Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh: Interview With Mattel Part 2 (September 7, 2009) LONG

the interview, with pictures, here: http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009...eitlich-part-2

part one of the interview is here: http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009...eitlich-part-1
    Action figure pictures and more! | ActionFigurePics.com | Masters of the Universe Classics

I'am very excited for She-ra in 2010 and Beast-man reissue on january!! And hope who Fisto and Jitsu released too 2010!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Alright...we know

Jan-Adora; BA He-Man
    Feb-Trap Jaw; Battle Cat
    Mar-Moss Man; Wun-Dar (subscription bonus)

Coming sometime in 2010
    Orko
    She-Ra
    NA character
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 7, 2009 at 05:51pm.

alot of good stuf in there
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

SN: Are you kidding? Peek-a-Blue, Mermista, Frosta, Sweet Bee, even Bow done by the Horsemen? We want to do them all and we will get to them in time. Masters of the Universe Classics from day one were always meant to be about everything.
    Woowww.....
    my heart had an noxious beat of pleasure in that moment....

...also glad about Beast Man rerelease in January

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Thrilled to see that Beast Man is coming back in January. I'm sure the She-Ra figure will be awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Same here. Peekablue seems to be a popular 'name' to throw out there. I know one of the Four Horsemen mentioned her in ToyFare as well.

It's fantastic to hear Toyguru speaking so positively about POP! Peeka-Blue with her powers of Multi-Vision would make an incredable orical (if TG decided to include that element of her powers in her MOTUC bio). But I would personally want to see characters like Angella, Glimmer, Catra & Castaspella included before Sweet-Bee etc. But if we apply the same logic Mattel applied to MOTUC Adora coming out before MOTUC She-Ra, it could make sense to do some of the more obscure POP characters like Sweet-Bee first!

Characters like Angella, Glimmer, Catra etc will probably sell well whenever they are released, but the first POP/NA characters might sell well just on the virtue of being the first, meaning more hype for whoever those characters are. Mattel could totally through us a curve ball and bring out Spinerella early on, we just don't know what they are gonna dot's very good comforting (as a POP fan) to hear that Mattel are thinking about these fantastic characters. I also liked how they referenced Frosta's Style guide design! I really hope Mattel have reconsidered this document as a legal loop hole, allowing Mattel to bring us more Filmation accurate versions of the characters they do have the rights to produce. Great interview Toyguru!
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 7, 2009 at 07:49pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

This is all exciting news! Does anyone know if for a fact each month will see two new releases? If that's the case, then we could start debating on which 24 of the characters will likely get released!

Adora, Battle Armor He-Man, Trap Jaw, Moss Man, and who else?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

a REALLY good interview and some great info on alot of lines.

like confirmation on beast man and she-ra. i liked the name dropping of a bunch of characters as well.

being able to buy dcuc online is what makes me the most happy out of dc news.

the GB news was also informative. i wonder if they will sculpt a new GB suit body that doesnt have straps so we can get removable proton packs.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    i'm sure that we are all delighted to hear all this good news. I'm just a little surprised that Mattel with release all this infor at once since they've been pretty conversative in releasing information on future figures (potential and/or confirmed figures)....not that I'm complaining. Yes....more figures....keep them coming!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Great news! I love hearing Mattel talk about figures like Carnivous ect. Good to see they are thinking about the new figures. Good news about beastman!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Is this a hint of what's to come in 2010?? Hmmmm....
    im hoping on clawful

I am SO totally psyched about the characters Toyguru mentioned. I know most of them aren't confirmed at all, but he wouldn't mention them if they weren't interested in them!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    But I would personally want to see characters like Angella, Glimmer, Catra & Castaspella included before Sweet-Bee etc.
    I don't know... I think it would be HILARIOUS to get a Sweet Bee figure from the Horsemen, who is DEVASTATINGLY beautiful, but also as devastatingly dangerous...

For example.. she could come with another head, that is either a helmet, or her REAL head - and it could be this horrible looking, scary killer bee face... Sweet Bee IS an alien, after-all... she is not native to Etheria (at least in the Filmation show). She could also have interchangeable hands or something...

so in one form, she's this hot, alluring Bee girl, and then ZAP she's like Predator.

Go to it, 4H!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    For example.. she could come with another head, that is either a helmet, or her REAL head - and it could be this horrible looking, scary killer bee face... Sweet Bee IS an alien, after-all... she is not native to Etheria (at least in the Filmation show). She could also have interchangeable hands or something...

so in one form, she's this hot, alluring Bee girl, and then ZAP she's like Predator.

Go to it, 4H!!

And Tallstar can be a cross between Extendar and Trap-Jaw. Give her some threatening arm attachments, like a drill. Or she could be like a Terminator.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

SN: Yes. So in January, Adora, Battle Armor He-Man and I think Beastman will all go on sale at the same time.

SN: But there are also some original characters from 200x- characters like Pravus, Carnivus, Lord Dactus that we will get to in time too in a Classics style.
    These are the best things to come out of the interview

Thanks for posting Tallstar

Can someone please remind me who Pravus is? Thanks.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Can someone please remind me who Pravus is? Thanks.

Scott
    This is Pravus

As seen in the 200x episode Out of the Past
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Great interview!!

Great interview,I especially love the mention of Sweet Bee,Peekablue and Mermista.Even though his name was not dropped among the other 200x names ,I would love a Sortec figure.Maybe a boxset with his eternian self and his rebuilt cyborg/machine self.One can dream

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Amazing! Adora and She-Ra in 2010! YES!! :-) I would love to see Bow and Glimmer myself. Great news all around. I'm a little irked that I just paid a somewhat hefty price for Beast Man to learn he's coming in Jan., but oh well. One less to buy then I suppose.

Seeing obscure characters would be nice too. I want a WHOLE Eternia/Etheria in my collection! :-)

Cool! a lot of re-release! after skeletor in dicember is coming bestman! but i don't understand way they said that we will see 1 PoP and 1 NA figures in 2010, with Adora and She-ra we got 2 PoP figures

And Fisto, Jitsu and Clawful ? that's so Cool! with the chest, arms and legs of Clawful we can get quickly Buzz-Off! and way not Wiplash! OMG is like a orgasm

so for 2010 we can see...

Jan - Adora
    Feb - Trap-Jaw
    Mar - Moss Man
    Apr -
    Jun - Jitsu
    Jul - Fisto
    Aug - NA Figure
    Sep - Clawfull
    Oct -
    Nob - She-Ra
    Dic -

and other 3 figures that maybe will be Evil-Lyn, Buzz-Off and a Kobra Kahn or King Hiss.

Bonus Figures : Battle Armor Skeletor and Prince Adam i hope so...

and others re-release starting with Bestman with little changes in the bllister. i think for difference first release and second one.

I'm calling Stinkor for April. Surely he has to be on the horizon, he's basically already made.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Alright...we know

Jan-Adora; BA He-Man
    Feb-Trap Jaw; Battle Cat
    Mar-Moss Man; Wun-Dar (subscription bonus)

Coming sometime in 2010
    Orko
    She-Ra
    NA character
    Add Beastman somewhere in there... or does re-release not count? Also, has there been any news about whether we'll get mossman in March? I thought they were talking about moving this to April...
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    "But there are also some original characters from 200x- characters like Pravus, Carnivus, Lord Dactus that we will get to in time too in a Classics style"

Oooh so close! You lost me at "in a Classics style." Once again a swing and a miss, but that kind of sums up this entire line for me.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

The April figure is FISTO. I bet my house on that... I just hope we won't have to wait until November for She-Ra. That would be terrible. I want She-Ra. I only started collecting this line because they said it would include her...what a LOOOONG wait.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub