Thread: Super7 came to town with MOTUC Ultimates in hand for $35 each

Super7 came to town with MOTUC Ultimates in hand for $35 each

Santa Rosa Toy Con just happened on Sep. 23rd and Super7 had a booth set up there. They brought a whole mess of MOTU stuff, Reaction, M.U.S.C.L.E., T-Shirts, and even the MOTUC Ultimates figures were available for purchase at $35 each. The one catch was that these were the "Returned" stock of figures.

Some extra picky MOC collectors just made a whole bunch of people's day with all those returns. I didn't see anything that I felt was destroyed. The cards on the figures that I purchased were no worse than anything that I've ever gotten shipped from Mattel. The ones on display had minor creases, or a ding on the corner or edge of the card. All the same stuff that seemed to be really common on a lot of the Ultimates figures, as well as with Mattel.

By the time that I'd spotted the booth Faker had already Sold Out. I guess that there were very few of him available. But they still had all the rest. I picked up He-Man and Skeletor to complete my Ultimates collection. My brother grabbed a Ram-Man.

The guys running the booth were really cool too. They were willing to open the boxes & let you pick out which one you liked best. What a pleasant surprise to find these figures at the show for original prices. I bet it ruined any of the dealer's chances of selling Ultimates at $75 or $100 each.

Did you happen to notice their stock at the end of the day?

I really really am not trying to rain on Super 7's parade or dampen anyone's spirits, but why for the love of God would anyone pay 75-100 dollars for basically a redo-rehash (with extra parts, [that were previously available]) figure, that is on packaging, that, ... well frankly does not blend in with our existing collection. These figures in my humble opinion do not offer anything "new" in my eyes and really are only worth what they are selling for. But like I said, that's just my personal 2 cents, and I saw vendors at power-con trying to flip these for 100 each, and it just really blew my mind. I was thinking... "Who are they marketing these to"? if you are a masters of the Universe collector worth your salt, you should own all 5 of these figures already and have the extra accessories in some form or another laying around. (ok whew, rant over)
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Did you happen to notice their stock at the end of the day?
    Sorry. I didn't notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I really really am not trying to rain on Super 7's parade or dampen anyone's spirits, but why for the love of God would anyone pay 75-100 dollars for basically a redo-rehash (with extra parts, [that were previously available]) figure, that is on packaging, that, ... well frankly does not blend in with our existing collection. These figures in my humble opinion do not offer anything "new" in my eyes and really are only worth what they are selling for. But like I said, that's just my personal 2 cents, and I saw vendors at power-con trying to flip these for 100 each, and it just really blew my mind. I was thinking... "Who are they marketing these to"? if you are a masters of the Universe collector worth your salt, you should own all 5 of these figures already and have the extra accessories in some form or another laying around. (ok whew, rant over)
    For what it's worth, at least it's not Super7 that's trying to sell them for $100 each. And resellers pretty much charge what people are willing to pay. Pretty crazy prices, I agree.

But, I dig the new package design for the Ultimates. I hope they continue to release them for characters that have all these extra parts. I dig the retro design, Mattel would have been really smart to have done this too. I just hope they get the re-closeable packages moving forward.

They go for such a high amount due to the nature of acquiring them. With the system in place how many people can honestly afford to shell out X on extras of these and then wait MONTHS before you can even sell them. All comes down to supply and demand.

There might not be some HUGE demand for them, but there are even less people selling them, like literally a handful it seems. Pretty simple economics.