Thread: The Evolution Of He-Man In Your Canon..............

The Evolution Of He-Man In Your Canon..............

I understand that some fans are not interested in too many variants of He-Man in MOTUC. However, how do you see his variants from all incarnations in YOUR canon ? We all have our own tastes to include/exclude some "power upgrades" AKA variants in our mythos, so how would you list them in your canon based on his MOTUC looks ?

In My Canon, This Is How He-Man Got His Powers, One By One & Changed His Look Over A Period Of Time (From Top Right To Bottom left) :-

1) He-Man - Becomes He-Man With The Standard Barbarian Outfit

2) Battle Armour He-Man V1 - Starts Using Battle Armour With Standard Barbarian Outfit

3) Battle Armour He-Man V2 - Starts Using Matching Bracers & Loin Cloth With His Battle Armour

4) Under Cover He-Man - Switches Back To Standard Outfit, But In Red This Time. But His Skin Tone Changes (That Crappy Storyline)

5) Thunder Punch He-Man - Gets Upgraded Power With Thunder Punch Armour To Battle Against Skeletor

6) 200X He-Man - Switches Back To His Barbarian Outfit, But With A New Look & Modern Style

7) Snake Armour He-Man - Gets Upgraded Power With Snake Armour To Battle Against The Snake Men

8) Battle Armour He-Man II (My Custom) - Sorceress Merges He-Ro's Power With He-Man To Battle Against Hordak

9) King He-Man - Kills Hordak, Becomes King Of Eternia & Marries Teela

10) King He-Man - Starts Using Blue Cape (Forgive Me Guys.... I Know This Is Ridiculous, But I Gotta Include Him In The Picture )

11) New Adventures He-Man - Sorceress Upgrades He-Man's Power With The Help Of Starship Eternia

12) New Adventures He-Man - Fully Armoured In Primus To Battle Against Horde Prime & NA Skeletor
    Last edited by TUC138; May 12, 2015 at 04:40pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Nice idea for a thread TUC138 and a great shot there.

Have you thought were the unreleased figures (Flying Fists - Laser Power) will fit in to your list?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    hmmm... while I don't really indulge in the 'my cannon' thing I just presume that He-Man gets new armours as time went on and he needed them, pretty much in the order of the original line with some exceptions, he upgraded to Battle Armor (and presumably then Skeletor upgraded too, or vice versa), then to Thunder Punch etc. occasionally if he needed an extra armour (the Ice Armor, Snake Armor etc) he'd use it until it wasn't necessary and then switched back to the previous all-purpose one. When he went into Space he got his NA look because that was appropriate, when he came back he went back to his older look, and then eventually the King He-Man look, because that was more appropriate. Keep things simple.

Heroic Warrior
    My He-Man doesn't evolve the power of Grayskull helps him adapt and over come the threat.

Cool thread.

For me it goes:

Adam, born and hidden in a jungle tribe. Becomes:
    Oo-Larr, who eventually ventures out to battle the forces of evil. Becomes:
    He-Man, who through his adventures eventually learns his heritage and is back to:
    Adam, who battles the forces of evil in various outfits such as:
    BA He-Man (other variants too, I suppose). He follows Skeletor into space and becomes:
    NA He-Man, who does his battles in space and after victory chases Skeletor back to Eternia, where he again becomes regular ol':
    He-Man, who, with his allies, defeats the evil warriors, horde, and snake men in a final battle at Castle Grayskull, and becomes:
    King He-Man, King of the Castle Grayskull and by extension, the universe.

Nice collection of He-Men TUC138! I do miss seeing Prince Adam and Preternia Disguise He-Man in your evolution series.

In terms of the 'my canon', I basically follow the historical storyline with Adam becoming He-Man and embracing different armors over time as the Power of Grayskull determines necessary.

In this regard, the evolution is Adam to vintage mini-comic Power Suit He-Man (with techno-sword) to He-Man with half (or combined) Power Sword and then BA, TP, SA, FF, 200x, Preternia Disguise etc as necessary to suit the mission. My collection also has Horde Trooper armor He-Man from his first mission to Etheria. Eventually there will be a King He-Man but at no stage in 'my canon' is there a blue-pants wearing NA He-Man. It is vintage He-Man whenever he needs to go into space.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I didn't have time to write the different Transition of each stage, but here they all are:

Also not in any order.

He-Bro, I love that you have Ice Armor and Jungle Attack He-Man variants represented!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Great thread idea!

My barbarian He-Man gets his armor from the Goddess. He later finds battle armor in the ruins of the pre-cataclysmic civilization. This and other armor belonged to the original king of Grayskull.

Meanwhile, Prince Adam gets his vintage armor in his first transformation. At some point, the power creates new armor for him, intuitively based on his missions. Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, Snake Armor, etc. This extends to Princess Adora in her other armor as well. Some of these armors were based on things previous warriors in the bloodline wore.

(Using the original 200X storyline) Adam looses the use of the sword; his 200X armor is something he crafts himself in dire times. The techno sword is a design of Duncan's based off an ancient blade belonging to King Grayskull, and enchanted by the Sorceress. At this point, Adam is fully grown and looks naturally like He-Man, being the sum of his true potential.

NA armor was created so he could blend into society on Primus and not stand out.

With all the time travel, the future deviates in several directions. One timeline has Adam eventually dressed as King He-Man. Another, he looks like King Grayskull. Should Adora live, she wears the outfit from The Power Tour.
    I love an all inclusive canon!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I understand that some fans are not interested in too many variants of He-Man in MOTUC. However, how do you see his variants from all incarnations in YOUR canon ? We all have our own tastes to include/exclude some "power upgrades" AKA variants in our mythos, so how would you list them in your canon based on his MOTUC looks ?

In My Canon, This Is How He-Man Got His Powers, One By One & Changed His Look Over A Period Of Time (From Top Right To Bottom left) :-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ps226dqhvn.jpg

1) He-Man - Becomes He-Man With The Standard Barbarian Outfit

2) Battle Armour He-Man V1 - Starts Using Battle Armour With Standard Barbarian Outfit

3) Battle Armour He-Man V2 - Starts Using Matching Bracers & Loin Cloth With His Battle Armour

4) Under Cover He-Man - Switches Back To Standard Outfit, But In Red This Time. But His Skin Tone Changes (That Crappy Storyline)

5) Thunder Punch He-Man - Gets Upgraded Power With Thunder Punch Armour To Battle Against Skeletor

6) 200X He-Man - Switches Back To His Barbarian Outfit, But With A New Look & Modern Style

7) Snake Armour He-Man - Gets Upgraded Power With Snake Armour To Battle Against The Snake Men

8) Battle Armour He-Man II (My Custom) - Sorceress Merges He-Ro's Power With He-Man To Battle Against Hordak

9) King He-Man - Kills Hordak, Becomes King Of Eternia & Marries Teela

10) King He-Man - Starts Using Blue Cape (Forgive Me Guys.... I Know This Is Ridiculous, But I Gotta Include Him In The Picture )

11) New Adventures He-Man - Sorceress Upgrades He-Man's Power With The Help Of Starship Eternia

12) New Adventures He-Man - Fully Armoured In Primus To Battle Against Horde Prime & NA Skeletor
    Skip the NA figures (which I don't accept) and I'm almost with you. You did miss the first 2 He-Man looks: Oo-Larr with the long hair, and then Oo-Larr with the vintage head. And I don't see why one wouldn't replace all of those crummy vintage heads with the superior Vintage sculpt.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Some really great pictures here.

Personally, He-man is still battling on timeless Eternia from Filmation. All the other versions, variants, etc. are all part of a "multiverse" - like DC. They could or could not have happened in any reality in particular, and that is all that really matters to me.

It makes things soooooo much easier that way, LOL.

But again, I do like reading others interpretations, and seeing these really cool pics.

Glad You Guys Like This Thread (And My He-Man Variants Picture) !

Before getting into the comments, I would like to say few things about my canon.
    So, In My Canon :-

A) He-Man becomes King of Eternia BEFORE his New Adventures Saga ! In my thinking, He-Man has completed all of his duties in Eternia by becoming a King. Now that he is off to some New Adventures, Queen Teela rules Eternia on behalf of him (for about 2 years) !

B) “2-3 Years ???” you may wonder. That’s because in my canon, He-Man does NOT GETS OLD ! Yeah....... unlike Scott’s MOTUC canon, my He-Man doesn’t wastes 15+ years in space & returns home empty handed like a looser ! In Primus, She-Ra successfully defeats & kills Horde Prime with a major help from He-Man. And thus, both returns to Eternia in 2 years. However, He-Man maintains his fully armoured NA look because of his power merge with Starship Eternia ! Another reason I NA version as a “last” He-Man is because of his slightly bloated jaw. It adds He-Man more of a matured look & “slightly” old compared to his beginners stage of He-Man !

3) Not ALL of my He-Man variants are upgraded with different powers. Some variants such as Battle Armour He-Man V2, King He-Man with blue cape are displayed to show that He-Man does have styling sense of his own. You can also notice He-Man’s colour preference slowly transforms from Silver To Gold as the time progresses. Especially from Battle Armour II (He-Ro’s Outfit), he uses more Gold & Blue mixture (and leaves silver completely) for his Kingly look !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Nice Idea for a thread TUC138 and a great shot there.

Have you thought were the unreleased figures (Flying Fists - Laser Power) will fit in to your list?
    Thanks Bro. ! And yeah.... for sure. I am a sucker for MOTUC variants (), So FF/TC & Laser figures will definitely be part of my MOTU canon. FF will probably be between Thunder Punch & 200X variants & Laser will be before Battle Armour II version.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Nice collection of He-Men TUC138! I do miss seeing Prince Adam and Preternia Disguise He-Man in your evolution series.

Thank You Bro !
    As a HUGE fan of Filmation cartoon, Prince Adam will ALWAYS be in my canon ! However, I am mainly focusing on “He-Man’s” Evolution in this thread. So no worries ! As for Preternia He-Man, (un)fortunately, he is not in my MOTU mythos ! However, Loo Key challenges you if you can find his essence in the picture ??
    Can’t Find ??? Ok.... Loo-Key Reveals It !
    Check He-Man & Battle Armour He-Man V1’s arms, both are sporting with PDHM’s bracer arms !
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I didn't have time to write the different Transition of each stage, but here they all are:

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...88264540_o.jpg
    Also not in any order.

That's one heck of a He-Man customs He-Bro ! Love that Ice Armour version !!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Skip the NA figures (which I don't accept) and I'm almost with you. You did miss the first 2 He-Man looks: Oo-Larr with the long hair, and then Oo-Larr with the vintage head. And I don't see why one wouldn't replace all of those crummy vintage heads with the superior Vintage sculpt.
    Thanks !

TBH, I hate NA cartoon with passion (not to forget that awful cheeky mouse faced skeletor). However, I do like NA in MOTUC. Apart from Karatti, (Hydron (and NA Skeletor up to some extent because of reverse shoulder & bloated armour issues), I pretty much like everything in MOTUC-NA figures. In fact Optikk was my 1st EVER "official" Matty purchase in MOTUC, so that connection will always be there !

As for Oo-Lar heads, there are three of reasons why I haven't included them in my He-Maniverse yet. 1) I always have the soft corner for the classic head. Yes, I know it looks more cheesy & cartoony compared to the vintage inspired head. But, I like that version. 2) I'll have to buy about 6 original He-Man figures (minimum 3) in order to fit them in my canon. Since he is sold out now, it seems that idea is unlikely. 3) Furthermore, I am actually waiting for FF & LP variants reveal. Once I get a clear picture on all He-Man variants in MOTUC, I will decide which He-Man body fits those heads !
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I find the vintage variants really boring. Battle Armor, Thunder Punch etc I never use. Snake Armor and NA armor being so significant and more visually interesting I accept as different outfits he used when need be. I like him becoming King He-man in future too.

He-man, the three eras. by rodstoybox, on Flickr