Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Buzz Saw" Hordak Video Review by Pixel Dan

"Buzz Saw" Hordak Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at "Buzz Saw" Hordak from MattyCollector. Check it out!

As mentioned by Dan, it's a shame Rio Blast didn't have the same ability. (Man, I wish Brandon had of started on the design team years ago instead of Ruben!)

As for Hordak, I think a shorter, toy accurate, cape would of been a nice way to change him up and offer a new display option.

So excited to get him! He was one of my favorite toys as a child. The only grip I really have is the belt not being accurate, which would have further helped to distinguish him from what we got. Don't think I heard Dan mention it though. Other than that, I think he looks fantastic!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I agree. Shorter cape would have been nice, but that's more tooling. Nice review Dan, thanks.

Will there EVER be a Multibot review? Dan? Hello?

As if you weren't busy enough.

Belt with the diamond would have been cool too, but again, more tooling.

I definitely would rather have the opening chest than a shorter cape and a new belt if there was only room in the budget for either. Also would have rather had the Snake torso than the hollow chest.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; August 16, 2015 at 07:37pm.

The fact that they did an actual pop out torso really redeemed this figure for me.

However, it's such a bad rub to know that they did this for Buzz Saw Hordak and not Rio Blast. They REALLY should have done it for Rio. Such a flawed figure in so many ways. I wish Rio would have come out this year rather than last year where the design team (Brandon) has been tackling figures so much better.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    The fact that the buzz saw just sits in the cavity instead of clipping in somewhere makes me think the torso was a quick sculpt instead of part of the initial design.

For the bobble head, did you try a different Hordak head? Just curious if it's the peg or the hole.

My suspicion is he was going to come with an attachment that connected to the chest and the buzz saw that made it look like it was launching out of the chest.

Now I wonder how easy it would be to customize that torso for a Rio Blast...
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Warrior
    Makes me really wish Rio had been done right! Really a "meh" figure for me still. I'm much more excited for Evil Seed and Mara this month.

Heroic Warrior
    I was very interested in how the most positive man on Eternia was going to tackle this figure - well done Dan for being able to say that much about a figure so similar to another and have only one sentence sound anything less than neutral.

An excellent, objective review. Thanks for pointing out the good and the bad, Dan. I appreciated your comments about Rio-Blast, too!

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I was very interested in how the most positive man on Eternia was going to tackle this figure - well done Dan for being able to say that much about a figure so similar to another and have only one sentence sound anything less than neutral.
    See, that's what bothers me about Dan's reviews in recent years. A reviewer by definition shouldn't be "the most positive man on Eternia" and in the past he didn't use to be. I want the old angry Panthor-is-not-flocked-what-were-they-thinking?-Dan back, who was more critical of figures' flaws. Many other reviewers actually have some kind of rating system (five stars or something similar) but Dan doesn't have that either.
    That being said, I still find his vidoes informative and entertaining and enjoy watching them.
    Awesome sticker included!

Another great review!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Warrior
    I noticed his loincloth is the same as hemans instead of the longer one from King Grayskull. At any rate, I plan on displaying him with Callix, Horde Wraith, and grizzlor w/ 200x head. That way I'll have a shelf for the horde from king Grayskulls time.

Your review as always very good and objective, I like your reviews. The figure IMHO sux.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

This figure is so unnecessary. The existence of the chest feature is crap knowing Rio missed out.

Buzz Saw Hordak is an essential part of this line and is by far and away my favoured version of this character. I never understood why Hordak would put on a gold armor to use his Hurricane powers.

Am totally glad Mattel decided to create the chest cavity to fit the Buzz Saw accessory. A needed aspect of tooling.

Fans should not mark down the figure because Rio Blast didn't have a chest cavity. That decision by Mattel was a poor one, as were the decisions not to give Dragstor a rotating wheel or Blast-Attak the ability to split in half. These are valid criticisms of the construction of those figures, not Buzzy.

Cannot wait the 2-3 weeks it will take for my Buzz hordak to arrive!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

@offtopi (sortof)

also noticed you have 3 private videos i wonder if that's any sort of upcoming reviews

I believe the white crossbow first came with the chase Hordak figure.

It was a silver one in the weapons pack, which I gave to Keldor. Though in your defense, Dan, Mattel called it white. White as Frosta's gray boots.

Also, I'm glad you took the time to mention Rio Blast again. What a failed figure. He and Goddess are the two biggest fails of the line IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    See, that's what bothers me about Dan's reviews in recent years. A reviewer by definition shouldn't be "the most positive man on Eternia" and in the past he didn't use to be. I want the old angry Panthor-is-not-flocked-what-were-they-thinking?-Dan back, who was more critical of figures' flaws. Many other reviewers actually have some kind of rating system (five stars or something similar) but Dan doesn't have that either.
    That being said, I still find his vidoes informative and entertaining and enjoy watching them.
    this is one of the main reasons i can't watch his videos. everything is just endlessly positive. even when he has a complaint, it's couched in forgiving language. they don't feel like critical reviews, instead more like cheerleading.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    this is one of the main reasons i can't watch his videos. everything is just endlessly positive. even when he has a complaint, it's couched in forgiving language. they don't feel like critical reviews, instead more like cheerleading.
    He doesn't tolerate any criticism of Mattel and the MOTUC line on his facebook page, either. He has made it clear that he does not accept any kind of "negativity" surrounding MOTU at all.
    Fair enough if that's his opinion.
    I just wonder if that really qualifies him as a reviewer of products that people pay lots of money for. I also wonder what has changed as he didn't use to be like that a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Maybe he's too much of a happy guy now and everything looks great and tolerable? i don't know, but i myself could benefit from a posture like that every now and then

PS: the way he slapped rio blast off the scene was pretty much "what were they thinking!?"esk for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Maybe he's too much of a happy guy now and everything looks great and tolerable? i don't know, but i myself could benefit from a posture like that every now and then

PS: the way he slapped rio blast off the scene was pretty much "what were they thinking!?"esk for me.
    I'm not really against a positive attitude as such.

Agreed on Rio Blast. Slapping him off the screen is kinda like saying "what were they thinking?". I have to re-watch his Rio Blast review because I can't remember if he was as critical of the figure back then as he seems to be now.

I always enjoyed Dan's MOTUC reviews ! I totally respect his work which he is does for us... And it costs us NOTHING !

However, when it comes to buying, I purely rely on my decision making ability ! After Rio's Reveal, I said **** YOU Rio ! And after seeing BS Hordak's reveal, I said Bull **** !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Would've been nice if they plused him up in some way. Say a detachable loincloth piece inspired by the staction figure? That could've looked pretty cool.
    Most wanted: Lodar and Despara!

Great review as usual PD!

The pop open chest makes this figure worth it. As far as Rio not getting the same treatment...he got A LOT more in the way of sculpting. Guns, new legs, arms head...had he gotten a totally new torso he'd have been more expensive than BS Hordak.

The only thing I wish for Hordak is that he should have come with some sort of energy blast that could plug into the open chest cavity and have the buzz saw exploding out of. That'd have been perfect.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Thanks again PD After seeing this, I really cannot understand why they couldn't have used this hollow chest to give Dragstor a working wheel--oh well

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Thanks again PD After seeing this, I really cannot understand why they couldn't have used this hollow chest to give Dragstor a working wheel--oh well
    This is a good point. They could have done a generic hollow chest torso that could have worked with Hordak, Rio and Dragstor. That way, they could have spread the cost out across several figures.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!