Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's thinking of selling their Wun-Dar?

Who's thinking of selling their Wun-Dar?

I am. He just doesn't fit into MotU to me. I guess I might wait until his bio is made to judge his role but he just seems really unnecessary to me.

... Plus I could use the money.

Not selling - buying!

I need to get that figure!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I've thought about selling him. The wonder bread heman never had any meaning to me. I've bought every figure up till now but the first one I think i'm passing on will be Zodak. I liked the 200X show but I'm more interested in the classic figures/characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Not selling - buying!

I need to get that figure!
    Same here!

(I didn't get the year-long subscription, as I want to see how I fare with the Sept. - Dec. subscription. Of course, if everything works fine, I'll have to wait until 2011 to try it again.)
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    I think most folks that have made the commitment want all the perks....or at least they will not give them away at cost but they want to get paid for being locked it (just my sentiment)
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

I like the Wun dar He-man and will buy 2 AF such as the other characters!

I'll have to wait till I see him. I've got 2 subscriptions...so I may sell one.

I am thinking of turning him into a Blackstar figure...would be a pretty simple custom...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I am signed up for the subscription and will be getting Wun-Dar. I do plan to hang onto him, but to be honest, of all of the "bonus" figures that were announced at SDCC, he is definately the one that I have the least interest in.

I am trying to be (more or less) completist with this line (as long as it doesn't veer off into a bunch of really pointless variants like the 200X line did), and all of the other bonus figures announced so far I do plan to buy.

Having said that, if Wun-Dar didn't come with the subscription, and I were to miss out on getting him (i.e. I couldn't be on the computer when he goes on sale and I missed out on ordering him), it wouldn't the THAT big of a deal to me. Of all of the figures (regular, bonus, or otherwise) released or announced so far, he is the most "blah" to me.

Though, I will say that there are still a few things that I like about Wun-Dar. While I've never been that excited about the actual Savage/"Wonder Bread" He-Man figure from the 80s, the whole mystery surrounding it is interesting. And even though we know at this point that it wasn't actually part of a Wonder Bread promotion, I do like the additional nods to the rumor that were added to this new Wun-Dar figure (like the loaf of bread and the 'wonder bread' dots on the back of his armor). So, while it's still the lowest figure on the 'todem-pole' of MOTUC thus far for me, there are still things about it that I can and do appreciate.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

No way I'm selling. He's the reason I ended up getting the subscription !

I got 2 subs and only need 1 Wun-Dar, so I`ll have an extra for sale or trade, but I`m keeping both maps so I can display both sides

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'll be keeping my Wun-Dar. Probably MOC, too. I'm pretty happy to be getting him!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by sithjedi171 View Post
    No way I'm selling. He's the reason I ended up getting the subscription !
    ditto!

I actually would like a 2nd one to keep MOC
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Nope I'll be keeping mine thank you, glad we got this figure as a bonus butu hope they don't try to fit his bio in the same continuity.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm a sucker for repaints; especially repaints that pay homage to something rare and/or strange (for instance: I've got two Vegetas from DBZ with his original big shoulder armor; one normal colors, and one in orange and green, because he was in those colors when they first showed him. It was never explained...he was orange and green once, then...never again!)

So I'm pretty excited for...well, just a He-Man repaint. Then again, Faker is one of my favorite figures, so how is this a surprise?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'll be holding onto mine, I really like the brown-hair look for him.

.....the Wun-Dar loaf is too good to pass up as well.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm on the fence about mine. I really wasn't wild about the idea of this character to begin with. A lot my rest on his bio I suppose. I'm leaning more towards selling at this point.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm keeping mine but not because I'm particularly overwhelmed by the character. I got the subscription before the bonus figure was announced so he had no bearing on my decision to get the subscription for 2010. That being said I appreciate his creation as a nod to his vintage line's urban legend. That is the main reason that I will be keeping mine. Simply as a curiosity.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 4, 2009 at 12:54pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I've got a few subs coming, so I'll probably sell a couple of my Wun-Dar figures. But I will for sure be keeping at least one and maybe two of them. I am VERY EXCITED about this figure!

Way back at the beginning of the year I posted on here that I hoped "Savage He-Man" would be the SDCC exclusive figure. Since I have never owned a vintage "Savage He-Man", I hoped that Mattel would make one for the MOTUC line so I could finally obtain one. As it turned out, I was very pleased with He-Ro, and during that weekend Mattel announced Wun-Dar...so it was a WIN-WIN for little old me!

I got two subscriptions, but I only need one Wun-Dar to keep MOC (he is not must-have-loose-one-also important for me), so I'm selling the other one (I already have the buyer for the figure + doubles of other extra items).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'll be keeping my Wun-Dar. Probably MOC, too. I'm pretty happy to be getting him!
    I'm doing the same thing! Not giving Wun-Dar up for anything!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    He was the main reason I ended up getting the subscription as really dont like to commit myself to a payment plan that runs until the end of next year

But I love exclusives unfortunately and I expect he will be quite a hefty price on ebay but as I am not a completist any figures in the subscription im not too keen on I will be selling those to get some of my sub money back

I've paid for both of my copies of him, and I'm keeping him.

See, I only got the subscription so I wouldn't have to go through the ordering process every month.

The bonus was just that. If it had been Green Goddess or Zodak, I'd be keeping it but Wun-Dar just doesn't do it for me.

Plus, if I sell it, I can recoup the $20 and make a fellow fan happy.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I am. He just doesn't fit into MotU to me. I guess I might wait until his bio is made to judge his role but he just seems really unnecessary to me.

... Plus I could use the money.
    couldn't agree more!