Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 SDCC Reveals/Discussion/Photo Thread (w/ Pixel Dan Interview of Super7)

Official 2016 SDCC Reveals/Discussion/Photo Thread (w/ Pixel Dan Interview of Super7)

This thread will be opened when news starts rolling in. Check in often for all the latest news.

Mods, please update this first post with news/links/photos as things are revealed.

Some news is already rolling in.

HUGE NEWS - Mattycollector is closing and Super 7 is taking over MOTU and other adult collector brands. MOTUC and Filmation lines will continue!

Discussion Thread

New Catra and Netossa collector dolls shown.

Discussion Thread

Pixel Dan MOTU Classics and ThunderCats Interview with Super7 at San Diego Comic Con 2016 :

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Some more Mondo's 1/6 Masters of the Universe AWESOMENESS from SDCC, with all the weapons and accessories!

Link by Uatu:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJKmJPBTIx/

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Yeah, that Mondo stuff is awesome! My wallet is gonna cry!

Here's hoping Super 7 make an announcement about MOTUC soon! Or Pixel Dan just posts the interview with the Super 7 manager that he just did! Can't wait!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    We definitely need Super7 announcements about Motu classics and see some prototypes
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

The Mondo figures and She-ra dolls look amazing. Also happy to have seen some of the Loyal Subjects figures.

I really wish Mattel and/or Super7 would either show off production versions of remaining 2016 items or some prototypes of what Super7 plans to offer in 2017. Perhaps those are still to come.....
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Bummer....

I came to this thread with lots of excitement, hoping there would some official news & pictures of remaining 2016 items & protos of the 2017 items, ONLY to find Mondo figures which I have already seen.

Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Bummer....

I came to this thread with lots of excitement, hoping there would some official news & pictures of remaining 2016 items & protos of the 2017 items, ONLY to find Mondo figures which I have already seen.

Admittedly, I was a little bummed by that too!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Widget
    those look fantastic and i,m preordering as soon as they come up.i,m so stocked for super 7 to reveal the new filmation figures.if i,m not mistaken isnt coming sunday?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Some more Mondo's 1/6 Masters of the Universe AWESOMENESS from SDCC, with all the weapons and accessories!

Link by Uatu:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJKmJPBTIx/

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51...MDk0NQ%3D%3D.2

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Catra and Netossa- She-Ra Barbie Line

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8&d=1469066031

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1469066053
    In my opinion the fantastic MONDO's figures they gave us a vision for the future of the MOTU franchise!

With incredible details, a lot of Easter Eggs, and amazing sculpting, those He-Man and Skeletor have just the right mix of nostalgia, but also of new elements that could appeal not only to the hardcore MOTU fans, but also, and this is very important, to the casual Fantasy follower. Because let's not forget, that this attract us to the MOTU franchise in the beginning: the Fantasy! This weird alien barbaric post apocalyptic world, where sorcery and technology clash, where loin clothed barbarians fight against skull faced wizards and cyborg warriors, where laser weapons go against swords, axes, and shields, where dragons, trolls, manticores and other mythological creatures live alongside with dinosaurs and alien monsters. This is Eternia and the MOTU franchise. So modernize a bit the original designs to be more appealing to a new kind of pubblic, evolve and develop this amazing original concept, and let the better quality designs and new stories to capture and unleash once more the immagination of the people!
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 22, 2016 at 10:36am.

Heroic Warrior
    So, is there an official word on when we will see stuff from Super 7? I got the idea from the press release of Matty Collector that we would see the 2017 figures this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    In my opinion the fantastic MONDO's figures they gave us a vision for the future of the MOTU franchise!

With incredible details, a lot of Easter Eggs, and amazing sculpting, those He-Man and Skeletor have just the right mix of nostalgia, but also of new elements that could appeal not only to the hardcore MOTU fans, but also, and this is very important, to the casual Fantasy follower. Because let's not forget, that this attract us to the MOTU franchise in the beginning: the Fantasy! This weird alien barbaric post apocalyptic world, where sorcery and technology clash, where loin clothed barbarians fight against skull faced wizards and cyborg warriors, where laser weapons go against swords, axes, and shields, where dragons, trolls, manticores and other mythological creatures live alongside with dinosaurs and alien monsters. This is Eternia and the MOTU franchise. So modernize a bit the original designs to be more appealing to a new kind of pubblic, evolve and develop this amazing original concept, and let the better quality designs and new stories to capture and unleash once more the immagination of the people!
    YESSS! THAT is what MOTU always was, and always will be about, to me! Excellently spoken, Sir..!
    Leech sucks..!

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    So, is there an official word on when we will see stuff from Super 7? I got the idea from the press release of Matty Collector that we would see the 2017 figures this weekend...
    I think Pixel Dan will be interviewing Super7 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think Pixel Dan will be interviewing Super7 today.
    Hope so! For all of the faults of DR and Mattel, they have given us upwards of 8 years of great MOTUC and that's hard to complain about. I just hope that Super7 knows what they are getting themselves into by dipping into this particular pool of fans... cuz it can get U-G-L-Y at times. As long as they stay true (and then some) to the Horsemen sculpts, continue the quality at least on par with Mattel and actually listen to and respond to fans I'll be happy. I'm just not sure that Super7 has a proven enough track record that they can handle this... at least based on the 5 POA dime store figures that I've seen them produce thus far. Hopefully in time they will reveal what they have cooking in the lab and all we fans can breathe a collective sigh of relief, but until that point I have a feeling tensions are going to remain at DefCon 1.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Hope so! For all of the faults of DR and Mattel, they have given us upwards of 8 years of great MOTUC and that's hard to complain about. I just hope that Super7 knows what they are getting themselves into by dipping into this particular pool of fans... cuz it can get U-G-L-Y at times. As long as they stay true (and then some) to the Horsemen sculpts, continue the quality at least on par with Mattel and actually listen to and respond to fans I'll be happy. I'm just not sure that Super7 has a proven enough track record that they can handle this... at least based on the 5 POA dime store figures that I've seen them produce thus far. Hopefully in time they will reveal what they have cooking in the lab and all we fans can breathe a collective sigh of relief, but until that point I have a feeling tensions are going to remain at DefCon 1.
    The fans don't become ugly overnight. Alot of that behavior is a response to how poorly Mattel handle certain situations. The Super 7 people should learn what made the fans so upset and avoid doing those things. Always be transparent, positive and good with fans, and the fans will be good with them.

• Keeping silent with fans when they want answers
    • Personal characters the fans didn't ask for
    • Snarky answers
    • Off model character designs
    • Production mistakes like derpy eyes and backwards shoulders

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    May be I missed something: No MOTUC reveals in this SDCC then? I'm getting frustrated of checking every day every site with SDCC coverage and I don't find the promised Super7 reveals (or that's what I understood from the e-mail I got).

I'm scared of seeing only retro stuff. For me, those styles are retired, they're OK as antiquities, but as a 43 years old collector, I want detailed, proportioned, well painted, articulated action figures. I hope I can see that before the week ends.

Until I see some prototypes or product from MOTUC, I am sticking with my assumption that the line is finished. MOTU may continue, but I won't hold my breath for MOTUC without some hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The fans don't become ugly overnight. Alot of that behavior is a response to how poorly Mattel handle certain situations. The Super 7 people should learn what made the fans so upset and avoid doing those things. Always be transparent, positive and good with fans, and the fans will be good with them.

• Keeping silent with fans when they want answers
    • Personal characters the fans didn't ask for
    • Snarky answers
    • Off model character designs
    • Production mistakes like derpy eyes and backwards shoulders
    Rest assured, Super 7 will make mistakes, possibly even some of the same "mistakes" Mattel made, probably some of the ones you listed. No one is perfect, no toyline is perfect, toylines are made by humans, are humans are not perfect. People will always find stuff to nitpick over and blow out of proportion. If what you're saying is really true, then it is now the opportunity for fans to show that they aren't going to be ugly right out of the gate (although I've already seen some ugly stuff said about Super 7).

Widget
    us motuc fans should be ecstatic about super7 taking over classics.lets face it classics was a pet project to mattel the number of sales wasnt a drop in the bucket for them.there business is and always will be big retail.now with super7 motuc is a big deal for them as the number of sales will be huge for them and will be there biggest priority.as for people saying still that the line is dead thats just bs.pixel dan has already confirmed in his interview with super7 that they are doing classics with the horsemen and have a new batch of filmation figures ready to go.the reveal is coming in there panel this weekend and thats why dan hasnt posted the interview yet so be patient people christmas is almost here.lol

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allenlindley View Post
    us motuc fans should be ecstatic about super7 taking over classics.lets face it classics was a pet project to mattel the number of sales wasnt a drop in the bucket for them.there business is and always will be big retail.now with super7 motuc is a big deal for them as the number of sales will be huge for them and will be there biggest priority.as for people saying still that the line is dead thats just bs.pixel dan has already confirmed in his interview with super7 that they are doing classics with the horsemen and have a new batch of filmation figures ready to go.the reveal is coming in there panel this weekend and thats why dan hasnt posted the interview yet so be patient people christmas is almost here.lol
    Thanks for this update
    Looking forward Christmas in July !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior

Official 2016 SDCC Reveals/Discussion/Photo Thread

I keep hearing that 4H has Filmation figures sculpted and "ready to go." Any word on Classics?

Sigh....to think, in years past, close to this time, we'd start hearing about the reveals happening at Mattypalooza. Kind of sad that it's not happening this year. The bright side is that things aren't finished, but the excitement of finding who's coming out and what they look like is missing.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Should the vintage-style Super7 figures be posted in this thread? I mean Possessed Skeletor and the Three Terrors?

What is the deal with those figures? Are they glow in the dark SDCC variants and full colour versions are going to be offered at some point in time for sale? Is this part of a new line of officially licensed vintage-style figures Super7 will deliver in addition to Classics and Filmation style figures?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Widget
    stuff is getting revealed just wait for there panel to happen.alot of companies dont reveal anything big till the weekend.

I'm wondering what might be shown for the Collector's Choice figures??? Hmmmm???
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I keep coming to this thread for actual reveals, but still nada.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread