Page 111 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4043

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTKenniverse View Post
    The idiotic thing about these insane shipping costs to Canada is it might be cheaper for me to drive my car to Blaine, WA (I live in Vancouver, about an hour from the US border), rent a post office box there, and have my sub delivered there instead so I can use the cheaper US shipping costs.
    If I get multiple figures, this is what I end up doing, except I get my figures shipped to Point Robert instead of Blaine. I pay a 3.50 charge for the service that receives the package, but it ends up being cheaper and faster than shipping it here. I've never been hit with customs charges bringing them back either.

I've also just posted to the matty forums to add one more voice to our cause, for all the good it will do. Sadly, I doubt anything will ever be done for our shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
    If I get multiple figures, this is what I end up doing, except I get my figures shipped to Point Robert instead of Blaine. I pay a 3.50 charge for the service that receives the package, but it ends up being cheaper and faster than shipping it here. I've never been hit with customs charges bringing them back either.

I've also just posted to the matty forums to add one more voice to our cause, for all the good it will do. Sadly, I doubt anything will ever be done for our shipping costs.
    Oh yes, Point Roberts! That border is probably even closer to me than Blaine. The fact that Point Roberts gets their packages faster, and is pretty much geographically in the same area as me, really shows something is not quite right here. I know we need to factor in the time customs may add to the packages but it shouldn't be as long as it is. It seems our speed (or lack thereof) issues arise from our packages taking a pleasure cruise to Sweden first before being rerouted to Canada.

I really don't want to go with this USA Post Office box route. I really want my packages on my Canadian doorstep. BUT, if these expensive costs continue, I really can't afford it. My options will either be A) go the USA postal box route, or B) quit the line entirely (which would be quite depressing).

master of hiphop
    Ok guys

i just posted here on the EU shipping thread and the UK shipping thread!!

and confirmed UK pays the same as us International shipping 13.75 for 1 fig..hahah so Canadian shipping my rear

- - - Updated - - -

ok so i broke!!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=4831004165&f=5681027317&m=5201070508&r=5201070508#5201070508

- - - Updated - - -

confirmed... EURO customers are also paying 13.75 for one basic fig international Post!!

NOW I"M MAD!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I can confirm they are definitely keeping an eye on that thread. Hoping a certain someone will chime in soon.
    I've you've got some info please share.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Well guess what... they deleted my bloody post!! Unbelievable!!

There was nothing rude or even remotely controversial in it. This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I've posted a follow up as a result...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/2281070508

Expecting this to get deleted too.

master of hiphop
    i'm wondering when the will delete mine

There was nothing rude or even remotely controversial in it. This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2281070508

Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2281070508

No, it's not unbelievable. It's exactly what they would do. This is why I've been trying to keep everyone calm. Can you imagine if you posted whatever it was in the main thread we already started crying for war and pitchforks? They'd delete it and say that it was because someone broke the rules. There's a method to my madness. We all need to be united, but be calm. If you post ANYTHING at all that they could even remotely translate as aggressive, disruptive, crazy ranting, rude, obscene, etc, they will delete it, not because they're sticklers for the rules, but because if you give the people you're trying to get to do the right thing a remote opportunity to use something against you, they will. I've learned this at a very young age that even if you are in the right, if you yell, kick and scream and look like a maniac, you'll be made out to be the villain.
    Last edited by tHeMan; February 15, 2013 at 05:08pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeMan View Post
    No, it's not unbelievable. It's exactly what they would do. This is why I've been trying to keep everyone calm. Can you imagine if you posted whatever it was in the main thread we already started crying for war and pitchforks? They'd delete it and say that it was because someone broke the rules. There's a method to my madness. We all need to be united, but be calm.
    Thing is, I was calm and respectful in my post, and they deleted it anyway. My new post is also respectful, but I call them out on deleting my previous post, so I'm sure they will delete it too. Which feeds into my point of disrespecting your customer. Disgusting.

What happened to "the customer is always right", and even when they aren't right, humoring them as though they are to retain their business?

Mattel could stand to learn a whole lot about common curtsey.

Bottom line for me is that if we don't get an answer and a solution to this, I am calling my Credit Card and telling them to refuse any future charges from DR. If they don't want to treat Canadian customers with respect, then I don't want to give them my money.

Court Magician
    Hey Vikor your post over at matty is "currently under moderation"
    Thats Some BS

Heroic Warrior
    Thing is, I was calm and respectful in my post, and they deleted it anyway. My new post is also respectful, but I call them out on deleting my previous post, so I'm sure they will delete it too. Which feeds into my point of disrespecting your customer. Disgusting.

What happened to "the customer is always right", and even when they aren't right, humoring them as though they are to retain their business?

Mattel could stand to learn a whole lot about common curtsey.

Bottom line for me is that if we don't get an answer and a solution to this, I am calling my Credit Card and telling them to refuse any future charges from DR. If they don't want to treat Canadian customers with respect, then I don't want to give them my money.
    Oh that's the thing, I believe you. I'm absolutely positive that your post probably had positive intentions and you tried to dial it back but even the most minute thing will cause them to delete at this point. BTW, it's no longer under moderation, it's now "Edited by Sean". Haha. Man, this is getting me sore but we will push forward until we get solutions. The sad thing is, while we're not remotely in the wrong, we need to pussyfoot with our posts to keep our message out there. We're getting support, more Canadians are posting their complaints every day.

Heroic Warrior
    So they deleted it again, which means I've now asked a new question...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2841090508

Fully expecting this to be deleted yet again, I reproduce it here for posterity...

A number of posts relating to Canadian shipping questions have been deleted from this forum. Why? Treating shipping questions as somehow distinct and separate from brand and product question is ridiculous. The two are intimately interrelated.

What happened to "the customer is always right", and even when they aren't right, humoring them as though they are in an effort to retain their business?

The bottom line is that if we don't get an answer AND a solution to this problem, and if you don't want to treat Canadian customers with respect, then many of us will simply discontinue giving your company our money.

Looking forward to a resolution to this problem and hoping you have enough respect for your customers to not simply delete my post yet again, and instead take the time to pause and reflect on why this is such an important issue to many of us.

For many Canadians, our loyalty as cutomers hinges on this very issue. Thank you.
    Respectful? Yes. Legitimate? Yes. So what on earth is going on with these people?

So they deleted it again, which means I've now asked a new question...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2841090508

Fully expecting this to be deleted yet again, I reproduce it here for posterity...

Respectful? Yes. Legitimate? Yes. So what on earth is going on with these people?
    I would actually laugh at this if it weren't so damn frustrating. A simple answer along the lines of, "we're currently looking into it and promise to get back to you shortly" would keep us happy for a little while. That's all it takes to keep customers (at least temporarily) happy. Acknowledge and answer us; deleting the posts will only fuel our collective fire.

Heroic Warrior
    I would actually laugh at this if it weren't so damn frustrating. A simple answer along the lines of, "we're currently looking into it and promise to get back to you shortly" would keep us happy for a little while. That's all it takes to keep customers (at least temporarily) happy. Acknowledge and answer us; deleting the posts will only fuel our collective fire.
    Exactly.

Heroic Warrior
    *shrug* Who knows. Maybe they're genuinely looking into it right now. Balthus said they've been looking at the thread.

Heroic Warrior
    I had my sub shipped out yesterday and the shipping was $21 for the 2 figures, when I went to order the same two today the shipping went up to $29 for the two. Is that normal? I haven't ordered on the day of the sale in a long time, I was pretty ****** off and canceled the order ( I really should of kept the extra ram man but hopefully someone got him who needed it). I am really annoyed at how much shipping went up, they really should of been honest with us.

I can't get too too specific but someone from Digital River that wasn't just a peon called me the other day in relation to the thread and issue at hand (also to talk about my own sub issues I was having). He was very knowledgable and willing to talk about the issues.

However, he informed me that the shipping rates were different from DR between EU and Canada, which we now know is incorrect. There is, in fact, a "blanket" international charge, which is what I hope to change most.

I encouraged this person to respond on the Matty forums and they said they would continue to look into solutions, so I'm hoping this person follows through on that regard.

Also, AGE: I noticed your post on the Ask Matty forum seems to have been deleted as well. Nice.
    Last edited by Balthus Dire; February 15, 2013 at 06:35pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, I have Matty Collector's VIP email (this is the "escalation department", which skips the initial email responders and goes straight to the higher ups) and I sent them the following note...

Dear Matty VIP,

Along with a growing number of Canadian customers, I am concerned by the extremely high cost of shipping to Canada. Many of us have been asking questions of other international fans and what we have discovered is that shipping prices to Canada are the same as shipping prices to Europe, Australia and Asia. A quick geography lesson shows that Canada is right next door to the United States, while the other locations are separated from the US by an ocean. It doesn't take powerful deduction powers to realize that Canadian fans are being bilked with respect to shipping charges because there is simply no way that it costs the same to ship to Canada as it does to ship to overseas locations.

Canadian customers are collectively looking for a solution to this problem (i.e., reduced shipping rates to Canada that are more in line with actual costs incurred). For many Canadians this has become a make or break issue, and if you would like to see our continued loyalty as consumers of the MOTUC brand, I would suggest that you take immediate action to rectify this situation. Any information that you can provide me with as to how this problem is currently being handled and how Digital River and Mattel will ultimately resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Hope we get some action now!

Heroic Warrior
    Hope so. And don't bother posting this anywhere else or expecting support from our American friends. Some of them seem quite content throwing us under the bus since they're not the ones suffering. This is what I know. I buy plenty from the US where the shipping rates are reasonable. Some of the items are even MOTUC. I had a bunch of MOTUC, boxed, shipped for around sixteen bucks. This was recent. It was the ACTUAL shipping cost. Also just checked USPS, don't know where some of Matty's White Knight defenders are getting their "That sounds about right" rates from, but it seems that USPS will ship almost ANYTHING up to thirty six inches long boxes for around sixteen bucks untrackable. I'm not going to debate it with anyone else because my beef is with Matty, not other collectors. Also, these are Joe Blow run of the mill rates. I'm sure with the volume Matty does (especially since apparently getting a business account has no minimums and gives shipping discounts at USPS, read their policies) they can afford to give us better rates.

I also checked out of that other thread. The fact is: Matty is the only website I buy from where the shipping rates are so insane and nonsensical. If people want to believe that every other Internet retailer is just eating shipping costs, all the power to them.

I, myself, do not.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I also checked out of that other thread. The fact is: Matty is the only website I buy from where the shipping rates are so insane and nonsensical. If people want to believe that every other Internet retailer is just eating shipping costs, all the power to them.

I, myself, do not.
    Yep, I second this.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I know. Most of my collection has been acquired via the secondary market as I only started collecting in late 2011. I ordered a lot of things in bulk (i.e. 2 or 3 figures at a time) and shipping was nowhere near this expensive. One time I even ordered a lot of 14 figures, and they shipped to me for about $70 if I remember correctly. So paying $21 for two figures is just totally beyond reasonable.

Heroic Warrior
    Still nothing...

my stuff shipped on the 12th ..... I WANT IT HERE NOW. lol .... ramman looks so awesome.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Call me naive, but I've usually gone with the assumption that a figure in a big box like that would obviously cost 10 bucks (give or take) to ship to Cananda...

Apparently, though, I'm misinformed.

I'm going to follow this thread. The worst part about CS going online is the way companies can now just delete you from their forums or paste the same repetitious responses over and over. Can't get away with that on the phone.

There just isn't any accountability.

Heroic Warrior
    Response from Matty VIP concerning shipping to Canada..

I also show that you have raised concerns in a previous e-mail over the
    cost of shipping figures to Canada via International Post. We are aware
    that the price increases this year have brought much concern to our
    International customers and we are always striving to bring the cheapest
    shipping costs to our customers. If we are able to locate a better
    shipping method, and find a way to pass those savings on to you we will.
    We are pleased to note that traceable shipping costs to Canada have been
    greatly reduced over last year. I would recomend that you do price out
    that shipping method anytime you order multiple figures.
    In other words, they aren't going to do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and just so you know.. if you ordered CG with International Shipping to Canada you will be paying $186 in shipping. However, the DHL method is $58.

I thought Canadian fans should be aware of this. Email Matty and they will change your shipping method for you. DHL ensures getting hit with customs fees, but I doubt they will total $128 (which is the difference) and even if they do, well at least you get your castle in a few days rather than a few months.