Page 146 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3845

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Prime View Post
    So I Just received my October sub items renewal notice this morning.

I'd say thank GOD that DR is not in charge of any Emergency Response program.
    yep, this morning I got my filmation sub renewal.

Bad news Super Power Collectibles is closing.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 25, 2013 at 09:23am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    The payment probably hasn't been processed with your credit card company yet. I had a similar issue but not with Matty. some CCs it takes about two days to clear, others 5-7 business days. if you have the money and are anxious, go buy a canada post prepaid visa, load the appropriate funds on it switch your card to that on your matty account and have them process the order. Good news is the sell out doesn't include sub stock or customer service stock so you can still get the figures. (theoretically, with matty it's hard to trust)

then if you want to use your old card for Grayskull etc, just switch it back, or keep the prepaid for Matty and load the right amount of $$ on it before the sub processes. no bills to worry about, just a $3 charge each time you load it ($20 minimum) and $3 a month (that's how they make their money)

- - - Updated - - -

so happy I got in on that deal! I wanted to have a minimum of 14 troopers eventually, but thanks to mattel's under estimation that wil not be easy
    Well, I got that mess sorted out. Ends up there wasnt enough funds available on the card to start. And then DR tried authorizing the card a few times, so my bank thought it was fraud and locked the card. No wonder DR couldnt get anything on it even when I paid most of it off!

Anyways, just got the shipping notice for the Horde Trooper 2 Pack, Mantenna, Lord Dactus, and Nepthu, so they're on their way!

Really should've called my credit company first though when this mess started.

So I ask the customer service at Matty if my credit card was updated in preparation for Castle Grayskull. They said it wasn't, so I gave them all my credit card info, and specified shipping as regular shipping (since that was what my original order was). Then out of curiosity I ask them how much would DHL shipping, and specifically stated that this was just an inquiry. Several days later, they cancelled my CG, then reinstated it with DHL Express shipping. They are charging my $58.50. Is anybody getting charge the same amount? I'm just gonna go with DHL Express...even if I didn't ask for it

Standard shipping is supposed to be $87 for delivery in a few weeks...$58.50 is 24 hours...tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Standard shipping is supposed to be $87 for delivery in a few weeks...$58.50 is 24 hours...tough choice.
    Just remember, my experience is standard shipping you MIGHT get hit with customs. DHL you are GUARANTEED to get hit with customs/brokerage.

Got my October sub today!

My October sub came in too!

Horde Troopers
    Nepthu
    Lord Dactys
    Mantenna

$26.73 customs fees...

Widget
    I pre-ordered on day one and my shipping is listed as $37.85
    Should I expect an increase or do they have to honor my original invoice?

are these the final quote for shipping CG??

master of hiphop
    me too.. gotta love these customs charges
    and the shipping label stated express post.. i don't get it

side note.. i asked the lady at the 711 where my shipments go. i asked her....can you tell me why you can only pay cash and no other option.. she replies with " well it's COD, you can pay cash or Debit.. COD stands for Cash or Debit" i nearly fell over laughing... i said .. you mean Cash on Delivery... she says.. yeah and Cash or Debit..

my night was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    My October sub came in too!

Horde Troopers
    Nepthu
    Lord Dactys
    Mantenna

$26.73 customs fees...
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Where did you get the $87 cost? When I ordered my CG on the first day, they were charging me $70...but later on they said they will only charge $35 I think to reflect the lower shipping cost on the 2nd day of the sale.

Man really hate paying taxes on figures! A statue I ordered today arrive and I had to pay tax on it, plus the $10 handling fee Canadapost charge! I'd forgotten they charge for handling!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm getting hit with customs and taxes on Matty shipments more and more lately.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Got my October sub package today, it was not sent international post as I ordered last year, but via DHL. International Post means through the USPS, I am going to contact Matty to resolve this. I'm no fan of packages from Sweden (to say the least...) but getting charged brokerage fees every single time is unacceptable. I did not sign up for that and was not notified of a change. Not cool.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    Got my October sub package today, it was not sent international post as I ordered last year, but via DHL. International Post means through the USPS, I am going to contact Matty to resolve this. I'm no fan of packages from Sweden (to say the least...) but getting charged brokerage fees every single time is unacceptable. I did not sign up for that and was not notified of a change. Not cool.
    International post IS NOT USPS! Parcels from Matty are not sent USPS EVER to CANADA. They are going to tell you it went international post which IS DHL GLOBAL MAIL not DHL EXPRESS! (they use this for expensive items that are going to have duties and taxes added)

Ends up being a higher shipping rate and you still pay duties and taxes the same, and you wait 3 weeks.

This is what i get from matty regarding CG shipping cost....

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

The exact amount charged for your transaction, including any taxes or discounts, is accurately listed in the confirmation email sent at the time of the transaction and in the electronic invoice for the order.

Since we are unable to do a test order for the Castle Grayskull, we are unable to provide an estimated shipping cost using DHL.

The shipping amount on your order is $37.85 and International Post is the selected shipping method.

Sincerely,
    Marigel B.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    so i think i will stick with the slow shipping.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    International post IS NOT USPS! Parcels from Matty are not sent USPS EVER to CANADA. They are going to tell you it went international post which IS DHL GLOBAL MAIL not DHL EXPRESS! (they use this for expensive items that are going to have duties and taxes added)

Ends up being a higher shipping rate and you still pay duties and taxes the same, and you wait 3 weeks.
    Thanks for the info, and saving me from contacting Mattel. I now await my Early Access package to have the same nonsense applied. Honestly with this policy revealed I am firm in that I will not order anything from Mattycollector on day of sale ever again. Secondary market, here I come for all non-sub items. By the Gods I hate non-sub items...
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    This is what i get from matty regarding CG shipping cost....

so i think i will stick with the slow shipping.
    Yeah, I asked them also how much DHL express would be for CG, but instead of just giving me a quote, they change my order to DHL Express. They charge me $58.50 for DHL shipping. Its more expensive that the $35 slow shipping they promised me...but at this point, I'll just stick with the shipping method they gave me. I just wonder how much tax we will pay for this thing when it arrives! I'm thinking maybe $40-50? I remember paying $40 when the Legion set came out...and that one cost $200 from what I remember.

Heroic Warrior
    They can ship it however they want. They don't specify a courier, so they could ship with a different company every month if they wanted to. Retailers are in no way responsible for customs and brokerage. If you don't like it, stop buying product from the US.

That may sound harsh, but it's a reality of international purchasing. The only reason you don't always get charged with Canada Post is because they don't have the manpower and resources to process every single package that comes in. They tend to only target the higher value items. But in reality, every purchase from the US is supposed to be charged your appropriate provincial tax. Just be happy that toys don't have actual duty on them.

I just spoke with Matty about my CG order and they said that Old UPS economy was still an option for CG at $58.60. The same service they used to offer with UPS - with brokerage included! It will save $14 at the door as opposed to the COD fees that DHL applies and lower shipping than the $64.55 that DHL wants for their one day shipping.

Widget
    Thanks for the info, and saving me from contacting Mattel. I now await my Early Access package to have the same nonsense applied. Honestly with this policy revealed I am firm in that I will not order anything from Mattycollector on day of sale ever again. Secondary market, here I come for all non-sub items. By the Gods I hate non-sub items...
    It all depends on the size of the box/how much you are ordering on sale day. If you are only getting one or two regular sized figures, the shipping box is small enough that they use Mail On The Move while the package travels through the U.S. (if you choose International Post). The chances are rare you'll get hit with customs/duty/brokerage, because like Hoffman said, there just isn't enough manpower for Canada Customs to inspect every package crossing the border, so they focus on the big ticket items for the most part.

Any purchase made containing a large item like a beast, or a weapons pack, or three or more regular figures will be sent by DHL Global Mail (even if you picked International Post), like CanadaClassics said, and then you're getting guaranteed customs.

So you still can avoid extra fees, just as long as you're only buying two or less regular figures at a time.

Anything else & DHL is the cheaper, quicker option in the long run because they'll all be charged customs anyways (since DHL bypasses the inspection & automatically charges the assumed amount themselves).

Anyone get their October non-sub stuff yet? I'm still waiting on my Weapons Pack.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Anyone get their October non-sub stuff yet? I'm still waiting on my Weapons Pack.
    My weapons pak came around Wednesday of last week...no customs.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    My weapons pak came around Wednesday of last week...no customs.
    Same for me.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

I just got the weapons pack this morning! No tax! Really irritating why they can send small value items to Sweden, but choose to send big items via DHL global!

- - - Updated - - -

Just got the November stuff via DHL Express

I was checking my orders and I just realized that I haven't received Sky High with Jet Sled yet, and I ordered them back in the middle of September. Ordered via International Post, no tracking.

Am I screwed, or is there a chance it's just really late? Anyone get their stuff really late?

(If it indeed did get lost in the mail, this would be the first time that its ever happened.)
    Last edited by Panthor; November 15, 2013 at 03:00pm.