund for shipping on March's order to call them and complain.
    I pm a guy at the matty forum who preorder castle grayskull on the first day. He said that he was contacted by CS and that they are aware of the overchange of the shipping and will fix this once grayskull ships. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

$50 for a figure is pretty much like paying for a japanese figure! I really would want to see how MOTU will be performing in the secondary market. In the Toronto Comicon I saw some seller with figures such as Ram man for $60 and Jitsu for $45....it might actually be cheaper to get these figures from them than Mattel.
    Last edited by erik352; March 26, 2013 at 10:33am.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    How many figs? 1 or 2 or more?
    $5.xx tax and duty on Fang Man / King he-man / Elongated Man. $7.25 DHL free. COD on cheque! the postman was surprised seeing that and said "don't think you would have cheque with you in the office, rite? i think cash would be fine"
    Last edited by sgreg; March 26, 2013 at 12:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by tuque74 View Post
    I called DR on Friday, March 22 about it and later on Saturday the 23 I received an email saying that "Your refund on order 'number' is now complete". It was a total of a whopping $8.45. Also, while I had them on the phone, I demanded that my sub be cancelled. I claimed (and believe) that my sub purchase was a case of fraud due to the "bait and switch" shipping method that they are now using and it is not what I agreed to in the TOS when I purchased it in July. Since it was no longer being sent via international post that I selected and now it is in fact sent via DHL. Well, of course if you wanted to cancel your sub you could just change your expiration date or request a new card, but I felt up to the challenge and decided to argue with them about it. Checking my account this morning I see that when I log into my sub page the sub is no longer there. Seems to have worked. I am surprised they did not cancel my Castle G order while they were at it, but maybe that will come later. Seriously, this line has too much drama to enjoy anymore. I have all the core characters and feel no need to be taken advantage of with the shipping extortion that is occurring. Surprisingly, when I asked the rep if they knew where Canada was, they did know, I inquired then why we have to pay the same shipping as someone overseas? Of course no answer. Further, last night after inspecting my figures for damages I noticed a huge crack straight across the bottom of Procrustus' foot. It was not there when I originally opened him and it has only been on my shelf since January. Megator's feet are fine so far. Listen Canadians, you have to take a stand, we may be small in numbers but you have to stand up for yourself and show some solidarity on this matter of shipping extortion and bait and switch tactics that are costing you more than you agreed to when you bought your sub.
    Hope everyone receives their due refund soon! Happy collecting!
    We may be small in numbers, but a line dependent on subs that has more and more dwindling sub numbers due to management of the brand (including shipping choices) EVERY sub counts. so it's going to speak LOUD when the pleading for 2014 comes in from Ol Scott and only crickets respond.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure