Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hawke MOTUC discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Now I'm probably grasping at straws here, but this is the only connection I can make: I was looking at Shield Maiden Sherrilyn and noticing that they went out of thier way to remold Battle Ground Teela's loincloth.

Why bother making a new one when you've already got one? They don't mold new things unless they need to. Perhaps this loincloth looks a bit more...windblown?
    I never noticed it was a new sculpt actually. Nice catch.

Really hope we get a Hawk at some point (although I always get confused about her relationship with Stratos) 200X is my favourite MOTU era honestly.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Now I'm probably grasping at straws here, but this is the only connection I can make: I was looking at Shield Maiden Sherrilyn and noticing that they went out of thier way to remold Battle Ground Teela's loincloth.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...awkemaybe1.png

Why bother making a new one when you've already got one? They don't mold new things unless they need to. Perhaps this loincloth looks a bit more...windblown?

On top of that, Sherrilyn's armor...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...awkemaybe2.png

...has a leaf motif that could be painted to look like Stratos' feather motif.

Now like I said: Graspin' at straws here. Especially since this armor doesn't look much like either Delora's or Hawke's. Still...why such specific designs unless they plan to use it elsewhere? The loincloth especially.

Just throwing this out there. Might be other places to apply this than just the Hawke thread.
    I saw the different loincloth straight away and thought of Catra since her vintage finures had more or less a loincloth or like all the Pre-Eternian men have the longer loincloth female characters like the running archer woman from vintages Megator art box - people think this could be the original Sharella, could totally use it.

But i see your point especially with the leaves. Why not create a total new look for Hawke or Delora?! A new out fit for one of them could finally separate them from each other and help everyone to tell them apart!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I saw the different loincloth straight away and thought of Catra since her vintage finures had more or less a loincloth or like all the Pre-Eternian men have the longer loincloth female characters like the running archer woman from vintages Megator art box - people think this could be the original Sharella, could totally use it.

But i see your point especially with the leaves. Why not create a total new look for Hawke or Delora?! A new out fit for one of them could finally separate them from each other and help everyone to tell them apart!
    Yeah, and really when you look at Hawke's 200X look, the chest armor isn't that far off save for the shoulder pads. They would just paint the stomach to match rather than leaving it bare.

But yes, good point with the loin cloth! Perhaps it was just sculpted differently to cover more than one base for various figures.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yeah, and really when you look at Hawke's 200X look, the chest armor isn't that far off save for the shoulder pads. They would just paint the stomach to match rather than leaving it bare.

But yes, good point with the loin cloth! Perhaps it was just sculpted differently to cover more than one base for various figures.
    Hm…i think itīs a bit strange when they paint the torsos, since we can see the nipples and the bellybutton but you are right if they can do that with the male bucks than why not do the same with the female bucks!

The more difficult part would be the hole at the center of the bra/armor, they would need to built something to cover that up…but i guess they could clue it that itīs not a separate piece anymore.
    But maybe they could make the staff of avian top piece, in this case the FILMATION staff into an emblem she could wear on her chest?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Hm…i think itīs a bit strange when they paint the torsos, since we can see the nipples and the bellybutton but you are right if they can do that with the male bucks than why not do the same with the female bucks!

The more difficult part would be the hole at the center of the bra/armor, they would need to built something to cover that up…but i guess they could clue it that itīs not a separate piece anymore.
    But maybe they could make the staff of avian top piece, in this case the FILMATION staff into an emblem she could wear on her chest?
    Well if they're using that armor then I'd be okay with just the belly painted. Her clothes look kinda tight around the waist anyway.

As for the hole: I could see them using a simple addition to the mold to fill the hold (kind of like how Sir Laser Lot is using the same armor as He-Ro but without the H emblem. I think it's a simple swappable addition to the mold). Otherwise, I'd say they could either do as you say and add a new emblem based on something important to the people of Avion or - maybe they could rig some sort of peice that'll be attached to the shoulder pads she has in the 200X pics in this thread.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

That could be pretty cool. I can't wait for Hawke! Sometimes I forget how much I really want her. (Delora I'd prefer to be Stratos' human wife as in the minicomics.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

If it comes down to which Hawke do you want, which would be your choice. I like the MYP design, but hate the colors She would look much better as a combo of Filmation colors on Myp design.

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    If it comes down to which Hawke do you want, which would be your choice. I like the MYP design, but hate the colors She would look much better as a combo of Filmation colors on Myp design.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1372790343
    As i said before i would want Delora in her Filmation outfit and Hawke based on her MYP look and Sherrilyns top would be perfect for her as Alexx pointed out.

Your picture shows her with a chest armor and Sherrilyns armor could easily be turned into that with a painted torso to make it look like that picture.

What ever wing attachment they use could be used for any avion female the only problem would be the jetpack. Filmation Delora didnīt have one i recall…but i could be wrong.
    Last edited by Niki; July 3, 2013 at 02:41pm.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    As i said before i would want Delora in her Filmation outfit and Hawke based on her MYP look and Sherrilyns top would be perfect for her as Alexx pointed out.
    I'd be okay with this approach. Considering Filmation now has their very own subscription, I would prefer characters that appeared in both Fimlation and MYP(Hawke and Evil-Seed) be based on their MYP designs.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'd be okay with this approach. Considering Filmation now has their very own subscription, I would prefer characters that appeared in both Fimlation and MYP(Hawke and Evil-Seed) be based on their MYP designs.
    Filmations design for Delora/Hawke looks great, i like it but i think only one should wear it and Hawkes MYP look is great as well so itīs only logical to me that they use those two designs to finally make two different characters out of them.

When it comes to Evilseed, he has to come with two heads and a cloak, that would solve all the problems. I just hope he is packed wit the MYP head on since iīm not a big fan of the avocado head…more MYP fan when it comes to him.

Hawke is absolutely essential!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Lets hope she comes BEFORE 2016!!!!!
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

She is in my top ten asked figure most want list.

she has really grown on me. Partially because we are so far in of course.

I really expect both Hawke's to be the same. Since in 200x characters got updated, like Evilseed & Marzo, I would expect her to be the same.

As for design? Yeah, go Filmation/ with 200x where applicable. MOTU Classicize it. Basically girl Stratos is what I want. Colours, helmet, wings, ect. Not 200x version directly, colour or otherwise.

As for Delora, other than as a "real name" for Hawke I dont know how to feel. I'd like one female Avion, but 2? Stretching it for me. Since I am not invested in any particular version of who this is, be it sister, wife, or friend, I dont really care.

I'd say just make it a romantic interest named Delora, codenamed "Hawke" and leave it at that.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1372790343
    Is this pic official or drawn by Gbabok, im interested because, 1. They can go with this design or filmation with hawk, then go with the Delora (ladybird) version, to distinguish or make them look more like separate characters.

2. Did she have that sword in the 200x cartoon, because there is alot of media showing Startos with a sword, enough that I would throw another magical artifact out there, the sword of avion. I know its creating something out of the blue. but we have 3 prominent Avions, and only 2 offensive weapons, i am always looking for way, to even the odds. Heres some of that media
    sword of avion.jpg
    stratsword.JPG
    stratsword3.JPG

Let's vote Hawke up in the polls, folks!
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lets hope she comes BEFORE 2016!!!!!
    Im hoping a 2016 or 200x sub will happen so we can get this much needed character.

While I prefer the 200X Look Myself, I wouldn't be opposed to the Filmation look. (That way I could get a second one and paint her hair blonde and I have a poor man's Delora as well. I know I could do that with the MYP version too, but... It's not the same.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I would love to get Hawke in this line; I'm not holding my breath, but I would love to have her.

I like the direction of speculation regarding Shieldmaiden Sherrilyn's armor and loincloth; I also think danielsan52 had the right idea: Filmation colors on the MYP design.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Any Avionion woman in the line would be awesome! Hawke would be great. Please make this happen, Mattel!

Yes we need Hawke already! She's like Hawkgirl to Stratos' Hawkman, or Batgirl to Stratos' Batman. Not to mention she would be awesome!

I think Hawke must be the only figure I hope is based more on the Filmation version then the MYP version but I'm sure the 4HM will come up with an excellent combination of the two
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Of all the flying bird-monkey ladies out there, she is my favorite.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Here are my suggestions on how they can release this character...

Option #1
    Filmation Hawke can come with a secondary head, which is that of Filmation Delora. They both use the same body. Add in some avion weapons, like the smoke screen gun, and you got a cool figure that could score multiple purchases for display options.

Option #2
    Release a Filmation Avion Rocketeer army builder, which comes with one male and one female figure. The male can have 2 or 3 unique heads. The Female can have a Filmation Hawke head (redhead), a Filmation Delora head (blond), and maybe a third generic female head (Brunette). Throw in the smoke screen gun and a net gun, and maybe an second, alternative Jetpack for both the male and female, and now you have an army builder that not only supplies you with troops for Stratos, but also supplies two new, original characters.

Additional option...
    Mini-Comic Delora, Stratos' wife, could come as a chase figure or traveling exclusive, and she could come with the Egg of Avion and perhaps Stratos' feather necklace, as seen in the mini-comics (wearable on Stratos). Maybe she could also come with a sword or an Ilkort spiked club.