Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Master of Backwards! Backwards Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacky41 View Post
    Still waiting on Scare Glow in Regina. I'm used to this line taking 4+ weeks to get here, but this has been the figure that has taken the longest to arrive, by far. The only slightly comforting thing to me is that so many other Canadians haven't received theirs yet, either.

On a related note, I completely forgot about the He-Man reissue until an hour after it was sold out. I immediately went over to Big Bad Toy Store and managed to get in on their "pre-order" for the figure. BBTS received the figure and shipped it to me - I got that 3 weeks ago.

Digital River really is a problem, IMO.
    Wow another Regina collector..let me know when you receive...if I don't get it the same day you do I will panic!

i'm still waiting for my scareglow and reissue he-man. this is the longest i have been waiting for MOTUC.

so how many collectors in canada received them by using the cheap shipping?

I feel guilty now, getting my cheaply shipped Scareglow Dec. 13.

Keep in mind, my own average time has been 8 weeks. That's how long it took me to get He-man, Hordak and almost that long to get Teela. So don't panic just yet.

Still, the radical differences in shipping times is just very strange and if I worked for Mattel I would be ashamed of it.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwards Man View Post
    Wow another Regina collector..let me know when you receive...if I don't get it the same day you do I will panic!
    Will do, if you'll do me the courtesy of letting me know the same.

I received Scareglow last week in Ottawa, Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by BustaJesse View Post
    I received Scareglow last week in Ottawa, Ontario.
    Out of curiosity, did you have the subscription for the last 4 figures of 2009, or did you order him on Matty?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I still haven't got my Scareglow yet either. Canada post is to blame I think. I won't worry until Randor and GG show up before him. Hopefully he'll be here next week.

So is there a time difference in ordering one figure versus 2 or more? I am in Ottawa and I am awaiting He-man and Scareglow, and I got a shipping notice on the Thursday night 18th after ordering that they were sent.

What is the shipping date on the packages? Is this Digital River sending out E-mails and then shipping days or weeks later?

As for UPS does the shippping rate from Matty.com (about 23.00) not include the UPS brokerage fee? I know the duty and taxes are extra, but the "fee" ups charges, is it not in the $23?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    So is there a time difference in ordering one figure versus 2 or more? I am in Ottawa and I am awaiting He-man and Scareglow, and I got a shipping notice on the Thursday night 18th after ordering that they were sent.

What is the shipping date on the packages? Is this Digital River sending out E-mails and then shipping days or weeks later?

As for UPS does the shippping rate from Matty.com (about 23.00) not include the UPS brokerage fee? I know the duty and taxes are extra, but the "fee" ups charges, is it not in the $23?
    There are absolutely NO BROKERAGE FEES OR DUTY! JUST G.S.T.
    All I've ever paid was an average of $5 CDN G.S.T. on every package, and the longest I've ever waited was 5 days, and it's guaranteed shipping time 48hrs. some of my shipping has even been refunded.

Why you guys choose the "cheap" shipping to save on average about $4 a figure only to maybe get your figures 6 weeks! later with random customs fees is crazy.

If you don't believe me try it yourselves.

The sad part is if you get your figures after 4-6 weeks and if they have defects any replacements they set aside are now long gone.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

When I have used UPS in the past I was charged a flat $100 fee for importing a pair of Shoes from the US.

Also UPS only delivers the packages if you are home all day, other wise you have to go to the depot in the middle of no where and pick them up. I generally work during the day and aren't around to wait for UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by TE-MAN View Post
    There are absolutely NO BROKERAGE FEES OR DUTY! JUST G.S.T.
    All I've ever paid was an average of $5 CDN G.S.T. on every package, and the longest I've ever waited was 5 days, and it's guaranteed shipping time 48hrs. some of my shipping has even been refunded.

Why you guys choose the "cheap" shipping to save on average about $4 a figure only to maybe get your figures 6 weeks! later with random customs fees is crazy.

If you don't believe me try it yourselves.

The sad part is if you get your figures after 4-6 weeks and if they have defects any replacements they set aside are now long gone.
    With cheap shipping, a single figure come to $28 US. With UPS, its what, $43? Thats definitely more than $4 per figure.

Well it becomes a fair point if you get charged customs. I remember feeling that I might as well have sprung the few extra bucks on Hordak instead of waiting 4 weeks. However, people shouldn't have to pay for UPS shipping just to ensure they get their product. It's just so wrong on every level. The sad thing though is nobody cares and I doubt that anyone important reads these threads--someone who could look into or sort out their customer service/shipping practices.

The thing is Mattel needs to offer a trackable air shipment through USPS, not just ground. UPS and FED EX type services are a real hassle for international shipments. USPS does offer more then ground shipment, digital river and/or Mattel just don't want to provide that service to us. It is only a few dollars more, has insurance, can be traced, and comes twice as fast. They really should offer it. Wun Dar is the only thing that has me happy about this subscription. Outside of that I really wish I didn't bother subscribing.

still no Scareglow love for Toronto i guess?
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    With cheap shipping, a single figure come to $28 US. With UPS, its what, $43? Thats definitely more than $4 per figure.
    Very true,
    however, how many people are only buying 1 at a time?
    Also if you know another collector in the same city, that helps.

But just to prove even further that UPS is the better option I will give you my most recent example ( King Randor and Goddess )

I baught 3 KR and 3GG, a total of exactly $152.20 USD or $164.70 CDN.(including shipping) (shipping UPS next day is $32.20 USD for 1-6 figures).

The G.S.T. at the door was $6.40 ( NO BROKERAGE OR DUTY ), for a grand total of $171.10 CDN which equals $28.52 per figure. (not bad right)

Well I guess I was lucky this time because UPS guarantee next day or your money back was late, so my money was refunded (not the first time this has happened) so now with a $34.40 CDN refund my figures ( $171.10 CDN minus $34.40CDN divded by 6 = $22.80 CDN. And that was just 1 day late not 4 weeks.

Doesn't sound too bad does it?

Very true,
    I know I only order one. :P
    Although i've got the sub so it doubly sucks when i gotta get a bonus figure.

I've got a friend who works for Purolator (UPS), he actually warned me about using UPS because of the brokerage fees and such. I'm am gonna test out the UPS on battlecat though, because he's worth the extra cash, so i'll see how that one goes.

Very true,

But just to prove even further that UPS is the better option I will give you my most recent example ( King Randor and Goddess )

I baught 3 KR and 3GG, a total of exactly $152.20 USD or $164.70 CDN.(including shipping) (shipping UPS next day is $32.20 USD for 1-6 figures).

The G.S.T. at the door was $6.40 ( NO BROKERAGE OR DUTY ), for a grand total of $171.10 CDN which equals $28.52 per figure. (not bad right)

Well I guess I was lucky this time because UPS guarantee next day or your money back was late, so my money was refunded (not the first time this has happened) so now with a $34.40 CDN refund my figures ( $171.10 CDN minus $34.40CDN divded by 6 = $22.80 CDN. And that was just 1 day late not 4 weeks.

Doesn't sound too bad does it?
    That is actually not that bad, too bad I`m locked into a sub now though

fast shipping from now on for sure.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    That is actually not that bad, too bad I`m locked into a sub now though

I know, at least you can still use UPS on bonus figures if you wanted.

When He-man went on sale Dec.1/08, I was so excited that I thought I would choose UPS just that one time but we're going on a year and a half and I've only used UPS

OPTICON: Trust me, after Battle Cat you won't go back to "cheap" shipping.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I know, at least you can still use UPS on bonus figures if you wanted.

When He-man went on sale Dec.1/08, I was so excited that I thought I would choose UPS just that one time but we're going on a year and a half and I've only used UPS

OPTICON: Trust me, after Battle Cat you won't go back to "cheap" shipping.
    My guess is that everyone who hasn't received Scare Glow (myself included) will be paying custome fees and there is a back log because of Christmas.

In terms of not going with the cheapo shipping I can't see myself paying more for the shipping than the price of the figure (I only order 1 of each figure). How can I justify paying $23 shipping on a $20 figure? It makes no sense to me.

Hopefully we all get our figures next week.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    How can I justify paying $23 shipping on a $20 figure? It makes no sense to me.
    This is why MATTEL needs to start mailing figures from Missisauga for Canadian customers!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    My guess is that everyone who hasn't received Scare Glow (myself included) will be paying custome fees and there is a back log because of Christmas.
    I guess you're right.

but i don't get is this... i bought something off ebay and it was shipped on Nov 30 with USPS. i received that package last week and paid custom fees & gst on it. so it must have gone thru customs and all the back log stuff....

on the other hand, i got my shipping confirmation for scareglow on the Nov 18th but i still havn't got it yet.... so did mattel only send out the shipping notice, without really sending out the package?

We need someone that has their shipping box check the post date against their E-mail, I think that the shipping E-mails go out a few days or even a week before the boxes go out.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    We need someone that has their shipping box check the post date against their E-mail, I think that the shipping E-mails go out a few days or even a week before the boxes go out.
    Thats been my experience in the past, so i'm guessing that will hold true this time as well.

master of hiphop
    something is up for sure.

I'm in Ajax Ontario, which is right outside Toronto,

No Scareglow and no He-man, I also did not get a USPS package that was sent to me 4 weeks ago,

now the thing is one of my MOTUC packages in sent to my work and one to my house and neither have arrived! shipping confirmation came via email Nov 19th and 21st. this is insane !!!!

i know they don't use USPS because there's no way it takes this long, does anyone know the type of shipping thats used for the "slow shipping" aka international shipping???
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html