Page 126 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3983

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Court Magician
    got my fang man and king he-man today. Through sweeden no DHL this time and no tax or custom fees.

Sigh, got an email from Matty, My april orders are MOTUC snakeface, and DCIE Larfleeze and Monsieur Mallah, shipping for those are $38.25! That's just for 3 figure! Well Mallah comes with The Brain, so maybe he's counted as another figure? I really scared when Fighting Foe Men ship in May!

Okay, how come some people are getting the old style shipping and some are DHL. When I got my Fang Man and King He-Man, they had the DHL sticker on it and I paid the COD. I want my Sweden back too.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Sigh, got an email from Matty, My april orders are MOTUC snakeface, and DCIE Larfleeze and Monsieur Mallah, shipping for those are $38.25! That's just for 3 figure! Well Mallah comes with The Brain, so maybe he's counted as another figure? I really scared when Fighting Foe Men ship in May!
    Now if we only knew if that would get customs, if it doesn't you will be a few bucks ahead, if DHL global gets it...you will have waited 3 weeks longer and paid about $8 more for this month...ROLL THE DICE...

LOOKING AT MAY:

Just looking on Matty site about changing May to DHL express...$28.65 DHL Express (24 hour delivery) or $30.15 (3 weeks). If it will get hit with customs...which it will be a value of $100 - I think it is going to have customs...then DHL express will be almost $2 cheaper shipping and $2 on customs fee and faster.

INFO : Canada Post now charges $9.95 to process customs on a package...DHL is still cheapest ($7.95)

I am changing to DHL Express for May...
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; April 10, 2013 at 09:54am.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

SDo I wonder how many international subbers let their subs die out, and how many of those missing subs will a. get picked up b. provide fodder for cyber monday or mad matty sales.

I didn't let mine die this month despite my stand because I wanted Snake face. I don't care about next month's offerings so it can die then and I will find ways to get the figures I want afterwards.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    SDo I wonder how many international subbers let their subs die out, and how many of those missing subs will a. get picked up b. provide fodder for cyber monday or mad matty sales.

I didn't let mine die this month despite my stand because I wanted Snake face. I don't care about next month's offerings so it can die then and I will find ways to get the figures I want afterwards.
    Honestly with the way things are going, I doubt cyber monday sales will be as good as before. With old figures selling at $27, even with the discount factor in, you'll still be paying a lot on shipping alone!

In other news, I got a response from Mr. Resolution regarding shipping prices on Castle Grayskull. I preordered CG on the first day with the $70+ shipping. They will just send a refund for any excess within 4 days after the castle ships. Thats some good news at least
    Last edited by erik352; April 10, 2013 at 01:54pm.

i SPARINGLY collect hot toys, buying them from sideshow is a great experience, esp with their payment plan option, but dammit they ship fedex only and you ALWAYS get dinged, an extra $40 or more. friggin SUCKS, but the three figures I have I LOVE, I am wrestling with getting snake eyes and Bane, though bane I have to resort to ebay now,
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    i SPARINGLY collect hot toys, buying them from sideshow is a great experience, esp with their payment plan option, but dammit they ship fedex only and you ALWAYS get dinged, an extra $40 or more. friggin SUCKS, but the three figures I have I LOVE, I am wrestling with getting snake eyes and Bane, though bane I have to resort to ebay now,
    you ever try these guys?

http://www.superpowercollectibles.com/

http://www.toys2.net/

Funny thing is, I use to collect Hot Toys but had to sell most of my stuff just to be able to afford MOTU. There's really something wrong with that

Toys2 is amazing for Hot Toys and they're all I use. No customs, fast shipping, and awesome service.

They managed to get me a DX12 pre-order even after it sold out.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I use urbansamuraihobbies they have been able to get everything (Avengers etc) for me and they are the cheapest on pre-orders!

Looks like Matty IS thinking about our shipping concerns....I just got a shipping survey E-mail....to ship things quarterly...just like BBTS...I like that idea...at least they are listening...

lol my April renewal is not going through... I got the "URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED" email hahahaha. Goodbye Matty! Pre-paid VISA worked like a charm!
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I use urbansamuraihobbies they have been able to get everything (Avengers etc) for me and they are the cheapest on pre-orders!

Looks like Matty IS thinking about our shipping concerns....I just got a shipping survey E-mail....to ship things quarterly...just like BBTS...I like that idea...at least they are listening...
    yeah, because sdcc is just around the corner and they need to sell 2014 subs! Funny thing is, this is something several people have been asking for for months, and this is the only time they are listening.... now i wonder, if quarterly sub will mean $30+ shipping for 3 motuc figs??

I'll only support it if the rate is discounted. If it's still, like, $30 for 3 figures what's the point?

yeah, the funny thing was, when the did the survey, they took into account how heavy the toys are? but we all know they base their shipping on the number of item OR the weight of the toy, whichever is higher

yeah, because sdcc is just around the corner and they need to sell 2014 subs! Funny thing is, this is something several people have been asking for for months, and this is the only time they are listening.... now i wonder, if quarterly sub will mean $30+ shipping for 3 motuc figs??
    Actually the question said instead of $10 shipping per monthly figure, would you prefer $15 for the quarterly group?

Yeah, I got the survey question, basically Americans are paying around $10 shipping monthly, but if they get 3 figures every quarter, shipping would be around $15. There really is an advantage for the Americans because their shipping only increase around $1 or so for additional figures.

For us Canadians, our basic shipping for one figure is $13+, each additional shipping is around $8 per figure. So for 3 months worth of figure, our shipping is still around $30 using the current insane shipping prices they are charging us this year.

I really can't see any savings at all with the quarterly shipping...unless they went back to last year's shipping rate. Heck, i can't even order grayskull stands because they are charging $8 on them!

Yeah, the quote provided doesn't apply to us because we don't get the same combined shipping rates as the US guys. As erik said, we pay an additional $8 per figure, so even if they shipped 3 figures together quarterly we'd be paying $38 instead of $39 lol.

Plus, we'd have the increased chance of customs. It doesn't really make sense for us IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    lol my April renewal is not going through... I got the "URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED" email hahahaha. Goodbye Matty! Pre-paid VISA worked like a charm!
    I went the 'report credit card lost' route... the card company halted any charges to the card which, at that time, was only Matty. POOF, no more subscription!

I felt weird doing this actually (still do). I've been with the subs since the first year. I thought I would be with them for the entire 2013 as well but too many cost inflations made me rethink this whole thing.

master of hiphop
    but what i don't get .. and no one seems to answer is ... why are we Canadians paying what the other side of the world is paying.. UK, Germany etc... i mean if i go to the post office and say i want to ship this box to Cali.. they check it .. weight it .. size it.. and say 15 dollars please... then if i say.. oh wait i have another box exactly the same.. going to Germany.. they said.. 40 dollars please ... so with that said why am i paying the same amount as someone overseas.. why is Scott saying it depends on location.. when that is complete nonsense.. and why when i continue to ask that question do they delete my question/thread.. why..... why.... because they are making Lots of doe from Canadians positioning us as international overseas shipping customers... i want to slap someone

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Yeah, the quote provided doesn't apply to us because we don't get the same combined shipping rates as the US guys. As erik said, we pay an additional $8 per figure, so even if they shipped 3 figures together quarterly we'd be paying $38 instead of $39 lol.

Plus, we'd have the increased chance of customs. It doesn't really make sense for us IMO.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

you ever try these guys?

http://www.superpowercollectibles.com/

http://www.toys2.net/

Funny thing is, I use to collect Hot Toys but had to sell most of my stuff just to be able to afford MOTU. There's really something wrong with that
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post

THANKS!!!! I will look into those guys! I want to get Snake Eyes from Retalition but I've been hesitating to no end!!

AUGH!! Snake Eyes Pre-order is unavailable

Super powers collectibles offers free shipping!!! man thanks guys! the only issue is no flexpay, no rewards points and they are sold out of the pre-order, MAYBE what I will do is flexpay snakeeyes, use my rewards then from storm shadow (I kinda want him now) on I will use these guys!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 11, 2013 at 02:59pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Yeah, they really won't answer that question for some reason. And its really hopeless posting shipping questions that gets answers like this:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/8141081618

btw, Motkenniverse and Mattondemand, really admire how you guys took a stand on the matty sub!

Widget
    I couldn't believe the shipping costs when the figures came in January...
    I'm lucky to live in a border town with the states, and after hoping the shipping costs were an unfortunate mistake, waiting in case they fixed and reimbursed, I decided to get my subs shipped to the states. It's a bit of an annoyance to cross and pay duty, but the shipping is far less, and the duty does not include an automatic 7-8$ broker fee.

So, annoyed at extra hassle, but relieved at lower shipping and duty costs.

It's very strange that Canada is paying near or the same shipping fees as Europeans.

I hope others are able to find alternate solutions to this BS...

Yeah, they really won't answer that question for some reason. And its really hopeless posting shipping questions that gets answers like this:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/8141081618

btw, Motkenniverse and Mattondemand, really admire how you guys took a stand on the matty sub!
    Thanks, I appreciate the compliment but I don't see it as 'taking a stand'. It's more that I had to make a decision about my financial obligations in life. MOTUC always had its place in my budget but when toy costs went up, then the shipping, it was time to re-evaluate if I could really justify the sub any more. I was on the fence for a while. I was actually waiting patiently for someone, anyone, from Mattel to answer our Canadian shipping concerns questions. Time went on and on, posts got deleted and deleted... I finally decided enough is enough and I got out. If Mattel only took the time to answer our concerns, even with a short reply, they might still have me as a costumer today. Shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jez79 View Post
    I couldn't believe the shipping costs when the figures came in January...
    I'm lucky to live in a border town with the states, and after hoping the shipping costs were an unfortunate mistake, waiting in case they fixed and reimbursed, I decided to get my subs shipped to the states. It's a bit of an annoyance to cross and pay duty, but the shipping is far less, and the duty does not include an automatic 7-8$ broker fee.

So, annoyed at extra hassle, but relieved at lower shipping and duty costs.

It's very strange that Canada is paying near or the same shipping fees as Europeans.

I hope others are able to find alternate solutions to this BS...
    I was considering going the same route. I live in Vancouver so I'm about an hour away from the Blaine, Washington border (come to think of it, Point Roberts, WA might be even closer). I'm even about to get my Nexus pass which would make it even easier. BUT, I took the 'cancelling my subs' route instead. If the high shipping costs stay as they are, I may reconsider buying a sub and shipping it to Blaine in 2014.

Called to change sub shipping...same thing everytime - "no you can't". "where on what website?"...I laughed though most of the call...changed to Express DHL for Foe Men and Karatti.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    How much will you be saving? I hope there's another way than calling. I don't want to talk to those tools.....