Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's thinking of selling their Wun-Dar?

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I am definitely keeping mine and I am now kicking myself for not getting 2 subscriptions. I have decided I would like to get an extra of each figure to open, so every month I will be purchasing the extra figure separate from the subscription and paying the extra shipping. I would like to get another Wun-Dar, but absolutely not for $300 dollars! I have read many posts about how angry people are with resellers charging excessive prices for figures, but when I look at what people are selling their figures for on this site, I dont see much of an improvement. I dont think I have seen any being sold at cost, so I dont understand who is making this stand against resellers.

i dont know what kind of improvemnet you are wanting to see but myself along with others have sold figures for 30(shipping included) which when you factor in the shiping already paid PLUS the shipping to whomever buys is pretty much cost for me.

for wun-dar i would not expect anything under 180 since all the trouble of actually getting him, the sub fees , the extra shipping fees on figures per month etc.
    Last edited by King Kahn; September 6, 2009 at 01:43pm.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm one of the few who was persuaded to subscribe because of Wun-Dar rather than in spite of. That said, I will be selling one. I ordered 2 subscriptions, as I've been getting 2 of everyone so far, so I can keep the best one (part swap if necessary) and sell the extra at cost.

The only reason why I bought the subscription was because of the commodity of not having to be on the pc at the 15th of each month, I didnīt bought the sub because of Wun-dar. Iam not selling my Wun-dar because I will try to have a complete set of Motuc figures.

$180??? Where are you coming up with that price???

Are they NOT $20 maybe $30???

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i dont know what kind of improvemnet you are wanting to see but myself along with others have sold figures for 30(shipping included) which when you factor in the shiping already paid PLUS the shipping to whomever buys is pretty much cost for me.

for wun-dar i would not expect anything under 180 since all the trouble of actually getting him, the sub fees , the extra shipping fees on figures per month etc.

I'm happy about WUN-DAR. I've got two subs, so I'll have one boxed and one open. I think they will come up with something really fun for his bio.

Personally, since he is the spitting image of He-Man, my personal bio for him has been that he is a genetically grown clone of He-Man (not mechanical) i.e. a "FAKOR 2.0". He doesn't possess He-Man's powers but realizes right from wrong and sides with the good guys. Looking for his place as a hero, he teams up with Zodak, hence the chest armor. A regular guy looking for the "thing" that makes him extraordinary is a relatable character trait. And the bread? Maybe he's charitable and always has a loaf on hand to feed a starving villager. Or maybe he just likes to eat.

Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    $180??? Where are you coming up with that price???

Are they NOT $20 maybe $30???

well it is 20 for wun-dar(subscription) and by doing the subscription i would be paying nearly an extra 110-130 in shipping alone because i will have to still go to matty every month and pay ADDITIONAL shipping for the bonus figs that are not included in the sub program that i would have saved if i did not do the sub program. so that is 150 right there.

considering that to get a wun-dar you have to go through all that hastle and added expense i don't see many people selling them off at low price.

the 180 is what it would take ME to sell one and that is only if i were in a tight spot as i wanted 2 and got 2 but i aint selling.

feb/march is when we will start to know the REAL price of wun-dar as he hits ebay.

factoring in a few different things, i REALLY doubt there will be that many that go for below 100 but that is just my educated guess.

I likely will but that may change...I will have to have the figure in hand to decide. I didn't think I was going to like the He-Ro figure before it was released, just didn't look appealing. But when I got him and opened him up, I fell in love with it. So, I'll see what happens, but I can say I am not excited about him at all...

So you added in YOUR cost of the subscription that YOU are buying already to pass that cost (Which is not actually a cost) on to the buyer..WOW!

That's like a 500-600% mark up...How do you justify this number when #1 you live in the US and #2 the subscription PRICE is for ALL of the figures for that year and the bonus figures are the same price as the regular figures ($20-30) just because you can only get them with a subscription your going to pass that price hike down to people that don't have it...

That's just crazy.....

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    well it is 20 for wun-dar(subscription) and by doing the subscription i would be paying nearly an extra 110-130 in shipping alone because i will have to still go to matty every month and pay ADDITIONAL shipping for the bonus figs that are not included in the sub program that i would have saved if i did not do the sub program. so that is 150 right there.

considering that to get a wun-dar you have to go through all that hastle and added expense i don't see many people selling them off at low price.

the 180 is what it would take ME to sell one and that is only if i were in a tight spot as i wanted 2 and got 2 but i aint selling.

feb/march is when we will start to know the REAL price of wun-dar as he hits ebay.

factoring in a few different things, i REALLY doubt there will be that many that go for below 100 but that is just my educated guess.

the main reason i got the subscription was for him
    infact if anyone does sell theres for reasonable price i would be more than happy to buy him
    Eternian Beastmaster

So you added in YOUR cost of the subscription that YOU are buying already to pass that cost (Which is not actually a cost) on to the buyer..WOW!

That's like a 500-600% mark up...How do you justify this number when #1 you live in the US and #2 the subscription PRICE is for ALL of the figures for that year and the bonus figures are the same price as the regular figures ($20-30) just because you can only get them with a subscription your going to pass that price hike down to people that don't have it...

That's just crazy.....
    Factor in the fact that he is not a REGULAR figure in the line, and we are paying for a years worth of figures whether we want them or not sight unseen, I`d say that jacks the price up some, also factor in the supply and demand function, I bet there will be more demand from non subscribers than people willing to let their Wun-Dar go and that also jacks the price, on top of having to pay extra shipping on bonus figures, the list goes on. Look at KG`s price due to supply and demand, I`d say he will go for close to the same price as the bronze King Grayskull if not more, but in the end we will have to wait and see

That's just crazy.....
    nope not crazy to me. i paid 20 for the figure/sub. and i will be paying 120 at least because i did the sub program rather than buying all the figs at once every month. PLUS i REALLY wanted this figure so for me to part with a wun-dar i just stated what it would take. why shouldn't i want to recoup my loss if i wanted to get rid of him? it would be CRAZY for me not to try

but really the whole thing is a mute point since he will be in my collection for quite awhile

Court Magician Randor_Triumphant's Avatar
    I was wondering what the dislike for the character Wun-Dar is? I must admit, i know nothing about him...
    Could someone maybe tell/link me to some info? Cheers(i googled, but there wasnt much).
    Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Randor_Triumphant View Post
    I was wondering what the dislike for the character Wun-Dar is? I must admit, i know nothing about him...
    Could someone maybe tell/link me to some info? Cheers(i googled, but there wasnt much).
    Wun-Dar is Worder Bread / Savage He-Man and you should read this thread from the vintage line forum to get more information: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=24134

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images