Page 46 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3962

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Nothing here either...and I'm waiting on one item sent BEFORE the strike. Non-Matty related, but I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.
    It was a lock-out not a strike. Big difference that the media seems to be missing. Your mail stopped because of Canada Post, not the mail men.
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; July 1, 2011 at 04:53pm. Reason: spelling error

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    It was a lock-out not a strike. Big difference that the media seems to be missing. Your mail stopped because of Canada Post, not the mail men.
    Really? Because I remember a vote that was in-favour of job action, and rotating strikes that precipitated the lockout.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    it was a strike then a lockout. Now they are back to work so no need to get in a fight...

heres hoping I get my stuff today!
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

this is the week i've been getting my shipments usually...I'm hoping I get it this week but will not be surprised if its next week.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highway View Post
    Really? Because I remember a vote that was in-favour of job action, and rotating strikes that precipitated the lockout.
    Really. Those rotating strikes that affected 1 place at at time for only 24 hours at a time were a heck of a lot less damaging than affecting the entire country for 10 business days like the lockout did.

..... but yeah, lets only blame the workers for it.
    Last edited by marndt8448; July 4, 2011 at 09:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Really. Those rotating strikes that affected 1 place at at time for only 24 hours at a time were a heck of a lot less damaging than affecting the entire country for 10 business days like the lockout did.

..... but yeah, lets only blame the workers for it.
    And the workers voted in favour of the strike in March/April in regards to the offer at the time. The offers in May/June would have had a much different outcome if there was another vote. If Canada Post didn't lock everyone out the packages would be arriving about the same time, maybe 1 or 2 days later.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just meant strike because it started with rotating strikes. I didn't mean to start a debate. I'm not taking any sides on the issue.

Still no parcels for me though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Look guys, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and I'm the first to admit that I don't have any clue whats going on with Canada Post and its workers BUT as a unionized government worker, I have seen firsthand what the "workers" get away with. My best friend at work brags to me how he only works for about 4 hours a day and spends the rest of his time on his iphone. It makes me sick. In this day and age, with this economy, i thank my lucky stars that i have the job i have, with the benefits i have and that makes me work twice as hard as the guy next to me. I'm not saying that my Employer is always right but i'm not about to blame one side or the other 100%

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highway View Post
    Look guys, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and I'm the first to admit that I don't have any clue whats going on with Canada Post and its workers BUT as a unionized government worker, I have seen firsthand what the "workers" get away with. My best friend at work brags to me how he only works for about 4 hours a day and spends the rest of his time on his iphone. It makes me sick. In this day and age, with this economy, i thank my lucky stars that i have the job i have, with the benefits i have and that makes me work twice as hard as the guy next to me. I'm not saying that my Employer is always right but i'm not about to blame one side or the other 100%
    I'm a unionized govt worker and I can tell you this: no one is irreplaceable. Your guy getting away with all that stuff? The union couldn't protect his ass forever if his superiors started taking note of all his behavior - spending most of your time at work doing unauthorized stuff is basically ripping your employer off, I don't know the term in english for it (I'm from Quebec) but here we call it something akin to 'worktime theft', and it will get people fired. I've seen it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    I'm a unionized govt worker and I can tell you this: no one is irreplaceable. Your guy getting away with all that stuff? The union couldn't protect his ass forever if his superiors started taking note of all his behavior - spending most of your time at work doing unauthorized stuff is basically ripping your employer off, I don't know the term in english for it (I'm from Quebec) but here we call it something akin to 'worktime theft', and it will get people fired. I've seen it happen.
    You're right, it's "time theft" in english If his employer starts issuing written warnings he could get fired in no time. The union can only go so far to protect him. If his employer has reasonable grounds for termination then there's nothing anyone can do.

my replacement Catra shows up today. it was shipped out on May 29.

probably another week until the June package shows up.
    Last edited by sgreg; July 5, 2011 at 01:25pm.

What happened to your first Catra?

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    What happened to your first Catra?
    they sent me one with "the original" bust on it.

no one recieve their june figures yet?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    no one recieve their june figures yet?
    Nope, it seems like they are delivering the new mail before the mail stuck in transit from the strike/lockout.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Nope, it seems like they are delivering the new mail before the mail stuck in transit from the strike/lockout.
    awww man! I promised a girl I'd be "Master of my domain" until i got my june figures! ... it's a fairly random date, as I dont know when it's coming in, but I assumed in the next day or so ..... this is gonna suck!
    Religion = The Horde

Finally got June shipment today in Winnipeg
    On Twitter @DualHares

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Got Battleground Teela and Faceless One in mail today.

Still waiting on Catra.

Widget
    I got bg teela and the faceless one in vancouver today. Not a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    Got Battleground Teela and Faceless One in mail today.

Still waiting on Catra.
    yes! YES! YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Tomorrow or wednesday for me then! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!
    Religion = The Horde

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I haven't received any of my parcels yet. I'm very, very concerned. One parcel was from quite a while before the strike business, my 2 Catra replacements (bad paint issues), my June sub and June order.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

edited post
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

My Faceless One & Battle Ground Teela arrived yesterday. No QC issues either. Plus my Big Bad Toy Store order arrived Monday, so everything ordered pre-lockout has arrived. What a relief, knowing that's over with.

Now I can look forward to the 15th sale.... I just wish I had enough $$ to get Battle Cat & Panthor as part of my order (I'm hoping to get Clawful & Buzz-off, WSOD willing)

My June Sub package arrived today. my July Sub renewed today also. now i am just waiting for the 200X Keldor that i purchased from a board member and everything is set.