Page 117 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3986

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Nope. It is what it is, unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Court Magician
    30.15$ For shipping. I said it before I'm out after this month.
    My ramman and jitsu came with loads of packing paper in the box and it only cost 22.00$ Charging 8$ for a GD map is BS.
    FTS I'm Out

I feel like an idiot for buying a filmation sub. I would have never if I knew DHL was the only shipping option... Complete BS

Heroic Warrior
    Waited to get King He-man and Fangman for this month, then I'm cancelling. Guess what I paid for shipping for those dudes, Doc Manhattan and Elongated Man, nearly fifty bucks. That's right. My shipping this month is almost as much as my total purchase price. $114.60 to ship. That works out to 40 bucks per figure and sadly, 90% of the DC figures won't hold their value because their crap keeps getting bootlegged and since almost none of their figures come with accessories, it doesn't matter that they're sold loose. Once they get here and I get dinged the minimum of 25 bucks I will no doubt get dinged by DHL even though I picked International Post since it's all the same now, that'll make them cost 47 bucks each. This is the biggest scam since car insurance.

it's **** like this thats gonna kill the line .. if they don't want us international fans to get these figures they should just come out and say so .. instead they continue to steal our money with these ridiclous shipping charges

Is this the shipping we chose, Matty?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I am very disappointed / upset over all this shipping non-sense. I think matty really doesn’t want us to subscribe. There is a toy show here in Canada almost every other weekend – most of them have MOTU Classics figures for about 40 bucks each – I used to think that was a rip-off if you got a sub – now it’s the same cost! I paid 38 bucks for Rammy and Jitsu, then got nailed for 21 more bucks after – I am furious. That, plus all the multitude of problems with customer service etc – I mean how much more can a guy who makes an average living take!
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Action.
    A Modern-Day Pulp Magazine.
    www.intothevoid.ca

my march shipping would come out to $38.25, thats for Fangman, king he-man, elongated man and map for eternia. wow, it's like paying $8.25 just to get the map! I'll probably try to sell the map once I get it....just to recover the cost for something that I don't really need

I agree with you guys shipping is a little ridiculous. When I got into MOTU last year, it wasn't that expensive to backtrack the figures...I remember the 2 most expensive figures I got were shadow weaver for $60 and wundar for $50. Now its like buying exclusive SDCC figures every month!!!! its insane! I wonder how much the US guys are getting charge for the extra map....probably only $2 I think.

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone actually cancelled their account yet or are you just planning on canceling your credit card? I'm just wondering the bs I'm gonna have to deal with next week trying to cancel both accounts lol.

The easiest way is to just cancel your credit card, because you can't actually cancel your subscription. I have a separate credit card I use for online transactions. I'll just cancel it and let my Matty sub just cancel itself. I'm not paying $30 for shipping when it was only $8 last year.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

yeah, I think I'm out too. the shipping is ridiculous. sucks because i love the line and I want a lot of the figs, but how is shipping for 2 figures the same as what they said shipping for Grayskull??

I use a prepaid reloadable credit card for the sub, I will just let it run out then nextmonth allow the charge to not go through, they will cancel it.

This sucks, I love this line, I love this property but it's this shipping is insane.
    Last edited by krosfyah; March 12, 2013 at 07:46am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The facts:

- I love the MOTUC line and have been a cheerleader for this line getting my friends on board.
    - I don't complain about sculpts, QC, or anything else.
    - Shipping to Canada is RIDICULOUS!

Honestly, now it's becoming unaffordable. I don't expect 2 figures and a map to cost over $30 to ship. The explanation given was that it was three items. So if it was three MOTUC stands would it still cost $30 to ship?

If anyone from Matty is reading this I really think an investigation into the actual cost of shipping should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    The facts:

- I love the MOTUC line and have been a cheerleader for this line getting my friends on board.
    - I don't complain about sculpts, QC, or anything else.
    - Shipping to Canada is RIDICULOUS!

Honestly, now it's becoming unaffordable. I don't expect 2 figures and a map to cost over $30 to ship. The explanation given was that it was three items. So if it was three MOTUC stands would it still cost $30 to ship?

If anyone from Matty is reading this I really think an investigation into the actual cost of shipping should be done.
    three items I believe that because it's DR doing the shipping. I wouldn't say I have been a cheerleader for the line,l but I definitely am not one of the voices of dissent. (I do call out things that I'm not happy with, mainly Scott's blunders - but to be fair I give hime credit when I feel it's due) but yep, I pretty much stand with you on your points. looks like this is the last year for MOTUC unless American subs alone will sustain it. (or there are more 'rich; international collectors than we realize.

- - - Updated - - -

it's a sad day for me as an MOTU fan. I guess from here on in I will cherry pick and likely order from other folks, or pay more at a comic shop.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Court Magician
    I just checked the MATTEL Shop to see their shipping rates and it'll make you sick
    3 DCU figures shipped with Purolator Ground Service - $11.98 + 2.40 for International Handling Fee
    So 14.38 for 3 figures vs. 30.15 for 3 items from the same company.
    When TG was spouting off about looking in to all available shipping options did he not think to look in his own back yard

master of hiphop
    30.15 for 2 figures and a piece of paper... can anyway say.. BEND OVER BALL.. and we are all attending with tickets in hand.

where do they get these rates.. and to top it off because it's 50 bucks we will be hit with the customs so after conversion and shipping and fees, the cost per figure is INSANE.. last year the 2 figures with map was 9.90 how does it go from 9.90 to 30.15 that is over a 200% increase.. MY GOD!

- - - Updated - - -

couldn't help it.. i'm sure it will be deleting in no time..hah

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=4831004165&f=5681027317&m=3101051018&r=3101051018#3101051018

i said

well on behalf of all Canadians i'd like to say thank youSmiler
    you have officially HIjacked our pockets with shipping rates.. many Canadians are cancelling their subs because of your insane shipping rates..

i'm sure you will only delete this post and that is find.. hide away if you will..

but explain this to me

I just checked the MATTEL Shop to see their shipping rates
    3 DCU figures shipped with Purolator Ground Service - $11.98 + 2.40 for International Handling Fee

last year to ship the two figures with a Map.. a piece of paper people!! was 9.90 and now you are charging us 30.15 over a 200% percent increase..

you know if your gonna bend us over.. at least kiss us first!

UNREAL!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    30.15 for 2 figures and a piece of paper... can anyway say.. BEND OVER BALL.. and we are all attending with tickets in hand.

where do they get these rates.. and to top it off because it's 50 bucks we will be hit with the customs so after conversion and shipping and fees, the cost per figure is INSANE.. last year the 2 figures with map was 9.90 how does it go from 9.90 to 30.15 that is over a 200% increase.. MY GOD!

- - - Updated - - -

couldn't help it.. i'm sure it will be deleting in no time..hah

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...018#3101051018

i said

well on behalf of all Canadians i'd like to say thank youSmiler
    you have officially HIjacked our pockets with shipping rates.. many Canadians are cancelling their subs because of your insane shipping rates..

i'm sure you will only delete this post and that is find.. hide away if you will..

but explain this to me

I just checked the MATTEL Shop to see their shipping rates

last year to ship the two figures with a Map.. a piece of paper people!! was 9.90 and now you are charging us 30.15 over a 200% percent increase..

you know if your gonna bend us over.. at least kiss us first!

UNREAL!
    awesome. yep if this doesn't change I'm out. I want an adjustment on shipping, a refund for this month or i'm gone.

Fear is faith in failure

Us guys in the UK are paying the same 30.15 shipping as you Canadians. The whole situation is Outrageous.

master of hiphop
    and the crazy part is we are next door to the US... explain that to me.. they are Hi Jack artists. End of story

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Us guys in the UK are paying the same 30.15 shipping as you Canadians. The whole situation is Outrageous.
    - - - Updated - - -

from TG..

Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Wow!!!!! Not much else I can say.

Guys, can someone post a reply to Toy Guru for me as I'm not able to respond? Simply say that if these are the real shipping costs that the only explanation for the huge increase would be that Matty was subsidizing the shipping up until December 2012.

Something doesn't jive here.

Either they used to subsidize the shipping or they are jacking us now big time. The only possible explanation for the huge increase is past subsidization which stopped in january 2013. As he said they don't do that the only explanation is that they are ripping us off.

and the crazy part is we are next door to the US... explain that to me.. they are Hi Jack artists. End of story

- - - Updated - - -

from TG..

Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer.
    Last edited by Ironman; March 12, 2013 at 11:11am.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

- - - Updated - - -

from TG..

So no word on why the same company can't ship using the same method as their other store? or why I pay less shipping from individuals who ARE NOT even a modest sized business. Well this sucks but it was pretty fun while it lasted. cherry picking from individuals or buying the key characters from comic shops. then next year, I'm doubting the line will make it. Sorry to be a doomsayer, but the shipping hurts a BIG part of the fanbase. esp if this year they BARELY made it. they need every sub they can get and they've lost quite a few after this shipment comes it it seems.

Fear is faith in failure

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Wow!!!!! Not much else I can say.

Here's the kicker.. this is what else he said

What you pay in shipping has everything to do with where you live, what service you use etc... Mattycollector.com does not set shipping rates. You are paying the actual cost to ship the item. We do not make profit off of shipping.

Yet.... Canada and EURO pay the same price... this guy is so full of it! i'm done with this line.. god the lies..

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    So no word on why the same company can't ship using the same method as their other store? or why I pay less shipping from individuals who ARE NOT even a modest sized business. Well this sucks but it was pretty fun while it lasted. cherry picking from individuals or buying the key characters from comic shops. then next year, I'm doubting the line will make it. Sorry to be a doomsayer, but the shipping hurts a BIG part of the fanbase. esp if this year they BARELY made it. they need every sub they can get and they've lost quite a few after this shipment comes it it seems.
    No it's plain ********....no way around it, DR gets discounts, especially from USPS, problem is, it's not USPS it's cornerstone, all the USPS does is take your package from them locally, and give it to you....

Other shipping options are still cheaper elsewhere UPS, Fed Ex, I know, I ship **** all the time to all over the country. So to sit and say it costs what it costs is ********, $9.90 for slow ass cross country shipping is bull, I can send Parcel Post (Standard USPS) and even though it says 7-10 days, it usually gets to where it going in 5 for like $6, Cornerstone goes to one distribution center after another on it's never shorter than 7 day trip to me....for $10 I want the **** in 3-5 days, not 7, that is what ****** me off, if it was $10 and faster, I would not have an issue.

Now DR is charging extra for a damn folded piece of paper to be shipped, and I'm expected to believe that they're not gouging you? My BSometer is in the red and the needle's about to break.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No it's plain ********....no way around it, DR gets discounts, especially from USPS, problem is, it's not USPS it's cornerstone, all the USPS does is take your package from them locally, and give it to you....

Other shipping options are still cheaper elsewhere UPS, Fed Ex, I know, I ship **** all the time to all over the country. So to sit and say it costs what it costs is ********, $9.90 for slow ass cross country shipping is bull, I can send Parcel Post (Standard USPS) and even though it says 7-10 days, it usually gets to where it going in 5 for like $6, Cornerstone goes to one distribution center after another on it's never shorter than 7 day trip to me....for $10 I want the **** in 3-5 days, not 7, that is what ****** me off, if it was $10 and faster, I would not have an issue.

Now DR is charging extra for a damn folded piece of paper to be shipped, and I'm expected to believe that they're not gouging you? My BSometer is in the red and the needle's about to break.
    I agree, the only thing I can do is speak with my wallet. it sucks for me, it sucks for the line but enough is enough. I've had it with Scott and his spins. We know from experience that we are being fed lines. So I have to pull the plug. I hate it because these figures are amazing, and some forth coming figures are fantastic. but the straw has been loaded and the camel has collapsed.

Fear is faith in failure

I love how the Matty boards were bombed with shipping threads overnight.

It's really a shame they're just turning a blind eye to the whole thing. Responding with "this is what it costs" is such a load of garbage and doesn't help anything at all. Mattel isn't the only online store out there, so they can't exactly lie to us on this one and get away with it.

Maybe they'll make a change once they see people canceling, but by then it'll be too late anyway. Then I'm sure we'll hear the sob story come SDCC about how they'll make changes next year and blah blah blah. They can stuff it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

master of hiphop
    gotta love it eh..hahah it's funny how he just blows it off.. but my fav.. Just my FAV line he had was how shipping is calculated depending on where you live i can't laugh loud enough.... yeah that's why we pay the same shipping as someone in Sweden.. oh wait. we're Canadians, Matty thinks we are Swedes..hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I love how the Matty boards were bombed with shipping threads overnight.

It's really a shame they're just turning a blind eye to the whole thing. Responding with "this is what it costs" is such a load of garbage and doesn't help anything at all. Mattel isn't the only online store out there, so they can't exactly lie to us on this one and get away with it.

Maybe they'll make a change once they see people canceling, but by then it'll be too late anyway. Then I'm sure we'll hear the sob story come SDCC about how they'll make changes next year and blah blah blah. They can stuff it.