Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    HAHA thats what I was saying yesterday! Tomorrow would be a nice surprise for a pleasant TGIF though!
    Me too! got excited when I seen the big red truck pull in but it wasn`t for me, heres hoping for a TGIF present from Matty!!

All my regular post parcels took at least one month to arrive (Toronto) and some of them more.
    The only one I didn't pay customs on was King Grayskull over 1 year ago. The UPS customs charges are less than the Canada Post ones - they charge that flat $5 fee on top.

I switched to UPS for the trackability. I was worried, as some of my shipments got later and later that if they didn't show up and I called Matty the answer would be 'too bad you didn't choose a trackable method'.

The price of UPS sucks at 3 bucks more than the cost of the figure. But it's fast and it guarantees that it gets here.

i wasn't home when the he-ro was delivered to my house this morning.... going to pick the package up tomorrow morning. i forgot to change my shipping address to my work place, otherwise i would have it right now.

I'm from New Brunswick, for those that asked.

I've also only ever had to pay customs on parcels through UPS, and even then it usually depends on the shipper, have had to pay customs on any figures from Matty yet, but I've only been getting one at a time.

GR81 says:

I got mine on monday too and i am from montreal, Quebec.
    I dont collect MOTUC unfortunently, since i believe i spent already too much on motu (2002, stractions, etc).

But i still permit myself some figure like the exclusive ones i dont own in my collection, whatever the past line. Next one may be ScareGlow and/or Adora since they never came out in the 2002 line.
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I'm in Ottawa Canada and received my He-ro on Monday. What part of Canada do you live in? My guess is it's held up in customes cause you bought 2 figures.
    London Ontario .... near Toronto ... and i've only had to pay customs once ... and i always bought the same number of figures .... explain THAT.

Also i am happy to see it isnt JUST me .... if it was i'd be freaking out. I dont mind it taking a while to get to me, as long as i know it is coming. This ISNT my first order, i have everything from grayskull to Man-At-Arms on my shelf ... and i plan to buy them all, some in duplicate, and im a 2010 subscriber .... so matty isnt new to me ... thats why i was starting to freak out.

thanks for the fast and MANY replies. When you get them, please post here again. I want to know when i can expect mine, espically if you live in canada.
    Last edited by Stickfa; September 4, 2009 at 03:33am.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Widget
    That is normal as international post will take 4-6 weeks, its just due to the system of the chosen method, not Matty or Digital River. And the number of figs has nothing to do with it either.

I dont think there is a problem with Canada Post(CP) as I have had many things shipped to and from it. Actually I've used them all quite a bit-CP, USPS, FedEx, DHL and UPS and the different services they offer. FedEx ground and UPS ground are my least faves due to high brokerage fess. Items coming from the US I mainly use USPS express or airmail. Not a fan of the random inspections though as sometimes they will damage the item-luckily for me nothing has been damaged!

As for GST, it is random on smaller amounts-sometimes they charge sometimes they dont, especially coming through CP. Almost guarunteed with the other companies though-not sure why. Pacakges that come slower through CP like international post, ground mail, airmail etc are charged a $5 handling fee + GST, express is $8+ GST, though those fees may have gone up since its been a few months since Ive used them. But thats it-I have never been charged anything else.

As for MOTUC, I have always used UPS next day which so far has been awesome, more expensive yes, but it is trackable which to me far outweighs a package that is not and that will take 4-6 weeks to arrive, waiting and hoping it will show up and IMO a greater chance of it being damaged or lost with no recourse should a problem occur. All I am charged at the door is GST, which is usually around $3-$5 depending on how many I order. And as Whiplash mentioned, the only issue I have had has been that it has taken longer to get the shipment confirmation. For example 5 He-Ro's cost me $30 CND, 4 MAA $32 each, 3 tri-klops cost me $35 each delivered and he arrived on the 18th-so, three days to arrive.
    Last edited by Darth Boots; September 4, 2009 at 03:49am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    London Ontario .... near Toronto ... and i've only had to pay customs once ... and i always bought the same number of figures .... explain THAT.

Also i am happy to see it isnt JUST me .... if it was i'd be freaking out. I dont mind it taking a while to get to me, as long as i know it is coming. This ISNT my first order, i have everything from grayskull to Man-At-Arms on my shelf ... and i plan to buy them all, some in duplicate, and im a 2010 subscriber .... so matty isnt new to me ... thats why i was starting to freak out.

thanks for the fast and MANY replies. When you get them, please post here again. I want to know when i can expect mine, espically if you live in canada.
    Toronto here, I ordered 2 he-ro's (by mistake) the first arrived a week ago which was a lot faster than my usual experience (usually just under a month to get my figs) the second got here yesterday exactly a month later, I think MAA took longer than a month though, I just sit back aand relax, I almost always get the figure just before the new ones go live for sale.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Toronto here, I ordered 2 he-ro's (by mistake) the first arrived a week ago which was a lot faster than my usual experience (usually just under a month to get my figs) the second got here yesterday exactly a month later, I think MAA took longer than a month though, I just sit back aand relax, I almost always get the figure just before the new ones go live for sale.
    thanks for the reply ... although you're in Toronto, that isn't far from me, and i haven't seen a thing. You don't have tri-clops yet do you?
    Religion = The Horde

IM starting to wonder if my heros and egons got stolen. A shipment has never taken this long from Matty before. Tri clops should almost be here.

IM starting to wonder if my heros and egons got stolen. A shipment has never taken this long from Matty before. Tri clops should almost be here.
    Hmmm..... i feel with you ! How long you´re waiting for those ? 5 weeks ?
    I´m waiting since 8 weeks for my both MAA, maybe happened the same to them.
    I asked all .... Mattel, Mail On The Move, German Custom, DHL Germany.... unify their answer as " not our department ".
    Hope you will get your figs

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    thanks for the reply ... although you're in Toronto, that isn't far from me, and i haven't seen a thing. You don't have tri-clops yet do you?
    nope still waiting on Trike, I was hoping he'd come today but I don't really think i'll get him before friday.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Got my He-Ros/Egon today. $12.74 customs charge. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    Got my He-Ros/Egon today. $12.74 customs charge. :S
    Still waiting on my He Ro`s

Well mine actually ended up showing up yesterday. They came very late, around 4. Usually I'll get them around 10 AM. The box looked like it had been opened and I was charged bloody $18 customs. Oh well at least they have finally arrived. Beginning to think they were stolen.

As a side note I'm pretty sure all 6 of the ones I got are purple stones which is kind of odd.

Well mine actually ended up showing up yesterday. They came very late, around 4. Usually I'll get them around 10 AM. The box looked like it had been opened and I was charged bloody $18 customs. Oh well at least they have finally arrived. Beginning to think they were stolen.

As a side note I'm pretty sure all 6 of the ones I got are purple stones which is kind of odd.
    Whats even more unusual is when you get a package on a Sunday or Holiday. I`ve had a few delivered on Sunday`s but last year on Family day I got a package and it still wierds me out sometimes. Hoping mine arrive today as well!!

I have some extra red and green if you are interested.

I was thinking, perhaps it would be wise for some of us living close to pool our orders. Of course it wouldn't work for subscription items, but for bonus figures and rereleases it would. If you guys are waiting weeks and weeks with regular shipping, then why not order together via UPS for roughly the same price? I'm sure the UPS cost for several figures would be greatly reduced once split three ways.

What do you think?

Thanks for the offer. I was mainly after a purple for myself, 2 of them are for friends that I don't think care about the stone debacle, and the other 2 I will probably be selling at the pop culture fair if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    I have some extra red and green if you are interested.

I was thinking, perhaps it would be wise for some of us living close to pool our orders. Of course it wouldn't work for subscription items, but for bonus figures and rereleases it would. If you guys are waiting weeks and weeks with regular shipping, then why not order together via UPS for roughly the same price? I'm sure the UPS cost for several figures would be greatly reduced once split three ways.

What do you think?
    That actually may be a good I dea, Welcome by the way! Another fellow Edmontonian!!!

Court Magician
    I'm still waiting on my He-Ro and Egon as well. Hopefully it'll show up soon since these seem to be hitting a lot of Canadians now. It's been 22 shipping days for me today, not the most I've ever waited, but still getting kind of antsy about it.

Heroic Warrior
    This has forever bummed me out. I'm in Markham, Ontario for those keeping score.

When He-Man/Beast Man came out it took about 4 weeks, each release after that got longer and longer to an almost unbareable 6-week-wait at one point! But I was a cheapskate, it only cost $8 shipping and I couldn't justify spending twice the amount of a figure for faster shipping. When they arrived I never paid duties/taxes - but the waiting game killed me. I don't need instant gratification (all the time) but the shipping times are getting stupid.

So I experimented with Man-At-Arms and picked the fastest/most expensive shipping method - he got here in 2 days flat. I admit that was going overboard on price, but I had to find out how the service was.

Since then I've opted for the $23 shipping - middle ground - and yes I am basically paying double the price of a figure, but it comes within a week. I can live with that. Considering I have no intention of getting Green Goddess, Randor, Adora, Scareglow, etc. I can afford the $43/month whenever I do buy (although Feb 2010 will kill me with Battle Cat, Stands, and Trapjaw!).

Oh and because it's UPS you're almost gauranteed a brokerage fee. The UPS guy knows me now and tells me it's stupid how these guys charge an extra $2-5 brokerage fee. According to him it costs more to print out the paper and stick it in that plastic envelope on the box ha!

Three weeks seems to be pretty standard with me, got my Tri-Klops today. No other fees.

Agreed! what the heck is going on? ... and not only that, stuff I sold on ebay still hasn't reached it's buyers and its been like 5 weeks since i sent it. I have them pulling their $$$ on paypal! .... what the crap.

and on top of that, what's with buying MotU figures 1 month getting them fast, no customs, and then you buy LESS, they take 1 1/2 weeks longer, and you owe 18 dollars to customs .... like jesus .... this is annoying the hell out of me.
    Religion = The Horde

In happier news I found out today it is quite easy to change your shipping address on the subscriptions. I just phoned in and they took care of it with me on the phone.

Now whether they go to the right address or not is another story...

Just glad I could actually change it, because the 09 sub said you would not be given the option to change addresses when we signed up.

you want to trade a purple stone for a green one I have a loose green staff as well as a mib green stone he-ro. LMK.

EDIT crap I read your follow up post after posting this

Fear is faith in failure