Page 20 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Slightly off topic, but I received my Justice Guild figures today. Cheap shipping, no duties. Ordered the same day most people ordered their Trap Jaws.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

I looked in the UK thread and it seems people there were receiving their trap jaws the same time as you guys. And here I thought there had maybe been an improvement.

I ordered Moss Man from ebay, I will let you know if I get it before the matty deliveries start to arrive.

Heroic Warrior
    Got TrapJaw this morning. He's absolutely amazing.

I`m still waiting for Trap Jaw and Battle Cathopefully this week!!

i've gotten 1 out of 2 for my TJ sub's

Trap Jaw (wow, the 4h killed this one!) and MAA both arrived on friday (separate orders too), still waiting for Battle Cat! It shipped 4 days later so should be here anyday.

I'll be interested to see if I get a customs hit on Battle Cat. I've been ordering singles and they come right to my box, shipping each fig separately is still cheaper than the $10 and up customs I've been paying for 2 figures in one order.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BustaJesse View Post
    Any Canadians get MAA or BC yet via cheap shipping?

I am still waiting, I am hoping they show up next week.
    My MAA arrived on Thursday.

any TRU exclusive 2 packs in Canada yet? ... the Canadian 2 pack thread was locked for some reason.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain-man View Post
    I'll be interested to see if I get a customs hit on Battle Cat. I've been ordering singles and they come right to my box, shipping each fig separately is still cheaper than the $10 and up customs I've been paying for 2 figures in one order.
    I got hit for a $15 customs charge for Battle Cat today, and he's damaged which means I'll have to call Matty about an exchange. Which means I'll probably get hit for another $15 on the replacement. That's $30 extra tacked onto my Battle Cat. He's going to be the most expensive MOTUC I own by far.

Got my Trap Jaw today, post office actually got him yesterday but I had to wait for the card in my box. Maybe this is a fluke, but its about a week sooner than normal.

i got my Trap Jaw last Friday. Incredible figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I got hit for a $15 customs charge for Battle Cat today, and he's damaged which means I'll have to call Matty about an exchange. Which means I'll probably get hit for another $15 on the replacement. That's $30 extra tacked onto my Battle Cat. He's going to be the most expensive MOTUC I own by far.
    What was wrong with it?

Still waiting for my figs.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

still no Battle Cat in Brampton, folks.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

moss-man should be here on friday for me
    UPS shipping

I got Trap Jaw and Battle Cat from an Orger last week and still got dinged for 11 bucks CAD...not too bad, it just caught me off guard from a private sale...

master of hiphop
    sometime to get around that is to have the person that is sending to mark as "GIFT" with a low value ie:20 seems to be the magic number, you won't get hit with custom fees.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    sometime to get around that is to have the person that is sending to mark as "GIFT" with a low value ie:20 seems to be the magic number, you won't get hit with custom fees.
    Yeah it was marked as a gift...I think customs just opened it to check it out...the shipping box was resealed with their customs yellow tape...I think it was just one of those things...

Well I got Battle Cat today. The thing is, they put $80 for the value!!! Really?? It's supposed to be $30, not $80. And it's not just messy writing, that was meant to be an 8, not a 3. So for that I get slapped with $15.66 customs fee. Awesome

anyone get mossman yet, or am i just being over eager?
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Court Magician
    Maybe over eager LOL, I still don't have my battle cats yet but my order for Stratos will be here soon because I did UPS this time, no more cheap shipping for me, I don't care if I get hit with duty & taxes, with no way to track & such a long wait, cheap way means CRAP LOL, I will pay for UPS rather then cheap mail again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    anyone get mossman yet, or am i just being over eager?
    I decided to use UPS this time for my Moss Men (still waiting on Trap Jaw from last month via snail mail ). It's well worth the extra $10 or so for the expedited shipping as they should be here by lunchtime according to UPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Well I got Battle Cat today. The thing is, they put $80 for the value!!! Really?? It's supposed to be $30, not $80. And it's not just messy writing, that was meant to be an 8, not a 3. So for that I get slapped with $15.66 customs fee. Awesome
    That sucks dude, now i'm kinda wishing I had checked what mine said. You can probably get some of that back, since the invoice they sent with it should have the correct amount listed. I remember a long time ago i got a package that was worth about $15 that was marked as $150, took some forms and some calls i think, but it got sorted out.

Just took receipt of my Moss Men . Ordered Monday, shipped Wednesday and arrived Friday (I'm liking this UPS shipping method already). My only charge was for tax, a total of $7.83 (not too bad really).

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    That sucks dude, now i'm kinda wishing I had checked what mine said. You can probably get some of that back, since the invoice they sent with it should have the correct amount listed. I remember a long time ago i got a package that was worth about $15 that was marked as $150, took some forms and some calls i think, but it got sorted out.
    Yeah, I read the back of the label and it says I can get the difference back if they put the wrong value. I calculated it and I would get back about 6 bucks (taking into consideration the price of a stamp). I was on the fence about even bothering with it, but now I think I'll do it. I just got Trap Jaw this morning and had to pay another $7.67 for him, so that's a total of $23.33 in customs/taxes. The six bucks will take some of the bite out of that.

I really hope they put the value of Evil Lyn/Wundar as $20 instead of $40. Afterall, we're not officially paying for Wundar (we paid a subscription fee, but it was not officially for Wundar).

By the way, for those of you counting at home: I got Battle Cat a few days before my sub Trap Jaw. So much for those being sent out earlier.

Court Magician
    UPS IS THE WAY TO GO! Got my Stratos today, ordered on the 15th came today on the 19th, 4 DAYS!! now that is what I am talking about. I also got a notice to go pic up my battle cats & I got hit with $22 for 2 of them & it took 5 weeks to arrive with slow mail, I only got hit with $7 for 3 Stratos figures from UPS.
    Good day today!