Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector's Choice Hawke Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Here are my suggestions on how they can release this character...

Option #1
    Filmation Hawke can come with a secondary head, which is that of Filmation Delora. They both use the same body. Add in some avion weapons, like the smoke screen gun, and you got a cool figure that could score multiple purchases for display options.

Option #2
    Release a Filmation Avion Rocketeer army builder, which comes with one male and one female figure. The male can have 2 or 3 unique heads. The Female can have a Filmation Hawke head (redhead), a Filmation Delora head (blond), and maybe a third generic female head (Brunette). Throw in the smoke screen gun and a net gun, and maybe an second, alternative Jetpack for both the male and female, and now you have an army builder that not only supplies you with troops for Stratos, but also supplies two new, original characters.

Additional option...
    Mini-Comic Delora, Stratos' wife, could come as a chase figure or traveling exclusive, and she could come with the Egg of Avion and perhaps Stratos' feather necklace, as seen in the mini-comics (wearable on Stratos). Maybe she could also come with a sword or an Ilkort spiked club.
    All of your ideas are good but for me Option 1 would be the other way round meaning getting a Delora figure in her FILMATION outfit with an additional second head with slightly shorter red hair to make a FILMATION Hawke if you prefer her like that.

I simply want Hawke to be her own character and thats why i prefer the 200X look for her.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    All of your ideas are good but for me Option 1 would be the other way round meaning getting a Delora figure in her FILMATION outfit with an additional second head with slightly shorter red hair to make a FILMATION Hawke if you prefer her like that.

I simply want Hawke to be her own character and thats why i prefer the 200X look for her.
    That's exactly what I suggested for option one. Only you're having the Hawke head as the additional one instead. Filmation Hawke has the exact same body/outfit as Filmation Delora.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really hope she is lined up in the potential 200X mini sub. I fear they may skip her in favour of Miro or something random like a Kulatak Warrior or Ceratus.

Also they can reuse a "furry" buck for Kittrina, Hunga and Delora.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    That's exactly what I suggested for option one. Only you're having the Hawke head as the additional one instead. Filmation Hawke has the exact same body/outfit as Filmation Delora.
    Yes we are talking about the same figure and this shows how desperately in need we are to get a proper Hawke AND Delora figure.

But to make exactly clear what i meant was:

I like your idea but i want a full blister card with the name DELORA-Heroic Widow(wife) of Stratos(just an example for a tag line) and in it the FILMATION outfit with the long blond hair coming out of the helmet. Inside there could be a second head with the shorter red hair to make it possible to change this Delora figure into a Hawke figure.

And for Hawke i prefer her in her 200X outfit with the bilstercard saying the Name Hawke-Stratos sister and second in command in Avion(or something like that) to clear up once and for all who is who and how they look.

*Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Yes we are talking about the same figure and this shows how desperately in need we are to get a proper Hawke AND Delora figure.

But to make exactly clear what i meant was:

I like your idea but i want a full blister card with the name DELORA-Heroic Widow(wife) of Stratos(just an example for a tag line) and in it the FILMATION outfit with the long blond hair coming out of the helmet. Inside there could be a second head with the shorter red hair to make it possible to change this Delora figure into a Hawke figure.

And for Hawke i prefer her in her 200X outfit with the bilstercard saying the Name Hawke-Stratos sister and second in command in Avion(or something like that) to clear up once and for all who is who and how they look.

I knew what you meant.

What about the Delora from the mini-comics? Cause that's Stratos' actual wife. Delora from Filmation was his sister, while Hawke was a reformed traitor, in charge of protecting the Egg of Avion.

It was the 200X series that decided to make Hawke the sister. I'm assuming because they liked the name better than Delora (more bird-like, obviously). Or, maybe they just didn't know about Delora.

But what about Ladybird Delora? That is a great look for her too. Perhaps Mattel could do what they did with Marlena to duplicate the mini-comic look (pink dress, brunette head), and the Ladybird look (blue dress, blonde masked head, white arm-wing attachments)
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    But what about Ladybird Delora? That is a great look for her too. Perhaps Mattel could do what they did with Marlena to duplicate the mini-comic look (pink dress, brunette head), and the Ladybird look (blue dress, blonde masked head, white arm-wing attachments)
    I think the best solution would be to release MotUC "Hawke" as the Filmation design (with a second blonde head) and MotUC "Delora" as the Ladybird design.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I think the best solution would be to release MotUC "Hawke" as the Filmation design (with a second blonde head) and MotUC "Delora" as the Ladybird design.
    That is the best idea! Have two version and even have one with red wings and the other with blue so you can pose them with the red and blue wing Stratoses

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, but I prefere the Filmation style

Hawke is my #1 most wanted character beyond vintage which we know we're getting. Although I would put her above almost all of the unrevealed vintage figures left.

Give her a second blonde head for Delora and they would sell twice as many.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Hawke is my #1 most wanted character beyond vintage which we know we're getting. Although I would put her above almost all of the unrevealed vintage figures left.

Give her a second blonde head for Delora and they would sell twice as many.
    Yet another female character who was important, but not likely Scheduled. How Nepthu trumped this idea in the Filmation sub, I'll never understand (other than the former brand manager just didn't care for female characters and/or wanted Nepthu more).

Hawke was not only featured on the Filmation cartoon, but also the 200X cartoon, and in the MVC Comic series... And even in the Stratos one-hot.

It's just silly that we don't already have her.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yet another female character who was important, but not likely Scheduled. How Nepthu trumped this idea in the Filmation sub, I'll never understand (other than the former brand manager just didn't care for female characters and/or wanted Nepthu more).

Hawke was not only featured on the Filmation cartoon, but also the 200X cartoon, and in the MVC Comic series... And even in the Stratos one-hot.

We need an "Overlooked Women of the MOTU/POP/NA/200x/Etc. Universes" mini-sub.

Then again, one mini-sub wouldn't be enough slots to cover that theme.
    Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    We need an "Overlooked Women of the MOTU/POP/NA/200x/Etc. Universes" mini-sub.

Then again, one mini-sub wouldn't be enough slots to cover that theme.
    Hm…
    let me see:

1. Hawke
    2. Delora
    3. Kittrina
    4. Granita
    5. Crita
    6. Drissi
    Exclusive: Illumina

These seven poped in my head immediately BUT i would love to add the female Comet Warrior from the mini comics, Rana from the mini comics, Zilora or Ileena from FILMATION(….list could go on for some time…) etc.

Hm…
    let me see:

1. Hawke
    2. Delora
    3. Kittrina
    4. Granita
    5. Crita
    6. Drissi
    Exclusive: Illumina

These seven poped in my head immediately BUT i would love to add the female Comet Warrior from the mini comics, Rana from the mini comics, Zilora or Ileena from FILMATION(….list could go on for some time…) etc.
    Your top 6 were the exact same ones I imagined. I'd throw the Enchantress in there as well (somehow). Melog, Shakra...Yes, this would end up being a fairly extensive list! Veering off track, lol. This could be it's own thread!

Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Exactly, Hawke needs to happen!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Your top 6 were the exact same ones I imagined. I'd throw the Enchantress in there as well (somehow). Melog, Shakra...Yes, this would end up being a fairly extensive list! Veering off track, lol. This could be it's own thread!

Well i actually cheated one of my first thoughts included Veena as well but because of the rumor i simply didn't add her out of hope.

I really hoped for Hawke to be part of that rumored 200X sub she deserves it more than Ceratus if you ask me. Itīs not that i donīt like him but in classics he is(most likely) just the same body/bug like Whiplash with a new loincloth(maybe) and a new head with a nose ring and hopefully a new weapon.

If we would get Hawke she could come with a whole new furry female bug which could be reused for Kittrina for example. Again a missed opportunity if not used…but who am i kidding here

Well i actually cheated one of my first thoughts included Veena as well but because of the rumor i simply didn't add her out of hope.

I really hoped for Hawke to be part of that rumored 200X sub she deserves it more than Ceratus if you ask me. Itīs not that i donīt like him but in classics he is(most likely) just the same body/bug like Whiplash with a new loincloth(maybe) and a new head with a nose ring and hopefully a new weapon.

If we would get Hawke she could come with a whole new furry female bug which could be reused for Kittrina for example. Again a missed opportunity if not used…but who am i kidding here
    I feel that way about Ceratus as well, and similarly about Stingrad just being a second Buzz Off (not that he's ever been rumored to get a figure). I'd certainly love to see them TRY to make those guys unique on the MOTUC buck along with a ton of other characters, but Hawk would be a lot better to come first. Yes it'd be great if they were actually holding her back to make a furry buck that could work for Kittrina and Hunga both (and Filmation Delora!). I'd be very happy to hear any of those figures actually rumored like Nepthu, Plundor, and now Ceratus have all been.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I really hope that Hawke makes it into the line-up - either as a regular monthly figure or as a 200x mini-sub figure.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

World's #1 GOAT MAN Fan NastyNate's Avatar

The 2 characters I have been SCREAMING for since 2010 have always been Goat Man & Hawke. 1 for 1 so far

Hawke is AMAZING. I never thought TG disliked female figs but it is a valid point. I called him out because I thought the same thing with New Adventures but he did deny it and said he was actually an NA fan. I wonder if he could tell us if Hawke was ever on their radar?

-Hawke for 200X or 2016 Subscription PLEASE-
    Last edited by NastyNate; January 11, 2015 at 07:58pm.
    The Year Of The GOAT Is Upon Us

While I loved 200X, I hope we get her in get Filmation look cuz it was just so sleek and sexy.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Hawke is long overdue. I think she's an excellent choice for 2016. Stratos is getting lonely!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I'm surprised that Mattel did not put Filmation Delora or Hawke in any slot after getting Filmation rights. As many have stated the Filmation look would have allowed for two heads one buck, which translates to customers Double dipping on her. (Way smarter choice than say, Nepthu!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

This is just one of those no-brainer characters that is shocking to not already own. Hawke has appeared in two cartoon series as well as numerous other media outlets. Her history is a bit confusing (is she the sister or the wife? Who is Delora? etc) but her status as being important cannot be questioned.

I say, release her as Hawke, have her real name be Delora, and decide once and for all what the ONE character's relationship to Stratos is. Also, FILMAation look would be best, as the 200x look wouldn't look so keen next to our vintage Stratos.
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

I think he just wanted what he wanted. His ramblings about Nepthu being popular have absolutely no evidence whatsoever. I reckon he remembered Temple of the Sun from childhood and wanted to fulfil that fantasy.

I'm not expecting the 200X sub - assuming it happens - to include any females other than Veena. The 30th anniversary sub had none. The Filmation sub only had one. Of course, Club Etheria was mostly women, but that was to plug a fairly gaping hole that needed to be filled (on a side note, I find it funny that the previous brand manager couldn't actually let this sub pass as 100% female when it was marketed as being for 'the women of the Great Rebellion').

Also, 2014 is the first year to feature four females in the monthly sub slots - one per quarter. In 2015, we'll see at least five. While I'm not expecting precise 'equality', I'd expect future years to include more than the dearth of ladies we saw in the early years, so it *AT LEAST* matches the amount we received in 2014.

It seems many of the fan-demanded characters left are female and when one is revealed, fans go wild. In between all of that, we have to put up with humdrum additions like Nepthu, the Fighting Foe Men and Cy-Chop…

I'd welcome Hawke in MOTUC, particularly if her inclusion spelled a sea change in the new brand manager's attitude to female figures.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I think he just wanted what he wanted. His ramblings about Nepthu being popular have absolutely no evidence whatsoever. I reckon he remembered Temple of the Sun from childhood and wanted to fulfil that fantasy.

I'm not expecting the 200X sub - assuming it happens - to include any females other than Veena. The 30th anniversary sub had none. The Filmation sub only had one. Of course, Club Etheria was mostly women, but that was to plug a fairly gaping hole that needed to be filled (on a side note, I find it funny that the previous brand manager couldn't actually let this sub pass as 100% female when it was marketed as being for 'the women of the Great Rebellion').

Also, 2014 is the first year to feature four females in the monthly sub slots - one per quarter. In 2015, we'll see at least five. While I'm not expecting precise 'equality', I'd expect future years to include more than the dearth of ladies we saw in the early years, so it *AT LEAST* matches the amount we received in 2014.

It seems many of the fan-demanded characters left are female and when one is revealed, fans go wild. In between all of that, we have to put up with humdrum additions like Nepthu, the Fighting Foe Men and Cy-Chop…

I'd welcome Hawke in MOTUC, particularly if her inclusion spelled a sea change in the new brand manager's attitude to female figures.
    This. Exactly.