Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitting Star Sisters end up costing more

Splitting Star Sisters end up costing more

So, splitting the cost of the Star Sisters was supposed to ease the financial burden. But I have just been charged for the remaining $40 plus Sorceress and Fisto. Now, my maths is rusty but adding $40 to a $40 order instead of adding it to the $20 of the first half of the Sisters order ends up making Feb an even more expensive month than Jan was supposed to be.

I don't even know why I'm being charged for Feb already but this line is in such a mess that nothing surprises me. Maybe it's because my subs were accidentally cancelled by DR? I'm already half expecting to be charged the whole lot again in Feb.

Scott, if you're not too busy with your new blog, can you shed some light on this? Or will I be left in the dark, just like we all have over the mass sub cancellation 'experience'?

There's definitely some messy stuff right now. But I do think Scott is actively working to get this fixed. Heck, it may be mandatory at this point to help repair customer confidence in MOTUC and Matty.

Digital River is really screwing things up. Heck, they have been for the entire life of this line.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    There's definitely some messy stuff right now. But I do think Scott is actively working to get this fixed. Heck, it may be mandatory at this point to help repair customer confidence in MOTUC and Matty.

Digital River is really screwing things up. Heck, they have been for the entire life of this line.
    There is not many things MOTU fans can agree on, if it be cannon, color choice, factions, etc... but one thing I would say 100% of MOTU fans can agree on, is DR needs to go, period.

It long over due, its sad to say, but Im willing to bet the announcement that Mattel was dropping DR would get a big louder response then when TG announced Filmation rights.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    There is not many things MOTU fans can agree on, if it be cannon, color choice, factions, etc... but one thing I would say 100% of MOTU fans can agree on, is DR needs to go, period.

It long over due, its sad to say, but Im willing to bet the announcement that Mattel was dropping DR would get a big louder response then when TG announced Filmation rights.
    I'm just scared we could end up with a company that's even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Oh great now Im really scared lol, thanks TS

I honestly don't think it could get worse....a monkey randomly typing keys or tossing boxes in a box truck blindfolded could do better at this point. And you could probably understand monkeys over the phone better.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

I agree. I hope that Scott is working as hard as he can on this, but DR has plagued the line from the beginning. I don't understand how so many problems can come from one company (DR).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hate to say it but I agree. Not saying I don't want them to change, but I wouldn't necessarily be dancing in the streets if they did. More like waiting to see what happened with the new company. Back when Hasbro started HTS they were just as bad as DR...the difference being they've learned from a lot of their mistakes and fixed them.

This totally. DR is an incompetent company.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sorry, but no, your math is wrong. The split makes it look like it is more expensive, but when you add them together, it is right. I had a charge of $53 and then $81, which made me think I got charged more than I should have. However, adding them up is $134, so the price is normal.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, but no, your math is wrong. The split makes it look like it is more expensive, but when you add them together, it is right. I had a charge of $53 and then $81, which made me think I got charged more than I should have. However, adding them up is $134, so the price is normal.
    I'm not saying that the total is more. It's that the $60 charge was broken up because it was too large and I ended up with an $80 one instead. Times that by three subs.

If they decided to dump DR they could save it for SDCC as their big announcement. Fans would go wild!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    So, splitting the cost of the Star Sisters was supposed to ease the financial burden. But I have just been charged for the remaining $40 plus Sorceress and Fisto. Now, my maths is rusty but adding $40 to a $40 order instead of adding it to the $20 of the first half of the Sisters order ends up making Feb an even more expensive month than Jan was supposed to be.

I don't even know why I'm being charged for Feb already but this line is in such a mess that nothing surprises me. Maybe it's because my subs were accidentally cancelled by DR? I'm already half expecting to be charged the whole lot again in Feb.

Scott, if you're not too busy with your new blog, can you shed some light on this? Or will I be left in the dark, just like we all have over the mass sub cancellation 'experience'?
    In the emails that TG/Mattel sent out to those who had there sub cancelled by DR, it stated that when you use that link to reactivate your sub that you'd be charge for the remaining half of the SS and for the Feb figures. It seems a little unfair since it was DR fault that fans had their subs canceled. So not only did the customer had to do the work to reactivate their own sub they had to pay for the Feb almost 3 weeks earlier.

Mattel needs to do something with DR, it stinks!

500th POST!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I'm not saying that the total is more. It's that the $60 charge was broken up because it was too large and I ended up with an $80 one instead. Times that by three subs.
    But you have to understand the reasoning...it's not costing you more.

The charge was broken up to help the buyers. The switch in the schedule happened so late that they did this to help the buyers get their finances in order. Prior to the release, the Sorceress was the only figure in the subscription being offered...then a week or so prior to sale day, the releases got switched and made it so that the customers needed to shell out $60 rather than $20. So, to help the customer, they only required the buyers to come up with the $20...and then still have time to come up with the remainder.

They are really damned if they do...damned if they don't.

It has nothing to do with the amount per month...it was all due to the fact that the monetary value of that specific month multiplied by 3 so late in the game.

I don't think you are being charged for February's figures yet! No one has been charged for them yet! If you were, then Digital River again is screwing things up! But back to your comment. Are you sure you are just thinking your paying more? How much was shipping? With it in a huge box, maybe your being charged more than normal?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Fans would go wild!
    So, they'd take their tops off and start making out with each other?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

yeah, i don't know if i've been over charged. i can't make heads or tails of the invoice they have attached to the two orders on mattycollector. the first (from my original order) lists $20 for the sub exclusive fig and $20 for the sisters plus tax for about $43.50. The most current order on there lists just the sisters at $40 plus tax at the same price.

I'm confused.

TG - you might want to send everyone an updated invoice in their email. This would help explain what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    In the emails that TG/Mattel sent out to those who had there sub cancelled by DR, it stated that when you use that link to reactivate your sub that you'd be charge for the remaining half of the SS and for the Feb figures. It seems a little unfair since it was DR fault that fans had their subs canceled. So not only did the customer had to do the work to reactivate their own sub they had to pay for the Feb almost 3 weeks earlier.

Mattel needs to do something with DR, it stinks!

500th POST!
    I'm pretty sure mine says that I will not be charged for the Feb figures until they ship. But I will check. If they can't split it into two payments, why try and split Jan?

Interestingly, my Star Sisters first payment order has dropped off my order history on Matty? Yet I have the email invoice and the charge on my card.

WDWFreak53, how much time did they give me to prepare my finances for this Jan/Feb combo-charge, which is even more than Jan. Actually, we don't know because there's no due/end date with the re-join email invoice and Matty hasn't said anything.

Edit:
    This is the text in the email I received to re-join the sub:
    PLEASE NOTE: You will be charged $40 today for each "Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Star Sisters 2nd Installment."You will be charged $20 for each Sorceress Figure and Fisto Figure at the time they ship. Your Shadow Weaver Figure(s) and bonus Map(s) of Preternia are FREE with your 2012 Club Eternia Subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I don't think you are being charged for February's figures yet! No one has been charged for them yet! If you were, then Digital River again is screwing things up! But back to your comment. Are you sure you are just thinking your paying more? How much was shipping? With it in a huge box, maybe your being charged more than normal?
    I'm sure. The invoice has everything listed separately: Star Sisters, Sorceress, Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Map, shipping.
    Last edited by He-Boy; January 30, 2012 at 12:14pm.

PLEASE NOTE: You will be charged $40 today for each "Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Star Sisters 2nd Installment."You will be charged $20 for each Sorceress Figure and Fisto Figure at the time they ship. Your Shadow Weaver Figure(s) and bonus Map(s) of Preternia are FREE with your 2012 Club Eternia Subscription.
    We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and appreciate you being part of the Masters of the UniverseŽ Classics family!
    Sincerely,
    Mattycollector Customer Service

I copied this from the email that someone posted on Cancellation thread.

It's worded badly, it sounds at first like you'll be charged only the $40 but goes on to read as if you'll be charged for everything. And if you were charged $80 plus tax and shipping that would appear to be exactly what they did.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

ok, then it looks like i got free shipping? cause there was no shipping charges on either invoice.

Interestingly, the VAT invoice that I download from the very screen that I just posted an image of only lists the star sisters catch up payment. But the email invoice and charge on my card is close to $300. Can the charge drop off my card and be replaced with the smaller one? Either way, it has still affected the avail funds on my card. And none of this was communicated. When is the communication improvement going to begin? I'll mark it in my calendar.

One a more positive note, the recent email I received from DR about another issue was possibly their most customer-friendly one out of them all. The issue isn't resolved, but I feel like it actually might be - eventually. It's given me the impression that they really do want to help. Or something. Either way, it made for a better experience than the usual system-generated groundhog day emails that I have been receiving for 2 months.
    Last edited by He-Boy; January 30, 2012 at 12:39pm.

That's weird you got charged for February. Has anyone else had this?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    That's weird you got charged for February. Has anyone else had this?
    Not me, that would be crazy early

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    (In reply to He-Boy's initial post) are you sure that you were charged $40 twice? The initial charge should have been for around $20, and then the second charge was for around $40.

Having done the math, because of the weird way the shipping worked out, I think I actually saved money compared to what it would have cost if it was charged all at once. My first charge was for $24.35, and my second charge was for $42.50. That comes out to a total of $66.85, and I am in a state that pays tax on these orders. So, I ended the total of the tax and shipping came out to less than what a full shipping charge would be for a single $20 figure. And heck, it's only 85 cents over the cost of the item before tax and shipping for manual orders.

By comparison, my MOTU+GB sub order for Demo-Man, BG Evil-Lyn, and Vigo (3 $20 figures, or 3 figures for $60) came out to a total of $75.50. And my separate order that I placed for the new Peter Venkman came out to $32.08.

I wonder, did you have a sub from last year? Could one of the $40 charges that you are referring to be for Demo-Man and Evil-Lyn? I'm not saying that DR didn't screw things up (they are known for that), but between the delays in the December items, the splitting up of the Star Sisters charges, and some people getting confused about credit/debit card authorization holds vs actual charges, I think it's possible that at least some people are getting things mixed up and confused when in reality everything has gone just fine (I'm not saying that this is absolutely the case for every person... there may be some genuine errors... but there seems to be a lot of jumping the gun in this regard).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Not me, that would be crazy early

It can't be right.