Page 119 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3986

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I don't think Americans alone make up the minimum sub requirements, apparently they BARELY reached the minimum last year and even the Americans are sick of the issues. we will see but this is the first time I've actually felt the line is in danger. I'm seeing even MORE "I'm not subbing, my sub is done" lines than we did last year and last year they said we barely made it happen.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I just bought a Strobo and noticed that a fella in Norway posted the exact same price as what I'm paying.

I am never one to complain about shippng or quality since this is a hobby I choose........but that is certainly an interesting thing to see when I live in south western Ontario...

master of hiphop
    yeah man... we figured this out a few weeks ago.. Canadians are paying the same as overseas.. it's lumped up as International Shipping.

the part i can't understand is Scott said on Matty forums that shipping is dependent on location and size... well i call a big fat BS on that..
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Warrior
    I put a stop payment on all future Matty charges to my Credit Card. My friend also cancelled the card for his six DC subscriptions, 1 Watchmen subscription and 1 MOTUC subscription. My other friends are toying with cancelling theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    yeah man... we figured this out a few weeks ago.. Canadians are paying the same as overseas.. it's lumped up as International Shipping.

the part i can't understand is Scott said on Matty forums that shipping is dependent on location and size... well i call a big fat BS on that..
    What I'd really like to know is whether Mattel/DR is really making any more money by gouging people for shipping?
    Fair enough, I can accept that shipping costs may have gone up, but not by a sudden 200% increase.
    What they do make from the shipping must be offset against the loss of extra sales:- a number of people have said on this board that they no longer buy any DOS extras because of the related shipping costs.

master of hiphop
    buddy they are making money hands down.. they can BS and round around the tree all they want..

i did a mock order of 3 Motu Cases the light Zolo Type cases they now sell which weigh nothing it was 30+ to ship.. then did 3 figures at 1 pound each.. Same price.. these boxes of those cases do not weigh 3 pounds.. so they are making some cash no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    What I'd really like to know is whether Mattel/DR is really making any more money by gouging people for shipping?
    Fair enough, I can accept that shipping costs may have gone up, but not by a sudden 200% increase.
    What they do make from the shipping must be offset against the loss of extra sales:- a number of people have said on this board that they no longer buy any DOS extras because of the related shipping costs.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Also, just so everyone knows, I've been informed that there is absolutely no limit to how many times we can change our shipping methods on our subs and they encourage us to change them as best fits our budgetary needs.
    Just for clarification, is this done over the phone at the regular matty number, the escalation dept, or just via email?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Just for clarification, is this done over the phone at the regular matty number, the escalation dept, or just via email?
    On the phone they will do it and they are going to STOP allowing the changes...I spoke with them today and the Rep WOULD NOT send the ticket to change the sub, and then he put a sup on the phone and they said they would not do it...I told them about the sub page and TG telling us to do this and his response "I know about the web page and that is going to be changed"... he then said he would submit it for possible approval, but advised that it may be declined since they are not going to allow changes anymore...TOYGURU????

DR said they are going to change the site and STOP shipping method changes...

On a side note....I can't believe I got the months figures (FANG MAN / KING HE-MAN) the DAY BEFORE sale date...they shipped at 4:07 PM cal time YESTERDAY! and travelled all night and were delivered around lunch! I wish I was more excited about the figs, but I already sold them to another ORG member. Which is paying for my HOT TOYS WAR MACHINE!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I was told verbatim that we can change whenever we want and was even encouraged to do so:

Regarding changing the shipping method on your orders, no we do not have a limit on how often we can change the shipping method for your subscription. I would recomend
    using which ever option best fits your needs and desires for a given month.
    I did all my changes via email, but I have to warn you guys: they didnt cancel one of my subs so now I'm getting an extra sub shipped to me that I have to deal with, so no system is fool proof in this case.

If they change the rule now like Drewsky said I won't even know what to say anymore. They just keep putting more nails in the coffin, man.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I was told verbatim that we can change whenever we want and was even encouraged to do so:

I did all my changes via email, but I have to warn you guys: they didnt cancel one of my subs so now I'm getting an extra sub shipped to me that I have to deal with, so no system is fool proof in this case.

If they change the rule now like Drewsky said I won't even know what to say anymore. They just keep putting more nails in the coffin, man.
    They cancelled my old one for the first change...I have a new "ORIGINAL ORDER NUMBER" that is being referenced...I guess that is their 'correct' way around it...I am just waiting for the confirmation e-mail that I am back to INT POST for Snake Face.

I did check Matty.com for multi pack shipping and single figure shipping...MAY (Karatii / FFM 3 PACK) looks like it will be cheaper to go DHL...and get 24 hour service!

Heroic Warrior
    So I ordered my strobos and the clamshells from EA yesterday and I didn't specify my shipping method, they shipped DHL and it came today (wow @ 1 day delivery) but my shipping was already $30 and then I had $22 in customs charges, all I can say is ouch lol. This is really starting to hurt my wallet.

My "mistake" Watchmen figure arrived via DHL today. The customs charge was $14. For a single toy.

If that's what Snake Face ends up costing the new after International Post DHL charges I'm out for sure.

Heroic Warrior
    My "mistake" Watchmen figure arrived via DHL today. The customs charge was $14. For a single toy.

If that's what Snake Face ends up costing the new after International Post DHL charges I'm out for sure.
    Did you change your shipping method to DHL for your sub? What was the difference in costs if you don't mind me asking?

I had previously changed to DHL for February but then back to International Post for March, but they forgot to cancel one of the DHL subs so they sent it to me by mistake.

But, for February, I got Ram Man and Jitsu and paid $18 in customs. I believe you guys who used International Post paid around $10, correct? So you paid less than I.

Also, the "mistake" figure that came today was $22 to ship DHL. So he cost $25 from the Matty store, $22 to ship, and $14 in customs. Lol like are they serious?

My concern is that even though Snake Face will only cost $13 to ship International Post, we might still get hit with the $10-14 DHL charge at the door. Which is effectively crazy.

Heroic Warrior
    I had previously changed to DHL for February but then back to International Post for March, but they forgot to cancel one of the DHL subs so they sent it to me by mistake.

But, for February, I got Ram Man and Jitsu and paid $18 in customs. I believe you guys who used International Post paid around $10, correct? So you paid less than I.

Also, the "mistake" figure that came today was $22 to ship DHL. So he cost $25 from the Matty store, $22 to ship, and $14 in customs. Lol like are they serious?

My concern is that even though Snake Face will only cost $13 to ship International Post, we might still get hit with the $10-14 DHL charge at the door. Which is effectively crazy.

My February sub got shipped International Post and it came in 2 weeks with DHL stickers attached to the box and had about $14 in customs. Shipping was just over $21 for Ram Man and Jitsu.

My March sub shipped International post, cost $30(mistake with the map) and I don't know when it will be here or if it will have customs attached to it again, but I'm guessing it's going to be the same as February.

My EA purchase from yesterday was $30 to ship, I forgot to check the shipping option (just rushing to check out so I didn't miss out) but they shipped DHL, it came in 1 day and had $22 customs charge but in reality it's not really a customs charge, it's DHL handling fee of $10 and then $12 in taxes.

I just wish we could get a straight answer so we know what's going on, if it's going to be shipped(or handled I should say) through DHL regardless and I'm gonna get their handling fee every month I'd rather just finish the year and get my Sub items in a day if I have to pay the handling fee anyways.

Pretty frustrating.

*Oh I forgot to add, I also ordered 2 Kobra Khans from EA in February as well and didn't specify shipping option either, that came normal International post with no DHL stickers or customs fees and came before my Sub which was shipped first. LOL
    Last edited by cax16; March 15, 2013 at 07:24pm.

The International Post should only charge customs on goods over $40...there is a "free limit" but I am not 100% sure, so 1 figure alone should always get away with no taxes...but DHL will be good little boys and hit everything else...we should have a "cheap" month with Snake Face.

BTW after "absolutely refusing to change shipping method...mine was changed in one day...got confirm e-mail for my "new sub" with Snake Face listed as INT POST. I will move it back to DHL EXPRESS after SF is on his way...MAY will be too expensive with INT POST with FFM.

I was browsing my LCS today and they had figures like Netossa and Frosta for $40. Which is basically what I pay as a subscriber.

It was depressing. I remember the days when I thought $40 was a crazy scalper price.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW. They actually deleted our thread on the Matty boards. The entire thing. All 9 pages, gone.

WOW. They actually deleted our thread on the Matty boards. The entire thing. All 9 pages, gone.
    Guess somebody said something they shouldn't have...or Matty didn't like it...

Anybody in Canada have any comic book subscriptions for DC? I actually didn't think comic book companies still "mailed" out issues, figures it was all in store now.
    I am thinking of ordering the comic book sub, but I am not too certain it would be safe in the postal system.
    I am hoping for some info from one of our mail "experts" on how magazines / comics may travel in the post office system.

I ordered the comic sub. How they arrive all depends on how they are sent out. If it's just a comic then it may receive damage from weather, handling or even your mailbox size. If it's sent in plastic polybag that will protect from the elements and most handling but not mailbox size.

I don't know how DC sends their comics so it's hard to say.

J

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Guess somebody said something they shouldn't have...or Matty didn't like it...

Anybody in Canada have any comic book subscriptions for DC? I actually didn't think comic book companies still "mailed" out issues, figures it was all in store now.
    I am thinking of ordering the comic book sub, but I am not too certain it would be safe in the postal system.
    I am hoping for some info from one of our mail "experts" on how magazines / comics may travel in the post office system.
    I think it was my fault. I posted in the thread that I was in contact with the guy who was running the Bleeding Cool website about the possibility of running a story on the shipping charges Matty has been charging. Basically I wanted to ask you guys about to show link, jpegs, conversations, etc that's ben going on between us and Matty.....guess Matty didn't like what was happening. I still would want to collate information on this, if people can PM me about it. On the plus side, at least we know SOMEBODY is reading our post at Matty

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Well, I just tried ordering the comics. When I clicked 'submit', nothing happened, except all the fields cleared. Anyone else experience this? I don't want to try again & end up with multiple subs....

P.S. I sent you a PM CC

^^^
    that's happened to a couple people in the DC comics thread. Try again, you weren't charged, someone called their CC company to make sure.

j

Heroic Warrior
    Attachment 83523

This is the picture they took down before they deleted the thread as well. They are a horrible company for not looking into things for their customer base. For the amount of money we spend on the products we shouldn't be treated this way.

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    I think it was my fault. I posted in the thread that I was in contact with the guy who was running the Bleeding Cool website about the possibility of running a story on the shipping charges Matty has been charging. Basically I wanted to ask you guys about to show link, jpegs, conversations, etc that's ben going on between us and Matty.....guess Matty didn't like what was happening. I still would want to collate information on this, if people can PM me about it. On the plus side, at least we know SOMEBODY is reading our post at Matty

That would be a pretty epic step towards possible change.

Heroic Warrior
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/7501085118

What a lame response by TG. Why don't they just be honest and at least look into the matter rather then say they have "very little control", DR works for Mattel, it's not the other way around.