Page 128 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3989

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I think I am giving up trying to understand the mail system...I know I get way too many things through the mail, but with the US new First Class mail...more expensive by several dollars...I have had people in the last few weeks send 'First Class' packages that have changed into both regular mail and Expresspost in the CP system...(2 days from Vancouver to Ottawa), averaging 5 to 6 days delivery (including weekends) from Texas / Miami / Indianna....and the first class now has tracking for every package???? But Snakeface is over 2 weeks so far...and the shipping was double the cost. Matty is getting screwed by DR for shipping...I am really starting to think that Matty Collector is stuck with a lemon shipping 'deal' from DR.

Thankfully several hundreds in content, many over $40 and there was customs on only one package - a $62 package????

No Snakeface yet today...all the mail isn't all here yet - superbox stuff is delivered but the door stuff has not been dropped off yet...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    Sankeface, Larfleeze, and Mallah.

Paid $12.55

DHL brokerage is $7.95, so the duty is $4.6.
    that's 5% GST on the total invoice amount (figures + shipping).
    good thing BC switched back to PST, otherwise have to pay 12% tax on the package.
    okay, I just got my package today...but mine came from Sweden.

I got the exact figures you but for some reason, the VALUE on the box was declared as $115, so I got taxed with $25.04!

Is there a way I could get a refund for this??

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post

I got the exact figures you but for some reason, the VALUE on the box was declared as $115, so I got taxed with $25.04!

this is my calculation....

9.95 brokerage fee for Canada post.
    13% HST in Ontario on $115US should be around $15.09.

i really doubt you will get a refund cuz they declared the invoice total is $115. they probably included the price for the sub figure for the DC sub, which is $30.
    Last edited by sgreg; April 29, 2013 at 03:30pm.

Widget

Yes, provided you haven't thrown away the cardboard box with the customs form stuck to it. You basically have to take that form off of the box, fill out the back and mail it and the Matty receipt to the appropriate address listed on the back. They should provide you with a partial refund, at the very least.

Thanks! Manage to tape the form back together

My tax came out to $15.09, and handling fee is $9.95.

I use the online calculator and my tax is only suppose to be $ $5.68, since the value of the item is only $43 ( Snakeface $25, Larfleeze $18, Mallah $0)

So there is no chance to get refund on the handling fee i supposed???
    Last edited by erik352; April 29, 2013 at 04:14pm.

Widget
    It used to be that if they should not have charged you any duty in the first place, you would be refunded the handling fee as well. As far as I know, that's still how it works.

I don't even know what our import limit is anymore. Does anyone know the exact dollar amount?

Thanks! Manage to tape the form back together

My tax came out to $15.09, and handling fee is $9.95.

I use the online calculator and my tax is only suppose to be $ $5.68, since the value of the item is only $43 ( Snakeface $25, Larfleeze $18, Mallah $0)

Did DR put in the form on the box that the value of the contents was $115 ???? When the actual invoice was for $43?

Since the sticker with the declaration was on the very edge of the box, most of the information on the side were rubbed off for some reason. You can't really make out any number, then someone brilliant decided to write the amount on the sticker at $115. It's really frustrating.

EDIT:

I check my other boxes from Sweden and all the declaration were written down, instead of it being printed. In short, digital river mess up with the $115 declaration. sigh! Bad enough this was an expensive month thanks to the Mallah figure (and my brain figure also has really bad paints)! Thanks a lot matty!
    Last edited by erik352; April 30, 2013 at 08:44am.

got my snake face from sweden no duty thankfully.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

WOOHOO direct from Sweeden!

Attachment 84434

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    WOOHOO direct from Sweeden!

Attachment 84434
    I'm jealous of your swedish chef/kitchen set
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Got Snake Face through Sweden yesterday with no fees.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm jealous of your swedish chef/kitchen set
    It is one of my favorite toys in my toy room...I am always playing with him, and moving stuff...

QUESTION:

Anyone in Canada doing the comic sub? Anybody get theirs yet? I see some Americans have started to get them late last week?
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; May 2, 2013 at 12:13am.

i got my snake face today, no fees. very pleased with him, i love that they paked him with the snake head on and not the regular one.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

I got Snake face yesterday from Sweden. No fees owing.

master of hiphop
    got snake face.. YEAH!!!!!! Sweden... no fees.. but i gather this month will not be so forgiving
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Man, still waiting on my Snake Face. Guess it'll be next week now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Hey guys - just a heads up if any of you are thinking about changing your shipping address to a US address, make sure you phone in and do it. I thought I was good to go just changing it under the "My Subscriptions" section of Matty. I even got my order and shipping confirmations. But it turns out that the shipping method is still set to International Post and it doesn't recognize International Post shipping to a US address. So it never got sent. I got a new order confirmation for Snake Face today so hopefully all is fixed.

I think I'm letting my sub die this month. I don't want to spend over $100 for 4 figures I care little about. I have a feeling the FFM will be avail for cheap on ebay, Karatti is ok but I don't care much for NA, if I want them I will go for after market sales. same with any future figures.

I feel so guilty about this though! like I am betrayng the horsemen and MOTU. but things are tight I can't afford to pay so much right now esp for figures I don't care about. gotta do what I gotta though.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 8, 2013 at 02:35pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I think I'm letting my sub die this month. I don't want to spend over $100 for 4 figures I care little about. I have a feeling the FFM will be avail for cheap on ebay, Karatti is ok but I don't care much for NA, if I want them I will go for after market sales. same with any future figures.

I feel so guilty about this though! like I am betrayng the horsemen and MOTU. but things are tight I can't afford to pay so much right now esp for figures I don't care about. gotta do what I gotta though.
    I know that guilt. I felt guilty months ago when I let my sub die. The guilt subsides ... eventually.

I really miss the figures but my bank account is a lot happier!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTKenniverse View Post
    I know that guilt. I felt guilty months ago when I let my sub die. The guilt subsides ... eventually.

I really miss the figures but my bank account is a lot happier!
    Thanks man, I needed the reassurance!!
    I KIND of want the figures this month but not really, I don't know, maybe I'm done collecting at least finished like i used to. I started collecting toys again with the Hasbro new batman adventures line (after Timm redesigned the characters) and I haven't looked back since. it's mostly been lines i love but now and again it's figures that just look great. Fun but expensive hobby and it takes up a lot of space. I am a pretty good sculptor myself...maybe i will sculpt the things I want. Who knows where i go from here.

I have to get Clamp Champ Shokoti Batros and Mantenna though. but I can do it outside of Matty

Fear is faith in failure

The only thing that keeps me from canceling is the no doubt crazy after market prices for Mantenna, Shokoti, Icer, etc.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    QUESTION:

Anyone in Canada doing the comic sub? Anybody get theirs yet? I see some Americans have started to get them late last week?
    I'm still waiting for mine. Anyone get their comic in the mail yet? I forget, how long has it been since the comic was released?

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    The only thing that keeps me from canceling is the no doubt crazy after market prices for Mantenna, Shokoti, Icer, etc.
    yeah. well I'm through the looking glass, I got the 'something went wrong' email. I figure the money I save on figures that I don't want can go to the mark up on figures that I do want. I wonder though if this will effect my filmation sub. I don't know I feel bad still but I do think it's time to move on a bit. at least move away from the sub. I look at my collection and I love it, but figures like the star sisters and such, I don't CARE that I have them. I don't hate them but I would never have bought them independently and I do feel kind of stung by Scott's actions and the direction of the line.

Still love MOTUC, and seeing the pic of octavia makes me feel worse about letting the sub die. but I can't afford this month's figures and I don't really want them. Gotta make my stand somewhere I guess.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 10, 2013 at 08:03am.

Fear is faith in failure

oh crap! my may shipping would come out to $42.60, thats for karatti, fighting foe men and wally west! total bill comes out to $160! They $4 discount doesn't really help matters! Worst, I'll most likely get charge for tax as well!!!!!