Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zodac/Zodak .. ?

Zodac/Zodak .. ?

o.k. ... o.k. ... this thread will probably get pulled, but ... can someone please tell me what is the difference between Zodac and Zodak? ...

so I get the fact that they are both Cosmic Enforcers, but are the 'Cosmic Enforecers' like an army or warriors? ... if so, then I totally get it ...

if not - then i'm lost ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    A lot of people seem to think me them as MOTU's equivalent of the Green Lantern Corps.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Okay the basics (which is all I really know)

1) Zodac is white...Zodak is black

2) Zodac is a more distant cosmic enforcer (neutral) whereas Zodak is a more hands on type in the battle of good versus evil.

3) Zodac spends most of his time in space whereas Zodak is based on Eternia.

4) Zodac is a creation from the vintage line whereas Zodak is s MYP concoction.

Other than that I don't know much about the two. But I do believe the Cosmic Enforcers are like the Green Lanterns as DreamTripper stated.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    ZODAC was the original. ZODAK was his apprentice before he joined the Overlords of Trolla.

Besides, Zodac is Cosmic Enforcer while Zodak is Mystic Enforcer. Not really sure what the differences are but I'm guessing being a "mystic" enforcer has you tied in with Eternia only, while being a "cosmic" enforcer is more universal.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I think those posts sum it up pretty well. "C" is a Cosmic Enforcer, "K" is a Mystic Enforcer. "C" in the original line, "K" in the 200x series.

Oh, the one question I had was, is "C" the one that King Hsss ate? (in the cartoon) Or was that someone else entirely? I know it was "K"s brother but was "C" his brother in the 200x series?

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I think those posts sum it up pretty well. "C" is a Cosmic Enforcer, "K" is a Mystic Enforcer. "C" in the original line, "K" in the 200x series.

Oh, the one question I had was, is "C" the one that King Hsss ate? (in the cartoon) Or was that someone else entirely? I know it was "K"s brother but was "C" his brother in the 200x series?
    I am not 100% sure but I highly doubt it. Zodac was neutral and the only way to be truly neutral is to have no connections at all. No friends, no family, no lovers and no possessions. So, Zodac couldn't be Zodak's brother unless it was meant as a euphomism to refer to being brothers in arms. As both were Cosmic Enforcers perhaps that's why Zodak may have referred to Zodac as his "brother".
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

His brother was 'Zeelahr'.

Zodac didn't exist as a separate entity because Zodak was the same character re-imagined. MOTUC has done a great job of making them 2 different characters, by making Zodac his mentor.

My reply: Zodac is a character created by Mattel as an action figure. He was supposed to be one of the original three villains serving Skeletor. Filmation turned Zodac into a good guy in the cartoons: a member of the Cosmic Enforcers who chose Adam as the bearer of the Power of Grayskull. He was never portrayed as a bad or neutral guy in the cartoon. Some comics represented Zodac as neutral to make up for the fact that the toy was evil and the cartoon character was good. Zodac was re-invented as Zodak for the 2002 MYP cartoon. Since the 4H drastically changed Zodak's appearance when they re-invented him it was decided to issue both an original Zodac resembling the original action figure and a 2002 version. In order to fit the two characters in the new MOTU Classics continuity Zodak is being considered to be the pupil of Zodac.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    I've given this some thought.

I'm ok with what Mattel has done to differentiate between Zodac and Zodak, but I think something else should've been done.

I think Zodak should have been made an evil warrior. He should have been a former cosmic enforcer who turned evil and was kicked out only to join forces with Skeletor.

I think the names should've been changed a little, too.

Like maybe Zodac and Zodek?

I understand they can use the same name with different spellings, but what if the original Zodac ever returns from Trolla and meets up with his pupil, Zodak?

Can you imagine? That would be confusing.

He-Man would be like... "Hi, Zodac. Welcome back. You remember Zodak."

Or maybe picture Man-At-Arms trying to give battle instructions...

"Fisto, go with Zodac. Zodak, you go with Teela."

See what I mean?

Darth Bong

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bong View Post
    I think the names should've been changed a little, too.

Like maybe Zodac and Zodek?

I understand they can use the same name with different spellings, but what if the original Zodac ever returns from Trolla and meets up with his pupil, Zodak?

Can you imagine? That would be confusing.

He-Man would be like... "Hi, Zodac. Welcome back. You remember Zodak."
    I imagine that's why they gave him a real name, "Kar-Tor".

I don't think many people would have been too happy if Zodak had been made an evil warrior!

Zodak's real name should've been Lodar, which was what the name was changed to in one of the minicomics when the writer found out there was already an existing character called Zodak.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    4) Zodac is a creation from the vintage line whereas Zodak is s MYP concoction.
    tmc1984, something else you'll probably want to know is MYP refers to the 200X cartoon show from Mike Young Productions. They had influence on story and concepts for some of the characters incarnations from the 200X line, and are sometimes used interchangeably with "200X." For example, the Four Horsemen created a very alien-looking version of Zodac for the 200X line. This was, for whatever reason, scrapped and the African-themed Zodak replaced him. I am not sure how much of his design was created by the Horsemen and how much by MYP, but I think the back story of Zodak wanting revenge for King Hsss killing his brother Zeelar was all MYP's invention (and sort of ruined the whole neutral thing). MOTUC so far is kind of combining it all, which is great, so maybe some day we'll get that gray-alien looking version of Zodac too (with a different name I hope, as "Zodaq" or "Zodack" would be really pushing it).

Am I the only one dissapointed that we didn't get a new head sculpt for zodak. Am I wrong in think he had a bald black head with tribal markings or was that the brother who got eaten.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Am I the only one dissapointed that we didn't get a new head sculpt for zodak. Am I wrong in think he had a bald black head with tribal markings or was that the brother who got eaten.
    Zodac and Zeelahr both had bald heads, and tribal markings.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I imagine that's why they gave him a real name, "Kar-Tor".

I don't think many people would have been too happy if Zodak had been made an evil warrior!
    I still find the irony of Zodak's real name Kar-Tor, because in MYP he was voice by Chistopher Judge who also played in a live action show called Stargate SG-1 where he played a Jaffa Warrior Named Teal'c and worked with a Major Samantha "Carter".

As for Zeelahr the MYP/200X canon still applies because Matty said they where going to use some story element from the never produced season 3(i.e. Faker's Bio). So the 2nd Zodak still has a brother (Zeelahr) who was eaten be King Hiss. Also a great name for the Alien "Zodac/k" I think would be, and this has been said on the sight before, is Zodax. Also people hope we will find more cosmic enforcers.

Known Cosmic Enforcers:
    He-Ro
    ZodaC
    Strobo(for those who don't know he was a guy who appeared in an MOTU magazine comic with a White Zodac Helmeted Head and a Sy-clone body with a big spot light mounted in his chest.)
    Zanthor(see post below By MegaGearMax)
    Wun-dar(?)

Enforcers in Training:
    ZodaK
    Zeelahr
    ZodaX(one can dream)(this icon used because it looks like glowing alien eyes.)
    Last edited by griffen112182; September 3, 2009 at 02:30am. Reason: Forgot Wun-dar, thanks for reminding me!
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Zodak's real name should've been Lodar, which was what the name was changed to in one of the minicomics when the writer found out there was already an existing character called Zodak.
    But then we'd never get a Lodar figure
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

don't forget about Kodaz and Codaz.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There's also Zanthor from The Golden Disks of Knowledge from Filmation. They can't use him yet, but he's another Cosmic Enforcer.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Lodar was going to be Zodac in the mini-comic. But when the writer found that Zodac was supposed to be neutral he had to change the name a little and that's how Lodar was born.
    He changed the Z to make it look like an L and he turned the C into an R.

The story was here at the org.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Lodar was going to be Zodac in the mini-comic. But when the writer found that Zodac was supposed to be neutral he had to change the name a little and that's how Lodar was born.

Actually he changed the K into an R by curling the top of the letter around. C to R would be much more difficult. Zodac spelling wasn't completely fixed at the time and often he was referred to as Zodak.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Actually he changed the K into an R by curling the top of the letter around. C to R would be much more difficult. Zodac spelling wasn't completely fixed at the time and often he was referred to as Zodak.
    Yeah ,changing the K into an R makes more sense doesn't it?! I read the articule so long ago I forgot about that. Imagine changing the C into an R boy what a nightmare.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

lol, this thread is becoming nightmare in general, haha. Anyway I'm happy with the 2 Zodack's, I personally wouldn't be interested in any of this other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    His brother was 'Zeelahr'.
    I'd like to see Zeelahr made into an action figure...

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    tmc1984, something else you'll probably want to know is MYP refers to the 200X cartoon show from Mike Young Productions. They had influence on story and concepts for some of the characters incarnations from the 200X line, and are sometimes used interchangeably with "200X." For example, the Four Horsemen created a very alien-looking version of Zodac for the 200X line. This was, for whatever reason, scrapped and the African-themed Zodak replaced him. I am not sure how much of his design was created by the Horsemen and how much by MYP, but I think the back story of Zodak wanting revenge for King Hsss killing his brother Zeelar was all MYP's invention (and sort of ruined the whole neutral thing). MOTUC so far is kind of combining it all, which is great, so maybe some day we'll get that gray-alien looking version of Zodac too (with a different name I hope, as "Zodaq" or "Zodack" would be really pushing it).
    Thanks for the pick up, GB. I assumed that tmc1984 knew what MYP stood for. My mistake.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 31, 2009 at 01:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post

Yes, I remember that.

Actually, Lodar was a completely unrelated original character. The writer just named him ZODAK (yes, with a K) without realising that there was already a figure with that name. The comic was about to be printed, so he just modified the text, changing the Z to an L & the K to an R.