Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Collector's Choice Hawke Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    It'd be a great add-on accessory but with the long hair, on both heads, perhaps it wasn't feasible to include one that would fit on her. If they release a 200x Hawke, who had shorter hair, a jet pack would definitely fit and not hinder any sculpting or articulation.

I would've preferred her to be packaged out as Delora as well, even though I'm a loose collector.
    That way Hawke (200x version) could then be made in the line as well as a separate character.

Perhaps they used Hawke because Mattel already had the name trademarked but not Delora's and just transitioned that to Super 7.

I hope they do answer your question and perhaps make that change, if it won't delay her release.
    I'm working on a custom jetpack for her right now. It's not that tricky with the Delora head because the hair is narrower. If they'd have designed her with one it would have been easy to tailor the sculpt of the hair to work with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Has anyone else reported problems with the hair coming away from the heads?
    That was an issue on both heads with mine. Easy fix with super glue but there was a big gap between the hair and the helmet.

Hawke is the only figure I opened from my set, and I'm pretty disappointed with the overall quality of the figure. The shoulder joint is extremely loose, you flip the figure upside down, and the should will rotate in that direction. The mid torso waist was a bit loose too, plus some of the paint slop which I was expecting. The quality of the plastic seems to be a bit better than the Powercon figs. Im also scared to pop up head to expose the neck a little bit.

Still undecided if i wanna preorder wave 2...but Im leaning on just dropping the line. Its a little hard to drop the money on figures with spotty QC.

Does anyone with the figure know if Hawke's helmet and bottom face are separate pieces, or is it one sculpted piece?

My Hawke & Delora look great with mini-comic Stratos.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Color me surprised. Just opened both my "Hawkes". She looks better in hand. I wish she was more detailed, but I am very satsified. Both Hawke and Delora heads look good.

I like the new female sculpt attempt. Plastic feels ok. Her breasts are nice, her midsection looks good, and her buttocks look good. I don't mean to say that to be risque necessarily, but the male figures highlight what it is to be a male, so making the females a little sexier is welcome. I still love my Mattel MOTUC females, but I think Super7 are allowing the 4H sculpt to be a little more as they intend. I remember that original Frosta sculpt, lol.

I am not a super fan of her leg cut, but it's ok.

Didn't have a hard time taking the head off Hawke, but a little effort to put on the Delora.
    Anyone have a pic of that original frosta sculpt? I’m curious.

Finally have mine in hand and I hate to say but I think she looks even worse in person.
    Those proportions, yeesh.

Head is too big, no neck, torso is too short, chin juts out too much.
    She looks like she dropped her ice cream on the floor and has been sulking ever since.

Even worse that both heads have the exact same miserable expression. Would’ve been great if Delora had a smile or a softer expression.
    Stratus is super creepy for marrying someone who looks identical to his sister.

Even putting tack on the neck to raise the head isn’t helping it much for me.
    I’m tempted to try lightly sanding the chin/jaw a little but I don’t want to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Even putting tack on the neck to raise the head isn’t helping it much for me.
    I’m tempted to try lightly sanding the chin/jaw a little but I don’t want to mess it up.
    I may also dremel down the chins on mine, repaint the faces, and maybe add teeth to Delora. I am afraid also, because I think the head is hollow, if I dremel down too much, there might be a hole in the chin. I will take that chance on one of the heads.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
    Anyone have a pic of that original frosta sculpt? I’m curious.
    Frosta in 2012 at Toyfair:

With her original hair color and pure white outfit parts. None of which she ended up with.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I opened my Hawke tonight with my daughters. They tested out the joints, checked paint apps, etc. We were playing the Pixel Dan video and when he was talking about the heads being soft I decided to swap heads. Bad idea. Neck peg snapped right off

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Stratus is super creepy for marrying someone who looks identical to his sister.
    They have the same name, but Stratos' sister and his wife are very different individuals:

Delora(s).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Guy View Post
    I decided to swap heads. Bad idea. Neck peg snapped right off
    Man! Sorry to hear, He-Guy! Sincerely, good luck with Super 7's Return Department:

orders@super7store.com
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    They have the same name, but Stratos' sister and his wife are very different individuals:
    I was referring to her bio which says that Hawke is his sister and Delora is his wife.

I was referring to her bio which says that Hawke is his sister and Delora is his wife.
    That's exactly what I said when that Bio was published! That Bio has nothing to do with either of the figure possibilities included in the package on which it appears:

The Masters of The Universe Classics figures of Hawke and Delora are both based on their FILMation TV show canon appearances, where Hawke was a non-related rival of Stratos, and Delora was his loyal heroic sister. The Bio on the card-back is for two completely different characters (from alternate media), where Hawke (as seen in the 200X Series/Comics) was depicted as Stratos' brash but loyal sister, and Delora (from DC Comics and a Mini-Comic appearance) was his lovely human wife.

The Bio from the back of Hawke's package is brand-new Masters of The Universe Classics canon, and was written before the writers knew which version of the characters would be produced as figures. This (kind of) explains the confusion in printing a Bio on a package which has nothing to do with the actual figure(s) in the package.

Here's a handy chart I made up to differentiate all the Hawkes from (almost!) all The Deloras:
    All the Avion Girls.jpg

Please forgive my belaboring the point. I'm afraid the wayward continuity concerning the women in Stratos' personal life is one of my MoTU "Hot-Button Issues", 'though I've been told that it's not important. Take Care! :^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; April 6, 2018 at 05:54pm.

Haha thanks for clearing that up. I was just making a little joke with regards to the bio and the likeness of the two figures.

The version of Delora I'm most familiar with is the Ladybird version with the blue outfit. I would've preferred to see her and/or the 200X Hawke design before this version, but hey ho.

I opened my Hawke tonight with my daughters. They tested out the joints, checked paint apps, etc. We were playing the Pixel Dan video and when he was talking about the heads being soft I decided to swap heads. Bad idea. Neck peg snapped right off http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ff974371c.jpg

People should be using a hair dryer to swap heads on any of these Super 7 figures. The heads are way too hard and the necks are way too soft.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    People should be using a hair dryer to swap heads on any of these Super 7 figures. The heads are way too hard and the necks are way too soft.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Thank YOU, Fright Zone! The Hawke/Delora figure(s) that we've gotten are nice, but I guess BOTH of our allegiances lie elsewhere.
    Stratos & Delora.jpg
    Take Care! :^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; April 6, 2018 at 06:01am.

I opened my Hawke tonight with my daughters. They tested out the joints, checked paint apps, etc. We were playing the Pixel Dan video and when he was talking about the heads being soft I decided to swap heads. Bad idea. Neck peg snapped right off http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ff974371c.jpg

How about someone from Super-7 addresses this? This is getting ridiculous. We just put down money for wave 2, and now are expected to put orders in for Powercon figures. What kind of assurances will we have that our figures will not break with normal intended use?
    Last edited by darkmoon766; March 29, 2018 at 10:35pm.

Certainly the weakest of the wave. The head sitting too low, hips too wide and her inability to hold her sword properly. I guess they wanted to make the sword usable by male and female figures but they should have focused on it being able to fit the hand of the figure it came with. As it is it looks silly having her hold it by the tip of the handle.
    She looks so plain next to the other three as well. Really could have done with just a little more detailing.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 1, 2018 at 09:30am.

Exactly the same thing happened with my Teela.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Hawke/Delora is a great looking figure. However, she was a pass for me since I'm currently only collecting the Filmation due to funds.
    TOP 5 MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Ice Armor He-Man, and Snake Mountain Man

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Hawke/Delora is a great looking figure. However, she was a pass for me since I'm currently only collecting the Filmation due to funds.
    If you ever get the chance,grab her then. She was put in the wrong packaging and is a total filmation figure.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened with my Teela.
    I received my replacement in 1 week. Great service from Super 7! I also successfully removed the head. Not sure what they all want sent back with the return label as I didn't save everything from the defective first one..

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Frosta in 2012 at Toyfair:

http://www.mightyaction.com/wp-conte.../02/frosta.jpg

With her original hair color and pure white outfit parts. None of which she ended up with.
    Yeah, this kind of thing is why I'm more inclined to be a bit forgiving with Super 7's first "official" MOTUC wave...Mattel wasn't QC or bad decision free throughout their runs....and if fans spotted something wrong with a figure, they never even ATTEMPTED to fix it.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb