Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fwoosh: Interview With Mattel Part 2 (September 7, 2009) LONG

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    The April figure is FISTO. I bet my house on that...
    I don't think it will be a heroic warrior because they'll be far outnumbering the bad guys at that point. I think they also said they want to start alternating each month, but I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I'm calling Stinkor for April. Surely he has to be on the horizon, he's basically already made.
    I don't know, is a re-paint like Green Goddess or Prince Adam. i believe we can wait non new sculp figures like bonus figures.

And if Orko in coming in 2010 i don't believe he come like a regular figure. i mean, what do you think if the month figure is Orko ? having left figures like Spikor, Buzz-Off, Wiplash, Etc ?

I don't think that we will end the 2010 without a snake-figure.

watching the actual panorama, i see that we will have 3 figures per month.

1 month figure, 1 Bonus figure/Large scale beast/Battle Stands/Ethernia Map and 1 re-release figure.
    Last edited by badmouse; September 7, 2009 at 11:31pm.

so cool that we are getting beastman!!!! i missed him last time

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Yup, I need Beastman and Stratos from the first run still...so will definitely be happy with beastman.

with a lot of re-release the re-sellers can start to cry !

Quote Originally Posted by badmouse View Post
    but i don't understand way they said that we will see 1 PoP and 1 NA figures in 2010, with Adora and She-ra we got 2 PoP figures
    They said we'd get AT LEAST 1 of each.

Oh wow, THAT'S Pravus? Killer! I am seriously looking forward to him now! This line is beyond awesome.

I am totally blowed away by the interview and I can't wait to see what they do after some of these figures we've already seen become inactive after sale date. I just wanna know WHO'S the may though dec 010 figures dang it.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    They said we'd get AT LEAST 1 of each.
    you are right pal

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I am totally blowed away by the interview and I can't wait to see what they do after some of these figures we've already seen become inactive after sale date. I just wanna know WHO'S the may though dec 010 figures dang it.
    Exactly !!

Imagine yourself in a light pervaded temple, two altars in your front.
    On one, thereīs the secret of life .....on the other one, thereīs the Motuc list from Matty...

....What would you choose ?

"Peek-a-Blue, Mermista, Frosta, Sweet Bee, even Bow done by the Horsemen"

"characters like Pravus, Carnivus, Lord Dactus"

WOW PRAVUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To see them talking about Pravus itīs great that character is so bad ass!
    Iīm eager to see his back story in the Motuc Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    To see them talking about Pravus itīs great that character is so bad ass!
    Iīm eager to see his back story in the Motuc Universe.

Prahvus The best and first Evil from Etheria.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really happy with this Q&A. Love all the names which have been mentioned.

I really hope we do get some 200X characters sooner rather than later, same goes for POP - Glad Mermista was mentioned, really liking that character atm.

The line has been doing really well.
    That has to be the biggest understatement of the year

As if any of their other lines are doing close to the same business

really pumped to see all the POP mentions, anyone could figure Bow was coming when you took a hard look at He-Ro's figure.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That has to be the biggest understatement of the year

As if any of their other lines are doing close to the same business
    The other lines are doing the same business if not more (maybe not JLU). MOTUC has that "blink and you'll miss it/get your figures before the resellers do" hype factor going for it. Everything else on Mattycollector.com, people can buy at their leisure.

MOTUC might go first, but it's due to fear of them running out. DC Universe probably has a few more times as many figures that people are probably still buying.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The other lines are doing the same business if not more (maybe not JLU). MOTUC has that "blink and you'll miss it/get your figures before the resellers do" hype factor going for it. Everything else on Mattycollector.com, people can buy at their leisure.

MOTUC might go first, but it's due to fear of them running out. DC Universe probably has a few more times as many figures that people are probably still buying.
    Speaking only about MattyCollector I doubt any of the other lines is doing more business than MOTUC. JLU has not sold out of a regular figure set since it started, and DCU has sold out of exactly 1 set (sans exclusives). We have no idea about Ghosbusters and CARS is the only other solid line but it does not get many figures sold only on Matty.

I think you are being pretty naive to pin all of MOTUC success on just the fact it might sell out, if that were the case Tri Klops would have sold out in minutes instead of the longer time frame he did.

Trust me MattyCollector and Mattel is not throwing around high fives when you are 4-5 months in and your product is still available like it is with the other lines.

If you are comparing DCU retail + MattyCollector offerings vs MOTUC that is like comparing apples to oranges. This interview was in reference to online figure sales
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Speaking only about MattyCollector I doubt any of the other lines is doing more business than MOTUC. JLU has not sold out of a regular figure set since it started, and DCU has sold out of exactly 1 set (sans exclusives). We have no idea about Ghosbusters and CARS is the only other solid line but it does not get many figures sold only on Matty.
    The DC lines have way more product to sell than MOTUC does. DC and JLU probably have at least twice as much stock to burn through being retail based lines as opposed to MOTUC, which caters to a much smaller group. That's like saying a brand that sells 2 cookies in a month makes more of a profit than the brand that sells 10 cookies in a month.

I think you are being pretty naive to pin all of MOTUC success on just the fact it might sell out, if that were the case Tri Klops would have sold out in minutes instead of the longer time frame he did.
    There wasn't a rush to get the DC Universe stuff. Not that it doesn't sell, but there simply isn't a rush to get it. The last time anyone took their time ordering MOTUC stuff, they missed key characters because of low numbers. Hype and the fact that MOTUC has fewer figures than the other lines practically ensured that Trike--or any MOTUC character sells out faster than anything else Mattycollector.com sells.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 8, 2009 at 04:25pm.

that sucks that I'm stuck with another crappy POP figure in 2010 Now I'll have 2 1960's Sears catalog models, oh the joy!

but thanks for the interview!
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    that sucks that I'm stuck with another crappy POP figure in 2010 Now I'll have 2 1960's Sears catalog models, oh the joy!

but thanks for the interview!
    Sell it. I'm sure there will be some .org member who will be thrilled to take any POP characters off your hands.

I know that, it just sucks that She-Ra takes the spot of a figure I actually want. can't please everyone I guess. I'm sure there are alot of happy POP lovers out there

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Sell it. I'm sure there will be some .org member who will be thrilled to take any POP characters off your hands.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

I know that, it just sucks that She-Ra takes the spot of a figure I actually want. can't please everyone I guess. I'm sure there are alot of happy POP lovers out there
    The general MOTU fans, who aren't collecting the NA or POP characters will probably need a breather on some months, with all of those bonus figures coming out.

You could save money (or make it selling unwanted subscription figures), kick back and relax on the 15th of those months.

Possible new accessories with future figures?

I thought this was an interesting bit of information:

SN: "...we asked the Horsemen specifically to make sure that every figure had at least two accessories or an alternate head.

I wonder what new accessories we'll be getting on other figures that originally only came with one weapon, like Clawful and Man-E-Faces?

Man-E could come with the weapons that he uses for each face I'd guess. Other figures might get extra heads or bonus accessories (my guess based on what's been done so far).

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No, destroy it! Obliterate it! Split it into four pieces and pretend Skeletor has drawn and quartered it! You'll feel alot better. Trust me, Faceless G. Or you can be like me and pretend she's a part of Skeletor's harem of concubines forced into submission by the Evil Lord of Destruction.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!