Page 136 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3937

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Has anyone received their July subs yet?

I ordered the SDCC Thunderbolts from Hasbro and the SDCC Jason from NECA and received them both in less than a week.

Matty is a joke, man.
    Just wondering, was there an announcement at the Hasbro toyshop when the thunderbolts will go on sale? Did you get tax on the shipment?

Yeah shipping on the matty site is a joke. I preorder recently at sideshow after a very ling time, wonderful experience. You got flexpay, $25 shipping, and the site doesn't have the apache error! Heck I even got to use some of my points for the purchase

I went to both Liquidation World and the Mattel Outlet in Mississauga today... Unfortunately no MOTU.

Ok...we should be due for July figures this week after this long weekend...

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone received their July subs yet?

I ordered the SDCC Thunderbolts from Hasbro and the SDCC Jason from NECA and received them both in less than a week.

Matty is a joke, man.
    I got SDCC Batmobile the first of the week...shipping is not slow anymore out of the US...but when packages are sent to another part of the world and then mailed back...takes a few days!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Just wondering if anyone got their shipping notification from EA sale on Friday? I didn't get mine yet and I had two separate orders placed.

Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone got their shipping notification from EA sale on Friday? I didn't get mine yet and I had two separate orders placed.
    mine still shows as order in process in the history page

I got it during the night...Rock Warriors are due today!!!

I got my shipping notice for the Rock Warriors, too. If all goes well I should have them in.....5 weeks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I think I'm gonna have to call them, I got both purchase notifications right after I bought them but no shipping notice yet, seems odd.

did anybody get the NA Heman or Icer yet? People in the UK are getting their figures already

Heroic Warrior
    I never got any of my July items yet.

I'm a little annoyed at this as I bought some other stuff from someone on here and he shipped wed of last week and its already here.

Can anyone clarify what amount we are supposed to be charged duty on? When I called the government office they told me anything marked as gift with a value of $70 or less doesn't get duty or tax buy apparently that person was an idiot. The box I got today was marked as a gift with $64 value, and when I get home I'm told I had to pay $18 in taxes and handling fee, this is just crazy honestly. So annoyed right now.

ICER / N/A He-man and Clamp Champ just arrived from Canada Post and Rock Warriors and Batusi Batman from DHL!

Star Spangled Man Captain America from Hot Toys arrived this morning too....going to be a great night!

- - - Updated - - -

I never got any of my July items yet.

I'm a little annoyed at this as I bought some other stuff from someone on here and he shipped wed of last week and its already here.

Can anyone clarify what amount we are supposed to be charged duty on? When I called the government office they told me anything marked as gift with a value of $70 or less doesn't get duty or tax buy apparently that person was an idiot. The box I got today was marked as a gift with $64 value, and when I get home I'm told I had to pay $18 in taxes and handling fee, this is just crazy honestly. So annoyed right now.
    Anything over $20 is supposed to have customs and duty.

My Clamp Champ and NA He-Man sub arrived today. No Icer yet though. Hopefully he'll be here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    My Clamp Champ and NA He-Man sub arrived today. No Icer yet though. Hopefully he'll be here tomorrow.
    same deal here. Glad it's not just me, weird that he would ship separately, but then it's the first figure of club filmation, im sure they'll get it together later on down the road.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    same deal here. Glad it's not just me, weird that he would ship separately, but then it's the first figure of club filmation, im sure they'll get it together later on down the road.
    I'm pretty sure they said that combined shipping of the regular sub and the Filmation sub would occur with the second figure.

Hopefully when they change to DHL next year there's no more Sweden nonsense. That's legit the only damn reason I can think of that we get our packages the same time as the EU/UK folks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    ICER / N/A He-man and Clamp Champ just arrived from Canada Post and Rock Warriors and Batusi Batman from DHL!

Star Spangled Man Captain America from Hot Toys arrived this morning too....going to be a great night!

- - - Updated - - -

Anything over $20 is supposed to have customs and duty.
    Not if it's a gift, but if they suspect that it's NOT a gift and just marked that way, they will ding you.

Also, just a semantics note, but we are not charged duty on plastic toys. What you're paying is your provincial and federal taxes as well as a brokerage fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully when they change to DHL next year there's no more Sweden nonsense. That's legit the only damn reason I can think of that we get our packages the same time as the EU/UK folks.

Are they going 100% DHL? I use DHL and I get stuff next day.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Not if it's a gift, but if they suspect that it's NOT a gift and just marked that way, they will ding you.

Also, just a semantics note, but we are not charged duty on plastic toys. What you're paying is your provincial and federal taxes as well as a brokerage fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they going 100% DHL? I use DHL and I get stuff next day.
    Guess I just got unlucky this time for my package, hasn't happened much lately so I guess I was just kinda surprised.

Guess I just got unlucky this time for my package, hasn't happened much lately so I guess I was just kinda surprised.
    Did your July 2 figs (NA He-Man and Clamp Champ) get "hit" coming through international post?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Did your July 2 figs (NA He-Man and Clamp Champ) get "hit" coming through international post?
    I haven't received them yet lol, as soon as I get them I'll let you know.

Normally only large packages from matty get hit with duty/taxes etc for me at least, but why I was so thrown off was cause this was a package sent from a person in the states, marked as a gift with a value of $64. It was just really strange to get nailed on that one. And what makes it even worse is the friggin handling fee for Canada Post is more then the actual taxes. I wouldn't care about paying the $8 in taxes, but why am I paying them a handling fee when they didn't even inspect the box, it's just ridiculous if you ask me. What can I do though lol.

master of hiphop
    both packages arrived yesterday and no duties or taxes this time around lucky.. mind you the amount of shipping is nuts.. i still can't fathom that it costs them 13.75 to ship that small box, i just got a package from a buddy in the US same box he shipped a bunch of vintage weapons and figures and the shipping was listed at 8.75.. something is not right here if you ask me.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I think the single figure shipping is probably accurate, to be honest. I've ordered single figures from NECA and shopped around at BBTS and it's about the same for one figure ($11.75 or something) so that doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when you start adding more figures it jumps astronomically. At BBTS, I had an entire series of Marvel Legends in my pile of loot and the shipping was $20. Then, I added the Mattel Batman/Robin set and the shipping went up to $22.

With Mattel, if I have a single figure in the cart, the shipping is $13, and anything else--no matter the size--makes it go up by at least $8. That's just plain wrong and it doesn't seem like they care to fix it for 2014.

master of hiphop
    agreed the multi figs shipping is what drives me nuts.. if i pick a figure weights at 2 pounds then if i pick the clamshells which weigh almost nothing shipping is 8+ dollars and for every one i add on.. if it's 2 more figs or two more clams it's 16 extra dollars.. it's nuts.. when i ordered the grayskull from BBTS it was shipped in a Massive and i mean Massive box and then in a seperate second box inside that and it weights a lot as well.. 11 pounds or something shipping to me was 30 bucks... where 3 figures just cost me 35.45 from Matty.. someone is making some nice Shipping money.. 100%

I think the single figure shipping is probably accurate, to be honest. I've ordered single figures from NECA and shopped around at BBTS and it's about the same for one figure ($11.75 or something) so that doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is when you start adding more figures it jumps astronomically. At BBTS, I had an entire series of Marvel Legends in my pile of loot and the shipping was $20. Then, I added the Mattel Batman/Robin set and the shipping went up to $22.

With Mattel, if I have a single figure in the cart, the shipping is $13, and anything else--no matter the size--makes it go up by at least $8. That's just plain wrong and it doesn't seem like they care to fix it for 2014.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I got my sub package today with a nifty $20 customs charge. I think I'll do quarterly DHL if I sub next year.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    So I just got in from work, all my sub items came via international post, no charges at all. I also got my sdcc items and big lots stuff from a person on here, massive box that cost me $70 to ship here, had him mark it as a gift and $70 value and got hit with nothing.

This is why that package yesterday is bothering me so much. How do they determine what to charge on and what not to, just seems like a steaming pile of BS if you ask me.

So I just got in from work, all my sub items came via international post, no charges at all. I also got my sdcc items and big lots stuff from a person on here, massive box that cost me $70 to ship here, had him mark it as a gift and $70 value and got hit with nothing.

This is why that package yesterday is bothering me so much. How do they determine what to charge on and what not to, just seems like a steaming pile of BS if you ask me.
    There is no logical explanation for CRA to tax on the postal packages. they said they don't have enough man power to tax on every package that enters canada. they are doing it by random.

just like cross border shopping. when you come back within 24 hours, you are supposed to get taxed on everything you bring back. but usually they won't tax you if you bring back a small amount of stuff. the cost of the paperwork and labour will be more than what they can collect.
    Last edited by sgreg; August 7, 2013 at 03:24pm.