Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List Your Top 10 Favorite Fan Characters

List Your Top 10 Favorite Fan Characters

The Fan Creations sections have seen some pretty awesome MOTU fan characters come and go. So many of us have followed them through contests, supporting them to be made into busts/statues. Some of us even pay to have commissions of them drawn by our favorite artists.

I have loved so many fan creations, and some that I did not initially enjoy, certainly grew on me. So many people have submitted materials worthy of the MOTU universe. Had I the resources I would make a fan character comic. But alas, I do not. So sitting here dreaming, and talking about it is the next best thing. I figured it was time to find our favs again and post them. Please try to upload their art (but I know there are image restrictions so at least get a few in) and list the name of their creator and tell us why you like them!

1. Armor-Dillo by Galvatron & HordeMonkey

I placed this guy at 1 because I felt he deserved a lot of props. Its can be hard introducing a new race into an existing mythos, and lets face it, armadillos are not awe inspiring. I felt that Armor-Dillo had that catchy MOTU name that we all love from this property, and his design was simply awesome. I tend to ignore the heroes for the villains, but he definitely ranks up there are one of the coolest looking characters.

2. Copperhead by 2-Bad

MOTU has a few cyborgs. It had yet to have a cyborg snakeman. 2-Bad created an awesome character when he gave birth to Copperhead. Not only is this character extremely well designed, 2-Bad designed his own back story in the form of a comic, utilizing existing MOTU favorites, blending his own unique fan creation into the MOTU mythos. And to top it all off, you can even get a statue of this awesome character as he won Royaltus1's 3rd Annual Fan Contest. I own one! I love him!

3. Wraptor by Patreek

I believe this to be Patreeks first attention grabber. This guy has had much support on the ORG and if I recall correctly, he will see a statue some day soon. While all of Patreeks characters have great qualities, I felt this one had it all. The name, the look, and well, he's a Snakeman. Who doesn't love the Snakemen of MOTU? A fantastic creation from a great orger.

4. Ink-Shot by Doompuppet

I will admit, I was never sold on the name. I'd take Inkor if I could change his moniker. However design wise, this guy is fantastic! His colours, powers, weapons, everything fits! I've always loved The Horde, and having his guy in the fan roster of Horde characters is great.

5. Sawnado by Iceman

Iceman has given us some great characters since his time on the board. I think of the power team of him and gbagok and all the lovely things they do. Sawnado is a great character. We have seen some great art of him. His design elements are pulled from several MOTU characters, and they came together to form one awesome creation!

6. Fungor by Buffalo Bill Man

BBM brings his artistic big guns with every creation. He makes and has been responsible for some of my favorite redesigns. When I saw Fungor, I fell in love. Everything about this guy fits in MOTU. The nod to Mer-Man in his design is so fantastic. I wish I had Fungor of my own.

7. See-Shell by BlueLobster1979

See-Shell is great! Who would have thought not all Crabmen are evil? The heroes really lacked some underwater power, and BL was definitely on the up and up when he gave us this lovely creature. I wonder if there is some artwork floating around out there of See-Shell and Clawful locked in a battle to the death? If not... its about time it got commissioned.

8. Uniquor by Iceman

Another watery denizen and a creation of the talented Iceman. Uniquor was my favorite for quite some time. Every time I looked at him I could see him locked in a battle with a not so bumbling Mer-Man for dominance over the seas. Uniquor is simply awesome.

9. Dragoona by Patreek

Another creation of Patreek's that just delights me. She-Ra Princess of Power characters seem to be in short supply. Female characters also seem to step back from the spotlight. Dragoona is an visually stunning creation that begs the question "Can the most powerful woman in the universe defeat such a threat?"

10. Recoil by 2-Bad

Finally a character that I just can't get enough off. Recoil is an awesome Snakeman. His design is by far one of the best snake creations I have ever seen. King Hiss' roster has so many brutes, it was time to see a more, sinister reptilian stalker. Recoil is just that, and his power is something none of us have seen before. That great mystical hand that rises from his back inspires fear and wonder! I love it!
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; September 7, 2009 at 09:16pm.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Uniquor was by Iceman

Ink-Shot by Doompuppet
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

1. ThugBug by Patreek (because he is a Bug and a Horde member)
    2. Spy-Fly by Patreek (because I like bugs...simple as that really)
    3. Uniquor by Iceman (because he looks cool)
    4. Fear-O by Iceman (I like mummies)
    5. Copperhead by 2-Bad (One of the better looking Snakemen fan creations)
    6. Prime-Hate by Horde-Monkey (Horde + Monkey = what's not to like?)
    7. An-Gar by Darth Latveria (I like the idea of rage / anger magic...plus he looks good)
    8. Wightout by Patreek (I like the way he looks)
    9. Darko by Iceman (he looks like an evil Orko...lol)
    10. Jaw-Breaker by Super-Munkyboy (cool looking is all I can say)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Movie mayhem!
    Well just off the top of my head

Baena
    Uniquor
    Kactura
    Rockstar

pop immediately to mind.

copperhead, seeshell and dragoona are the first three i think of...
    i am kinda sad there is no love for copy-cat....guess everyone cannot be a fan...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Uniquor was by Iceman

Ink-Shot by Doompuppet
    Thanks! Now where is your top 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Well just off the top of my head

Baena
    Uniquor
    Kactura
    Rockstar

pop immediately to mind.
    Be sure to come back and fill in the rest. Participation is key!
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; September 7, 2009 at 09:17pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    hmm... a top 10 list. This will be hard because I can't recall some of the names but I'll give it a try. Also, this is in no order because i don't think i have a specific favorite.

Rakash - Was in the last staction comp. Unfortunately I have no idea who created him.

To-Ro - Also in the last staction comp. Also no idea who created him.

Man-O-War - oICEMANo. Not sure if that is his name though.

Thugbug - Patreek

Wight-Out - Patreek

Spyfly - Patreek

Sir Seror - Wolfsfang. I wrote the bio on it but the art that Wolf did is what made it all come together for me to work with.

Wolfsfang - Wolfsfang (the creator's name is likely not a surprise).

I'll need to think of some more later.

Where's Oozor?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Great post, is difficult to say because I have a folder full of awesome fan arts, but just to name a few;

Man-O-War by Iceman; a very important thing, he has personality, character, even if it has only one image you can guess a full background for him.

Blacksmith by gatchagrey; another great character, so great I just had to make him in custom! a great story also.

Ying & Yang by gbagok; just a great idea, and great design too. I haven't read their story yet, but the design speaks for itself.

Mirror Maiden by gbagok; although it resembles female cobra comander, is a very original idea.

Riddle One by CrystalZveda; one of the latest I have seen, but it's the image I have from a style of egyptian cat-goddes, and fantastic art.

Slayurai by gbagok; I just love this kind of shadow beings!

SirSeror by wolfsgang; one of the best names given to a fan-character, and very cool design.

SpyFly by Patreek; another great idea, very well executed.

Unicra by Patreek; when the great art of Patreek encounters a really good idea - it become a fantastic character. At first I thought an official character from She-ra.

I hope to someday be able to make them all in customs and add them to my collection.

Not necessarily in this order:

1. Sawnado - by oICEMANo
    2. Hiproar - by Patreek
    3. Attack-O-Lantern - by Doompuppet
    4. Kactura - by super-munkyboy
    5. Armour-Dillo - by Hordemonkey and Galvatron
    6. Fungor - by Buffalo-Bill Man
    7. Dragoona - by Patreek
    8. Ageisha - by gbagok (and oICEMANo?)
    9. Snowguard - by danbrenus (or at least the custom figure he posted, if he's not the original creator)
    10. Flying Fist - by bootleg

I also really dig Constrictor by General Rattlor, Copy-Cat by gatchagrey, Copperhead by 2-bad, Ickthia by Patreek, and Kayle by StarblazerM31.

And bunches of others. What a great idea for a thread.

Bumpy Bumpy. There have been many characters since this thread was started, so lets bring it back.

If you participate, please discuss the characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless One View Post

Slayurai by gbagok; I just love this kind of shadow beings!
    Actually Slayurai is my guy, but brought to life through gbagok's awesome art skillz.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    8. Ageisha - by gbagok (and oICEMANo?)
    Ageisha is all gbagok!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post

Man-O-War - oICEMANo. Not sure if that is his name though.
    Yup, you got it right.

I'll have to give my list some thought as there are loads of cool characters to choose from!

Thanks also to all those who like my characters! It's so rewarding when one's creations are appreciated by fellow fans!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Well, i was looking through the old.he-man site, here and goggle.

For now i found seven creations who really got my interest and two of them only because they look promising even without a bio or anything.

Those two deserve to be seen here, the rest, i guess are very well known.

1. EMPRESS by Tigerburn

I really like her original design with the sword and the eye staff.

2. Ickthia by Patreek

She is pretty and dangerous!

3. Thug-Bug by Patreek

He is enormous and really a thread, great combo!

4. Goatman by Aaron Doyle

He just catched my eye and seems to be very promising and appealing!

5. Rammy Girl by Maestro Monstroid

I havenīt seen her ever before and it seems Ram-man has a sister...!?

6. Might-Bite by Royalt1us

Iīm really afraid of sharks and he is scary.

7. Widow Black by Sky Breaker

Tricky and venomous, i love her!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niki; October 5, 2010 at 09:28am.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    4. Goatman by Aaron Doyle

He just catched my eye and seems to be very promising and appealing!
    I agree with all you wrote. However, Goat Man is a canon character, from the Golden Books!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I agree with all you wrote. However, Goat Man is a canon character, from the Golden Books!
    To bad, i think he is cool, whatīs his story than????

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    ok. i think i have the start of my list, though it may take a while.

there are a few that i had to leave off, because they are S OOOO 200x, i can't picture them in the lore. I like fan characters that fit well. for example, spyfly screams 200x to me, but i can also see the "cornier" side of him, so i can picture him vintage as well.

but to be honest there are a few 200x characters in here that don't even come close to fitting with MY MOTU lore, but then again, my character might not fit in with theirs!!!! thats what is so great about this world.

let me begin:

Spyfly. creatively basic. great character and concept.
    Baene. i have stated it in threads before ,but this guy is the actual reason why i actually like green godess. before, she was just random for a filmation guy like me. but when you see a warrior that is to protect her, she has got to be sweet.
    Trappor. i think this guy use to hang around here. something about this character, i really wanted to see in the new cartoon. great concept.
    Copperhead. in the thousands of snake man characters on these fan boards, this guy is easily my favorite.......

dang, i have to revisit some of these pics and find who are my other top 10!!!

Flying Fist is maybe one of my all time favorite, but I dropped her from the list, because her suit and appearance and name are so close to Flying Fist He-man and that makes her little less original fan concept.

10) Hordor (gbagok) origin is a bit too powerful, but his looks and action feature are pure awesome use of one unproduced prototype. That's better than Horde Prime was ever.

9) Oozor (sllohcin) He fit's easily both in classic and new stories, he's manacing and cool. Psychologically Oozor is not much interesting character, but I would love to include figure amongst the other masters.

8) Fear-O (Iceman) Horde needs mummy and Ice made best vision and name to this unproduced prototype.

7) Widow Black (Sky breaker). She needs more story, but story seeds in her backround are potential. This character could be very effective in longer story lines.

6) Glade (J-Sun) Moss-mans mentor is such a interesting character.

5) Unicra (Patreek) I have soft place for my little ponies too.

4) Photog (Nathan Bitner) he's such a classic! Where's figure?

3) Copperhead (2bad) critically speaking his colors are too close to Rattlor and he looks too much like improved General Rattlor, but his origin story and action 2bad has given him makes him bigger than his concept. Best fan created characters need stories around them and Copperhead is propably best one in that area.

2) Mekorset (bootleg) Mekaneck's wife is here such a clever concept and I have so long missed that character in my Eternia.

1) Su-nami (gbagok) MYP cartoon has made so many characters deeper and better and Su-nami is just that brick wich makes Sy-klone even more interesting. And in Su-nami every little detail is in right place.
    Last edited by Monikasvo; October 5, 2010 at 01:59pm. Reason: typo
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

where can i find info about glade? mossy is a favorite, i would like to find out more about him....

Widget
    Maybe you'll find your answers here
    http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...ighlight=Glade

Glade is def. my No.1 of my Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Schwammhorn View Post
    Maybe you'll find your answers here
    http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...ighlight=Glade

Glade is def. my No.1 of my Top 10
    thanks Schawammhorn! glade is pretty freaking cool.... I like the idea of him. and that would make mossy less "god" like (which is the way i prefer) i like my mossy to be a masters, and a friend with decent powers.

not a guy riding a wave of flowers! lol. but thats a different thread.

In no particular order...

SlyVenom (SlyVenom)
    Glade (J-Sun)
    Bae-Na (Baena)
    Fungor (BuffaloBill Man)
    Ice-A-Kill (oIceMano)
    Lug (Skelepimp)
    He-Bro (He-Bro)
    Blockbusta (Galaxy Warrior)
    Trllian (Trillian)
    Dread-Beard (Miles "Snakeman" Jasem)

To bad, i think he is cool, whatīs his story than????
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=183547

Here you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    The Fan Creations sections have seen some pretty awesome MOTU fan characters come and go. So many of us have followed them through contests, supporting them to be made into busts/statues. Some of us even pay to have commissions of them drawn by our favorite artists.

I have loved so many fan creations, and some that I did not initially enjoy, certainly grew on me. So many people have submitted materials worthy of the MOTU universe. Had I the resources I would make a fan character comic. But alas, I do not. So sitting here dreaming, and talking about it is the next best thing. I figured it was time to find our favs again and post them. Please try to upload their art (but I know there are image restrictions so at least get a few in) and list the name of their creator and tell us why you like them!

1. Armor-Dillo by Galvatron & HordeMonkey

I placed this guy at 1 because I felt he deserved a lot of props. Its can be hard introducing a new race into an existing mythos, and lets face it, armadillos are not awe inspiring. I felt that Armor-Dillo had that catchy MOTU name that we all love from this property, and his design was simply awesome. I tend to ignore the heroes for the villains, but he definitely ranks up there are one of the coolest looking characters.
    I must admit that im very impressed that some of you guys still remember Armor-dillo after so long i think it was more than 1 year ago
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Thanks for the link, but there is no backstory and i have to admit, the fan art i found looks better than the actuall one!

Thanks for the link, but there is no backstory and i have to admit, the fan art i found looks better than the actuall one!
    that is becaue the fan art (from what i understand) is "how he would have been 200x verions"

i like it very much also.