Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Buzz-Off, Stingrad and Queen Andreeno

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    OK, added Bumblor. I'm wondering if Sweet Bee (or whoever the POP character is called) should be in the list.
    I think it would be fun to have Sweet Bee be a "human Eternian" child who was orphaned/abandoned and raised among the Andreenids, like Worf or Tarzan. She and Buzz Off could be like brother and sister.

PLEASE let's not make the two a couple. It was gross enough with Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis. And I'm not necessarily talking about the Fly movie either.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I like it. I always believe that BuzzOff and Sweet Bee must be related somehow.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Buzz off should look cool but I hope he doesn't look creepy like some icky looking insect. I don't mind his 80s appearance but anything worse than that could look disgusting.

Hmm. I think I've just convinced myself not to get this figure.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I love the idea of having the Council.

One of my fave Star Wars items is the Jedi High Council display.

I'd love a Buzz-Off figure with interchangable head and wings. He must sport his classic axe and helmet too. I don't think they will include the insect-like second set of limbs. The four smaller legs coming out of his back would be nice, just like Webstor has them.

Sweet Bee could be his adopted sister. That would really give some depth to both characters. The couple thing would be stereotype and a little weird. I hope she comes out less fluffy like she was in the POP line. Please more warrior-like, but still classic.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    Sweet Bee could be his adopted sister. That would really give some depth to both characters. The couple thing would be stereotype and a little weird.
    And that isn't haha? Just kidding!

I can't wait for Buzzzzzzz-Off!

I wouldn't mind a Buzz-Off/Stingrad/Queen Andreeno 3-pack Actually, a "bonus" drone would be good for army building as well.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Buzz off should look cool but I hope he doesn't look creepy like some icky looking insect. I don't mind his 80s appearance but anything worse than that could look disgusting.

Hmm. I think I've just convinced myself not to get this figure.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. He almost certainly won't be any more insect-like than his 200X appearance, which wasn't icky or creepy looking.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The 200x Buzz-off was great. It's the only character that I'm sad we'll probably not see the 200x figure proportions on. I'll miss the thinner insectoid arms.
    And what really bothers me is that there is SIGNIFICANT potential in parts reuse in an "insectoid" body:
    Buzz-Off, who is easily the base for Stingrad, and maybe even repaint Stingrad into a generic Andreenid soldier. And then, a majority of the limbs and parts of the torso could have also been applied to old Webstor, giving HIM a more insectoid appearance as well.

As is, given what I'm seeing from guys like Mossman, I think Buzz-Off will end up okay, though like Webstor, it will probably take me a bit to warm up to the homogenized look.

Not really sure who Stingrad is but 2 for 3 is a done deal peeps...

I'm hopeful to see a Buzz-Off because he would presumably share pieces with my very-much wanted Clawful and Whiplash, and Mattel is more likely to produce those new parts if they know that they can get mo rebang from their buck (ha!). That being said, he is one figure who is definitely going to suffer from comaprison to his 200x incarnation, where he actually looked like a bee and not a doofy smiling crab-bee-man.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Why is Sweet Bee being retconned into an Eternian by fans again? We can handle her being a space traveller who ends upon Etheria, can't we?

And I think Queen Andreeno would make a great figure, and if she looks good people will buy that figure. It depends more on how much she interests the Horsemen, because I think there'd be fan interest otherwise. Now Stingrad...I don't know. In the MOTUC formula, he'd just be Buzz Off with hands and a different head, which seems kind of boring.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 30, 2009 at 02:39pm.

But Stingrad is a bada**! I'd love all three of these characters and Bumblor! (Seriously, I want Bumblor.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Well, Stingrad would make a great bonus figure. Bumblor would go well, and Queen Andreenos would make another great bonus figure. I seriously hope Mattel make these guys.

Well, Stingrad would make a great bonus figure. Bumblor would go well, and Queen Andreenos would make another great bonus figure. I seriously hope Mattel make these guys.

Now that Trap Jaw has extra parts to make Kronis, do you think we'll get spare parts with Buzz Off to make Stingrad? Would it be possible to do Bumblor this way?
    Last edited by Novelty; January 11, 2010 at 12:46am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Who wants a 'giant' Stingrad

Now that Mattel has gone all out and made the giant Tytus, who would want to see STINGRAD made as a giant 'beast' figure at about 10" height consistent with how he towered over Buzz-Off in the MYP 'toon - rather than as a regular sized MOTUC repainted Buzz-Off.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Buzz-Off was always one of my all time favorites
    Here's for Buzz-Off in 2011!!!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    Buzz-Off and Sweet Bee are totally justified. We need them in our MOTUC collection !

By the way, with the shared-tooling being still implemented, and given the recent statements made by TOyguru (see Roast Gooble Dinner 1), i have th efeeling we might very well see Buzz-Off released by the end of this year, or at least not later than the first months of 2011.

Stingrad and Queen Andreenos seem less justified to me. No need to get too many bees/wasp themed figures, in my opinion. If we eventually get to them, fine. But they shouldn't come before all the other MOTU/NA/POP/200x characters have been released.

I thnk mixing more obscure charcacters in is what will keep this line healthy for a long time. The attitude of "not until after I get what I want" is a bit off, IMO. Of course, I want it all, so I'm being a bit biased, aren't I? I will be as excited for Stingrad, Bumblor, and the Queen of Andreenos as I will be for Cringer, Man-E-Faces, Clawful, and Stinkor. I love the Andreenids. My fiancee and I watched "Buzz-Off's Pride the other night-I am hoping for the MYP Giants as well.

On Stingrad, I would actually prefer that he be the same size as Buzz-Off in MOTUC. I had forgotten how much bigger he was than Buzz-Off and came to accept him as the same. I won't be disappointed in the slightest when (yes, when! ) Mattel reveals him someday and he's primarily a BU repaint, albeit with a new head.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Buzz-Off and Sweet Bee are totally justified. We need them in our MOTUC collection !

By the way, with the shared-tooling being still implemented, and given the recent statements made by TOyguru (see Roast Gooble Dinner 1), i have th efeeling we might very well see Buzz-Off released by the end of this year, or at least not later than the first months of 2011.

Stingrad and Queen Andreenos seem less justified to me. No need to get too many bees/wasp themed figures, in my opinion. If we eventually get to them, fine. But they shouldn't come before all the other MOTU/NA/POP/200x characters have been released.
    But Spectror, if Stingrad was released as a 'beast' he wouldn't take a spot otherwise reserved for someone else.

Like you, I do think we are quite close to seeing Buzz-Off (its funny how a Jan, Feb or Mar 2011 release doesn't seem too far off now we're in May 2010 ). And once we see Buzzy, a regular sized Stingrad could follow as a 'bonus' quarterly figure at almost any time Mattel have a production hole, to help make even more money on existing tools and help afford new tooling for more unique sculpt characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    But Spectror, if Stingrad was released as a 'beast' he wouldn't take a spot otherwise reserved for someone else.
    Why is that a concern? He's MOTU, just like the other characters. For me the more convincing argument is that a beast wouldn't just be Buzz Off with a different head, which I find way too boring an approach. I have the same problem with Ceratus, he's Whiplash all over again, though I do like the character. At least Stingrad looked significantly different enough from Buzz Off that he could work as a beast/giant.

I don't think there's anything wrong with including Queen Andreeno, or even upping the number of insect characters. There are a lot of insect characters in MOTU when you consider the Kex and the Arachnoids. I hope we get a figure of Webstor's parent Raknus someday (I think it's a dad, but who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Why is that a concern? He's MOTU, just like the other characters. For me the more convincing argument is that a beast wouldn't just be Buzz Off with a different head, which I find way too boring an approach. I have the same problem with Ceratus, he's Whiplash all over again, though I do like the character. At least Stingrad looked significantly different enough from Buzz Off that he could work as a beast/giant.

I don't think there's anything wrong with including Queen Andreeno, or even upping the number of insect characters. There are a lot of insect characters in MOTU when you consider the Kex and the Arachnoids. I hope we get a figure of Webstor's parent Raknus someday (I think it's a dad, but who knows).
    I agree completely! A beast/giant Stingrad would be a more authentic representation of the MYP character than a mere Buzz-Off repaint.

Now that we have seen Buzz-Off...

Now that we've seen Buzz-Off, how easy would it be to go from him to Bumblor, Stingrad and Queen Andreenos? Would the Queen be the next figure to be released for the Eternian council? Will we get an Andreenid 2 pack army builder? The possibilities are endless.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

An Andreenid army builder pack would be cool, but the thing about them is that they all looked different (well, not on the Filmation toon , but on the MYP toon).

There was an Andreenid that was larger than Buzz-Off, an Andreenid that was smaller, and then the Queen.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Stingrad is the Andreenid I most want (other than Buzz-Off of course) but I don't want him sharing Buzzy's body - I want a large beast sized Stingrad to maintain the scale of size difference as per the MYP toon.

I think there is a very good chance we will see more Andreenids than just Buzz-Off if this line lasts through to 2017 and beyond.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Don't think we are getting more Andreenids than the main ones, they need so many new parts that an army builder pack (even though it would be awesome) it's difficult to imagine
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit