Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Fwoosh: Interview With Mattel Part 2 (September 7, 2009) LONG

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No, destroy it! Obliterate it! Split it into four pieces and pretend Skeletor has drawn and quartered it! You'll feel alot better. Trust me, Faceless G. Or you can be like me and pretend she's a part of Skeletor's harem of concubines forced into submission by the Evil Lord of Destruction.
    When ol skeleys done with them they will need to wear a diaper!
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    When ol skeleys done with them they will need to wear a diaper!
    Super sweet! Show them no mercy, Faceless G!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 8, 2009 at 07:51pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Great read, and solid confirmation of She-Ra in 2010! Woohoo!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

And Tallstar can be a cross between Extendar and Trap-Jaw. Give her some threatening arm attachments, like a drill. Or she could be like a Terminator.

Hmm... now you have me thinking of all these menacing alter-ego type designs for the POP characters.

Spinnerella -- she spins and can create a whirlwind... OR spins and her clothes, lined with thousands of miniscule blades, shred the enemy to bloody pieces

Mermista -- she's a beautiful siren who eats her prey like the piranha she really is!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm no POP hater, but I'll tell you one thing, it's going to take one hell of a nice sculpt for me to be able to justify buying a character named Peek-a-Blue for my collection. I mean my obsession can only go so far...

Heroic Warrior
    SN: That was something that we asked the Horsemen specifically to make sure that every figure had at least two accessories or an alternate head

If this is the case, why does Zodak just come with his staff and not a 2nd head without the helmet? Or why does Beastman come with just a whip, or even Stratos, who comes with nothing at all?
    Last edited by grenadaspice; September 9, 2009 at 06:38pm. Reason: spelling error

Final Part of The Fwoosh Interview With Mattel (MOTUC Related Section)!
    .................................................. .................................................. .........................

F: Okay, how about Masters? We are up through March now that you have revealed with Mossman. The new head looks so good and I am such a fan of the original figure, so that was a big surprise.

SN: Yeah, we thought the Horsemen would do more of a 200x design but we got this one from them and we love it.

F: Kind of a kinder, gentler, 1980s head.

SN: Exactly. They are so talented that really, we don’t tread on them. We trust them so much and they know so much about the properties they work on. We told them two heads and they took it from there. If you notice, the Beastman head is actually looking to the left, his eyes? They are looking to the left, just like the old figure. That is something that Terry added, so a lot of talented people help make there figures.

F (SR&VB): [in unison] Will he smell?

SN: [laughs] Yes he will smell!

F (VB): Woo!

F (SR): Yes!

SN: Yeah, we really wanted to do that and next year I think we will pass out Mossman-smelling deodorant at Comic Con!

F: It is certainly needed for some folks!

SN: [laughs] Yeah, he will absolutely smell and probably that certain other character that smells will smell too. We actually know what the original smells were, I found them when I was doing my research for the book. So we are going to try to replicate it exactly.

F: Yeah, I remember exactly what Mossman and Stinkor smelled like! Burned into my brain!

SN: Oh yeah. And you will be able to smell Mossman through the package because of the punch outs in the bubble.

F: So when he shows up on the porch you can smell him before you see him! That is cool because I don’t think there has been confirmation of that yet.

SN: Yep, we can absolutely confirm that. He will smell and he will be flocked. (NOTE: Since this interview Mattel has learned that fully flocking Moss Man caused the flock to fall off when he is posed, so they are looking into alternatives such as a partial flock)

F: Yeah, I am pro flock. I know some aren’t but I love the flocking. On Panthor too.

SN: Yeah, I think with him people are worried about it taking away from the sculpt, but I think he should be flocked. I know there are fans of both, but we will probably end up doing the flocked one and then maybe sometime down the line we will get to a non-flocked version.

F (SR): Is the technology better for that now? I remember having Joes with the flocked hair and after you put the helmet on, the hair would come off.

SN: Yeah, it has come a long way for the most part. We tested it out and I actually have a black flocked He-Man on my desk from when we tested it out to see if it would work. So that is one of my treasures. The prototype Mossman was just a flocked He-Man in black fur.

F: You might be on to a designer line for Matty collector…

SN: [laughs] Yeah, we will just flock everybody in crazy colors! Who knows?

F:Well Scott, I think this free for all at the end is a good way to wrap this up. Thanks so much for sitting down sitting down with again this year, we love sitting down with you at Comic Con. Keep up all of the great work.

SN: Oh, thank you so much, this one of my favorite parts of the Con! We will be in touch!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/09/int...eitlich-finale
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 9, 2009 at 09:06pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Yes! Moss Man & Stinkor will smell just like the originals. That is awesome, now I can die happy...