Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjor No Day of Sale Availability!

Ninjor No Day of Sale Availability!

Mattycollector facebook post states no day of sale for Ninjor. Shocker!!
    Last edited by brock_snyder; August 5, 2014 at 07:46pm.

Haha, straight out of the playbook from last year. It must have worked well for sub sales when they did it for Two-Bad. It's smart too, since Ninjor has a belt suited for Jitsu, people will want more than one.

Not surprising. The last minute effort to get the boost in subscriptions after the small boost shown today. The question is, will it really work this time? As we have seen, Fang Man, Sea Hawk, and Clamp Champ have been made available this year with easy availability. So the only true benefit for subscribers is getting it when it is first available. They really should have done better with this tactic than they have so far.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation: Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

No worries. I bought my subs.

IMO the entire 2015 line should be sub only.

Heroic Warrior
    Im getting 1 sub, gonna have to find a 2nd on the 2ndary market.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    No worries. I bought my subs.

IMO the entire 2015 line should be sub only.
    They would never get the extra sub sales to make up for the lost DOS.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Not surprising. The last minute effort to get the boost in subscriptions after the small boost shown today. The question is, will it really work this time? As we have seen, Fang Man, Sea Hawk, and Clamp Champ have been made available this year with easy availability. So the only true benefit for subscribers is getting it when it is first available. They really should have done better with this tactic than they have so far.
    Yeah, I am not one to usually nit pick, but this tactic has been proven to be useless. We all know that there are going to be just as many Ninjors as every other figure next year (give or take a few), so this tactic is pretty moot. I don't think this is going to spur many extra sales.

Even though we have a sub exclusive figure, what we really need is a pack-in with another figure that will not be made available for DOS. Doesn't matter who it comes with, just make it known at sign up time this is going to happen sometime in 2015. Say a filmation Hordak head...

Bummer, I needed an extra Ninjor. I've got 2 subs and will be selling off most of that 2nd sub, so definitely not picking up a 3rd. Looks like it's ebay. I'm sure I can pick up one fairly cheap. I just need the buck.

Am I upset about this. Nope.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I never said it would. Now you are just making assumptions.

I just think subscribers should get even more perks since it's the last year.

Another great reason to subscribe!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    They've been shrinking the market (and their sales) for years, why stop now?

Oh great, the one with two heads and many of us would like to have an extra of to display both ways is the one they won't have DOS. I hate these games we have to go through.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Elder Councilman
    Wait, so no Day-Of for either Ninjor or Huntara?

Two months no DOS; oh they're goin' harcore. It is on.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I feel bad for DOS folks who want a Ninjor only, but I just want 2015 to happen so bad, I don't really care what tricks and gimmicks they try.

That, and I'm not a big fan of the long ponytailed extra Ninjor head, nor would put that 200x belt on my Jitsu.

Mattel might have sold more subs if they had shown Multi-Bot at SDCC instead and made him DOS only. I know some folks (including me) want to make a Mega Beast.
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Huntara has no DOS either????....????? Has this been confirmed?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Nice one, Matty. We've seen how no DOS works with Sea Hawk and Clamp Champ. Fans were able to get the leftover CS stock later.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Nice one, Matty. We've seen how no DOS works with Sea Hawk and Clamp Champ. Fans were able to get the leftover CS stock later.
    CS stock is a small number of figures kept to replace defective ones. The normal DOS allotment is just held back for a later date. They aren't CS stock when they show up.

Whomever from Mattel that created this "marketing strategy" needs to be fired. Do they really think they get extra subscriptions sold by holding back one important figure from the line from DOS? How many people that would like an extra Ninjor would buy another sub just to get that one extra figure that they want?

This marketing strategy that started with Fang Man did the complete opposite for me. I had one sub and was buying extras on sale days except for the variant figures. When I learned that I would not be able to get an extra Fang Man,(at that time), then that ended my buying of extras and I only get what I get from the sub.

I just can't believe that they use this tactic on figures that they would get extra sales on....even by their subscriber fanbase whom may only have one sub and would buy an extra on DOS day. And even when they do finally put them on sale a year later, the excitement to have them has all ready disappeared. It wasn't just customer replacement stock....Fang Man, Clamp Champ, and Seahawk all lasted quite a while. Those without a sub....be patient and you will get your Ninjor in a year.

I just wanted to let Mattel know that this tactic backfired on them from me, and they get less sales from me because of it.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Huntara has no DOS either????....????? Has this been confirmed?
    This is news to me too! When and where was it stated Huntara isn't getting day of sales quota? As for Ninjor, I have no interest in him and I'm happy with this news as it means I'll be able to buy Lizard Man from Matty If Huntara is indeed no day of, I'll skip her until they put up the 'CS stock' or buy her off eBay.

From Q1, Lizard Man was always my main wanted character.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Yeah, I am not one to usually nit pick, but this tactic has been proven to be useless. We all know that there are going to be just as many Ninjors as every other figure next year (give or take a few), so this tactic is pretty moot. I don't think this is going to spur many extra sales.

Even though we have a sub exclusive figure, what we really need is a pack-in with another figure that will not be made available for DOS. Doesn't matter who it comes with, just make it known at sign up time this is going to happen sometime in 2015. Say a filmation Hordak head...
    SOLID idea! If every year we knew there would be a bonus pack-in for subscribers, but not who it would come with, that would be a big incentive!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I never said it would. Now you are just making assumptions.

I just think subscribers should get even more perks since it's the last year.
    Sure, and then they could get the perk of the sub not going through at all!
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    Doesn't matter his extras will be available in 2016. This tactic is now transparent after Seahawk, Fang Man, and Clamp Champ.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I feel bad for DOS folks who want a Ninjor only, but I just want 2015 to happen so bad, I don't really care what tricks and gimmicks they try.

That, and I'm not a big fan of the long ponytailed extra Ninjor head, nor would put that 200x belt on my Jitsu.
    Then you have folks like myself who couldn't care less about Classics Ninjor and only want him for his 200X Jitsu belt and 2nd head sculpt. This is probably a MAJOR reason why many fans actually want Classics Ninjor in the first place.

I will then either sell Ninjor to a DOS fan that actually wants Ninjor or use his buck for something else.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Then you have folks like myself who couldn't care less about Classics Ninjor and only want him for his 200X Jitsu belt and 2nd head sculpt. This is probably a MAJOR reason why many fans actually want Classics Ninjor in the first place.

I will then either sell Ninjor to a DOS fan that actually wants Ninjor or use his buck for something else.
    Together we complete the circle of MOTUC collectability!
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Wait, so no Day-Of for either Ninjor or Huntara?

Two months no DOS; oh they're goin' harcore. It is on.
    Why are you saying Huntara? There hasn't been anything posted saying Huntara has no day of sale.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line