Page 106 of 154 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3845

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I'm happy for you pattycakeman! For me, though, $50 per figure is just way too high with the rate that MOTUC come out. If they were 6 a year or something, maybe, but at that price point, I could buy a Hot Toys figure for the cost of 4 MOTUCs. Yikes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Translated version - My expectations have been so abused over the last 3 years that $50 a figure is worth it to not have to take it in the pooper anymore.

lol
    Haha maybe that's true, but over the last 4 years or so I've realized that their shipping isn't going to change, its going to suck. So I don't mind paying the $10 premium to get it a month before i normally would. To me, I just won't buy a GI Joe figure (but really who am i kidding I will still buy everything in the same amount). I'll bite the bullet on 1 figure months (where they will be $50/figure) and relish the multi figure months (where they will be closer to $40/figure).

Balthus: I completely see your point on 4 MOTUC = 1 Hot Toy, but for me I guess i would rather have those 4 MOTUC.

But on the bright side of things the terrible shipping i endured with Digital River over the past 4 years has made me extremely happy with every other shipping company out there!

On a funny note I ordered some Clothes from a Company in Sweden, and they provided free shipping via Fedex and will be here within 5 business days. Positive Swedish shipping experience 1... negative Swedish shipping experience 50+ One for the Good Guys!

So I had a message to call DHL about my shipment, and apparently it's being held in customs because I need to set up a customs broker myself. Did anyone else have any customs issues? I've never needed to set up a broker for anything that's come with FedEx or UPS.

Guess that answers the question on what DHL charges to broker items...they don't broker!

They will...but they sent me a letter for a one time power of attorney that is clearly designed for businesses since it wants things like my GST number. So I'll be calling back and explaining that I'm just a dude who ordered something off the internet. UPS, FedEx, CanadaPost, none of them make you jump through hoops.

Also, their rates seem to be $10.00 plus 2.5% of the value of the shipment.

WELL got my procustus and grannymr today, no tax and the shipping cost for those two were $21.25. Sigh, l'm really going to miss mattel's old shipping cost.

Got Mosquitor a month to the day with a hefty 20 dollar custom fee. YAY!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    My Granamyr & Procrustus arrived yesterday using the cheapest international shipping method............ except this time it arrived with a Canada Post tracking number. Guess where Canada Post states the package originated from:

Semmaa, Sweden.

Tracking number CD203955223SE

Anyone else's arrive with a red, white, and black Canada Post tracking number?
    If so, I think it's time to bombard the ask Matty board with this info to contradict what TG said he was told about that Swedish owned, but U.S. based distribution center
    that were supposedly shipping our packages straight to us (gotta find that quote...).
    Nice to finally have more concrete third-party proof that our stuff is really going to Sweden first. Since TG won't take our word for it, maybe he'll take Canada Post's.

Busted!
    Thanks for the info. I made a screenshot.

SEMMA is the UN/LOCODE for a port in Malm÷, Sweden.
    http://portarea.com/en/port/choose-p...almo-port.html
    http://www.fleetmon.com/en/ports/Malmo_5025

SEMMAA is an IMPC code. Malm÷.
    http://www.upu.int/uploads/tx_sbdownloader/108.txt

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I notice that there is only 2 shipping methods on Matty to Canada now. International Post and DHL. I've always used International Post but I'm thinking of changing for my sub to DHL now. Can someone please explain what DHL is? Is it much faster? I used USPS for Granamyr and got it within 2 days. Is DHl that fast? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    My Granamyr & Procrustus arrived yesterday using the cheapest international shipping method............ except this time it arrived with a Canada Post tracking number. Guess where Canada Post states the package originated from:

Semmaa, Sweden.

Tracking number CD203955223SE

Anyone else's arrive with a red, white, and black Canada Post tracking number?
    If so, I think it's time to bombard the ask Matty board with this info to contradict what TG said he was told about that Swedish owned, but U.S. based distribution center
    that were supposedly shipping our packages straight to us (gotta find that quote...).
    Nice to finally have more concrete third-party proof that our stuff is really going to Sweden first. Since TG won't take our word for it, maybe he'll take Canada Post's.
    Didnt you post a thread about it there? Did you delete it or did a mod delete it? Because it's gone...

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Didnt you post a thread about it there? Did you delete it or did a mod delete it? Because it's gone...
    that is nuts

2013/01/15 04:51 SEMMAA,Sweden International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

sooo.. i now need to check my shipment for Jan when it arrives.

so they are leaving from Sweden,

so the item is going from the US to Sweden and then Sweden is generating the tracking number to Canada??

what a joke..
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

On the plus side we're getting tracking now.

just check the tracking number on my dec box.
    they shipped the box from Sweden on Jan 3 and it arrived in Vancouver on Jan 9.
    it took longer to ship the box from US to Sweden than from Sweden to Canada.

I got my ecto-1 glow in the dark slimer yesterday ..... not really motu related, but figured i'd post. End of a really cool line.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I notice that there is only 2 shipping methods on Matty to Canada now. International Post and DHL. I've always used International Post but I'm thinking of changing for my sub to DHL now. Can someone please explain what DHL is? Is it much faster? I used USPS for Granamyr and got it within 2 days. Is DHl that fast? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    DHL is fast, but it's a pita for customs. Mine has been stuck in customs for a week. First DHL left a message for me that I needed to set up a customs broker. They'll gladly do it...minimum $10 + 2.5% of the value of the shipment. Oh, and you need to fill out a One Time Power of Attorney form and give them your credit card number.

Clearing yourself is also an option. They'll send you all the paperwork, and you just need to take it to CBSA, pay GST/PST on the shipment, then go back to DHL with the stamped paperwork and pick up your package. Easy peasy.

Except that my package is in Alberta and I'm in Saskatchewan. So I'll be calling DHL back tomorrow to figure out why they can't bring it to the proper province.

I suspect part of the problem is that DHL sold their Canadian business to Transforce, who resurrected the Loomis name. So if you're in a city with a DHL depot, great. If you've only got a Loomis depot, not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Busted!
    Thanks for the info. I made a screenshot.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc6ff4838.jpg

SEMMA is the UN/LOCODE for a port in Malm÷, Sweden.
    http://portarea.com/en/port/choose-p...almo-port.html
    http://www.fleetmon.com/en/ports/Malmo_5025

SEMMAA is an IMPC code. Malm÷.
    http://www.upu.int/uploads/tx_sbdownloader/108.txt
    Hahaha this post is awesome. I LOVE IT.

Emailed DR about that and they say it shouldn't have the sticker as it comes from USA. Man wish I didn't get mad at delete that email. OH WELL. Post that **** to TG, spam him now!

Day of sale Granamyr arrived yesterday! He's flawless - no issues whatsoever! An absolutely brilliant figure! I still can't believe they actually made him. I've wanted him for 30 years!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Thats nuts!!!!!!!! Should this really be that complicated? What happened to the UPS and USPS options? DHL doesn't seem like an option for me so I'm stuck paying high amounts for slow uninsured shipping. Good one Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    DHL is fast, but it's a pita for customs. Mine has been stuck in customs for a week. First DHL left a message for me that I needed to set up a customs broker. They'll gladly do it...minimum $10 + 2.5% of the value of the shipment. Oh, and you need to fill out a One Time Power of Attorney form and give them your credit card number.

Clearing yourself is also an option. They'll send you all the paperwork, and you just need to take it to CBSA, pay GST/PST on the shipment, then go back to DHL with the stamped paperwork and pick up your package. Easy peasy.

Except that my package is in Alberta and I'm in Saskatchewan. So I'll be calling DHL back tomorrow to figure out why they can't bring it to the proper province.

I suspect part of the problem is that DHL sold their Canadian business to Transforce, who resurrected the Loomis name. So if you're in a city with a DHL depot, great. If you've only got a Loomis depot, not great.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Okay, so I just got off the phone with DHL. Yes, I can still go to the airport here, get CBSA to stamp my paperwork, they'll forward a copy to DHL in Calgary, and then things can get moving. Most of what I've been reading online has been using self clearing to avoid UPS's ridonkulous customs charges. So that's a consideration too. Apparently UPS generally charges you 50% of the package value to clear.

Unfortunately we're under a blowing snow warning right now, so I won't be heading to the airport anytime soon. But I'll update people to see how much of a hassle it ends up being. I mean, if it saves me $10/month doing this...I guess that's not bad?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Got Mosquitor a month to the day with a hefty 20 dollar custom fee. YAY!!
    For one figure? Thats almost as much as the figure itself!!!

My Granamyr showed up with no customs fee, and in a separate box Procrustus and Mosquitor with no customs fee.

Only time I ever got hit was when I ordered two sets of Snake Men, and that was only $22.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    Most of what I've been reading online has been using self clearing to avoid UPS's ridonkulous customs charges. So that's a consideration too. Apparently UPS generally charges you 50% of the package value to clear.

Unfortunately we're under a blowing snow warning right now, so I won't be heading to the airport anytime soon. But I'll update people to see how much of a hassle it ends up being. I mean, if it saves me $10/month doing this...I guess that's not bad?
    UPS only chrarged $10 with the shipping service from Matty...usually the have a % rate....UPS not being available from Matty anymore is not a good thing.

I had a friend in the US pick up the He-Man/Superman and Skeletor/Luthor packs for me last year. He shipped them UPS, with the package valued at 60 bucks. UPS charged me 30 bucks for customs.

Hey guys, if you have any desire to see our shipping prices corrected, I've made a thread on the DR section of the Matty forum if you'd like to post in support. I'm trying to remain civil enough in my posts, though, so no expletives or anything would be appreciated

Hopefully we can get a ball rolling. If I don't hear anything soon I'm gonna ask TG himself, but since he asked us to go to CS I want to see of they actually even respond, which they haven't so far after a week.

Link here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...108#6171091108

Thanks!

Going over their to list my concerns =3.