Page 75 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3962

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Now factor in the cover charge to get in, and BAM! You spent WAY WAY too much coin!
    lol it was 10 bucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    lol it was 10 bucks....
    Mine was 20. I bought 1 replacment Dragstor for 10 bucks .... 30 in total ... WAY TOO MUCH
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Ah, so you opted for the early bird.

Personally, I don't mind the $10 because I spent the better part of 3 hours roaming around the show and I enjoyed every minute of it. Not only that, but I ended up finding stuff I've wanted since forever, so it was a great time for me.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

Yeah, I actually had a blast too, except for that skeevy kid with no shirt on.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Heroic Warrior

Canadian Customs

I'm moving back to Canada soon and I'm wondering if most Canadians get charged customs fees on their figures?

I've only been charged once in New Zealand where I currently live, which was complete BS because they don't make toys here so it doesn't compete with any local industry, but it was a lot of figures from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

Anyway, just wanting to know how much I'm going to get milked every month once I'm back in the Great White North.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I'm moving back to Canada soon and I'm wondering if most Canadians get charged customs fees on their figures?

I've only been charged once in New Zealand where I currently live, which was complete BS because they don't make toys here so it doesn't compete with any local industry, but it was a lot of figures from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

Anyway, just wanting to know how much I'm going to get milked every month once I'm back in the Great White North.
    thus far }(knock wood) I haven't been hit with customs from matty. BUT a few fans have been hit though they say the pkgs have had swedish post marks on them.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Got my Mad Matty stuff that I ordered on the 20th a day after I got Khan, shipping on those were even faster than Khan, hope they keep up this trend!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I used to get nailed when I lived in New Brunswick a lot, but haven't been once since I moved to Ontario.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

I got hit with customs almost every time with the slow shipping so I moved to UPS - I now pay customs each time for sure, but I get my stuff within a few days.

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone with experiences from BC?

I think everything is going through Sweden now. My WR/BGEL/DM order that took almost 3 months to arrive was supposedly sent from Ontario, California, but had a Swedish shipping label... and it was dated the same day that I lodged a complaint with Matty. Go figure.

It seems to be completely random. I'll get charged customs on a single figure, and then not charged on four figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought of another question. How long does it usually take orders to arrive in Canada? And also how long have recent orders taken, given the longer shipping times? Thanks!

I got my January order pretty fast, but my February order took longer than usual. I think it was a hiccup, though, because Kahn arrived within about 2.5 weeks I think. That's pretty much the norm for me.

Customs wise, I've never had to pay customs on any MOTUC yet, but it seems like you're more likely to get dinged if your order is over $60. Anything under that seems to be customs free with the exception of a few unlucky folks.

Widget
    I thought of another question. How long does it usually take orders to arrive in Canada? And also how long have recent orders taken, given the longer shipping times? Thanks!
    I live in Ontario(and am a cherry picker) it usually takes 4-5 weeks to get my shipment. As far as customs goes it is completely random, but expect to paid 8.95 customs handing + taxes.

Got Khan today
    Religion = The Horde

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Sub Khan or day of sale Khan?

Heroic Warrior
    Why was my thread merged with this one? They are completely different topics. This thread is about Canadians worried about receiving their shipments from Digital River, where as the thread I created was related to Canadian customs fees, which has absolutely nothing to do with worrying about shipments?

Ususally I have founf with the USPS system, it took about 4 weeks, I would get my figures a week to a few days before the next set went up for sale. With Kobra Khan (sub) and Photog (Day of Sale) as well as my Battlecat and Trapjaw from the Mad Matty Sale - shipping was about 2 weeks wait time. no customs on any of it. mind you this fast receiving is BRAND NEW to me and doesn't reflect the average, which was about 4 weeks. I'm hoping it's the dawn of a new day.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I got hit with customs almost every time with the slow shipping so I moved to UPS - I now pay customs each time for sure, but I get my stuff within a few days.
    I HATE UPS, this is based on the past, do they still charge brokerage fees too? Reason I hate them is with customs and brokerage fees I ended up having to pay essentially the same price for the figure again, on top of shipping and the figure charge. so a $30 item cost me in total $70!
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 11, 2012 at 07:23am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Sub Khan or day of sale Khan?
    i got my sub khan
    Religion = The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I HATE UPS, this is based on the past, do they still charge brokerage fees too? Reason I hate them is with customs and brokerage fees I ended up having to pay essentially the same price for the figure again, on top of shipping and the figure charge. so a $30 item cost me in total $70!
    Until this year the brokerage charge was $5. It recently went up to $10.
    This isn't so bad if they manage to actually combine the MOTUC, Voltron and DCUC subs in one box.

Why was my thread merged with this one? They are completely different topics. This thread is about Canadians worried about receiving their shipments from Digital River, where as the thread I created was related to Canadian customs fees, which has absolutely nothing to do with worrying about shipments?

We discuss all of that in here. Items arriving, and customs for those items.
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Friend of mine in Edmonton gets his Voltron stuff after about 3 weeks. In terms of UPS, I would never personally go with them as their brokerage fees are insane and with next year's price increase it will simply make the cost of shipping too high for me to even contemplate. Oh, plus UPS destroyed more parcels of mine than I'd care to count so I refuse to do business with them on principle.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

master of hiphop
    yeah i'm with you on that.. and if you're not at home you have to hunt down the building that they hold em in.. ie i live in Ajax and had a shipment via UPS.. had to go pick up in Scarborough 35 min away... unreal... where the post office is around the corner like most post offices.

UPS...

i hate em

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    Friend of mine in Edmonton gets his Voltron stuff after about 3 weeks. In terms of UPS, I would never personally go with them as their brokerage fees are insane and with next year's price increase it will simply make the cost of shipping too high for me to even contemplate. Oh, plus UPS destroyed more parcels of mine than I'd care to count so I refuse to do business with them on principle.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

I once got a free replacement XBOX360 controller from Microsoft because my 360 red ringed so many times. I was away when the package was delivered, and since they shipped UPS, it went to their UPS holding center which was 45 mins away.

I never bothered to pick it up.

Heroic Warrior
    My sub Khan arrived today.