Page 44 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 4013

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    i am wondering is mattel going to use the bubble envelop from now on after all the problem that most people are having.

did they address this issue at all?

i was trying to find the answer from the matty forum but all the posts regarding the damage caused by the bubble envelop have no reply from toyguru or anyone from mattel.
    I think they pooled their collective genius and found a way to keep shipping us our toys without charging us more. It doesn't surprise me that they dont have any replies to it .... they are probably still trying to figure out how to solve it.

Their solution only caused more problems ....
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Didn't TG recently say that they were switching back to their original shipping company? Or am I mistaken? Perhaps that transition just hasn't happened yet?

My Catra also arrived in a bubble mailer. Haven't had a chance to open it yet, though.

My Catra arrived today in a bubble mailer.

There was mild damage done to the white box where obviously something heavy sat on it. The card bubble is SLIGHTLY damaged, but it's nothing I would complain about very much. The white mailer got damaged more than the figure packaging did.

I really want these being shipped in boxes again.

Got my non sub to Winnipeg today. In a box
    On Twitter @DualHares

Catra Arrived today in the bubble mailer as well. She wasnt damaged in any way, so i dont really mind so far. I dont know how well this would work for multiple items though.

london ont
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Warrior
    Got my two catras yesterday in a box, shipping seems to be taking a little longer than it did before the shipping change.

Non-sub Catra arrived today. Bubble envelope, white mailer and figure in perfect condition. Took two weeks plus a day to get here. That's pretty good. Tillsonburg, Ontario...

Got my non-sub Catra today too, in Toronto, no duties, in a padded envelope instead of brown cardboard mailer. Better than last month's big potato sack.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

My Catra was destroyed in the new bubble mailer.

MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    My Catra was destroyed in the new bubble mailer.
    Are you a MOC collector? If you are, I'm sorry to hear it.

Monday got Green Man in the bubble pack in Winnipeg, the white mailer had 4 rounded corners, but the package wasn't so bad. Ripped it open right away though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    Are you a MOC collector? If you are, I'm sorry to hear it.
    Luckily, I open all my figures.. so the damaged blister card is no big deal for me. I'm just glad the figure was alright. Her sword is a bit bent but that's ok.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Recieved my non sub she-ra yesterday...and no catra sub....

Whats up with that?

my she-ra came in a bubble envelope with no damage.

Catra came today, but in a regular box rather than the bubble mailer. What's up with that?
    Nice figure, everything is in order and the quality is great.

So how many people here are taking a chance with the rolling Canada post strike come June 15 (assuming that the strike isn't going full scale for the foreseeable future)? I don't like paying extra for UPS, even if I do get in the fraction of the time, so if rolling strikes are going to delay things for a week or two, I think I'm okay with that.

A full-scale strike, on the other hand, I'll pay for the courier.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
    So how many people here are taking a chance with the rolling Canada post strike come June 15 (assuming that the strike isn't going full scale for the foreseeable future)? I don't like paying extra for UPS, even if I do get in the fraction of the time, so if rolling strikes are going to delay things for a week or two, I think I'm okay with that.

A full-scale strike, on the other hand, I'll pay for the courier.
    ya im taking my chances with this and ebay..... otherwise ill have it all sent to my po box in america and go get it .... still ends up being cheaper.
    Religion = The Horde

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm going to take my chances with the June sale day.
    These rolling strikes seem pretty pointless IMO, only slowing things down either a day or two. Seems like this would really only affect next day deliveries with a 12pm guarantee.
    ...As long as things don't get worse by the time the stuff on sale June 15th crosses the border, I'm hoping I'll be OK.

Looks to me like the union is trying to weasel out of paying their membership strike pay by only doing 24 hour strikes (or 48 hours if it falls on a weekend) at a time in any given place. As long as that philosophy stays in place, I think it'll be worth the gamble to try to get Faceless One & Battle Ground Teela this month.
    ...and no big deal if it takes a day or two longer than it already takes. When we have to wait about a month anyways, what a couple more days?

Also, I'm kicking myself for passing on Catra last month because of the possible Canada Post strike, so that's factoring into my decision making.

Maybe I'll be lucky and improve to 50% with my predictions & not go 0 for 2.

Heroic Warrior
    I think I'm just going to take my chance, sale date isnt for another 8 days, who knows the strike could be over by then. If not.. then I'm sure my package will eventually get to me. If its late then think about it this way, June and July figures will be really close together! Gives me a little extra time to find somewhere in my display for the new figures.

I think we should all write letters to CUPW and Canada Post warning them that if there's a mass strike, Castle Grayskull will be left without a new Sorceress and the Snake Men will have won. That should get them back to the bargaining table.

Heroic Warrior
    I think we should all write letters to CUPW and Canada Post warning them that if there's a mass strike, Castle Grayskull will be left without a new Sorceress and the Snake Men will have won. That should get them back to the bargaining table.
    Absolutely Hilarious! hahahaha

omg, something just occured to me .... if they pay the postal workers more, that will directly influence the price of shipping, and thus i will have to pay MORE then canadian rates are already DOUBLE what american rates are!

Cuz you know ... paying employees out of your pocket is impossible .... you have to take it from the customer, because not sprinkling gold leaf flakes on your cereal in the morning is what makes life worth living.

Companies in Canada (and america i assume) treat their workers like garbage, for minimum wage, and then when they demand more, and the whole system shuts down, buddy in his mansion is like WELL ... guess I gotta charge more. What the crap is that about, we are all people here .... your workers are making YOU rich, your owe it to them to make their lives comfortable as well..... not technically, but as a decent human you do.

Grinds my gears that buddy working the hot stove in mcdonalds, doing a job NO ONE wants, gets almost nothing to do it. You pick an random mcdonalds and pay them all $30 an hour, i'd bet you'd be amazed that stealing goes down, quality, speed and profit goes up and employee turnover rate is like 1%.

Just as a social experiment ....

anyways ... ya .... I dont wanna pay more for shipping, but I do think they should get paid more, thus I want money from rich people at the top to be the buffer. /endrant

= )
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Haha. Interesting read stickfa.

I got my sub catras today. All in descent shape and without the original burst so that makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Haha. Interesting read stickfa.

I got my sub catras today. All in descent shape and without the original burst so that makes me happy.
    lol thanks.... it's true though. Businesses can make like 5 billion in a year, like Wal-Mart, or Home Depot etc. and then a month goes by where they do less profit than expected and its TIME TO CUT HOURS! .... punishing the workers for something they have nothing to do with. Meanwhile your whole life is sold to this company for just barely enough to scrape by on .... it's disgusting and wrong.

There is a CEO in Japan that owns an airline, that sold his house, and lives in an appt., and gave himself a pay cut, a drastic one, because he wanted all of his workers to have comfy lives. He didnt think it was fair to live so well while those who made him the money struggle. He takes the bus to work .... and to me it was like HELL YA, that dude is amazing. That is one decent human being right there.

another one was a 70 year old Japanese man saying that they should send him and other seniors in to clean up the radiation from the nuclear plants that failed, because the effects of the radiation give you cancer and kill you in 30+ years ... and hes like "I dont have that long anyways" .... like OMG Japan ... you guys rock.

Then you type Japanese Anime into google and its like WHAT .... THE ... CRAP ... IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. lol
    Religion = The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Then you type Japanese Anime into google and its like WHAT .... THE ... CRAP ... IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. lol
    I know ... why the hell is Pokemon still around??!

I know ... why the hell is Pokemon still around??!
    lol ... that's EXACTLY what I meant.
    Religion = The Horde