Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlor's head non-removable!

Grizzlor's head non-removable!

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but according to TG, Grizzlor will not have a removable head. I so wanted to make a Grizzlor headed Orko body figure!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    His head doesn't remove, but his head pops off!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    His face pops off but the head is not removable due to the fur.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...6&r=2181004936
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...6&r=2181004936
    I saw that...rather weird. Could there be a Millennium face hidden in the package that they're keeping a secret until the preview samples, a la Tri-Klops's ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Poe Ghostal View Post
    I saw that...rather weird. Could there be a Millennium face hidden in the package that they're keeping a secret until the preview samples, a la Tri-Klops's ring?
    That's what I was thinking. Either that, or their glue sucks.

Q: demoman: I'm assuming since we didn't see them, there are no alternate heads packaged with Grizzlor or Buzz-Off. These two had really distinct, and different looks in MYP and we usually get bonus heads to represent those looks. Buzz-Off in particular really seems to need a more serious second head at least vaguely inspired by his 200x look or something original like the second Moss Man head. Is there any hope? Is a head pack any more likely in the future than it was last time you addressed it?
    Answer from TG:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    No alternate heads for them at this time. Maybe in a re-release down the road. Anything is possible.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...6&r=3681004936
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Alternate "head" does not equal alternate "face". If it was intended as a surprise, you don't think he'd parse those semantics?

I'm not saying an alternate face is very likely. But it's weird he said that the face can pop off, yesno? I mean, why can the face pop off at all?

Man-E-Grizzlor with changeable faces.

Alternate "head" does not equal alternate "face". If it was intended as a surprise, you don't think he'd parse those semantics?

I'm not saying an alternate face is very likely. But it's weird he said that the face can pop off, yesno? I mean, why can the face pop off at all?
    That's always true, I guess. I would love an extra "face."

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It would also be cool if there were an alt face and it was the black face.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

"I want your face!"
    "I rise, you fall!"

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Yeah, it does seem odd that the face would be able to be removed if there wasn't an alternate face to put back there. Otherwise they're just making it very easy for Grizzlor to lose face!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    It would also be cool if there were an alt face and it was the black face.
    I am REALLY surprised they didn't include the black face since it's even cheaper to include than an alternate head (I mean it's just the same face we're getting in another color).

I wonder if that was just not-so-great planning?

The black face does not warrant a variant (unless he's put into a DC 2-pack), so unless they put it into a weapons pak, we won't get it

They said no 'heads' in the Weapons Paks... maybe a face is another story
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Didn't they announce a face pack for 2013?

I want to take his face off

Bill :: guitargod694

When I read that his "face pops off" I was thinking maybe it's because Grizzlor's face will double as Man-E-Faces' "monster" face that pops off (or is interchangeable) in order to recreate his many-faces action-feature...

But then I thought, nah, I'm sure Grizzlor's face "pops off" simply so that he can have snugly-fitting, face-fur, which along with the rest of the fur, is one single "cover" piece, and is why the head cannot be removed.
    – No comment.

I wonder if one of Grizzlor's faces will have a drill sticking out of his eye.

I do hope this means we'll get a 200x varent face...but yer this is totally how Man-E-Faces is gonna work...and i'm cool with that. It would be interesting to put a man-e-faces face on grizzlor...kinda like Man-E is in disguise ala the ep were he disguised himself as beastman.
    Having said that....this makes me think...what are the possibilities of man-E coming with a pop on beast Man face...of a pop on skeletor face...or any of the other characters...hmmm...me like this idea...
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

I thought it's been said that Man-E-Faces will have the swivel head just like his vintage and 200X counterparts because it's part of what makes the character just like Roboto's working gears.

I do think that Grizzlor's face comes off because quite possibly it'll make it easier to do a "200X" face version later on.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I thought it's been said that Man-E-Faces will have the swivel head just like his vintage and 200X counterparts because it's part of what makes the character just like Roboto's working gears.
    Yeah I fully expect working rotating faces.

Not a problem for me on Grizzlor. I didn't have any thoughts on customizing any other figures with his head. If I did, there are ways around it anyway, but I'm not really bothering to customize much with He-Man figures. It'd only be a few here and there if I do any.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    I do hope this means we'll get a 200x varent face...but yer this is totally how Man-E-Faces is gonna work...and i'm cool with that. It would be interesting to put a man-e-faces face on grizzlor...kinda like Man-E is in disguise ala the ep were he disguised himself as beastman.
    Having said that....this makes me think...what are the possibilities of man-E coming with a pop on beast Man face...of a pop on skeletor face...or any of the other characters...hmmm...me like this idea...
    no, ManEfaces will have his rotating faces just like his previous figures. it's no different than Tri-klops' rotating visor.

I do think that Grizzlor's face comes off because quite possibly it'll make it easier to do a "200X" face version later on.
    then why not just include his '200x' face to begin with, rather than scalping another $20 from those who want that version later on? I absolutely HATE it when toy companies do that. I would be furious if i had to buy a whole new grizzlor just for the 200x face when it should be included to begin with.

why even have his face removeable if he doesn't have an alternate face included? makes no sense to me. i can see why the head wouldn't be removeable, given the fur.... as long as he still has the ball jointed neck, I don't mind.

i can't see them doing any head packs or 'face' packs if they won't even give us weapons packs with 'new' stuff included (non repainted items).

I'm not even sure what to make of the useless repainted roboto weapons in the next weapons pack.... i do hope they figured out that they won't work for Trap-jaw since they don't have pegs with which to attach them. why they made Trap-jaws & robotos weapons incompatible is beyond me.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I'm not even sure what to make of the useless repainted roboto weapons in the next weapons pack.... i do hope they figured out that they won't work for Trap-jaw since they don't have pegs with which to attach them. why they made Trap-jaws & robotos weapons incompatible is beyond me.
    This has been addressed. Roboto at SDCC was a prototype and the final version will have male plugs on the attachment pieces, just like Trap-Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    MEF was originally designed with that pop-off face thing, but Mattel sent him back to the 4H to be resdesigned with the action feature (spinning head).

Now that people have been talking about MEF with pop off faces, I wonder if it would have been better with them. I just hope that MEF, since he only has one weapon, will come with some alternate "disguise" heads.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    MEF was originally designed with that pop-off face thing, but Mattel sent him back to the 4H to be resdesigned with the action feature (spinning head).

Now that people have been talking about MEF with pop off faces, I wonder if it would have been better with them. I just hope that MEF, since he only has one weapon, will come with some alternate "disguise" heads.
    In the 200X 'toon, he also used a club a few times (did his gun turn into the club?), so it's possible he could come with that as well.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Man-E-Grizzlor with changeable faces.
    you might be onto something, as to how they could do Man-E-Faces.
    Does Galactus fart?