Page 114 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3962

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeMan View Post
    I can confirm that this also happened to me here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I was charged a "CoD" of $12 which had to be paid in CASH or CHEQUE because it was a CoD, not a duty fee, however a Canada Post delivery person had dropped it off. That on TOP of the raise in shipping, also paying $8.00 for a bleeding map in March? I was right. I KNEW it. I said that they were charging us a FLAT RATE based on UNITS of items. A FLAT handling fee, PER FIGURE or little pack of figure stands or map or stick of gum, they will tack on some sort of messed up charge. I KNEW I wasn't crazy. I'd love for some of our American buddies to explain that one to me. The ones who defended to the end that we were not getting ripped off by Matty and how their rates were FAIR USPS rates.

Ok, my hobby officially ends this month. Not even going to wait for them to ding me for March if they haven't already. This is inexcusable. No responses from Matty, people from America who collect this line and I was friendly with who I didn't even discuss this with telling me that I need to suck it up and pay after randomly perusing my posts and that I'm just being silly, no, sorry. This is ridiculous. This is the last straw. My buddy is already cancelling his credit card and he has 8 subs going, some of my friends bought 10. Maybe if they see all the declined transaction instances from Canada, they'll finally realize that what they're doing is actually WRONG. I've had it. I was so calm and collected and willing to hear them out and wait for them to make things right but you can only get kicked around so much.
    I'll probably end up keeping my Sub for the rest of this year but next year will be a no go for me if things don't change, I can't afford to pay these prices for a hobby when I have so many other things to pay for. There is no way they can justify these shipping and handling charges. I'm very disappointed at the way this year has started off already with these crazy charges!

Why is it that only my MOTU figures take so long to arrive. I do a great deal of online shopping and never experience such long waits as I do with my Matty orders...is there someting I'm missing?

Ok, my hobby officially ends this month. Not even going to wait for them to ding me for March if they haven't already.
    Completely understandable the you want to cancel, but I would wait until you get your March figures, as they are both sub exclusives and will be worth a lot of money. You've already paid for King He-Man so you might as well wait to get him first.

Charging flat rate per item is absurd and unethical. It's pretty sad that we're into March now, with no change on Canadian shipping prices. I bet we won't hear anything about this until TG is trying to sell subs with hollow promises.

If I get charged DHL prices on anything that shipped International, I'm going to lose my ****.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Looks like Canada Post left a door knocker to pick up my Ram Man & Jitsu. Which is odd because i have been home all morning.

$14.45 charge pending, I guess that's for customs. Haven't got hit with that in a while, even on my box of 2 Grannamyrs.

Good lord you guys almost paid the same amount I did and I used DHL and got mine the day after it shipped.

March will be interesting.

I have the feeling that they are trying to push everyone to switch to DHL. They have been very keen on being proud of the fact that they lowered their trackable rates. I don't doubt that they probably lost money from people claiming lost packages, etc. from overseas (there were tons of reports about this) so to cover their own asses they want to really push DHL.

I imagine that's a big part of why they don't seem to care about getting the standard shipping cost down.

Just got mine. Got charged $14.48. DHL stickers and such on it.
    Now, mine shipped out exactly two weeks ago, and that is an acceptable wait time. But to pay the inflated shipping cost, and then have that DHL charge on top of it? lol. Sorry, but that's not acceptable.

I have intenational Post and DHL post handled my as well...cash or cheque only...that is a pain...postal agent had to take it to the post office for me to go get it later...I called matty and changed to DHL for next month...it will be cheaper with the map...I will change back after the march items are sent...April is only Snake Face.

I had to go to the local post office and they got a money order to pay DHL Global Mail...Anybody know wuy DHL Global Mail is handling our post mail? What happened to USPS and Canada Post?

This doesn't look like it came from Sweeden!
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; March 1, 2013 at 03:15pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Did you guys contact Matty/DR as to why it happened? Might be a good idea.

Well, I decided to ask myself. They are aware of the issue and are looking into the cause and possible solutions. I guess when they figure it out they'll let all of us know.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Well, I decided to ask myself. They are aware of the issue and are looking into the cause and possible solutions. I guess when they figure it out they'll let all of us know.

Yeah right. We should all be getting refunds then... maybe when pigs fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I called matty and changed to DHL for next month...it will be cheaper with the map...
    What is the price difference? I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

I'm tempted to start driving the 5 hour drive to Niagara Falls, NY and have my figures shipped there.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know if Strobo will be added to our shipment or shipped separately?

Separately. Anything ordered outside the sub is always separate IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Yeah right. We should all be getting refunds then... maybe when pigs fly.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the price difference? I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
    It should be only about $2 cheaper...2 weeks faster...and either way will have DHL duty and customs...so that is a wash.

Strobo is going to be separate shipping...

I called Matty about this DHL Global Mail...and someone from Escalations will get back to me on MONDAY. I will post what I find out.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Separately. Anything ordered outside the sub is always separate IIRC.
    Ridiculous.

So seriously though, they are charging us a full figure shipping on the stupid map? Come on!

- - - Updated - - -

It should be only about $2 cheaper...2 weeks faster...and either way will have DHL duty and customs...so that is a wash.
    I guess I'll wait and see if I get hit for Jitsu and Ram Man.

This whole situation seems like a shakedown.

I can confirm that this also happened to me here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I was charged a "CoD" of $12 which had to be paid in CASH or CHEQUE because it was a CoD, not a duty fee, however a Canada Post delivery person had dropped it off. That on TOP of the raise in shipping, also paying $8.00 for a bleeding map in March? I was right. I KNEW it. I said that they were charging us a FLAT RATE based on UNITS of items. A FLAT handling fee, PER FIGURE or little pack of figure stands or map or stick of gum, they will tack on some sort of messed up charge. I KNEW I wasn't crazy. I'd love for some of our American buddies to explain that one to me. The ones who defended to the end that we were not getting ripped off by Matty and how their rates were FAIR USPS rates.

Ok, my hobby officially ends this month. Not even going to wait for them to ding me for March if they haven't already. This is inexcusable. No responses from Matty, people from America who collect this line and I was friendly with who I didn't even discuss this with telling me that I need to suck it up and pay after randomly perusing my posts and that I'm just being silly, no, sorry. This is ridiculous. This is the last straw. My buddy is already cancelling his credit card and he has 8 subs going, some of my friends bought 10. Maybe if they see all the declined transaction instances from Canada, they'll finally realize that what they're doing is actually WRONG. I've had it. I was so calm and collected and willing to hear them out and wait for them to make things right but you can only get kicked around so much.
    I've pretty much decided that, due to the extreme shipping costs, I won't be waiting until next year to stop collecting MOTUC. I have a 2013 Sub but enough is enough. It's getting too expensive. Things were fine when the figs were $20 and shipping was reasonable. Things were also fine when it was announced the figs would go up to $25. I just decided to budget for that. But, this whole inflated shipping issue is sadly the nail in my collecting coffin. I can't justify this any more. I'm not writing this as an empty threat to Mattel (I know they get a lot of those), I'm writing this express my deep sadness that I'll have to stop this line BECAUSE OF THE SHIPPING costs. I'm not sure when exactly; but in the near future I'll have to cancel my credit card and say good bye to MOTUC. Shipping has officially killed it for me.

It's been a wild ride. I've been with MOTU from the start; and I mean THE START back in the 80s. I've collected every series, every variation, every product with something or other about our Eternia friends for 30 years. But alas, it sadly has to come to an end...

It sounds to me like the DHL/Intl Post issue was a mistake, but we should have confirmation soon either way. They are definitely aware and are looking into what the deal is.

As for the map, I was told that the one map pushed the shipping to the next category because it's simply more weight. It was mentioned that 2 maps wouldn't necessarily bump it up by 2 categories. If anyone has 2 subs they could confirm whether or not that's true when the invoices hit.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my slip from the post office today for my sub, $14.48 charge . I hope they figure out this problem cause this is getting pretty depressing with all these added costs.

Widget
    This is the last thing I heard from matty's escalations:

Thank you for contacting Matty Collector.

The fees you are refering to are considered Brokerage fees and you will
    need to work with the shipper to resolve. We are unsure why they are
    charging you that extra amount. We do apologize however we are unable
    to assist with charges such as this.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this message. When
    replying, please be sure to include this and any other pertinent
    correspondence in your message.

I want to know why DHL was involved when I didn't choose DHL. That is a Digital River/Matty issue, not a shipper.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
    I want to know why DHL was involved when I didn't choose DHL. That is a Digital River/Matty issue, not a shipper.

Drewsky...
    This!!

I don't get why I'm being charged a brokerage fee when that isn't the service I selected.

From what I learned so far today - DHL has different shipping services...the Matty DHL is in lieu of UPS which is 2 to 3 days...and you WILL be brokered and charged taxes/duty...I think that they are using DHL as thier international post as well, they do offer that service and in Canada, it goes through Canada Post, but it is brokered by DHL before being given to Canada Post, which means there is brokerage and taxes / duty...but it is a slower service.

I think we "dodged" it Jan with Netossa or they may not have been ready to send DHL, or with one figure, it does not get processed.

Did anyone get charged by DHL Global Mail for Netossa?

The agent I spoke with today at Matty, kept saying that Jitsu / Ram Man were sent international post, not DHL...I think it is same shipper, different level of shipping, but brokerage / duty / taxes either way with any order of any size (2+ figures). The "good' news would be that it is cheaper and faster for 3 items or more, or for 2 items, 1 regular and one large.

Heroic Warrior
    From what I learned so far today - DHL has different shipping services...the Matty DHL is in lieu of UPS which is 2 to 3 days...and you WILL be brokered and charged taxes/duty...I think that they are using DHL as thier international post as well, they do offer that service and in Canada, it goes through Canada Post, but it is brokered by DHL before being given to Canada Post, which means there is brokerage and taxes / duty...but it is a slower service.

I think we "dodged" it Jan with Netossa or they may not have been ready to send DHL, or with one figure, it does not get processed.

Did anyone get charged by DHL Global Mail for Netossa?

The agent I spoke with today at Matty, kept saying that Jitsu / Ram Man were sent international post, not DHL...I think it is same shipper, different level of shipping, but brokerage / duty / taxes either way with any order of any size (2+ figures). The "good' news would be that it is cheaper and faster for 3 items or more, or for 2 items, 1 regular and one large.
    My only question to this would be, if DHL is Mattys new International post, then why did my sub come with those brokerage fees but my EA Kobra Khans that I bought 2 of had no extra charge and came before my sub that was shipped first? Something just seems very fishy here.

Heroic Warrior
    This is getting outrageous beyond belief. I've got a $2600 a month mortgage, a $500 a month car payment, and 3 kids to feed. I make decent money, but with all my expenses I can barely afford to collect this line.

With these kinds of "extra" fees I'm about ready to bail on the line too. I just can't take it anymore. I mean, we are now talking about what equates to about $50 per figure. That's bloody ridiculous.

Thanks Mattel for sticking it to Canadian fans and not giving a flying you know what about the consequences.