Page 127 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3937

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Honestly just email them. It's easy as balls.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    How much will you be saving? I hope there's another way than calling. I don't want to talk to those tools.....
    Between the shipping cost and the "brokerage fee" about $4 but the figures will also show up in 24 hours. Either way a $100 package will have the same cutoms charged - so that is a 0 factor. If I am going to have to pay duty on May product, I want to save any $ I can and as a bounus have delivery in 24 hours - I do like having the figures BEFORE sale date!

You can email them, they will need last four CC number / exp date / security number / confirm delivery address and stated shipping method. Then give them about 3-4 days for a confirm e-mail.

Just saw the shipping on Matty for this month INTERNATIONAL POST WILL BE $38.00!!! DHL is $30 so it will start with $8 cheaper and then $2 on customs fees....so it will be $10 cheaper with DHL and a lot quicker!
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; April 17, 2013 at 02:48pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I change my May sub to Express shipping and got my confirmation today. The may figures go for $100 with a $26.85 shipping charge. Can anyone tell me what International Post is for the May sub?
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I change my May sub to Express shipping and got my confirmation today. The may figures go for $100 with a $26.85 shipping charge. Can anyone tell me what International Post is for the May sub?
    $38 before the $4 shipping discount.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    $38 before the $4 shipping discount.
    than's for the info
    that's over $10 difference. and this month is the expensive month, the package will probably get taxed either ways.
    i am going to email them and change the shipping method.
    Last edited by sgreg; April 20, 2013 at 07:47pm.

I cannot understand why international mail will cost more than DHL. Simply doesn't make sense.

master of hiphop
    38.00 bucks to ship 4 figures.. and 3 of them are in one package damn!!! 9.50 a figure it works out too..
    i just shipped 5 figures to Iowa and it cost me 26.00 expedited 4-7 days with tracking... they can say what ever they want but man.. they being Matty or most likely DR is making a tonne of cash on shipping... i gather there's a better margin in shipping then making action figures

i mean just doing the numbers.. almost 40% of the value is just for shipping.. that is NUTS!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I'll be very curious as to what the extra charges are for May for those of you who switched to DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    38.00 bucks to ship 4 figures.. and 3 of them are in one package damn!!! 9.50 a figure it works out too..
    i just shipped 5 figures to Iowa and it cost me 26.00 expedited 4-7 days with tracking... they can say what ever they want but man.. they being Matty or most likely DR is making a tonne of cash on shipping... i gather there's a better margin in shipping then making action figures

i mean just doing the numbers.. almost 40% of the value is just for shipping.. that is NUTS!
    Hey I wanted to order a pattern for making a puppet, comes on a cd, they wanted me to pay $39 shipping for a damned cd, and a vest from another company they want to charge $79 shipping to Canada while US shipping is $6.99. Some of these companies are ridiculous!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Hey I wanted to order a pattern for making a puppet, comes on a cd, they wanted me to pay $39 shipping for a damned cd, and a vest from another company they want to charge $79 shipping to Canada while US shipping is $6.99. Some of these companies are ridiculous!!
    I know in a lot of cases like that, shipping it close to the border and then picking it up is a lot cheaper. I wonder if that's what Canadian collectors are gonna have to do. I have a PO Box in Detroit that I ship my protein powder to, I think for the 2014 sub, I might have to give them a US address.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    That's a brilliant idea Stickfa, and even though the border is an hour away for me, I'm thinking about doing that too, especially in light of what happened with Canada Post yesterday.

Long story short is CP management's lying to the public regarding how much the amount overall mail volume has decreased (they are using the -23% stats for only 1 type of product, but then claiming all product has decreased that same amount) has paid off and is allowing them to push through their agenda with an 'independant' gov't agency.
    They claim based on their bogus stats (i.e. this year's profits really weren't profits and were actually a loss) that they'll lose 1 billion each year from now on unless rates are 'drastically' increased and services severely cut, etc., etc., etc.

The Conference Board's recommendations about those 'drastic' rate increases scare me.
    Hopefully they take a long time to implement, or my collecting days will soon be over because I won't be able to afford the shipping.
    I can't imagine being stuck with shipping options that only include the 'brokerage' fees on top of handling charges, meaning we would get hit with customs on every item (like how we all got hit with DHL paying customs on our items, then charging us that one month).
    Last edited by marndt8448; April 24, 2013 at 06:33am.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    That's a brilliant idea Stickfa, and even though the border is an hour away for me, I'm thinking about doing that too, especially in light of what happened with Canada Post yesterday.
    Doesn't the USPS report billion dollar loss every year too? Look at what happened in January to First class min 6 up from 2 !!! I have noticed that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I know in a lot of cases like that, shipping it close to the border and then picking it up is a lot cheaper. I wonder if that's what Canadian collectors are gonna have to do. I have a PO Box in Detroit that I ship my protein powder to, I think for the 2014 sub, I might have to give them a US address.
    My friend sent me some info about a company that will receive your stuff and hold it for a small fee. they are in niagara falls I might do it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I'm thinking of doing that and I live 4.5 hours from the border... if we do end up getting the option for quarterly shipments, it'll be worth it to me to drive to either Niagara Falls or Ogdensburg to get my figures. Plus I'll grab myself some Vanilla Coke while I'm there.

If there's anyone between North Bay and Niagara Falls, NY who wants to save shipping and have me pick up their figures in the US and drop them off to you, we can work a deal.

Drewsky...
    Last edited by Drewsky; April 26, 2013 at 01:57pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

April package with slow shipping arrived. and DHL brokerage fee is back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
    I'm thinking of doing that and I live 4.5 hours from the border... if we do end up getting the option for quarterly shipments, it'll be worth it to me to drive to either Niagara Falls or Ogdensburg to get my figures. Plus I'll grab myself some Vanilla Coke while I'm there.

If there's anyone between North Bay and Niagara Falls, NY who wants to save shipping and have me pick up their figures in the US and drop them off to you, we can work a deal.

Drewsky...
    you have to pass through north york?? I might take you up on that...

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    April package with slow shipping arrived. and DHL brokerage fee is back again.
    what the?? what did you get and how much did you pay? sigh! It's not enough they charge me an extra $8 on shipping for the DCIE Mallah figure!

I just ordered a Batman Legacy Mr. Freeze from BBTS and shipping to Canada was $2. I added it to my pile of loot, which contains a full case of 3 Predator figures, and the total shipping for all 4 figures was $19.

Meanwhile, I pay $38 from Matty. Honestly I dunno if I'll even bother keeping the sub, man.

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    what the?? what did you get and how much did you pay? sigh! It's not enough they charge me an extra $8 on shipping for the DCIE Mallah figure!
    Sankeface, Larfleeze, and Mallah.

Paid $12.55

DHL brokerage is $7.95, so the duty is $4.6.
    that's 5% GST on the total invoice amount (figures + shipping).
    good thing BC switched back to PST, otherwise have to pay 12% tax on the package.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    you have to pass through north york?? I might take you up on that...
    Pretty close... I would go through Concord.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post

Drewsky...
    I'm a bit north of the GTA in Thornhill and would definitely be interested in this if you are ok with it. Please keep me updated on this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    Sankeface, Larfleeze, and Mallah.

Paid $12.55

DHL brokerage is $7.95, so the duty is $4.6.
    that's 5% GST on the total invoice amount (figures + shipping).
    good thing BC switched back to PST, otherwise have to pay 12% tax on the package.
    It is obvious that anything over 2 figures is most likely going to get hit for customs from Matty, which unfortunately is correct, there is nothing WRONG with what is happening....I am going to make sure Matty keeps my Filmation sub SEPARATE from my Classics sub come July....more work for them...cheaper for me...

I'm fine paying customs, it's the DHL handling fee that ****** me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    heck I hear ya on that I've bought stuff from Sideshow and they ship everything intl with Fedex. and I'm sick of getting stuck with the 40euro plus extra charge a week after I get the item. I mean you pay Sideshow for shipping it should be included in that charge !

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    yes. that's what i am **** about too. the brokerage fee is even more expensive than the actual duty and tax. that's just stupid.