Page 88 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3986

Thread: Canadian MOTUC Shipping Discussion

I'm probably alone here, but I found this response rage inducing:

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    Thanks everyone. It would be helpful to have a few hundred examples instead of less than 20 (in order to demonstrate the extent of this issue. Any chance anyone else can share some info. I really need more examples with concrete info, not just a discussion.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I'm probably alone here, but I found this response rage inducing:
    It's stupid because even though they acknowledge there might be a problem, they won't do anything about it unless they have proof that a ton of people are up in arms about it.

"How many people have gotten sick from lead paint? Hopefully there are a few hundred cases to demonstrate the extent of the issue. Otherwise it's not worth looking into. Thanks."

Sending packages to Sweden first (or anywhere else) results in longer shipping times and greater costs (it must cost money to keep shipping packages to Sweden first, then back to Canada). Replace the health issue with a money/inconvenience issue and it's the same thing. Ridiculous.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Exactly. Ridiculous.

I'll send him my order info too. My boxes have Sweden on them too. What do I have to do? And my Meckaneck & DB Skeletor are here I believe. I have to go pick something up at the post office.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    Just got my September figures here in Winnipeg yesterday. The box was banged up a bit on the outside but no real damage to the product inside, even though it was packaged loosely with zero packing-paper to protect it. I also had the LARGEST customs charge ever to date on one box of items (2 of each as usual); $38.79! On top of $24 for shipping that is just insane! Over $60 bucks on top of $160 worth of toys! The customs handling fee alone was $20 which is usually $10 for similar boxes. So either it went up recently or they are pooching me and hoping I won't fight it. I may have to start challenging the customs charges even though my postal carriers have told me it's moot to try anyway.

This has me super worried about 2013 as I know prices are going up all around the board, plus every package for the last year and a half has gone to Sweden first before coming here. I thought NAFTA was supposed to be a good thing and stop nonsense like this!
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Got my sub package yesterday. No customs charges!

Went to the post office to pick up my parcel. I had no idea the Snake Men were part of the sub! Sweden sticker on mine!
    MattOnDemand.com

Be sure to post about it if you guys get a Swedish package. Maybe we'll hit the couple hundred mark by the end of 2013...

Did you get customs charges, Matt?

Did you get customs charges, Matt?
    No, sir! I didn't !!
    MattOnDemand.com

Got my items on thursday, no customs. Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, and the Snake Men are awesome ... and DR has been doing such a good job recently that I totally forgot to post. It was like "Ya, that's about right .... time to hang em on my wall!" ..... lol

= )
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

got mine from good ol sweden off to post now
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    My sub arrived today from Sweden. No customs.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My sub also arrived from Sweden today. No customs!!!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

master of hiphop
    I haven't gotten mine yet.. but let me pose this question.. remember back in 09 even 10 when we were all getting hit with custom charges.. i don't think they were coming from Sweden at that time.. now that we are all getting packages from Sweden via "International Post" no one seems to be getting hit custom charges.. or if they do it's very slim to none.. do you think there is a common thread between the two??
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Nothing received here yet for my day of sale, or early bird snake-Men. In Winnipeg

J

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    I haven't gotten mine yet.. but let me pose this question.. remember back in 09 even 10 when we were all getting hit with custom charges.. i don't think they were coming from Sweden at that time.. now that we are all getting packages from Sweden via "International Post" no one seems to be getting hit custom charges.. or if they do it's very slim to none.. do you think there is a common thread between the two??
    But in 2011 the packages didn't come from Sweden and I didn't incur any customs charges whatsoever. I was actually super happy about the ship times in 2011 because they started to get it down to around 2 weeks. It was around the time of the Demo-Man fiasco that ship times started to get longer and longer, but I can't remember if that's around when the Sweden stuff started.

master of hiphop
    But in 2011 the packages didn't come from Sweden and I didn't incur any customs charges whatsoever. I was actually super happy about the ship times in 2011 because they started to get it down to around 2 weeks. It was around the time of the Demo-Man fiasco that ship times started to get longer and longer, but I can't remember if that's around when the Sweden stuff started.
    Yeah your right.. i remember though back in 09 and 10 it took a good month to get to me.. but there was no Sweden postage i guess it has been about a year now with the Sweden postage ..

it's all such a blur now
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Warrior
    The last time the sub took only 2-3 weeks to get here for me was Swiftwind and Snout Spout. That was November/December 2011. After that was the Demo-Man delay (December 2011) and the Starsisters fiasco (January 2012). I think that is when people started noticing the Sweden sticker on the boxes. Since then, I usually get them by the time the next month's figure goes on sale. Personally, I don't care as long as I get them, but what really bothers me is when Scott and DR say they need to raise shipping prices yet the figures are going on a tour around the world.

Keldor was the fastest for me. 2 weeks. I remember because I had 4 of them and that's when I met TheShadow here in Toronto and sold him one. But I remember getting Keldor two weeks after sale date and was like "whoa that was insanely fast". After that it went back to 4-5 weeks.
    MattOnDemand.com

Marzo was the fastest that I recall. Less than two weeks.

received september sub package no customs. no sweden stamp on it.

Still no Mekaneck for me, and I'm moving to Manitoba next week....I'm kinda worried....I would have thought that a month to deliver a package would have been enough.

Ironically, I ordered something else off ebay a few days after purchasing Meka, and that package arrived last week!

still have not got my september sub items yet

Yeah, you're not alone guys; don't worry just yet. Admittedly, I was worried, too, until I heard from quite a few others that they were still waiting as well.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Nothing in Ottawa yet.

Yeah, you're not alone guys; don't worry just yet. Admittedly, I was worried, too, until I heard from quite a few others that they were still waiting as well.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.