Page 50 of 159 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3968

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I just received a single Cpt Glenn to Winnipeg via standard shipping and they are trying to charge me $26 extra. I told them to take it to the post office while I decide whether or not to retrieve it. Do I have any options here?
    On Twitter @DualHares

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    I just received a single Cpt Glenn to Winnipeg via standard shipping and they are trying to charge me $26 extra. I told them to take it to the post office while I decide whether or not to retrieve it. Do I have any options here?
    That's insane....

Is it just for customs???

I believe it was customs, yes. Only my wife was home at the time so I was going to check it out tonight. Anyone else ever have a seemingly outrageous charge?
    On Twitter @DualHares

Wow, haven't posted in ages.

Only recently started picking up the new line. I got a Keldor a while back and I ordered Hordak, Battlecat, Skeletor, Trap-jaw, Evil-Lyn and He-Man a few weeks ago and I had them in about 2-3 weeks. They were waiting for me when I got home. No problems with customs or anything. I'm expecting my Queen Marlena this week and I ordered Beast Man and Man-E-Faces today.
    "Goodbye Major Cinnemonbun!! I will always remember your buttery goodness!!"

"Your power is impressive Greyskull."

I get hit with customs on occasion, but only when I've bought multiples and I think the most was $18 on about $100 worth of goods
    On Twitter @DualHares

London Ontario - Captain Glenn and Stay puft arrived. Got hit with customs charges of 20 dollars! What the hell mattel? .... i want money back for that.

Also, i ordered stay puft as sort of a .... well his face looks like he's a downie, but I do have every other GB figure, from 80's, 90's NECA and so on ... might as well.... box comes to the front door, and im like who is this for!? ... my mail lady knows me at this point, and she's like "you!" .... i pay for it and open it up

STAY PUFT IS FREAKIN MASSIVE!, and his diorama is so cool .... and he's mashmallowy feeling! I had no idea .... I am so glad I got him, I just wish he didnt look like he was missing half a chromosome.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'm usually not too far behind stickfa for getting my figures...I can't wait for captain glenn...I got three coming. 1 moc and two to display both of her characters...I'm pumped!!!

Good news, Stickfa - hopefully my Marlena will arrive tomorrow then!

Just so everyone is 'prepared' the brokerage fee that is charged on Canadian parcels by Canada Post was $5.00 it has just recently gone to $8.50. That is separate from the 'Duty' that is charged on the value of the goods. That flat rate applies if they duty a parcel, regardless of the value - which has the 13% duty put on it.

Stikfa...welcome to international shipping. Just remember it is not the value on the outside of the package, it is the value you get when you see what is inside the package that counts....any day now Marlena....any day now....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Just so everyone is 'prepared' the brokerage fee that is charged on Canadian parcels by Canada Post was $5.00 it has just recently gone to $8.50. That is separate from the 'Duty' that is charged on the value of the goods. That flat rate applies if they duty a parcel, regardless of the value - which has the 13% duty put on it.

Stikfa...welcome to international shipping. Just remember it is not the value on the outside of the package, it is the value you get when you see what is inside the package that counts....any day now Marlena....any day now....
    That fee is put on by Canada Customs and not Canada Post.

Ugh I'd better not get a friggin customs charge on Marleena. I've been lucky enough to avoid it so far.

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently, we should be paying taxes and duty on all parcels over $20 but I've yet to pay anything when buying from Matty or Ebay. The only time I got hit was when I bought a Teela from bigassbuzz and got smacked with a 30$ charge at the door. BTW, Capt. Glenn came today...ordered her around the 3rd or the 4th while i was on holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post

.... dude I started this thread .... I've been buying and selling internationally for years. This is maybe the second or third time I've ever had charges at the door ... and i know it's customs that does it. It would bother me if it was on all things, but why some and not others? .... their inconsistency annoys me and makes me think mattel should know what is causing it so that if they can, they can avoid it. If its size, or weight, that cant be helped, but if it's due to paper work on the box stating that it's worth more than like 10 dollars or something ... come on ... it's toys, it's hardly a major transaction.
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    That fee is put on by Canada Customs and not Canada Post.
    The $8.50 is a charge that Canada Post applies to all packages on which duty or taxes are collected.
    Directly from their website: As a result of government funding changes, as of June 4 Canada Post will be compensated for collecting duties and taxes on behalf of CBSA through an $8.50 fee to customers for all mail that has been assessed with import duties by CBSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    .... dude I started this thread .... I've been buying and selling internationally for years. This is maybe the second or third time I've ever had charges at the door ... and i know it's customs that does it. It would bother me if it was on all things, but why some and not others? .... their inconsistency annoys me and makes me think mattel should know what is causing it so that if they can, they can avoid it. If its size, or weight, that cant be helped, but if it's due to paper work on the box stating that it's worth more than like 10 dollars or something ... come on ... it's toys, it's hardly a major transaction.
    The one time I did get dinged, I asked the postal worker *** was up with the ridiculous charge and why I was only charged once in a while. He told me it was completely random, and it's luck of the draw.

IMO it's a crime that they can get away with charging almost more than the friggin' action figure in customs charges.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    London Ontario - Captain Glenn and Stay puft arrived. Got hit with customs charges of 20 dollars! What the hell mattel? .... i want money back for that.

Also, i ordered stay puft as sort of a .... well his face looks like he's a downie, but I do have every other GB figure, from 80's, 90's NECA and so on ... might as well.... box comes to the front door, and im like who is this for!? ... my mail lady knows me at this point, and she's like "you!" .... i pay for it and open it up

STAY PUFT IS FREAKIN MASSIVE!, and his diorama is so cool .... and he's mashmallowy feeling! I had no idea .... I am so glad I got him, I just wish he didnt look like he was missing half a chromosome.
    ***!

I'm in London Ontario and I still haven't received Hordak or Evil-Lyn yet and I got notification email saying they were shipped on July 28th...that's was three weeks ago! Is this normal?? Like I said I normally pay for UPS but went with regular post this time. I don't know how long I should wait before worrying...

Widget
    I'm in rural NB, and I almost always get stuff in (cheapest mailing option available of course) about 3-4 weeks after Matty sends an email shipping notice.
    Went a little longer during the postal strike, but everything before and after the strike takes about 3 weeks give or take a few days.
    I've only been hit with customs charges once on MOTUC, and a few times with other random stuff I bought from the states. The brokerage fee is so insulting! A big fee payed only because my shipment was randomly selected over others.
    I guess it would be impossible for every parcel entering Canada to get the full import/duty treatment. I don't mind random selection because most of my parcels arrive with no duty to be paid. The brokerage fee (is that the proper term? 8.50$), on top of duty, is a shame.

i think it is time for a change, the paper works and labour costs to charge these small items duties and taxes are more than what the government can collect. they should just increase the tax free limit and save everyone some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    The one time I did get dinged, I asked the postal worker *** was up with the ridiculous charge and why I was only charged once in a while. He told me it was completely random, and it's luck of the draw.

IMO it's a crime that they can get away with charging almost more than the friggin' action figure in customs charges.
    I agree, it passes over an invisible line in the sand and all of a sudden I owe 20 dollars more? ..... But if I drive 1 hour over the border, get what I need and come back across and it's under 200 dollars, the border people are like "Have a nice day" .... what the hell? ... why do I get charged when someone else delivers it?

because it's random makes me think it's BS. No real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian_Canadian View Post
    ***!

I'm in London Ontario and I still haven't received Hordak or Evil-Lyn yet and I got notification email saying they were shipped on July 28th...that's was three weeks ago! Is this normal?? Like I said I normally pay for UPS but went with regular post this time. I don't know how long I should wait before worrying...
    i always go ground, takes about 2-3 weeks. If I order on the 15th, i recieve the items on about the 14th of the next month, but that was back in the day. They have gotten better and i more frequently receive the items on about 15 days after I order.
    Last edited by Stickfa; August 18, 2011 at 02:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    Wow, that's nuts!
    The $20 customs for stickfa's order does sound correct, considering the combined price of both items (sorry stickfa)..... but $26 customs on a $25 item isn't right at all. DR must have put the wrong total down on the declaration label again.

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do. You either pay the amount now, swear at DR under you breath, and send in a claim to Canada Customs that you were charged too much in customs. That should work, as long as you include your invoice (with the correct amount you paid for the item) & the incorrect customs declaration form DR filled out on the side of the box in order to show the discrepancy. That should get you the difference back, but definitely don't hold your breath waiting to be reimbursed, it will take a loooonnnnggg time.
    .....and that's all based off my assumption that DR wrote down the wrong amount on the declaration form.

Or you could refuse it. Then you've got to try to explain to DR why you refused it & that you actually want the item, but you want them to fix their screw up first. I think you'll have better luck talking to a brick wall in that regard though.

Not much else you can do. Canada Customs can't change anything regarding that amount until DR changes it first. As far as Canada Customs is concerned, whatever DR said the amount was on the ouside of the box is correct & Canada Post has to either return the item or get the amount that Canada Customs says to get.

Yeah, it's tough to argue postal charges with Canada Post or whoever. They really don't care if you pick up your package or not, so you can argue til you're blue in the face and they'll just send it back to the return address.

However, if DR screwed up the total cost of the items and that's why you're being dinged, in my experience Canada Post/whoever is good about refunding extra charges. I got billed once for customs on some item from a private seller in America and I told them it was a private seller and gave proof and they refunded the charges within a couple weeks.

The fact that Customs is missing some of these parcels is a VERY GOOD THING! The old rule does say something like a value over $20 is to be looked at and then dutied. They have missed ones I get that have outside value stated over $70.00 ! They have got ones that are listed at 20 - and 25 dollars. Anything I get sent over $20...I mentally prepare for duty / customs and everyone that doesn't get hit...it is a good day!

Now if the shipper miss values...that is a different story...I have got boxes with 2 figures and they list value at $20...Canada Customs does not touch it...so again....that is a good day!

Sorry about the Canada Post / Canada Customs error...the brokerage is from Canada Customs through Canada Post, but UPS and Fed Ex have brokerage charges too...UPS starts at 19.95 and goes up quickly based onthe value of the goodies in the box. Fed Ex has a flat $10.00. MY personal favorite! Quick shipping and cheap brokerage!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Just got my UPS'd Man-E-Faces. For the second month in a row, I've had no extra charges from UPS at the door. That makes up for the overcharged Teela package, but I hope it keeps going like this!

Hmm, received my Queen Marlena today, no customs charges at all. Very random how these turn up, and frustrating too (I myself have been dinged on these before, and with Gygor set to arrive I'm worried about that).

Still, at least now my King Randor has a place for his royal sceptre ... if you know what I mean.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

I still haven't received my Marlena or Swamp Thing. UGH!