Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 wrap-up add-on sub

2015 wrap-up add-on sub

I hope there is another add-on sub for 2015 to give us as much as possible. My idea is a wrap-up add-on subscription. The theme of the sub would be that it is to wrap up loose ends by picking from characters from all over the different iterations of MOTU - not just a sub dedicated to a single incarnation. 6 figures plus a bonus figure. There are characters that I really want to see like Masque, 200X Evil Seed, Crita, etc. that I really want that may not make it into the limited spots of 2014 and 15. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    I hope there is another add-on sub for 2015 to give us as much as possible. My idea is a wrap-up add-on subscription. The theme of the sub would be that it is to wrap up loose ends by picking from characters from all over the different iterations of MOTU - not just a sub dedicated to a single incarnation. 6 figures plus a bonus figure. There are characters that I really want to see like Masque, 200X Evil Seed, Crita, etc. that I really want that may not make it into the limited spots of 2014 and 15. What do you guys think?
    I'd rather have a 200X sub. We're already getting too much NA.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Wrap-Up sub sounds great. As it would practically be an extension of Club Eternia with characters from all incarnations there should be something for everyone in there - and if someone subbed to CE, there theoretically should be no reason not so sub to this add-on as well (well, maybe if the first characters that would be revealed aren't his/her thing, but otherwise...), so it could have a chance to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I understand that FILMation had it's sub and POP is going to have it's sub so I get people wanting a different incarnation getting it's time in the spotlight but are there really 6 or 7 figures from 200X that you want that are not variants? Now that time is of the essence, I don't want non-variant spots wasted on 200x variants, I want original, never released before figures. I'm trying to think back to the cartoon and I can think of Evil Seed, Prahvus, and Calix as figures that I want but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. You have to understand, though, I am still butt-hurt over Masque.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    Wrap-Up sub sounds great. As it would practically be an extension of Club Eternia with characters from all incarnations there should be something for everyone in there - and if someone subbed to CE, there theoretically should be no reason not so sub to this add-on as well (well, maybe if the first characters that would be revealed aren't his/her thing, but otherwise...), so it could have a chance to go through.
    A simple extension of Club Eternia is exactly it.

I'd LOVE a NA sub.

Spinwit
    Kay-O
    Darius
    Crita
    Quakke
    Lizzor
    Master Sebrian Sub Exclusive

I understand that FILMation had it's sub and POP is going to have it's sub so I get people wanting a different incarnation getting it's time in the spotlight but are there really 6 or 7 figures from 200X that you want that are not variants? Now that time is of the essence, I don't want non-variant spots wasted on 200x variants, I want original, never released before figures. I'm trying to think back to the cartoon and I can think of Evil Seed, Prahvus, and Calix as figures that I want but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. You have to understand, though, I am still butt-hurt over Masque.

- - - Updated - - -
    There's a thread dedicated to this already. Yes, we have more than 6-7 figures, not including variants, from 200x which we want. But as Club Eternia is forcing us to buy NA variants already, why should we be so strict with 200x?
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

I'd be up for this. (Of course, I'm still working on getting the 2015 sub cleared by our financial overseer: my wife and her partner, My Better Judgement.)

I'm up for anything in Classics and, as long as it fits with this line stylistically, whatever comes afterward.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Widget
    I would love another 6 figure sub featuring all new characters--but only if Toyguru designs all of them.

I'm serious.

Not that I would expect any of them to be good (though anything is possible), but I think the arguments and nerd rage that would surely ensue would be fun. Might even overload the interwebs.

Mini comics sub. Heavily weighted toward Alcala stuff
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'd LOVE that!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    You gotta be kidding...
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yes, please. This or 200X would be nice. Maybe even FILMation 2.0. Would love this later to include:
    1)Lord Masque
    2)Hunga the Harpy
    3)General Sunder
    4)Lizardman
    5)Illena
    6)Hawke

OR Mini Comics:
    1)Lodar
    2)Masks of Power Demon A (with imp form)
    3)Masks of Power Demon B (again, imp form)
    4)Red Beast (Alcala Beastman)
    5)Oolar
    6)Prince Dakon
    .............IF they would broaden the scope to all comic media, insert Shezar, please?

Again, any MYP/200X if it includes proper Evil-Lyn or Egyptian Sorceress, I'm there.

Wouldn't mind a New Adventures mini sub but would it sell enough to go through...?
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Everyone likes what they like and hates what they hate.I know some love NA and others loathe it and some want Critta and some don't.I respect everyone's opionion on who they like and don't like and understand people's passion for certain figures that they just have to have but we have to realize that not everyone's favorite figure is going to get made...period. I have been wanting a 200x Sorceress for as long as I can remember and wouldn't mind a young 200x Evil-Lyn (refer to my avatar) but if I don't get it I can at least say I got some pretty damm good ones in its place.

THIS would have been brilliant. But I think that ship has sailed

Right because in 6 years, we have 8 NA figures (including this year's) lol. Come on, it's fine if people don't like NA, but it really isn't true that there is too much NA. LOL
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Please speak for yourself. I would love to complete New Adventures as well.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    You gotta be kidding...
    I'm absolutely not. NA Skelly AND Flogg? Mix in Failmation Hordak and the ugly Double Mischief figure and Matty sure did find a way to put all the least popular and simply worst MOTUC figures of the year at sub drive time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Please speak for yourself. I would love to complete New Adventures as well.
    I am. They are making more NA than I want to buy and forcing it on me through the sub system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Right because in 6 years, we have 8 NA figures (including this year's) lol. Come on, it's fine if people don't like NA, but it really isn't true that there is too much NA. LOL
    4 this year + 3 next year and you've got your NA sub already, doncha think? And how many 200X figures are expected currently for 2014 and 2015? Am I forgetting one or is Battle-Lion the ONLY 200X figure we've had or had confirmed for 2014 so far?

4 this year + 3 next year and you've got your NA sub already, doncha think? And how many 200X figures are expected currently for 2014 and 2015? Am I forgetting one or is Battle-Lion the ONLY 200X figure we've had or had confirmed for 2014 so far?
    I don't think that 200x has been ignored at all throughout the line. There has been 200x additions to many characters to look similar to their designs in MYP.

Fisto
    Moss Man
    Sy-clone
    Ram Man
    Whiplash
    Kobra Kahn
    Stinkor
    Trap Jaw/Kronis
    Griffin
    Zodak
    Hordak
    Battle Evilyn
    Chief Carnivous
    Dekker
    Marzo
    Rattlor
    Keldor
    Faceless One
    Lord Dactus
    King Grayskull
    Battle Lion

To complain that NA is finally getting some characters is a little selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I don't think that 200x has been ignored at all throughout the line. There has been 200x additions to many characters to look similar to their designs in MYP.

Fisto
    Moss Man
    Sy-clone
    Ram Man
    Whiplash
    Kobra Kahn
    Stinkor
    Trap Jaw/Kronis
    Griffin
    Zodak
    Hordak
    Battle Evilyn
    Chief Carnivous
    Dekker
    Marzo
    Rattlor
    Keldor
    Faceless One
    Lord Dactus
    King Grayskull
    Battle Lion

To complain that NA is finally getting some characters is a little selfish.
    I don't think its selfish to point out that thousands of people are being forced to spend their money on figures they don't want, and missing out on figures they do want. In fact, the irony here is staggering! By arguing for NA figures you are in fact demanding that thousands of people who would not buy the figures out of sub be forced to spend their money on them - for YOU.

Again, 200X has had one figure in 2014 and unless this sub materializes, they may indeed have no more figures in 2014 or 2015, while a very tiny minority of NA fans will get their 7 and claim anyone who doesn't want them to get even more than that is somehow doing something morally lacking.

BTW half of your list are just the standard figures for the line (Ram Man, Sy-Clone, Rattlor, Zodak etc) which may indeed have nods and inspiration from the 200X cartoon, are not strictly speaking 200X variants.

2015 would sell better if Matty announced it would not include ANY NA figures and we all know it. Heck, I bet the line would go on for an additional year if they dumped the faction!

I don't think its selfish to point out that thousands of people are being forced to spend their money on figures they don't want, and missing out on figures they do want. In fact, the irony here is staggering! By arguing for NA figures you are in fact demanding that thousands of people who would not buy the figures out of sub be forced to spend their money on them - for YOU.

Again, 200X has had one figure in 2014 and unless this sub materializes, they may indeed have no more figures in 2014 or 2015, while a very tiny minority of NA fans will get their 7 and claim anyone who doesn't want them to get even more than that is somehow doing something morally lacking.

BTW half of your list are just the standard figures for the line (Ram Man, Sy-Clone, Rattlor, Zodak etc) which may indeed have nods and inspiration from the 200X cartoon, are not strictly speaking 200X variants.

2015 would sell better if Matty announced it would not include ANY NA figures and we all know it. Heck, I bet the line would go on for an additional year if they dumped the faction!
    Listen I love 200x; it's really my favorite He-Man era... the cartoon was fabulous, and the character redesigns for the most part were epic. BUT I really do like the Space Mutant character figures we have gotten so far. Optic... 2 removable arms, 2 eyeball heads... awesome armor! Slush-Head... u can fill with water!!! Stupid that his head is attached to armor tho! Karatti... I love this guy, he's like MOTU Predator!, also his armor looks good on just about ever other figure. Skeletor looks to be awesome, Flogg's head looks a lil small, but other than that he's cool. The heroes I don't dig too much, but I do not think NA figures are bad at all.
    That being said... the mini sub should be 200x and I want an army of Kulataks... that was one of my fav episodes... throw in Ice Armor He-Man with a huge ice ax to boot!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Listen I love 200x; it's really my favorite He-Man era... the cartoon was fabulous, and the character redesigns for the most part were epic. BUT I really do like the Space Mutant character figures we have gotten so far. Optic... 2 removable arms, 2 eyeball heads... awesome armor! Slush-Head... u can fill with water!!! Stupid that his head is attached to armor tho! Karatti... I love this guy, he's like MOTU Predator!, also his armor looks good on just about ever other figure. Skeletor looks to be awesome, Flogg's head looks a lil small, but other than that he's cool. The heroes I don't dig too much, but I do not think NA figures are bad at all.
    That being said... the mini sub should be 200x and I want an army of Kulataks... that was one of my fav episodes... throw in Ice Armor He-Man with a huge ice ax to boot!
    I totally respect your right to like any characters, regardless of how many I agree or disagree with your judgement on. More than that, I would like to see every NA fan get every figure that they've ever dreamed of owning. I just don't want to see the majority of MOTU fans be forced to buy them in place of the characters they actually want. If it wasn't for the forced purchases of the sub model, they would never have made most of the NA figures they've already done, let alone the 4 more we can expect in the next 18 months.

I get how it feels to love something that many people hate. I get how one feels like an underdog. But NA has been getting more than its popularity earned it for the last year and it can expect that to continue at least through the end of 2015. There's nothing wrong with understanding that and giving 200X a little of what it deserves.

Personally, I'm really bummed about this summer's MOTUC releases: NA Skelly is horrifically ugly. Flogg is a character I do not want, with a boring design. Failmation Hordak is an insult to us all. Double Mischief is the ugliest action figure I've seen in my life. Up until now, 2014 has been really strong, but OH the next couple of months are really going to suck!!!
    Last edited by No-Ah; June 30, 2014 at 09:41pm.

I totally respect your right to like any characters, regardless of how many I agree or disagree with your judgement on. More than that, I would like to see every NA fan get every figure that they've ever dreamed of owning. I just don't want to see the majority of MOTU fans be forced to buy them in place of the characters they actually want. If it wasn't for the forced purchases of the sub model, they would never have made most of the NA figures they've already done, let alone the 4 more we can expect in the next 18 months.

I get how it feels to love something that many people hate. I get how one feels like an underdog. But NA has been getting more than its popularity earned it for the last year and it can expect that to continue at least through the end of 2015. There's nothing wrong with understanding that and giving 200X a little of what it deserves.

Personally, I'm really bummed about this summer's MOTUC releases: NA Skelly is horrifically ugly. Flogg is a character I do not want, with a boring design. Failmation Hordak is an insult to us all. Double Mischief is the ugliest action figure I've seen in my life. Up until now, 2014 has been really strong, but OH the next couple of months are really going to suck!!!
    I hear ya... For me.. I loathe Rio Blast... seriously a cowboy? with barbarians? To me that is the dumbest character of all time. I would take a billion Flogg type characters before 1 out of place cowboy! I know some people LOVE Rio... so we roll with the punches. I may use Rio's head as a 200x Man-at-Arms, who knows. The one GREAT thing about MOTUC is that characters that are lame, u can mix and match some pieces and usually make something awesome.

One of my favs is I took that Pop pirate guy (totally forgot his name) put on the blue cape that came with the Foe Men and put on the Talon Fighter armor symbol and shield, and gave him Sky High's helmet. The figure looks awesome. So for me there is always a way to make these undesirable characters fun.

I also Loathe Clamp-Champ. I gave him the black zodiac armor from Wun-Dar and Zodak's helmet... looks great. I named him Bro-Dak... I forget what Zodak's brother was named in the show... the one eaten by hiss, Bro-Dak is real easy to remember... Then I took Clamp Champs armor and placed it on a Foe Man body and gave it a yellow Snake soldier head... an awesome new Snake Man!!

So with most figs, maybe just be creative to find something worth keeping.

well except for the Double chin girl... NOTHING is fixing that... aside from surgery... poor girl!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Yeah, but out how much 200X have we gotten since the dawn of the line?
    full on 200X in MOTUC:
    -King Grayskull (3 versions: SDCC, SDCC Statue, Santa)
    -Zodak
    -Marzo
    -Carnivus
    -Snakemen 2 pack
    -Griffin
    -Snake MAA
    -Dekker
    -Dactus
    -Battle Lion
    -Keldor (Swords come in WP#3)

11 Figures and 2 extra repaints for Grayskull

Partial 200X (Vintage looking with 200X Elements):
    -Merman (Cardback head was used on his 200X look)
    -Man-at-Arms (Mustache head)
    -Webstor
    -Whiplash
    -Clawful
    -Fisto
    -Sy-Klone
    -Mossman
    -Battleground Evil Lyn
    -Stinkor
    -Grizzlor
    -Buzz Off
    -Clamp Champ

13 Characters who were made with 200X Elements

kitbashing the 200X (No Customizing Skills needed)

-Skeletor (Using Keldor Pieces and WP#3 swords)
    -Rattlor (using WP#4)
    -Man-at-Arms (Using Mustache head on SMAA Body and WP#3 Cannon)
    -BattleCat (Using Battle Lion Armor)
    -He-Man (Using WP#1 Techno Sword and Santa KG Armor)

5 Figures that can be 200X-ized by using stuff from weapons packs or other figures WITHOUT the need of full blown customization (repainting, sculpting, that sort of thing)

How is 200X getting the short end of the stick again?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I hear ya... For me.. I loathe Rio Blast... seriously a cowboy? with barbarians? To me that is the dumbest character of all time. I would take a billion Flogg type characters before 1 out of place cowboy! I know some people LOVE Rio... so we roll with the punches. I may use Rio's head as a 200x Man-at-Arms, who knows. The one GREAT thing about MOTUC is that characters that are lame, u can mix and match some pieces and usually make something awesome.

One of my favs is I took that Pop pirate guy (totally forgot his name) put on the blue cape that came with the Foe Men and put on the Talon Fighter armor symbol and shield, and gave him Sky High's helmet. The figure looks awesome. So for me there is always a way to make these undesirable characters fun.

I also Loathe Clamp-Champ. I gave him the black zodiac armor from Wun-Dar and Zodak's helmet... looks great. I named him Bro-Dak... I forget what Zodak's brother was named in the show... the one eaten by hiss, Bro-Dak is real easy to remember... Then I took Clamp Champs armor and placed it on a Foe Man body and gave it a yellow Snake soldier head... an awesome new Snake Man!!

So with most figs, maybe just be creative to find something worth keeping.

well except for the Double chin girl... NOTHING is fixing that... aside from surgery... poor girl!!!
    I hated Rio Blast, until I saw the reveal. It looks like they've done really nice things with the design. But.... a cowboy still has no place in MOTU! LOL For that matter, neither does a Ninja.....

Yeah, DM is the ugliest figure in the line. Its a shame because the colors looks wonderful, but she looks like she was recently in a car crash!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post

How is 200X getting the short end of the stick again?
    1 figure in 2014 and none expected between now and the end of 2015, that's how.

1 figure in 2014 and none expected between now and the end of 2015, that's how.
    Really? Dude, while 200X isn't getting enough this year, but it has gotten WAY More than NA and Vintage MINI COMIC Characters combined! It may not be a TOP Priority for TPTB, but it has gotten plenty of love... (Not enough to give me an Egyptian Sorceress though)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Really? Dude, while 200X isn't getting enough this year, but it has gotten WAY More than NA and Vintage MINI COMIC Characters combined! It may not be a TOP Priority for TPTB, but it has gotten plenty of love... (Not enough to give me an Egyptian Sorceress though)
    I'm with you when it comes to mini-comics....

But I don't see 200X and NA as being in any way comparable. The NA figures drag the whole line down. You can argue there have been 11 or 12 200X figures and some others with nods and influence from the show, and NA looks like its getting close to catching up with 200X's numbers. That just seems insane to me!

And yeah, there is something to be said about when the figures were made. Taking the final 2 years of the line off to make way for NA doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyway, if the rumors are true then 200X will get a 2015 mini-sub. I'm sure it will go through just fine with customers who intentionally WANT to buy 200X figures. NA figures will continue to be sold the only way they can: forced inclusion in the sub on customers who do not want them, so that a small minority can have what they want and simultaneously call the rest of us unfair/selfish/greedy.
    Last edited by No-Ah; June 30, 2014 at 10:33pm.