Page 133 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 4033

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    That question was already answered. International Express is DHL.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/1811036728
    Well, it was partially answered by a MOD, it doesn't say if DHL is the international post option...which is something we need to know as well, so if Toyguru does clear up the international post question....otherwise if it is still DHL then that makes the choice of quarterly and express the very best option.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    My issue #3 MOTU comic arrived in the mail today. Any other Canadian(s) get theirs too?

Scott was nice enough as usual to answer the shipping question I put up.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4421023828

IT is DHL next year for both shipping choices...

I already picked my quarterly shipping for my sub and went Express to get em here safe and quick.

Well, that answers that issue I guess. What would be the point in picking the non-quarterly option then? Lol
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

CanadaClassics: I forgot to ask, when you've received Matty parcels using the DHL super-fast shipping (24 hrs. was it?), was the handling the now standard $10 on top of HST, or was there an extra brokerage, like UPS nails us with?

When I got my two DHL packages this year (which I never picked), it wasn't the ultra-fast shipping, but instead it was 2 week delivery with the same $10 handling + HST that I would have got from Canada Post.... only difference being guaranteed customs (DHL) versus random customs (CP).

I'm just curious if there's a difference in the at-the-door fees between the 2 week DHL & 24hr DHL services....... because I know if it was the 24hr UPS service, there'd be an extra percentage brokerage fee in addition to the $10 handling & HST.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    CanadaClassics: I forgot to ask, when you've received Matty parcels using the DHL super-fast shipping (24 hrs. was it?), was the handling the now standard $10 on top of HST, or was there an extra brokerage, like UPS nails us with?

When I got my two DHL packages this year (which I never picked), it wasn't the ultra-fast shipping, but instead it was 2 week delivery with the same $10 handling + HST that I would have got from Canada Post.... only difference being guaranteed customs (DHL) versus random customs (CP).

I'm just curious if there's a difference in the at-the-door fees between the 2 week DHL & 24hr DHL services....... because I know if it was the 24hr UPS service, there'd be an extra percentage brokerage fee in addition to the $10 handling & HST.

On one of the 24 hours it was the same fees, it was 13.82....10.00 processing DHL fee and 3.82 GST. But in MAY...they missed the fees all together - $0 charges! $124 and somehow they missed it on 24 hour delivery! I know that was a real fluke!

DHL is going to handle our shipments either with DHL global mail or DHL Express...the odds of customs on more than one figure are going to be high! So the less shippments to hit the better...and after waiting 2 months at a stretch, I am going to want those figures fast...not going to wait 3 weeks and pay more for delivery...just to pay the same customs / fees.

2014 will be much more economical than this has and will continue to be...
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; June 27, 2013 at 01:11pm.

i just checked the bills from DHL for the last 3 times i used them. they have different fees on top of the Duty/GST.

All have a brokerage fee for $10.

on top of that, one has another $4 collection fee, one has $10 processing fee, and another one has $5 "collection on delivery" fees.
    Last edited by sgreg; June 27, 2013 at 01:46pm.

sgreg: just to make sure I'm following, you're saying one had a $10 brokerage fee & a $4 collection fee ($14 + HST), another had a $10 brokerage fee & a $10 processing fee ($20 + HST), and the other had a $10 brokerage fee & a $5 collection on delivery fee ($15 + HST)?

CanadaClassics: Thanks, it's good to know that DHL's 24 hr service is nothing like UPS'. I was afraid there might be an extra at-the-door fee for DHL Express that DHL Global Mail does not have (not that I ever would have picked DHL global mail anyways).

If DHL Express 'hidden' fees were as expensive as UPS Express 'hidden' fees, I might have stuck with monthly international post and prayed my luck of avoiding customs charges all but once continues (more than 1 figure or not, odds of customs charges w/ international post are still relatively low, but w/ DHL on the other hand.....).
    But seeing you state that DHL Express fees are not like UPS' has me relieved I won't be robbed on my front porch like I have been in the past the few times I've received something from the States via UPS. Even sgreg's post about those extra costs don't bother me too much, considering it could only happen 4 times a year.

Basically I hate UPS international shipments (if you haven't guessed that already) and I want to make sure DHL behaves nothing like UPS, since I've never used DHL's 24 hr service before.

Hey guys, regarding using DHL express, I seem to recall some people who had to clear the shipment with customs personally? Is that still happening? With the potential savings, I'm really tempted to switch to quarterly DHL shipping as well.

sgreg: just to make sure I'm following, you're saying one had a $10 brokerage fee & a $4 collection fee ($14 + HST), another had a $10 brokerage fee & a $10 processing fee ($20 + HST), and the other had a $10 brokerage fee & a $5 collection on delivery fee ($15 + HST)?
    yes. but only GST in BC so only 5%. $14/$20/$15 + GST.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    i just checked the bills from DHL for the last 3 times i used them. they have different fees on top of the Duty/GST.

All have a brokerage fee for $10.

on top of that, one has another $4 collection fee, one has $10 processing fee, and another one has $5 "collection on delivery" fees.
    Um...that doesn't sound right...they should not be changing the fees that often...I would call them and ask...

CanadaClassics: Thanks, it's good to know that DHL's 24 hr service is nothing like UPS'. I was afraid there might be an extra at-the-door fee for DHL Express that DHL Global Mail does not have (not that I ever would have picked DHL global mail anyways).

If DHL Express 'hidden' fees were as expensive as UPS Express 'hidden' fees, I might have stuck with monthly international post and prayed my luck of avoiding customs charges all but once continues (more than 1 figure or not, odds of customs charges w/ international post are still relatively low, but w/ DHL on the other hand.....).
    But seeing you state that DHL Express fees are not like UPS' has me relieved I won't be robbed on my front porch like I have been in the past the few times I've received something from the States via UPS. Even sgreg's post about those extra costs don't bother me too much, considering it could only happen 4 times a year.

Basically I hate UPS international shipments (if you haven't guessed that already) and I want to make sure DHL behaves nothing like UPS, since I've never used DHL's 24 hr service before.
    Actually, I liked UPS...they are a strange beast when it comes to customs / brokerage...somehow Matty had the OLD UPS Standard which had brokerage inside it at $10.00 but now the "Canada Standard" option brokerage fee changes at different package values -

19.99 - no customs / duty / brokerage
    20.00 - 39.99 - 19 brokerage fee + duty + taxes
    40.00 - 199.99 (I think, don't quote me on the cut off...) - 29.99 brokerage fee + duty + taxes

BBTS still uses the old UPS brokerage - the last time I got from them it was the flat rate.

I am impressed with the DHL 24...so far...and with only 4 times a year delivery next year...it should be a pretty easy year, and I don't have to call Matty and have them say"we can't change your shipping method"...only have to do it one more time for the big October shipment...then back for NOV...

Marndt8448: Oh..and haven't got # 3 comic yet...did get HT MARK IV and IRON MONGER as well as Agent Coulson...so good week so far....hoping for Friday for comic...and all of them have been in fantastic condition despite the horrible packaging...very surprised!
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; June 28, 2013 at 02:43am.

So no more Mail on the Move??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hey guys!

I wanted to see how much shipping cost would be for Canada if I chose Quarterly, and here's the total I got?

Is this correct? Shouldn't the sign up fee be like $25 only for MOTUC?

I tried the monthly one, and total came out as $25, Don't know what this shows up when I choose quarterly shipping....

SUB Octavia arrived from Sweeden Today in Ottawa Canada

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Hey guys!

I wanted to see how much shipping cost would be for Canada if I chose Quarterly, and here's the total I got?
    http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...psdba8076c.jpg

Is this correct? Shouldn't the sign up fee be like $25 only for MOTUC?

I tried the monthly one, and total came out as $25, Don't know what this shows up when I choose quarterly shipping....
    It is...the other stuff won't charge until March 10th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    SUB Octavia arrived from Sweeden Today in Ottawa Canada

- - - Updated - - -

It is...the other stuff won't charge until March 10th 2014
    Hi, so I won't be paying the $293 at checkout? Its weird how they set up the quarterly sub page!

Well, I also just got Octavia and Red Hood, from Sweden as well. No tax! Really wish the make up their mind if they want to go DHL or Sweden for International!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Hi, so I won't be paying the $293 at checkout? Its weird how they set up the quarterly sub page!

Well, I also just got Octavia and Red Hood, from Sweden as well. No tax! Really wish the make up their mind if they want to go DHL or Sweden for International!
    I just thought I would share that I have e-mailed the Matty VIP about this many times since the 2013 subscription started. Personally I prefer Swedish Post for all shipments to avoid the taxes and brokerage charges and this is what I have advocated to Matty VIP for. This is what they told me on June 3rd:

We apologize; however, we are not provided with the specific criteria that is used to determine if an International Post shipment goes DHL or Swedish Post. We have confirmed with our warehouse that Mail on the Move determines which carrier will be used based on the weight/cost of the order given the concerns raised earlier about customs fees. The orders being sent via DHL Global Mail should only be ones where Canadian Customs should charge a customs or duty fee.

So they do know full well that DHL is going to be hit with charges (which I note again are not duty but rather taxes and brokerage charges).

Swedish Octavia arrived yesterday! I'm usually not a fan of female characters but man, this is one awesome figure. I was planning on sticking her at the back of my Horde shelf but she is totally being displayed at the front. Right ankle is loose tho.

Octavia Arrived today! London Ontario
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

My Octavia arrived today too. It was a great MOTUC day for me as other parcels arrived as well. Both Randors & Queen Marlena in one package & first release Evil-Lyn in the other.

Man, it was so nice to actually find some fellow .orgers willing to sell to a Canadian. It's been a real pain lately as there seems to be so many "U.S. only" sellers, especially here. Anyone else notice it as much as me? It's been so frustrating lately.... today made up for it though.

My Octavia arrived today too. It was a great MOTUC day for me as other parcels arrived as well. Both Randors & Queen Marlena in one package & first release Evil-Lyn in the other.

Man, it was so nice to actually find some fellow .orgers willing to sell to a Canadian. It's been a real pain lately as there seems to be so many "U.S. only" sellers, especially here. Anyone else notice it as much as me? It's been so frustrating lately.... today made up for it though.
    PO Box in the states helps ..... damn near everything i buy now goes to it.... the guys in the UPS store know my face and say hi to me by name. lol
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Warrior
    Jeez... got hammered with 38.25 shipping for 4 figures to Montreal this month. Anyone else find that a tad ridiculous?

Yes...that is why I don't bother going through the marketplace when looking for something, I post saying into Canada and let the sellers PM me. It is getting worse on Ebay too. Of course Ebay was nice enough to create the 'Global Shipping Program' which doubles the cost of shipping and purchases for international buyers. Sellers also don't realized they have to then ship the package to a 3rd party processing center instead of to the buyer...no problems there...right?

I got my subscription renewal e-mail today, but my icer isnt in the list. Do we get a separate e-mail for club filmation, do i have to order the first figure manually, or should I just wait? .... dont wanna miss a figure, and I want to straighten matty out before things get going....

any ideas?
    Religion = The Horde

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I got my subscription renewal e-mail today, but my icer isnt in the list. Do we get a separate e-mail for club filmation, do i have to order the first figure manually, or should I just wait? .... dont wanna miss a figure, and I want to straighten matty out before things get going....

any ideas?
    Subs won't be combined until August and you won't get a notice for the Filmation sub this month, only a shipping notification as its the first month and links to the original purchase.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Subs won't be combined until August and you won't get a notice for the Filmation sub this month, only a shipping notification as its the first month and links to the original purchase.
    thanks for that info, I got another e-mail yesterday about icer, even though he wasnt named directly, thanks for the reply and keeping me calm lol
    Religion = The Horde