Page 42 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3962

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    When I ordered the sub there was a choice, it's about $23.00 for 1 figure to ship it UPS. I decided on UPS after using USPS and getting sick of being told by DR that we shipped it and since it can't be tracked to just keep waiting all the time. Of course that was last year when the orders would take minimum 1 month to get to Canada.
    Yikes. I'd rather wait a full month than pay $23+ for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I did the UPS route as well. Though I get 2 subs, so it works out to about $11 shipping each (since it's still only $23 for 2).

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yeah, that's why I've stayed with the crappy shipping. Me am poor. <- (Faker)
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I did the UPS route as well. Though I get 2 subs, so it works out to about $11 shipping each (since it's still only $23 for 2).
    How many figures can you get & keep the UPS shipping at $23?

With a potential postal strike/lockout looming here in Canada around May 24th* or so, I'm tempted to get Catra shipped with UPS, but at that shipping rate it would be better to go in on a group order to split up the shipping cost. .....but then you run the risk of UPS' dreaded 'brokerage' fee (downright theft IMO) on that many figures.

Best bet would be to just wait for the reissue, but then you can't guarantee a reissue is coming now after TG's comments regarding fewer reissues.

*I'd be afraid of having my parcel waiting at customs during the possible strike/lockout & it going missing, or getting crushed while waiting for the strike/lockout to end.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    *I'd be afraid of having my parcel waiting at customs during the possible strike/lockout & it going missing, or getting crushed while waiting for the strike/lockout to end.
    I'm also highly concerned about this strike. I hope they just settle or something. I don't need my stuff getting lost!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

It's worth it, especially for a big package like this. I wouldn't want a box that size floating somewhere in the mail for 4-6 weeks. I'd rather pay that and have it now than pay the cost of regular shipping and the odds of possible/random customs charges...and getting my items after remote European countries have theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    It's worth it, especially for a big package like this. I wouldn't want a box that size floating somewhere in the mail for 4-6 weeks. I'd rather pay that and have it now than pay the cost of regular shipping and the odds of possible/random customs charges...and getting my items after remote European countries have theirs.
    ...but the odds of possible/random customs charges remains the same no matter who's doing the shipping.
    The only difference regarding customs is UPS will pay the customs up front on your behalf, then get their money back from you with the brokerage fee (at a substantial* mark-up).

*yes, I'm still bitter over the time UPS charged me $23 in brokerage fees on a $25 item.

Not trying to argue here, it's just that the part of your post I bolded makes it look like (at least how I read it anyways) that you can only get slapped with customs when you use USPS. If that's not what you meant, then please accept my apologies & disregard this post.

I haven't had problems with UPS and brokerage.
    I usually only pay tax on mine.
    It about $5 for the regular sized box - but I do have to pay it each time.

Actually the "UPS Economy" which Matty uses - does not have the 19.00 brokeage fee UPS charges on "Standard" all that does show up is the "Canadian Duty" on the value over $20.00. I never use it for regular one figures...but the March package was Sy-Klone / Panthor / and 2 wepons racks...23.66 UPS shipping and then the duty 7.29 at the door...the reg mail from Matty would ahve been 15.86 and then $5 "Brokerage" from Canada Post and then Duty...only a few dollars was worth it for the less than 2 days it took to get here...

but for a one month figure - Catra / Clawful / Man - E Faces - would go regular mail..

We only have until the 23rd?????????????

I thought a strike had to be one month after election...?????

Now I am worried about Catra....not worried about June (BG Teela / Faceless one) - Easy passes, hopefully things are done by July 15th
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Yeah, that's what I was originally told about the 1 month after the election, but all media outlets that I've seen anyways are using the 24th as the deadline date.

Thanks CC, good to know that UPS has a service that doesn't have a brokerage fee the same price as the item being shipped.

the union has voted yes on the strike mandate, and negotiation period has been extended until 00:00 May 24th. The strike can be called May 24 00:01. Hopefully they get an agreement and CPC stops just trying to take.

Sub Sy-klone and Panthor arrived today.

Heroic Warrior
    Sub-Panthor and Sy-Klone came today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    the union has voted yes on the strike mandate, and negotiation period has been extended until 00:00 May 24th. The strike can be called May 24 00:01. Hopefully they get an agreement and CPC stops just trying to take.
    I hope they don't strike. That would be terrible.

In other news, I think my Sy-Klone and Panthor arrived today, but I couldn't make it to the Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Our postal service is fine. It's the people doing the shipping that are to blame.
    I beg to differ I do quite a bit of shopping online myself, and this past Christmas I had all my shopping done by the first week of November. I had packages from both the UK and the USA arrive a week before Christmas. Leading up to this point, I called the post office (as I didn't have a tracking number) and they told me that all international packages can be held in customs for 10-14 business days. That's almost 3 weeks just sitting in customs! It's bad enough that everything lands back east and travels by ground to the west coast where I live. IMO 3 weeks is pretty slow.

So it's Canada Customs who are to blame then. They're the ones sitting on the packages for up to 3 weeks, using their magic eight ball to decide whether or not to charge us customs fees before releasing them to be shipped.

Has anyone gotten their non-subscribtion Sy-Klone or Panthor yet?

My weapons racks showed up today, $13.50 in charges, but they are here. (regular USPS)

Really wish they didn't bother with the red weapons colour.

J
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; May 4, 2011 at 08:08pm. Reason: received mine, no need to ask if anyone has yet

Got my sub Panthor/Sy-Klone today. Finally.

Got my sub Panthor/Sy-Klone today. Finally.
    Mine DID arrive yesterday! I picked it up today though.

I'm in Southern Ontario. I don't know if that makes a difference. From reading this thread, I get the impression those from BC usually get their stuff first though. Am I right?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Got my subs and Weapons Rack today. No additional fees.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Syklone and Panthor arrived. Still waiting for weapons rack.

London Ontario
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Heroic Warrior
    Wife just called and my 2x sub panthor and syklone just arrived.. $9 custom charge though

still waiting for my weapons rack

Got my April sub. The white mailer boxes on both were mutilated though. It's a good thing I open everything. If I was a MOC collector, I'd be ******.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Got my April sub. The white mailer boxes on both were mutilated though. It's a good thing I open everything. If I was a MOC collector, I'd be ******.
    My Panthor mailer was folded into and ripped his box open! I couldn't imaging how much I would freak if I was a MOC collector either.