Page 56 of 158 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3937

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

My packages have been arriving pretty timely the last year or so. When I first started the line they were slow as hell, sometimes up to a month or more! Now I get them within 2 1/2 weeks usually. Not ultra fast, but still better than the more expensive shipping option IMO.

Court Magician
    I'm not really surprised it's taking so long honestly. Digital River can barely seem to handle the regular sales days with only a handful of products on sale effectively. There was also the big Ghostbusters sale that started the same time, which was probably just too much for them. Hence the slowness. I'm expecting things to start showing by the end of the week or early next.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandalero View Post
    USPS is only $8 but it's a toss up on if you'll receive it or not.
    Really? Have you had a few lost in the mail? All of my Matty orders have arrived *knocks on wood*
    Like Balthus & sgreg, I was getting my items rather quickly all year..... until this moth, but like I stated in an earlier post,delays are expected unfortunately as we approach the Christmas rush (which typically starts last week of Oct.) as many buy online early to ensure their items actually arrive before christmas.

I received my GB trap, which I ordered on sale day, my sub stuff was ordered and shipped BEFORE sale day. How did I get the trap first? .... do you think I should call DR and complain, or keep waiting? .... I am getting nervous as hell about this. All my packages have been making it to me in 2-3 weeks recently ..... but this 1 has been over a month, and it beat my earlier order.....

What do you guys think? am I being a spaz or should I call them?
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

It's impossible to say. You might as well call. Of course as soon as you contact them your shipment could arrive. Or you could keep waiting, and it will keep not coming...even though Siberia has their figures by now. We all know this is the standard BS for Canadian customers. I get a kick out of it when I see Americans complaining about their shipping times, they have no idea

Doesn't hurt to call Stickfa, especially since your GB trap arrived while your first order still hasn't.
    ....but you certainly aren't alone in still waiting for your items to arrive.

Well, I got another delivery notice card today to pick up an item at the postal outlet tomorrow. Hopefully this time it'll be my Oct. Matty order.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    I received my GB trap, which I ordered on sale day, my sub stuff was ordered and shipped BEFORE sale day. How did I get the trap first? .... do you think I should call DR and complain, or keep waiting? .... I am getting nervous as hell about this. All my packages have been making it to me in 2-3 weeks recently ..... but this 1 has been over a month, and it beat my earlier order.....

What do you guys think? am I being a spaz or should I call them?
    All they can do is confirm they shipped it, right? I'm still waiting too... I've been concerned in the past, but stuff always shows up. I'll be sure to post here when Icarius/Merman arrive. Do you also live in the boonies (rural)? Sometimes I think my slow shipping is because I'm not in an urban center. Sometimes it's because of customs/duty (what a pain).

Quote Originally Posted by jez79 View Post
    All they can do is confirm they shipped it, right? I'm still waiting too... I've been concerned in the past, but stuff always shows up. I'll be sure to post here when Icarius/Merman arrive. Do you also live in the boonies (rural)? Sometimes I think my slow shipping is because I'm not in an urban center. Sometimes it's because of customs/duty (what a pain).
    nah I dont live in the boonies, i live in a fairly large city, (400,000) and it's a 2 hour drive from toronto ....

if it's not there tomorrow I will phone. What do you think my luck is getting another one if this one doesnt show?
    Religion = The Horde

This second delivery notice card wasn't for my Oct. Matty order either. I went to the postal outlet after work to pick up what turned out to be my DCUC Anti-Monitor I bought on eBay.

.......but I got another delivery notice got in my mailbox today saying there's a parcel I can pick up tomorrow. This has got to be my Oct. Matty order, as the only other thing I've bought online was MOTUC Snout Spout two days ago.
    Hopefully your order has arrived too Stickfa.

Widget
    Success! Merman and Icarius in my mailbox.

Stickfa: My one experience with matty/digital river customer support was positive and fairly hassle free. I had to email them a few times to get the ball rolling faster, but politeness and honesty paid off (I'm so Canadian, right? I mean, eh? :P) They replaced my Battle Cat that arrived with an unattached leg that no amount of effort could put back on. The part may have been defective. They sent me a new one no questions asked, but it did take quite a while.
    My situation was for a defective unit. Yours may be different, they would likely ask you to wait. You could at least get them to check and confirm the shipping date and method, double check your shipping address, etc.
    Best of luck!

My Matty order did arrive.
    Just for the heck of it, I checked to see if i could pick up my item tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow, and it was in.

Court Magician
    Mine showed up today as well. Keep an eye out guys, I imagine everyone's will show within the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jez79 View Post
    Success! Merman and Icarius in my mailbox.

Stickfa: My one experience with matty/digital river customer support was positive and fairly hassle free. I had to email them a few times to get the ball rolling faster, but politeness and honesty paid off (I'm so Canadian, right? I mean, eh? :P) They replaced my Battle Cat that arrived with an unattached leg that no amount of effort could put back on. The part may have been defective. They sent me a new one no questions asked, but it did take quite a while.
    My situation was for a defective unit. Yours may be different, they would likely ask you to wait. You could at least get them to check and confirm the shipping date and method, double check your shipping address, etc.
    Best of luck!
    Thank you, and the rest of you for being so nice about this. I was going to call in a rage today if my figures werent in..... by in a rage I mean a Canadian rage, something to the tune of "Ya, my figures arent here yet and my trap made it. Is there anything we can do about this? ..... yes ... Ill hold ... " lol

But if they are showing up, then I am cool with it. For them to show up around the same time for everyone, this would seem to not be a post office issue, but rather a delayed mailing issue. Maybe when they claimed the items were mailed, they werent, so a few extra days went by.... either way, I will hold out until i check the mail on monday.

Thanks guys!
    Religion = The Horde

Still no Flipshot for me either so I'm with ya, Stickfa. Hopefully tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    Still no Flipshot for me either so I'm with ya, Stickfa. Hopefully tomorrow.
    at least it's not just me. I phone today after NOT getting my package, talked to them, they were very nice, opened a ticket to find where my package went, and gave me a reference number.

Because life is funny like this, this means that I will show up in my mail box tomorrow.

you guys need to reply more so my posts dont get joined into 1! lol

anyways, I got my package today. It had customs on it so I had to go pick it up ..... why is customs so damn random? ... my ghostbusters trap is MASSIVE and it has no customs, yet this much smaller lighter box had 18 dollars in customs on it .... what the hell?
    Last edited by Stickfa; November 24, 2011 at 05:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That sucks about customs, but I'm glad you finally got your parcel!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

anyways, I got my package today. It had customs on it so I had to go pick it up ..... why is customs so damn random? ... my ghostbusters trap is MASSIVE and it has no customs, yet this much smaller lighter box had 18 dollars in customs on it .... what the hell?
    I think I said this earlier, but I actually asked my postman once when I got dinged with customs about this very issue. He told me it's literally completely random. They have to examine "x" amount of boxes, and they just pick them at random. Pretty awesome.

How much in customs charges are you guys paying when you order two figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I think I said this earlier, but I actually asked my postman once when I got dinged with customs about this very issue. He told me it's literally completely random. They have to examine "x" amount of boxes, and they just pick them at random. Pretty awesome.
    god that's such BS. How about you check all the packages that the drug/bomb sniffing dogs show interest in, and leave my toys alone. It's not like they would be hard to employ ...... 2 beggin strips an hour .... like every other persona making minimum wage. lol
    Religion = The Horde

Still no Flipshot for me

Sorry to hear you got dinged for 18 bucks, Stickfa. I'm guessing that's what I'm gonna get dinged for too when he eventually comes. Which is probably why he is late...

My Ghost Trap had 20 bucks customs on it, yet my box of six Ghostbusters figures from the Halloween sale had no customs on it. Random indeed.

That kind of high customs is charge is why I started using UPS for a lot of my orders. Hordak took four weeks, and then I got hit with customs. I figured out that I'd only be spending a few dollars more had I UPS'd it, and would have had it weeks earlier.

My UPS Snout Spout and She-Ra arrived on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    That kind of high customs is charge is why I started using UPS for a lot of my orders. Hordak took four weeks, and then I got hit with customs. I figured out that I'd only be spending a few dollars more had I UPS'd it, and would have had it weeks earlier.

My UPS Snout Spout and She-Ra arrived on Tuesday.
    That makes sense and it doesnt. If you're gonna pay customs, you might as well go UPS and get it faster with no customs .... but then if you do that you're guaranteed to pay more every time. I guess if I have to pick one, random charges are the cheaper way to go ....

Also Simon Templar looks sweet on my wall. = )
    Religion = The Horde

It makes sense if you want items faster, lol. Sometimes I'd rather just get it fast and not have to worry about delays and 'where's my package'. I mean people still don't have Icarius. He's arrived in Antarctica by now. I had him last month.

Also, sometimes it works out that a large package is close in price b/w regular shipping and UPS. In that case it's a no-brainer.

That makes sense and it doesnt. If you're gonna pay customs, you might as well go UPS....
    ...but if you do get hit with customs when using UPS, you've got the additional Brokerage Fee on top of the customs charges.
    So worst case scenario with UPS is you're already paying more for shipping to begin with, then you get customs charges and UPS' brokerage fee.