Thread: Mermista Arrival

Mermista Arrival

Well gotta say, Mermista is a fantastic figure to finish off 2014.

She is stunning. Her mermaid lower half shimmers like crazy and I'm scared to touch it in case the glitter falls off. Really well done and well articulated. The articulation is a nice surprise as there seems to be a lot of effort put into to, as opposed to something like Scorpia's tail

Human lower half is nice as well. Both lower halves fit much nicer than King Hsss's torso, which just pops off.

I don't understand the shield clips however. They are extremely small and tight and will chip the paint off her bracelets, unless I'm looking at them wrong. You'll see, unless I have some defect.

The sea shell horn is interesting, but she's noticeably missing a trident to fill her out.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Awesome pics! She does look amazing, I'll be ripping open both of mine to display both ways.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Agreed! The pics are amazing! I am curious to see what her head looks like on Frosta's body. Her hair color seems so much better suited to Frosta... They both have the pale skin too. We've gotten some awesome POP figures this year!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Use Marvel Legends Namor's base and DCUC Aquaman's trident, like Veebs did in his Fwoosh review!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Podcaster
    Does Mermista come in a regular blister card or an over-sized one like Ram Man?
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

I can't believe we are finally getting this figure!
    Man am I excited!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Does Mermista come in a regular blister card or an over-sized one like Ram Man?
    Regular blister. Everything fits. She's not big or anything. Her fish tail is just long if extended.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Regular blister. Everything fits. She's not big or anything. Her fish tail is just long if extended.
    Awesome, thanks! How about Spinnerella?
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

Wow, her eyes freak me out. Is it your camera or do her eyes really have this "fish-eye lens" look?

And the granny-panties ... oh my. I am now going to look up the original 4HM photos of her (update: see below). I really loved this figure in the vintage variant (had very few PoP), so I am a bit disappointed.

DSC6861.jpg
    Last edited by belmont; December 18, 2014 at 04:32pm.

SCB, do you own a Bow figure? Can you see what she would look like with Bow's harp?

I'm sorry but Mattel botched the heck out of this figure. Worst female figure to date. Face and hair are all wrong (looks too old). The granny panties are by far the most unacceptable on this figure, and with older looking face, it really adds to the age of her look. Fish tail is about the only thing great about her.

Where are the My Little Mermaid customs???

Heroic Warrior
    Mmm. Havent bought this months' figures yet. What do you guys reckon, should I get them now or wait for BF 2015? Surely none of these figures will sell-out sell-out EVER ...

csc, I couldn't disagree more. The crotch piece is awful, yes, but her face looks really good. Leaps beyond the other cosmetic surgery faces the other women have. It's clear from those group photos that Mermista and Netossa are at the top of the pack!

I am really, really pleased we got her in the line. I am not sure what I imagined her figure would look like but I have to say she does look older than I expected, but I guess I like the added variety in the POP gals.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Face and hair are all wrong (looks too old).
    I actually think the hair looks ideal, if you picture her in or just emerging from the water... The way it's swept back around the face and forehead blends that wet hair look with the impossible volume all the females seem to have in the hair department.

The hair color is too light...makes her look gray. Should have been a deeper blue or even a periwinkle color. She has Frosta's hair color, and Frosta has hers...Thanks Sherry!

Court Magician
    Love the lazy eye! It really makes her look more like a real character with real problems. I can't wait til mine gets here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The hair color is too light...makes her look gray. Should have been a deeper blue or even a periwinkle color. She has Frosta's hair color, and Frosta has hers...Thanks Sherry!
    I completely agree. The first thing I did when I opened mine was darken the hair. I need to go back over it with a drybrush layer of lighter blue - but nowhere near as light as the original color! I understand that the hair color is based on the toy, but ugh. That baby blue is too washed out and too close in color to her armor/fish tail. There's no contrast. She looks like a mermaid's ghost.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    csc, I couldn't disagree more. The crotch piece is awful, yes, but her face looks really good. Leaps beyond the other cosmetic surgery faces the other women have. It's clear from those group photos that Mermista and Netossa are at the top of the pack!
    Exactly. I love that every PoP figure isn't a teenager. Do folks think that people on Etheria simply do not age, or they all die at 25? LOL. That only happens in Chelsea.

And while I think a lot of times when folks talk about the overall topic/perception of male vs. female in media is overstated (the whole "woman in a fridge" thing), but in this case it's just a textbook example - has anyone once ever complained that a male MOTUC figure isn't 18 years old? I mean, obviously, the age of some characters is irrelevant (robots, etc.) but out of humanoid males, even if you take out the ones that are supposed to be older (MAA, Randor), there still is a great variety of ages depicted. I didn't see anyone complaining about Jitsu, Geldor, or a dozen other characters that clearly are not teenagers. But a woman looks old enough to vote and it's a scandal and she's "old".

FWIW, I always thought she was older on the show, as well. I'd peg her as in her 40's, and if that's the case, the figure looks pretty dang good - that salt water must do wonders for the complexion. She just isn't a pouty teenager, which is the most awesome thing about her.

I touched Mermista once, and now there is glitter on my hands...

Anyway, notice how her bio specifically says that if she hadn't killed Mer-Man, she would be dead? So NOW will you call it justifiable self-defense, and not cold-blooded murder?

Mermista is perfection. Happy to report the glitter is not coming off to my touch (it's been a concern)... my only flaw is that one of the ankles on her human lower half is rather loose, but I won't be displaying her much that way anyways, so it's no biggie. I do want a trident weapon for her to be included as a bonus accessory with a future figure (boy am I starting to miss those Weapons Paks!!!), but otherwise no complaints. I think she's turned out to be one of the most eye-catching figures in the line. Her skin tone and overall color scheme almost makes her glow off the shelf!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Mermista and Glimmer suffer horribly from that long crappy crotch they decided looked good for whatever reason.... I can't believe whoever designed that thing looked at it and said, damn....a job well done....

I will be displaying her likely in Mermaid mode however....when she finally gets here, mine is still in friggin CA.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!