Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ..so no Horde Trooper singles??? Will more be shown today??

Court Magician

..so no Horde Trooper singles??? Will more be shown today??

I really liked most of the offerings but I'm a little bummed that their was no Horde Trooper singles being offered, especially since it seemed Matty was close to dropping them last year as an offering. Does anyone know if we'll see any other reveals today?

it's rare for companies to put out more product to display after the first day at Toy Fair. It's a trade show, where the primary purpose is to work deals and build relationships with other industry professionals like retail accounts, distributors, manufacturers, etc. So the product needs to be in place early on for when industry pros visit the booth for meetings and appointments.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Yup. My boss is actually at Toy Fair today!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I wouldn't worry too much. Super 7 eventually releasing Horde Trooper again seems like a no-brainer, it's just a matter of "when" I imagine.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

It would be nice when they do if they make them Filmation Troopers. 4H would only need to sculpt a new Filmation looking head and chest armor with the Filmation Horde Bat logo
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

I'm REALLY disappointed that Cringer wasn't there either. Matty went as far as to confirm for us last year that articulated Cringer was still in development, and he was rumored to be part of the SDCC 2016 exclusive that got scrapped. I really wish Super 7 would do Q&A sessions online so we can ask about this stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it would be awesome if they offered them at a less of a profit, or the same profit, but a larger production order to reduce the production cost. Either way, it'd be nice if they were offered at a more affordable army-builder price, allowing more people to pick up more, and giving them the same or larger profit in the long run.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    It would be nice when they do if they make them Filmation Troopers. 4H would only need to sculpt a new Filmation looking head and chest armor with the Filmation Horde Bat logo
    Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes. I keep saying this. I was a bit disappointed with the original troopers. I know they did the round bat 'button' as a nod to the original toy but I would much prefer a proper Horde insignia.
    And the head just didn't sit right on them at all. If they do a new chest piece it will differentiate them from the Mattel troopers.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    There are a very many of us still wanting our first, or more of, the Mattel troopers that they made "plenty" of (or however Scott called it). I understand people wanting Filmation too, but all of the replies in that lengthy HT thread argue that the originals absolutely need to be re-issued, even moreso after Mattel promised rereleases. Hopefully we can see both, and soon.

A Filmation Horde Trooper could simply be introduced in the Club Grayskull/Filmation line as it's own thing. After all, despite the line being branded as "He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe", we are now getting Hordak as part of it.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

this could be a perfect slot for collector choice wave 2 late in the fall, but this time we just need single carded and maybe a few extra accessories

and please! dont forget people of rotar and twistoid which I belive only 50 fans on the planet has the luck to have in their collections
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

I could see them releasing him as an Ultimate edition down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I could see them releasing him as an Ultimate edition down the road.
    A two pack would be nice.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    A Filmation Horde Trooper could simply be introduced in the Club Grayskull/Filmation line as it's own thing. After all, despite the line being branded as "He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe", we are now getting Hordak as part of it.
    I agree. The whole reason we want a single Horde Trooper release is to have more of the toy version who was underproduced in the first place. Making Filmation-style figures instead misses the point of this particular request (or confuses it with a totally different request at least).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    If the single-carded Horde Trooper is released as part of a (monolithic) 4-figure wave (whose other figures are not army-builders), how on Etheria will collectors be expected to be able to army-build them? It will be the Skelcon fiasco all over again.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, Horde Troopers make most sense as a single-carded Ultimates figure to me.

They could do an army builder wave. Trooper, Skelcon (with optional wings), a repainted Snake Man (perhaps with new armour, head or accessory), and a new Palace Guard (royal guard or female guard?).
    I know people would still complain as they'd want to build a bigger army of one of the releases but it'd be better than an army builder releasing with three regular figures.

But I think they will give a them single 'ultimate' style release. They know they'll sell.

I'd really love to see a Rotar and Twistoid re-release too, even more so than the troopers.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Yeah I'm shocked there isn't a Horde Trooper up for pre order.

I don't think I would want an Ultimate Edition version because it wouldn't be cost effective for troop building. A simple based version or re release the two pack with no battle damage.

Heroic Warrior
    Adding my voice to those calling not replace a reissue with a Filmation version, but to issue them as separate figures.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Court Magician
    To me a single carded, basic version, individual offering seems like the closest thing to printing money I could think of right now in the action figure market. I wonder if there is something holding this up that we are not aware of.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    They should do another wave of Ultimates with:

-Horde Trooper, all original accessories and the three Sundar heads.

-Man-E-Faces, original toy colors with the red weapons certain vintage Man-E figures came with.

-Roboto, mini comic colors, with all attachments in Roboto colors including Filmation Trap Jaw attachments, AND the 200X head.

-Fisto, all accessories from original release, red haired heads

-Shadow Weaver, slightly different color more Filmation-y shade, some additional accessories, maybe her book in multiple colors?

Awaiting Horde Troopers as Ultimate. It's just too perfect. So many heads, weapons, it just sell's itself.

Super7 seems to not only know what they are doing, has their hearts in the right place, and that perfect fan eye that is crazy with doing things we'd never expect.

They'll do the Horde Trooper Ultimate.

I must be the only one who want a single carded Horde Trooper in the classics green brick design case. I collect MOTUC MOC and I don't want another case that doesn't match.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    They should do another wave of Ultimates with:

-Horde Trooper, all original accessories and the three Sundar heads.

-Man-E-Faces, original toy colors with the red weapons certain vintage Man-E figures came with.

-Roboto, mini comic colors, with all attachments in Roboto colors including Filmation Trap Jaw attachments, AND the 200X head.

-Fisto, all accessories from original release, red haired heads

-Shadow Weaver, slightly different color more Filmation-y shade, some additional accessories, maybe her book in multiple colors?
    I'd likely be in for all of those. I do think it's almost a given that S7 will release the trooper as an ultimate figure with the multiple heads. The demand is definitely there, and what we've seen thus far says they are actually paying attention to what the fans want. They'd be foolish NOT to do this.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Since it seems that S7 is making things to order, there's no good reason why this shouldn't happen. Put up a preorder for Horde Troopers and let it go. Heck, put up an ongoing preorder that will ship figures each time a certain level is reached.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.