Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: I take it that Darius is delayed too?

  1. #1
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,560

    I take it that Darius is delayed too?

    I just checked my order on Matty and it said the order for Darius in my sub was created May 10. Here it is two weeks later and it's still "In process". What the heck is going on over there? Is every figure being delayed?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  2. #2
    Crazy mad MattHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kilbourne, Ohio
    Posts
    78
    I'm not quite sure where I read it on Mattycollector, but it was stated he would be delayed until the end of the month.

    Nevermind, found it! Written in on the sale announcement.

    **Unfortunately, Dariusís work on the Galactic Council has been pretty hectic these days! (Must be all the villains coming out of the woodwork in Collectorís Choice this year.) As a result, shipments for our Darius action figure will be delayed to the beginning of June, 2016. In addition, in order to avoid logistical & shipping issues, those ordering Darius and other figures during our May sale will receive their full shipment at the beginning of June, 2016.
    Please note: Due to production issues, Night Stalkerô is now expected to arrive in September.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior PantherCult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    544
    Matty announced weeks ago that Darius would be delayed until the first week of June. This is not a surprise to most of us.

  4. #4
    Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    850
    When Mattel announces that they're gonna do something anymore on X date, I automatically disbelieve them now. Dunno what's going on with their internal project timelines, but yeeeesh.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior x56h34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Posts
    206
    Wow... There is definitely a pattern forming here all of a sudden. At this point, I'll be happy to eventually receive my figures in perfect condition regarding paint apps and overall quality, as it looks like this new team seems to need time to get organized. Hopefully this extra time they need they will use wisely and deliver a stellar product.

    It certainly feels like more and more like Mattel is checked out regarding motuc.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    505
    I don't know if it is as much a reoccurring issue every month or just that the repainting of Lord Masque and the Serpentine Hsss redo because of the CHINA stamp may have just pushed back production for the rest of the year. I think it will be safe to expect that every CC figure will be delayed for the remainder of the sub. Club Grayskull figures seem to be immune so far. Maybe we will get some clarification at Power Con

  7. #7
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Maybe we will get some clarification at Power Con
    Yes, because this new team is all about "transparency" right? Oh, wait a minute. Maybe that was the last Matty team. Or the one before that. I can't keep track. Not sure anyone is steering this ship right now.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior ramaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    510
    They were transparent, no? They did say that he was delayed.

    Delays happen. They don't bother me as long as I know about them.
    Jay

  9. #9
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,350
    Well it would be nice to have that information a bit quicker, rather than a few days before he is supposed to go up for sale. Also it would be nice to have some transparency regarding:

    1) the status of Snake Mountain,
    2) the SDCC exclusive (if there even is one),
    3) production issues being corrected such as the ankle design and derpy eyes,
    4) plans to re-release Filmation He-man at any point,
    5) and a new release schedule for the rest of the year considering how many figures have already been delayed, Night Stalker was pushed back by months, and we don't even know when the Horde Troopers are coming.

    They do have a platform for providing this information either at NY Toy Fair or via Matty Collector but I guess they are too busy to inform us as to what's going on. I can only hope that someone will represent them at Power-Con that will be able to answer some questions for us.
    Last edited by Zodach; May 25, 2016 at 09:26am.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Amentep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Fawcett City
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Well it would be nice to have that information a bit quicker, rather than a few days before he is supposed to go up for sale.
    It was posted with the first announcement of the sale on MattyCollector (May 4th). Assuming they knew definitively the figure was delayed prior to that, by what point would be enough days notification in your mind?

    I don't disagree that Mattel has been oddly silent with fan concerns over the last few weeks (even a "we don't have any answers to your questions at the moment", not that they owe us that) but in this individual case 9 days before Early Access seems reasonable to me without proof they knew of this delay significantly earlier (or of a line wide delay that's bumping everything around).

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    It was posted with the first announcement of the sale on MattyCollector (May 4th). Assuming they knew definitively the figure was delayed prior to that, by what point would be enough days notification in your mind?

    I don't disagree that Mattel has been oddly silent with fan concerns over the last few weeks (even a "we don't have any answers to your questions at the moment", not that they owe us that) but in this individual case 9 days before Early Access seems reasonable to me without proof they knew of this delay significantly earlier (or of a line wide delay that's bumping everything around).
    I think the point some are getting at is that Matty knew for a month or two that he would not be on time. To wait until a week before sale date to let people know is irksome.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Amentep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Fawcett City
    Posts
    80
    But do we know they've known for a month or two - I know its suspected with the multiple delays that the line had a "domino effect" delay so everything is going to be delayed, but has that been confirmed?

    I may be giving them too much benefit of the doubt due to lack of experience.

  13. #13
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I think the point some are getting at is that Matty knew for a month or two that he would not be on time. To wait until a week before sale date to let people know is irksome.
    Exactly. I'm sure Mattel has consistent communication with their factory or production team regarding shipment and delivery dates. They put these things on a boat in China which could then take 3-4 weeks to arrive stateside, so they should know pretty far in advance if something will be arriving on time or not. To give them the benefit of the doubt, they may have wanted to know a more specific delivery date (ie - early June) before announcing the delay.

    My point still stands about the lack of communication and "transparency" that Mattel was so adamant about last year at SDCC. Outside of knowing the full year of figures in advance there hasn't been much consistency with demonstrating this to us, even with the Matty Collector forums and New York Toy Fair as platforms which they could have utilized more fully. Maybe this can be attributed to changes in management at Mattel, shifting responsibilities, or lack of manpower for Matty Collector, but right now we just aren't getting anything concrete from Mattel.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    But do we know they've known for a month or two
    Absolutely. To actually produce the figures themselves takes a week or two (maybe more) to get everything made/painted and packaged. From china you can count on about 3-4 weeks on the boat. Another few days at the port, clear customs and get them to the warehouse. Warehouse verifies delivery and from there send the all clear to the sales folk. With that in mind, lets call it 7 weeks ago they knew these would not be here. Probley more like 8-9, but why split hairs...

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Amentep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Fawcett City
    Posts
    80
    Thanks for the replies; I'm not overly familiar with the needs of toy production despite spending some time as a lurker/poster on the late Palisades Toys message board. The production cycle was still mostly vague to me (even when they talked about the problems they were having with the Micronauts production) with terms of timing; I understood that shipping from China was time consuming and would take weeks but didn't really have a frame of reference for how time consuming, or how early Mattel might be able to know for certain the shipment was going to be delayed.

  16. #16
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    5,304
    Well It was a surprise to me, though I did find out it was officially delayed until "early" June a couple of days ago on a different thread. I do not know where the official information goes out through beyond the .Org because I do not haunt Mattel's forums or facebooks or what have you. I was surprised there was not a daily listing here about it in the top scroll on the mainpage.

    Still, the info was welcome because I too was worried it had not gotten a shipping notice.

    I just wish they would charge me when it renews rather than when it ships, because that is harder to plan for.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior revelat10n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Well It was a surprise to me, though I did find out it was officially delayed until "early" June a couple of days ago on a different thread. I do not know where the official information goes out through beyond the .Org because I do not haunt Mattel's forums or facebooks or what have you. I was surprised there was not a daily listing here about it in the top scroll on the mainpage.

    Still, the info was welcome because I too was worried it had not gotten a shipping notice.

    I just wish they would charge me when it renews rather than when it ships, because that is harder to plan for.
    It was posted on the MattyCollector new page for the May solicitation. The email solicitation for Early Access information also has it mentioned. In this instance I feel like the information was disseminated in sufficient time, but then again my subs are set to the triple ship method so this delay doesn't really affect me.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior ramaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Absolutely. To actually produce the figures themselves takes a week or two (maybe more) to get everything made/painted and packaged. From china you can count on about 3-4 weeks on the boat. Another few days at the port, clear customs and get them to the warehouse. Warehouse verifies delivery and from there send the all clear to the sales folk. With that in mind, lets call it 7 weeks ago they knew these would not be here. Probley more like 8-9, but why split hairs...
    I work with importing products from China.

    From the day the order is placed and received, there is 48-60 days for production (depending on complexity of order and where my order sits in the queue). Remember nothing in China is "in stock" -- everything is special order/custom made/made to order. Then shipping. In general, 90 days from placement to receiving from my experience. If there are container issues (there were many last year in Vancouver) -- it slows things down. We had to basically bribe people to pull our containers out first so that we had product on hand for the Christmas season.

    We also paid extra to have containers freighted to Montreal and then driven from Montreal to Toronto (instead of taking the natural route from Vancouver to Toronto), to avoid strike/union situations across the country.
    Jay

  19. #19
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,560
    Next WTFWTK question: At this point, is ANY figure this year NOT going to be delayed?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •