Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Pantheon of Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Really? I know I put it in the MOTUC forum, but there is no general MOTU forum. The idea was to gather info on all canons as MOTUC does seem to be combining.

Your call though fella.
    Well, the thread is fine here, I was just referring about info pertaining specifically to the MVC comic

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    So where does this thread stand now that we have the Goddess's bio?

Evil & Armed For Combat TrapJaw's Avatar
    In my fanfic setting, I created a mythology using a pastiche of Procrustus and the Goddess from the mini-comics, as well as the God-Beasts from the 200X incarnation.

If anyone would like to read it, it's linked at :http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177919
    "HA! If such as you are the best that this world can muster, then it is already won!" Trap-Jaw, from the Menace of Trap-Jaw!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    In my understanding, it seems The Goddess Teela from the mini-comics Tale of Teela, Ordeal of Man-E-Faces, etc. is different from The Goddess Sharella from the very first mini-comic, He-man and the Power Sword!

One is fair skinned while the other is green skinned. Could it be the title was transferred to The Goddess Teela by The Goddess Sharella?!?

Which shows there are two Godesses that protects Eternia!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    In my understanding, it seems The Goddess Teela from the mini-comics Tale of Teela, Ordeal of Man-E-Faces, etc. is different from The Goddess Sharella from the very first mini-comic, He-man and the Power Sword!

One is fair skinned while the other is green skinned. Could it be the title was transferred to The Goddess Teela by The Goddess Sharella?!?

Which shows there are two Godesses that protects Eternia!
    This is a very real possibility. At this point I am even more curious as to what the Sorceress's backstory is. How does she fit in between Teela and Sheralla. I also wish we knew why Teela and the Goddess look exactly the same!?

Probably for the same reason that He-Man/Adam and Wun-Dar look identical. i'm entertaining the idea that they are distantly related in some way. Perhaps Sharella's history matches more closely with MYP's Sorceress', in which, during a time of peace, she falls for a brave warrior and conceives a child. Sharella may have taken a lover (giggle) and given birth to The Sorceress. (Perhaps she changed her skin to a normal shade at this time as well.)

Goddess doesn't always mean "God" or deity. It can also mean beautiful, etc. IMO, I believe that's what they meant for the "warrior" Teela in her first incarnation. I think she was MOTU's Red Sonja in a round about way (love interest, blah, blah)

Teela is more than that now though. She is the Sorceress' magically cloned daughter and heir to the guardianship of Grayskull. Not sure where that puts her but I don't see her or the Sorceress as Gods. I think the Goddess part still refers to her looks. She's a "Warrior Goddess"... she's supposed to be HOT!

The Goddess on the other hand is a supernatural entity and could be interpreted as a deity.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    More about the Eternia Pantheon:
    The Ancients (never been clear how much human they were)
    The Overlords of the Eternal Dimension (from the episode "The Golden Disk of Knowledge)
    And, from Etheria: The First Ones
    In page 6 of the ultimate battleground mini comic they depecit the ancients as 3 humans
    ancients.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I`m not a fan of the "god-thing" in MOTU/MOTUC...

In my cannon there is Castle Grayskull, the timless fortress of mystery and power & the Sword of Power, indestructible and the most powerful weapon in the universe.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I`m not a fan of the "god-thing" in MOTU/MOTUC...

In my cannon there is Castle Grayskull, the timless fortress of mystery and power & the Sword of Power, indestructible and the most powerful weapon in the universe.

Period.

I'm with u berserker79 on this one. I like the idea of them all being the most powerful beings in the universe fighting for the position of master of the universe. no gods needed. they themselves are gods.
    bnl4life