Page 142 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3937

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Our shipping logistics make my head spin. Thank God I chose quarterly DHL next year.

Widget
    Well I ordered two Sky Highs during EA and goofed on the shipping and picked DHL Express when I always pick International Post (to roll the dice in beating the customs). They arrived today at the additional cost of $28.11 C.O.D. $10.00 was a DHL "processing fee". Bah!

I really hope the Sweden International Post somehow sticks around next year, these C.O.D. fees are ridiculous.

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    No, you will also be charged $10 brokerage by DHL Global mail and the $4 COD fee - payable at the door with cheque or cash only. If the package is going to be charged customs, and almost everyone of the OCT WILL GET HIT, you still pay the $10 Borkerage to DHL Global Mail. - just not through DHL Express - but you will wait 3 weeks to pay the same amount.
    i hear what your saying but i'm international post.. it's always being shipped via Sweden. I've paid customs 1 time this year and no brokerage fees, i gather Oct will be different because of the size but the international for the most part is straight shipping no customs no fees

- - - Updated - - -

was checking old orders as i have them all archived from 2008 to present.

i had two figures shipped in 2012 international post for 8.95 in 2013 2 figures cost 21.70 international post.. that is more then a 100% increase....
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

OK last try....

Anybody go to a Canada Post locaction and ask to send a package. They ask you : Regular Parcel or Expresspost or Priority? They are all SHIPPING SERVICES offered by Canada Post.

Matty is doing the same thing when we order: DHL Express or International Post (DHL Global Mail)? They are both shipping services through DHL.

If the value is high enough with International Post (DHL GLobal Mail) then they treat it differently to charge taxes at your door otherwise if it is one figure we don't see that DHL has touched it.

Clear things up at all?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Hi,

So I tried changing my October order, took 1 day to request it via email, 1 day to ask for my credit card info, one day to sent to the escalation dept, and today I got an email confirming the change. Then got 3 emails saying my eternia/dc/filmation subscription has been cancelled. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    Hi,

So I tried changing my October order, took 1 day to request it via email, 1 day to ask for my credit card info, one day to sent to the escalation dept, and today I got an email confirming the change. Then got 3 emails saying my eternia/dc/filmation subscription has been cancelled. Is this normal?
    yes. they cancelled the original order then re-order with the new information.

Heroic Warrior
    OK last try....

Anybody go to a Canada Post locaction and ask to send a package. They ask you : Regular Parcel or Expresspost or Priority? They are all SHIPPING SERVICES offered by Canada Post.

Matty is doing the same thing when we order: DHL Express or International Post (DHL Global Mail)? They are both shipping services through DHL.

If the value is high enough with International Post (DHL GLobal Mail) then they treat it differently to charge taxes at your door otherwise if it is one figure we don't see that DHL has touched it.

Clear things up at all?
    I ordered Batros as they gave me a Mail on the Move number, the same bulk shipper they've used for years. If it was DHL I would have gotten a DHL number. And even DHL's slow service wouldn't take 3-4 weeks. And if every shipment was DHL, you would get charged a fee on every shipment.

ahhh okay, thanks sgreg. Its just weird I got 3 different email saying they cancel Castaspella, Shokoti, Fire, Huntress, Batros.....

I guess I'll ask them to change the shipping by to international post for november

master of hiphop
    so i wanted to get 4 boxes of the clamshells 38.95 shipping..

same price as 4 figures that weight 4 times the amount.. =Scam!!!!!! to much this Matty business

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    I ordered Batros as they gave me a Mail on the Move number, the same bulk shipper they've used for years. If it was DHL I would have gotten a DHL number. And even DHL's slow service wouldn't take 3-4 weeks. And if every shipment was DHL, you would get charged a fee on every shipment.
    Exactly.
    I got my Shokoti & Castaspella shipment the other day through international post. No customs fees & a Mail on the Move sticker on the box, under the Customs form label. No DHL emblem anywhere. So, unless DHL owns Mail on the Move............

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Croc-o-bite! View Post
    Exactly.
    I got my Shokoti & Castaspella shipment the other day through international post. No customs fees & a Mail on the Move sticker on the box, under the Customs form label. No DHL emblem anywhere. So, unless DHL owns Mail on the Move............
    I had asked the Matty VIP about this in June and this is what they told me:

"We apologize; however, we are not provided with the specific criteria that is used to determine if an International Post shipment goes DHL or Swedish Post. We have confirmed with our warehouse that Mail on the Move determines which carrier will be used based on the weight/cost of the order given the concerns raised earlier about customs fees. The orders being sent via DHL Global Mail should only be ones where Canadian Customs should charge a customs or duty fee."

It seems for International Post they use DHL if the items are larger and heavier. The single figure shipments still appear to use Swedish Post which escapes the taxes and C.O.D. I have asked them to use Swedish Post for all International Post shipments like they did for years but for whatever reason they now use DHL for the bigger shipments. I don't really expect to get anywhere in emailing them as I believe their minds are made up but I still do. I only hope Sweden still sticks around for 2014...

And as for the shipping price doubling this year I posted this at the start of the year on Mattycollector. It equates to a 329% increase!

June 2012 (Griffin, Horde Prime, Snake MAA) to Canada: $11.55 using International Post. January 2013 Early Access (Griffin & Horde Prime) to Canada. I think most importantly here is that this order was one less figure than the above order. International Post was $38.00 and DHL was $30.85). This is comparing apples to apples with one less apple even.

Nuts!

Widget
    Yeah, so when they do use DHL {it's not always} even when you select International Post, the package will have a DHL logo somewhere on the box.
    What shipping company do you know of that doesn't mention their own company name somewhere on the package that they're shipping?

Right, when they go to hand (international post) off...depending on the value it goes down one of two possible channels, if it needs customs it goes to DHL Global Mail, if not it goes throught the regular Sweeden! The value seems to be $50. Most orders under the $50 come through Sweeden, ALMOST everything over $50 goes by DHL Global Mail.

Some people are confused and think when the get DHL Gloabl Mail that their package wasn't sent by international mail...IT WAS...it is $50 or more value. It is NOT DHL Express!

My September package just arrived and it was via Global Mail aka DHL Global Mail. So, even when you pick Intl. Post, you still have a good chance of it being a DHL service.

Also, my package had $6 customs and $10 brokerage charge, so I ended up paying an additional $16 for the damn package. Since Matty has said next year all packages will arrive this way, you'll be paying customs on any month that has over 2 figures or a deluxe figure.

I'm about to call to change the rest of the year to DHL express.

My September item didn't arrive yet, but my JETSLED did, but I had to pay $16.64 for it! I ask canadapost, and they will only accept payment via cash, no check, credit card, nothing! Sigh. Good thing I set aside some change!

Quote Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
    My September item didn't arrive yet, but my JETSLED did, but I had to pay $16.64 for it! I ask canadapost, and they will only accept payment via cash, no check, credit card, nothing! Sigh. Good thing I set aside some change!
    I got my Sky Sled today as well - $16.62 due in cash - had to tell her to take it to the office and I would pick it up there, I can pay cc there and because Canada Post has to send the money to 3rd party DHL Global Mail since it is not them that are processing the customs.

So, then, the switch has already kinda begun. I assume that's how it'll be every month in 2014. Quarterly FTW!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

master of hiphop
    paid 16.64 cash to the post office/DHL.. this damn thing cost me 100 after it was all said and done.. Damn.. insane. i'm not sure how much longer i can go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    paid 16.64 cash to the post office/DHL.. this damn thing cost me 100 after it was all said and done.. Damn.. insane. i'm not sure how much longer i can go with this.
    With next years figures going up in price...a shippment with 2 figures will most likely get hit everytime...really glad they added the quarterly option...going to save even MORE!!!

OK so Sky High from EA has been arriving, but Batros from sub shipping has not shown up yet? I wonder how they pulled that one off?

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Yup, got hit with the exact same customs charge when I picked mine up today (arrived Friday, didn't have a chance to pick him up until today)
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

I got my Sky Sled today as well - $16.62 due in cash - had to tell her to take it to the office and I would pick it up there, I can pay cc there and because Canada Post has to send the money to 3rd party DHL Global Mail since it is not them that are processing the customs.
    at my post office they wouldn't take a cc for a customs payment.
    yeah this is getting ridiculous. i love motu but it's getting waay too expensive.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered 2 with a buddy and he got one and we just split the shipping and duties 3 ways and mine came out to about $74 each, still expensive but ordering together saved us a decent amount at least. I'll probably do the same for October with him for our extra items we want cause things are getting really pricey.

With next years figures going up in price...a shippment with 2 figures will most likely get hit everytime...really glad they added the quarterly option...going to save even MORE!!!

OK so Sky High from EA has been arriving, but Batros from sub shipping has not shown up yet? I wonder how they pulled that one off?
    My customs charge was on Batros and Comedian.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

YAY. Ok so someone has received the sub product for Sept...still cannot believe how big next month is!!!!! Fantastic!!!!

I plan on locking myself in my toy room when all the boxes from Matty arrive!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    To be perfectly fair in all of this, almost any shipment over $50 would be charged customs by Canada Post as well, at a comparable cost. That's probably why they figured it's better just to use DHL. If the end customer is going to be charged regardless, why not use the better service?

At least it's not the same customs charges as DHL Express.