Page 62 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4008

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    oh okay, im cool with that. I'd rather just be charged for the whole thing, but whatever. As long as I know they have my sub, and im getting my figs this year.

agreed... i too got my sub notice and shipping notice but nothing for Demo man or BG... so... hope they arrive sometime
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    agreed... i too got my sub notice and shipping notice but nothing for Demo man or BG... so... hope they arrive sometime
    I didn't get my shipping notice for demo man and BGEL either. but TG said matty is shipping them after the star sisters, so hopefully soon.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Should I be worried I don't have my windraiders yet?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Should I be worried I don't have my windraiders yet?
    If you ordered them with Demo-man i wouldnt worry as they probably havent shipped yet. But if you didnt order them with Demo-man then i would start to worry in a week or two. I think most of us have all had shipments that took a month and a half to get to us.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Got my shipping notices for both my December and January Subs today.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Alright, I got my Star Sisters sub shipment confirmation. Still no DM or BGEL.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

ya, no Demo-Man or BGEL ... really annoying. I want Demoman so bad too, he was one of the figures i looked forward to the most when i saw him at sdcc. So of course he takes forever to get here.

I want Fisto more than ANYTHING, so i guess that means he'll show up some time in 2013
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Okay FINALLY got my shipping notice for Demo-Man and Evil-Lyn (sub). If things work out right, I'll get Star Sisters and those two on the same day.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Okay FINALLY got my shipping notice for Demo-Man and Evil-Lyn (sub). If things work out right, I'll get Star Sisters and those two on the same day.
    Received my shipping notice last night as well. FINALLY!

Woke up to my shipping notice for DM/EL/WR/Vigo. No shipping notice for this month's order though.

My wind raiders finally came with a 30 dollars custom charge. oh well. At least they are here. I also received my demo-man/bgel shipment notice yesterday. All is right in my motuc world once again. Muwahahaha. I also got my shipping notice for the star sisters

wow, all at once hey? That's pretty awesome.

I haven't received my official Demo-man/BGEL shipping notice, but I did get the second charge for the star sisters, so that's cool. I really want Demoman though .... so .... still waiting on that.
    Religion = The Horde

Got my shipping notice for non-sub Demo-Man, Battleground Evil Lyn & Wind Raider this morning...my card has also been charged...Can't believe they are FINALLY on their way!

master of hiphop
    yep got mine too.. Demo and BG are also on the way.. you know it would have been nice if they shipped it all together with starsisters to save on shipping as they shipped 4 days apart from eachother.. ahhh well..
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I already received my Star Sisters packs today in the afternoon. Also today got shipping notification for December order. I am still waiting to get notification for the Panthor I bought on Jan 17th.

has EVERYONE received their Demoman shipping notices? .... cuz i still havent. And the star sisters showed up already for Stevan ..... thats CRAZY.

I feel like i need to be calling DR ....
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Warrior
    I got shipping notices for everything so far Star Sisters sub, Demo-man/BGEL sub, and RTBY Peter purchased on the 17th.

Nothing has shown up yet though.

Widget
    Does anyone know how the Canada custom's charges work...I've bought stuff on Mattys and spent anywhere from $80-$150 and not incurred any custom's fees then last week I spend $50 and I get a bill...Not to sound ungrateful for not getting charge on the other shipments but why did they pick that amount to charge???

Mostly it's random. Used to be if the declared value was over $20, you'd get dinged. Now, who knows. I've had customs charges on one figure, but no charges on 6 figures.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    Mostly it's random. Used to be if the declared value was over $20, you'd get dinged. Now, who knows. I've had customs charges on one figure, but no charges on 6 figures.
    Thanks for the answer!

ya we had this discussion a few pages back, and we came to the same conclusion. It's totally random, and totally lame. Im 1 hour away from michigan, but crossing that invisible line in the sand costs me 40 bucks? .... same products, same tv, same commercials, same businesses, same music ... we're just a little more polite and dont have such a high opinion of ourselves, and for that i pay extra? ... silly.

I got something in the mail finally! .... star sisters? .... nah, demoman? bgel? nope .... my peter with taxi ghost? get outta here ....... the Icarius and Ray with Slime Blower that I didnt order, I phoned them I told them I didnt order, I didnt want and I wasnt charged for .... you bet!

So now i have an extra icarius mint in sealed mailer if anyone is interested......
    Last edited by Stickfa; January 30, 2012 at 02:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde

Hi, I'm extremely new here, but I've been battling customs for 9 years through eBay transactions and hope to share some experiences to get closer to the magical process of international customs.

I believe it's mostly random too, but there are some trends I have noticed that may get the custom dudes raise their eyebrows at specific packages:

1) Size of the package (lol... unintentional) - While some of my small parcels do get dinged with a fee, the ratio of small packages getting hit with customs vs. big packages is significantly smaller. My worst custom charges usually come from big bulks of action figures in a giant box. I think big parcels would probably be an easy target to be opened up and get processed.

2) Declared value and Description of the item - The CBSA officers may get frisky with your parcel if the declared value is high and/or if the description is of something that sounds expensive. My gf occasionally buys antique lockets and other jewellery, and although it is impossible to appraise its actual value, they still are able to come up with a, usually ridiculous, value. Also, the fact that it is labelled as "antique locket pendant" probably doesn't help either. Oh, and forget about sending loose figures. They'll charge you for that as well. Personally, when I send my buyers their product I always try to describe my parcel as generic as possible; if I was selling a game I would label it as "DVD", a MOTUC figure "toy", a Casio vintage watch "Accessory". Technically, it's not a lie and I never get complaints from my buyers about any customs.

I also believe the declared value plays a role as well. You can put relatively safe money that the higher the declared value the higher the chance they'll open up your package. Labelling it as a false, small value also has some disadvantages, especially for us Canadians selling to other countries, as our regular parcel automatically gets covered up to $100. If you declare the value low and the product gets lost, your buyer will only get the amount declared, so I try my best to give an accurate value.

Again, I don't think any of these factors apply all the time. There are a handful of experiences where I don't receive any hiccups with my shipped stuff, but when they do happen I do notice these trends.

Oh and I would also like to add that we are pretty lucky MattyCollector does not force us to use the UPS/FedEx/DHL shipping methods. Those are the worse as they have their own customs/brokerage fee on top of the regular customs fee. The bill can be staggering, especially from FedEx, who will pay for your customs fee automatically, charge you a fee for them paying off your customs fee, AND as a bonus, their very own brokerage fee.

I once had to pay $60 to Fed Ex for a watch I bought for $30 off of Squiggly.com... don't make the same mistake :\
    Last edited by misterzaku; January 30, 2012 at 02:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    has EVERYONE received their Demoman shipping notices? .... cuz i still havent. And the star sisters showed up already for Stevan ..... thats CRAZY.

I feel like i need to be calling DR ....
    I recieved mine about two weeks ago. Did you recieve it since your last post or did you call dr?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzaku View Post
    Hi, I'm extremely new here, but I've been battling customs for 9 years through eBay transactions and hope to share some experiences to get closer to the magical process of international customs.

I believe it's mostly random too, but there are some trends I have noticed that may get the custom dudes raise their eyebrows at specific packages:

1) Size of the package (lol... unintentional) - While some of my small parcels do get dinged with a fee, the ratio of small packages getting hit with customs vs. big packages is significantly smaller. My worst custom charges usually come from big bulks of action figures in a giant box. I think big parcels would probably be an easy target to be opened up and get processed.

2) Declared value and Description of the item - The CBSA officers may get frisky with your parcel if the declared value is high and/or if the description is of something that sounds expensive. My gf occasionally buys antique lockets and other jewellery, and although it is impossible to appraise its actual value, they still are able to come up with a, usually ridiculous, value. Also, the fact that it is labelled as "antique locket pendant" probably doesn't help either. Oh, and forget about sending loose figures. They'll charge you for that as well. Personally, when I send my buyers their product I always try to describe my parcel as generic as possible; if I was selling a game I would label it as "DVD", a MOTUC figure "toy", a Casio vintage watch "Accessory". Technically, it's not a lie and I never get complaints from my buyers about any customs.

I also believe the declared value plays a role as well. You can put relatively safe money that the higher the declared value the higher the chance they'll open up your package. Labelling it as a false, small value also has some disadvantages, especially for us Canadians selling to other countries, as our regular parcel automatically gets covered up to $100. If you declare the value low and the product gets lost, your buyer will only get the amount declared, so I try my best to give an accurate value.

Again, I don't think any of these factors apply all the time. There are a handful of experiences where I don't receive any hiccups with my shipped stuff, but when they do happen I do notice these trends.

Oh and I would also like to add that we are pretty lucky MattyCollector does not force us to use the UPS/FedEx/DHL shipping methods. Those are the worse as they have their own customs/brokerage fee on top of the regular customs fee. The bill can be staggering, especially from FedEx, who will pay for your customs fee automatically, charge you a fee for them paying off your customs fee, AND as a bonus, their very own brokerage fee.

I once had to pay $60 to Fed Ex for a watch I bought for $30 off of Squiggly.com... don't make the same mistake :\
    All true!

I've been trading online since 2001 and these general observations really do apply.

Anyone other than Stevan get their Star Sisters? The wait is killing me!!