Page 21 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

GOT Stratos and Mossman Today - UPS definately is a good thing. LOVE THE SMELL !

I am still waiting for Battle Cat / Trap Jaw and Stands.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

So I have a question now. For us Canadians, does using UPS automatically save us from having to pay customs charges? I'm thinking about how I want future non-subscription orders to ship, especially big items like Gygor.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
    So I have a question now. For us Canadians, does using UPS automatically save us from having to pay customs charges? I'm thinking about how I want future non-subscription orders to ship, especially big items like Gygor.
    yes, you just pay taxes. So a bigger item like gygor will cost like 30 dollars (if i remember correctly) so you pay like 4 dollars at the door for tax because they label it as a 30 dollar value. If they labeled say, titus, as a 60 dollar value obviously you pay more, but never customs.

1 think though, is that through UPS as it comes accross the border, your goods get looked at. IE i opened my battle cat to find the box has been sifted through and tape had been cut to make sure that battle cat wasnt drugs or something. Those are some clever and fairly nerdy drug dealers if you ask me!

"Lets hide it in the wheel well!"
    "Man that takes so long, just put it in a box and label it Megatron, they'll never look"
    "See, that's why you're the head of the cartel!"

Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    1 think though, is that through UPS as it comes accross the border, your goods get looked at. IE i opened my battle cat to find the box has been sifted through and tape had been cut to make sure that battle cat wasnt drugs or something. Those are some clever and fairly nerdy drug dealers if you ask me!

"Lets hide it in the wheel well!"
    "Man that takes so long, just put it in a box and label it Megatron, they'll never look"
    "See, that's why you're the head of the cartel!"

Thanks, though I shudder to think what the forums at the Masters of the Drug Mules site is like.

"Waah, waah! My cocaine-filled Moss Man has got flocked ears! Waah, waah!"
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    screw this slow mail... I still haven't got my ba he-man...got lost in the mail apperently...i emailed someone at matty and am getting another order sent out which is nice...got a confirmation that it was sent out just the other day...

I'm definately going with ups for my 2011 sub...i dont' care if its more for shipping...i pay out my butt for customs so whats another 10 or 15 dollars to get them faster and safer.

i'm really thinking of getting the ups shipping for my sub next yr..
    also will probably use it for the rest of this yr for the bonus figures

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
    Thanks, though I shudder to think what the forums at the Masters of the Drug Mules site is like.

"Waah, waah! My cocaine-filled Moss Man has got flocked ears! Waah, waah!"
    "What the hell!? this battle cat box has a battle cat in it!"
    Religion = The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg88 View Post
    i'm really thinking of getting the ups shipping for my sub next yr..
    also will probably use it for the rest of this yr for the bonus figures
    I'm with you man...i'm so sick of getting my shipping confirmation for one month and still not recieving my previous months figure....I need them to come faster to help my motu fix....haha..i'm addicted

UPS is decent in speed but for the Calgary area it's costing me $32 shipping for three subs and that doesn't include whatever they charge me at the door randomly each month (I have a double sub and my friend has a sub that ships to my place and he picks it up).

I was contemplating going the other way with the cheap-o shipping until I read some of this thread...:S

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Got Battle Cat today, at last.

Had to pay $15 to Canada Post, though.

Still waiting for Battle cat and Trap Jaw in Edmonton

Heroic Warrior
    Just talked to my wife and she said that Battle-Cat and Man-At-Arms showed up today. So they've hit the Lower Mainland guys...

Got Battle Cat today and the package was valued at $80 like so many other international customers. Customs wrote that it was an article of clothing when the green slip clearly states it's an action figure, guess there's a lack of attention to detail on both sides of the border.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Battle Cat finally arrived today, along with a customs charge of $11.09. Value has been declared at $50.74. Whats with all the random values?

Battle Cat and TJ and bunch of the stands arrived today, $13.06 due. The green slip had toys, but $43.00 for value. There was well over $100.00 inside. Thank Yon Digital River!

And a side note, $5.00 of every Canada Post charge, is a fee from Canada Post to charge US the duty on the package!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

the next WFWTK someone needs to ask about the values ... cuz that's crazy. Everything should be labeled 20 dollars, no matter what it will save them time, and us money. It makes no sense that you can ship an item from 1 side of America to the other, but the minute they cross an imaginary line in the sand, I owe an extra 15 dollars.
    Religion = The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Highway View Post
    Just talked to my wife and she said that Battle-Cat and Man-At-Arms showed up today. So they've hit the Lower Mainland guys...
    Nice! Good to know! I used to live in Abbotsford, and Mission at one time back years ago. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    I'm with you man...i'm so sick of getting my shipping confirmation for one month and still not recieving my previous months figure....I need them to come faster to help my motu fix....haha..i'm addicted
    Heh, I don't know, I kinda got comfortable into that routine. I order a figure on matty and usually that week I get a brand new figure. It takes me a minute to remember who it is, so I get a little extra shock value when I see it

I think I might stick with the cheap-o shipping and roll the dice with customs. Sometimes I don't get charged anything, so it kind of evens out with the times that I do.

One question: If you order one figure with the cheap shipping, it's $8.95. How much is it with UPS?
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Widget
    Got my battlecat and stands today - in Burnaby - and no taxes or custom charges to boot!

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    the next WFWTK someone needs to ask about the values ... cuz that's crazy. Everything should be labeled 20 dollars, no matter what it will save them time, and us money. It makes no sense that you can ship an item from 1 side of America to the other, but the minute they cross an imaginary line in the sand, I owe an extra 15 dollars.
    I'm not sure they can legally declare an item has a lower value than it actually has. They're a company, not just some eBay seller declaring this value or that value. They have all sorts of paperwork, they report to tax agencies, etc. They can't just start slapping fake values on packages just to accomodate foreign buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Heh, I don't know, I kinda got comfortable into that routine. I order a figure on matty and usually that week I get a brand new figure. It takes me a minute to remember who it is, so I get a little extra shock value when I see it

I think I might stick with the cheap-o shipping and roll the dice with customs. Sometimes I don't get charged anything, so it kind of evens out with the times that I do.

One question: If you order one figure with the cheap shipping, it's $8.95. How much is it with UPS?
    I hate seeing those custom charges...i got nailed on everyone but zodak...at least 15 dollars a pop for customs...(I got 3 subs)

I might try buying a few bonus figs with ups to see if theres much financial difference before I do my 2011 sub in ups...but i'm pretty sure i'll go ups just for the speed

Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    I'm not sure they can legally declare an item has a lower value than it actually has. They're a company, not just some eBay seller declaring this value or that value. They have all sorts of paperwork, they report to tax agencies, etc. They can't just start slapping fake values on packages just to accomodate foreign buyers.
    they all have random values on them anyways..... that's the very problem we're having .... write whatever you want in your books, but pick a single price for you items. Either battle cat is 30 dollars, or he's not. Not sometimes 32.45 other times 41.50 .... it's to declare what inside, not what it cost them to ship it.
    Religion = The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Still waiting for Battle cat and Trap Jaw in Edmonton
    Got my box of Sub TJ's, and Case of Battle Cats and Stands last night. Looks like I finally got mine before you haha! If things play out the way they used to for us you'll have all yours in a couple more weeks! This shipping is rediculous!

I have to say this was the best month of MOTUC yet thought! Love TJ and BC! Undecided on the stands so far.

I think I'm going to try UPS for Tytus. I don't to risk the stupid customs charge on 40$ US.

finally received my battle cat and man-at-arms today. had to pay $10.36 for duty. but i think i will use UPS from now on. the cheap shipping is way too slow.