Page 137 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3983

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    I haven't received them yet lol, as soon as I get them I'll let you know.

Normally only large packages from matty get hit with duty/taxes etc for me at least, but why I was so thrown off was cause this was a package sent from a person in the states, marked as a gift with a value of $64. It was just really strange to get nailed on that one. And what makes it even worse is the friggin handling fee for Canada Post is more then the actual taxes. I wouldn't care about paying the $8 in taxes, but why am I paying them a handling fee when they didn't even inspect the box, it's just ridiculous if you ask me. What can I do though lol.
    Your gift package was randomly picked for Customs because it was over the $60 threshold. Any package valued $20 & over can be randomly checked for Customs, and any gift $60 and over can be randomly checked too. Kinda like Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Anything over $20 is supposed to have customs and duty.
    Hey, don`t go scaring any potential subscribers. You`re making it sound like accruing Customs is an absolute, when it`s just random..........for the time being anyways...

So, my Icer arrived today. No Customs.
    NA He-man & Clamp Champ haven`t arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow, or I`ll have to start worrying that they`re held up in customs.

My Stonedar & Rokkon are supposed to arrive today via DHL, went out for delivery at 2:00, the tracking system says. First time using them. I hope they don`t arrive before 5, as I`m about to leave for a dentist appointment & I`m unsure what DHL does if there`s Customs & I`m not home to pay.

Heroic Warrior
    I see, thanks for clarifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for some odd reason, one of my EA boxes shipped from Dhl yesterday, It was out for delivery this morning at 10:30am and its still not here.

I still don't understand how DR shipping system works, I placed my two orders within minutes of each other, now I have one almost here and one not even shipped yet lol

Don't worry cax, DR doesn't know how the DR shipping system works, so there's no way any of us could figure it out.

....Good news, my NA He-man & Clamp Champ arrived today too without any customs. It was too big for my mailbox, so my neighbor held it for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know what time DHL delivers till? I need to go out soon but I don't wanna miss my package. Says it was out for delivery at 10:30am but still not here (5:15pm).

Dude...apparently my Icer arrived and also has a crazy customs charge. Wtf...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    That sucks - customs on one figure?

I got my Icer yesterday with no customs, but my NA He-Man/ Clamp champ got dinged for $12+. I got my Rock warriors yesterday too with DHL. Really weird to get those so fast, but I also paid $24 customs.

Still not sure what shipping method to use for the sub next year. I'm leaning towards the same ol' international post monthly....
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    That sucks - customs on one figure?
    Actually I think it's my fault and I may have accidentally picked DHL Express for my Rock Warriors.

Dammit!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Actually I think it's my fault and I may have accidentally picked DHL Express for my Rock Warriors.

Dammit!!!!!!
    the duty is on the rock warriors?

got my icer today, no duty on any of my stuff this month, yay!
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Heroic Warrior
    I got my first Dhl shipment tonight at 6:40 for two rock sets and the monster high doll, customs and taxes was $35. Next package should be just as bad lol

As I predicted yesterday, Icer arrived today.

I got everything today too (in 3 deliveries). Icer shipped separately: was the only thing that didn't get charged brokerage fees. I paid like an additional $40 for my figures today! he-man and clamp needed to be paid for in cash (which i didn't have so i had to let the postman take it away to the postoffice where i picked it up an hour later with my debit card) the postman has to take cash and the postoffice will not take credit card for these shipments???

DHL (the rocks and game figures) let me use my credit card! certainly the fastest digital river delivery i ever received!

Makes me wonder if it would be cheaper to have each figure shipped individually? kind of why i didn't choose combined shipping for 2014.

Shipping really sucks!

You can definitely use a credit card (but not a debit card) at the door when dealing with the post office regarding Customs.
    Sounds like the shipper had it marked as a C.O.D., and the package was checked off the "cash only" option for payment on a C.O.D., and in that instance the postman's hands are tied & must do what the shipper requested.

.......unless it wasn't marked as a C.O.D. cash only payment, then your postman was an idiot, because you can easily pay Customs with a credit card. If that's the case, then next time you should give your postman an earfull for making you go to a retail outlet for no reason at all. In fact, call (or email) CP's customer service call center to complain, that way it shouldn't happen again. (I mean the postman treating a Customs like a C.O.D. shouldn't happen again, if that is what happened)

Customs & C.O.D's are completely different animals, even if the C.O.D. is paying to cover the cost of Customs.

I'm really curious to find out what my Customs are going to be, and what the breakdown looks like for my Rock Warriors once they arrive via DHL. This will be what I base my final decision on regarding quarterly or monthly shipping. I'm fine with Customs & a $10 handling fee, but Customs, a $10 handling fee, and a crazy brokerage fee will **** me off & have me seriously considering sticking with monthly even though I've been heavily leaning towards quarterly ever since that option was announced.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I'm done with DHL. The last time I used it it took 2 weeks to get my shipment. This time they said they neded address information even though what they have is right. The only reason why I used them is cause it was cheaper for the Comic Con stuff. Never again.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

I received my DOS figures late last week
    and then my sub figures showed up on Tues (Clamp and NA He-Man) and Icer showed up yesterday.

Clamp Champ, NA He-Man and Icer all arrived yesterday with no customs fees.

I got my Icer today...which was mailed from a fellow orger, exactly one week ago with cheapo shipping.

Honestly, I'm surprised to see some people in here talking about subscribing...I hope the sub goes through and everything, but Canadian customers should send a message. I don't blame someone for wanting to subscribe, but in this case you know exactly what you're in for next year -- paying to be treated terribly as a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I got my Icer today...which was mailed from a fellow orger, exactly one week ago with cheapo shipping.

Honestly, I'm surprised to see some people in here talking about subscribing...I hope the sub goes through and everything, but Canadian customers should send a message. I don't blame someone for wanting to subscribe, but in this case you know exactly what you're in for next year -- paying to be treated terribly as a customer.
    what kinda message though? mattel knew what's going on with the Canadian shipping for a while now and they did nothing about it. this just means that the number of customers in Canada are not big enough for them to make any changes for us.

for me. i rather to get more figures than no figures at all. so i will get the sub for 2014 and hopefully 2015. when the time MOTUC comes to the end, that's the time i am done with Mattel.

Rokkon and Stonedar arrived today! ..... which stunned me .... i missed the early access thing, because the font on the ad the sent for teh EA was white and small, and i didnt notice it .... still my fault .... but i was forced to buy on the 5th with everyone else, and i thought they'd sell out in record time, so i was on at 9am PT click add to cart, and checkout as fast as i could ... and i think i ordered express shipping ... lol

TLDR; Was so excited to order comet warriors, i accidentally got express shipping.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Rokkon and Stonedar arrived today! ..... which stunned me .... i missed the early access thing, because the font on the ad the sent for teh EA was white and small, and i didnt notice it .... still my fault .... but i was forced to buy on the 5th with everyone else, and i thought they'd sell out in record time, so i was on at 9am PT click add to cart, and checkout as fast as i could ... and i think i ordered express shipping ... lol

TLDR; Was so excited to order comet warriors, i accidentally got express shipping.
    I think the comet warriors worth the express shipping. i have been waiting for them for 4 years. they are always my favorites from the vintage line.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    what kinda message though? mattel knew what's going on with the Canadian shipping for a while now and they did nothing about it. this just means that the number of customers in Canada are not big enough for them to make any changes for us.

for me. i rather to get more figures than no figures at all. so i will get the sub for 2014 and hopefully 2015. when the time MOTUC comes to the end, that's the time i am done with Mattel.
    If our numbers actually are insignificant, then it shouldn't matter if any of us subscribe...right? If they are significant enough to impact the sub numbers, then they are significant enough to fix the problems. If not, then to subscribe shows that all of the complaints we've hammered them with all year are meaningless, and that matty's actions are justified in their eyes.
    It's cheaper and MUCH faster to buy from the secondary market, and I've decided to go that route. To each their own--again I can't blame someone for subscribing at all, but the complaints about Canadian issues will be hollow next year for anyone who subscribes despite the problems they know will plague them. The only way to send a clear message is to vote with your wallet. Just my opinion.

Still no July figures for me. NOw Im a little worried

If our numbers actually are insignificant, then it shouldn't matter if any of us subscribe...right? If they are significant enough to impact the sub numbers, then they are significant enough to fix the problems. If not, then to subscribe shows that all of the complaints we've hammered them with all year are meaningless, and that matty's actions are justified in their eyes.
    i do think it is meaningless with all these complaints to mattel. they ignored the canadian (or even all the international) customers' posts most of the times on the matty forum. it would be naive to think that they will make any changes just because of all these complaints or we can change how these big companies do their business. is it right for mattel to treat the canadian customers this way? NO. IT IS NOT. but would they change because all the Canadian customers stop buying their product? i doubt they would make any change either. even all the subscribers stop buying, in their eye, it would be the customers for this line are gone, it is time to move on to something else that can make money. but that's just my opinion.

It's cheaper and MUCH faster to buy from the secondary market, and I've decided to go that route. To each their own--again I can't blame someone for subscribing at all, but the complaints about Canadian issues will be hollow next year for anyone who subscribes despite the problems they know will plague them. The only way to send a clear message is to vote with your wallet. Just my opinion.
    cheaper would be depended on which character. but i agree definitely faster.

Heroic Warrior
    My second order from EA came today, this was an expensive week as I had to order twice cause the EA thing was screwed up and said some items were sold out. In total shipping and customs cost me right around $150 for both orders. Ouch!